Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
camroc1

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

Botha Boy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 am
camroc1 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:14 pm 142 hospitalised; 24 in ICU.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/ne ... r-2020.pdf

Whatever else is happening, hospitalisations are on a completely different trajectory to 6 months ago.
You need to know if they are hospitalised with serious respiratory illness or tested positive in the hospital. Even then, there is huge overlap as every respiratory case is likely to get PCR tested with its known deficiencies. Remember 97% of the symptomatic respiratory illnesses observed are coming back as being non-COVID ... the true level of false negatives being excused.

If you broke your leg but had a positive Covid test in hospital, you are less likely to be a real use case. But you will be a hospitalised COVID statistic.

We need the detail.
Realise that - it's the reason there are always so many "suspected" cases in the stats. Everyone admitted, for whatever, is a "suspected case.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

The known deficiencies of practically no false positives in an asymptomatic sample set?

Just stop.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gardai check points on all the motorways out of Dublin this morning.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

If I'm reading it right, Harris (Drew) is saying the Gardai are going to camp outside homes having house parties to dampen the mood because they have a constitutional right to protect a home but they can't actually go in to break it up? Noise complaint not enough? Or is that simply a warning anyway?

Need to get some legislation in place to give them more power to fine people.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:00 am If I'm reading it right, Harris (Drew) is saying the Gardai are going to camp outside homes having house parties to dampen the mood because they have a constitutional right to protect a home but they can't actually go in to break it up? Noise complaint not enough? Or is that simply a warning anyway?

It'll certainly ensure less drugs use.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

We need to talk about something else. Watched David Attenborough's yoke. Thought it would be a bit more of an autobiography but it's mainly him moaning about tuna and mayo sandwiches and saying people need to start going for a bite to eat in Cornucopia. He mainly blamed Cammy for the state of the world
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/cor ... ebsite.pdf

Looking at the map, there's a big section in the south east plus Tipp that must be bulling right now having to go to level 3.

Dublin continuing to drop. But yeah, level 5.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Where are the nordies so we can take the piss out of them the dirty bastards
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

camroc1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:06 am
CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:00 am If I'm reading it right, Harris (Drew) is saying the Gardai are going to camp outside homes having house parties to dampen the mood because they have a constitutional right to protect a home but they can't actually go in to break it up? Noise complaint not enough? Or is that simply a warning anyway?

It'll certainly ensure less drugs use.
That’s a good point but what about the people in the house?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Yep that’s what they do in Spain. At a house party during restrictions? Cops show up and everyone in the house gets an €800 fine. AJ will probably say it’s unconstitutional or something
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:14 am Where are the nordies so we can take the piss out of them the dirty bastards
They have all died of this extremely dangerous disease that kills a few people every week
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:14 am Where are the nordies so we can take the piss out of them the dirty bastards
Come at me bro.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Jim Lahey wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:30 am
Come at me bro.
Excuse me I will keep a safe distance thank you very much
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Going by google maps, the Gardai have checkpoints on M4 between Lucan and Celbridge, on M7 between Rathcoole and Kilteel turnoffs and on M11 Between Bray and Carrickmines.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 am Going by google maps, the Gardai have checkpoints on M4 between Lucan and Celbridge, on M7 between Rathcoole and Kilteel turnoffs and on M11 Between Bray and Carrickmines.
They should just have them on the m50 on ramps and overpass from every exit north of Firhouse. That way you'll keep all the filthy scrotes bottled up in west dublin. Do the same on bridges coming south across the Liffey and we're good
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Nordie bogballers. Have to laugh at the GAA asking for the data a few weeks ago and then this week deciding to cancel all non-elite games.
There's your data, guys :lol:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 am Going by google maps, the Gardai have checkpoints on M4 between Lucan and Celbridge, on M7 between Rathcoole and Kilteel turnoffs and on M11 Between Bray and Carrickmines.
Are they all on the roads out of Dublin? :lol:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

My mate was in the vicinity of the Meath champions celebrations. Was mayhem from young and old by all accounts and the recriminations are still going on. The village had something like 22 cases the week before so I think we can all agree the curtain twitchers will have a field day by next week. Nobody will die of course but people will shite on like it is Nagasaki
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Yeah, looking at Google Maps there, they have the checkpoint just before the exit for Castletown House/Leixlip West.
Quite a backlog now.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:31 am
Jim Lahey wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:30 am
Come at me bro.
Excuse me I will keep a safe distance thank you very much
Its OK, I’m not from Derry, Strabane or Crossmaglen.
Thank f**k.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Are the Prods trying to balance the Shinners :lol:

