Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Nolanator
Posts: 38526
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 pm
themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm FFS, 6.25 and we haven't got the daily doom porn fix yet :roll:
Presser at 6.30 so that they can be announced with the appropriate fanfare.
There's what you might call a little issue with the numbers today.
Is there? Looks like the same non-event as every other day. One death.
ICU number still creeping up (albeit still far below capacity), positivity rate is high. It's not panic stations, but the Comical Ali routine is wearing a bit thin.
themaddog
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by themaddog »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 pm
themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm FFS, 6.25 and we haven't got the daily doom porn fix yet :roll:
Presser at 6.30 so that they can be announced with the appropriate fanfare.
There's what you might call a little issue with the numbers today.
Is there? Looks like the same non-event as every other day. One death.
There was a lab problem at the weekend. They are playing catch up with the testing.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:50 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 pm
themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm FFS, 6.25 and we haven't got the daily doom porn fix yet :roll:
Presser at 6.30 so that they can be announced with the appropriate fanfare.
There's what you might call a little issue with the numbers today.
Is there? Looks like the same non-event as every other day. One death.
There was a lab problem at the weekend. They are playing catch up with the testing.
All the labs?
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14199
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 pm I'm pretty sure people still like drinking coffee and having a chat.
It’s mad the way in more advanced economies that you see loads of coffee shops, restaurants, bars etc
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32861
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 pm I'm pretty sure people still like drinking coffee and having a chat.
Tell that to the family of that person who died today
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:50 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 pm
themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm FFS, 6.25 and we haven't got the daily doom porn fix yet :roll:
Presser at 6.30 so that they can be announced with the appropriate fanfare.
There's what you might call a little issue with the numbers today.
Is there? Looks like the same non-event as every other day. One death.
There was a lab problem at the weekend. They are playing catch up with the testing.
So there's a lot more cases to come?
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36533
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:47 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 pm
themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm FFS, 6.25 and we haven't got the daily doom porn fix yet :roll:
Presser at 6.30 so that they can be announced with the appropriate fanfare.
There's what you might call a little issue with the numbers today.
Is there? Looks like the same non-event as every other day. One death.
ICU number still creeping up (albeit still far below capacity), positivity rate is high. It's not panic stations, but the Comical Ali routine is wearing a bit thin.
Out it this way, do you think it was different enough from any other day in the past two weeks to warrant a special presser?? They need to ban these ridiculous daily updates and just do a weekly summary.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:58 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 pm I'm pretty sure people still like drinking coffee and having a chat.
Tell that to the family of that person who died today
I don't want to be cancelled. Yet, anyway.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36533
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:58 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 pm I'm pretty sure people still like drinking coffee and having a chat.
Tell that to the family of that person who died today
:lol:
Gav you have blood on your hands
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9501
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Issues with labs eh? So that's why Mary Lou says the next 24 hours are critical. She must reckon there will be