Edit: blame. Balance isn't something I associate with the north
Last edited by EverReady on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

ahh bollix ; I've to go down to Kilkenny tomorrow ; add an extra 20 minutes to the trip. Anyone know what the rules are for people landing at Dublin airport these days in terms of isolating ? used to be that you had to give the address where you'd be for 14 days and if the guards visit that address and you're not there you could get a €2,500 fine or 6 months in jail ; seems to have watered it down a bit, restricted movement etc ; also my understanding is anyone visiting from mainland UK is subject to same restrictions ; I've a work colleague potentially planning to visit from UK and is under the impression they're not subject to same rules (he's German so its not an empire thing)
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:46 am
ahh bollix ; I've to go down to Kilkenny tomorrow ; add an extra 20 minutes to the trip. Anyone know what the rules are for people landing at Dublin airport these days in terms of isolating ? used to be that you had to give the address where you'd be for 14 days and if the guards visit that address and you're not there you could get a €2,500 fine or 6 months in jail ; seems to have watered it down a bit, restricted movement etc ; also my understanding is anyone visiting from mainland UK is subject to same restrictions ; I've a work colleague potentially planning to visit from UK and is under the impression they're not subject to same rules (he's German so its not an empire thing)
Get one of these, stick it in the window and throw Twins on the telly full blast

iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

It's 14 days except from the green list countries. Make sure you fill out the passenger online form before you board your flight. Immigration are checking for that
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 am https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/cor ... ebsite.pdf

Looking at the map, there's a big section in the south east plus Tipp that must be bulling right now having to go to level 3.

Look at leitrim, lowest incidence rate, small population and all around it are going to shit
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Just looked at the green list :lol:
Cyprus
Finland
Liechtenstein
Latvia

Would you just fück off p :lol:
ticketlessinseattle

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:52 am
It's 14 days except from the green list countries. Make sure you fill out the passenger online form before you board your flight. Immigration are checking for that
yup, the part that seems to have changed is what you need to do for the 14 days - before I think you had to lock yourself indoors, end of....now its a bit more vague....

from web-site...

The Irish Authorities advise anyone coming into Ireland, apart from Northern Ireland and individuals arriving in Ireland from locations with a security rating of ‘normal precautions’ (“green”), to restrict their movements for 14 days, and this includes citizens and residents returning to Ireland.

"Restricting your movements means staying indoors in one location and avoiding contact with other people and social situations as much as possible."

ps I think I'll go with the ER approach :thumbup:
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:45 am Are the Prods trying to balance the Shinners :lol:

I blame culchies:
-state of Derry/Strabane/Newry
-GAA
-The Holylands debacle
-The outbreak at Queens
ticketlessinseattle

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:56 am Just looked at the green list :lol:
Cyprus
Finland
Liechtenstein
Latvia

Would you just fück off p :lol:
yeah, the only one that was any good to us was Italy and Germany ; even Germany is gone ffs ; I've to go there next month most likely which is a complete pain in the hole if we dont get this EU traffic light system going
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Jim Lahey wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:01 am
EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:45 am Are the Prods trying to balance the Shinners :lol:

I blame culchies:
-GAA
-The Holylands debacle
-The outbreak at Queens
It is a terrible pity Leo can't point to the north and say to the Shinners you are dirty bastards
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am
Jim Lahey wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:01 am

I blame culchies:
-GAA
-The Holylands debacle
-The outbreak at Queens
It is a terrible pity Leo can't point to the north and say to the Shinners you are dirty bastards
They'd just blame the brits or the DUP
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:31 am Gardai check points on all the motorways out of Dublin this morning.
Huuuge tailback on the M50 where it joins the N11.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:40 am
Nordie bogballers. Have to laugh at the GAA asking for the data a few weeks ago and then this week deciding to cancel all non-elite games.
That doesn't fit with the prevailing narrative on here LM

We now only believe something is going to happen, after it has happened .... cos the experts know fvck all dontchaknow, while the lads in hospital with covid are only really there due to a broken leg, which just happened to coincide with them also having a runny nose.

I notice all the lads who have been calling for an easing of restrictions are now celebrating the fact that the whole country has instead 'only' gone to level 3 ..... because this somehow vindicates their stance that the experts had it wrong all along.

Or maybe they've changed their minds and now admit the move to level 3 is justified by the data?

You couldn't make it up.
Last edited by rfurlong on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:49 am
Get one of these, stick it in the window and throw Twins on the telly full blast

Jebus Robert de Niro looks so old in that cut out.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Such a knickers
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:15 am
Leinsterman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:40 am
That doesn't fit with the prevailing narrative on here LM

We now only believe something is going to happen, after it has happened .... cos the experts know fvck all dontchaknow, while the lads in hospital with covid are only really there due to a broken leg, which just happened to coincide with them also having a runny nose.

I notice all the lads who have been calling for an easing of restrictions are now celebrating the fact that the whole country has instead 'only' gone to level 3 ..... because this somehow vindicates their stance that the experts had it wrong all along.

Or maybe they've changed their minds and now admit the move to level 3 is justified by the data?

You couldn't make it up.
You've gone insane.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

lorcanoworms wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:16 am
EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:49 am

Jebus Robert de Niro looks so old in that cut out.
Is that his penis?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:55 am
CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 am https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/cor ... ebsite.pdf

Look at leitrim, lowest incidence rate, small population and all around it are going to shit
Leitrim is probably benefitting from being, eh, Leitrim. Billy no mates.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

rfurlong

People are breathing a sigh of relief that we're not going to level 5. That doesn't equal agreeing the whole country should be at level 3. Especially as, along with the levels, they talked about localised approaches and I count 8 counties who currently don't deserve to be in level 3.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Thankfully most normal.people are now just getting on with it. We will never get some people back to work but Stats, Furlong and Mullet can own that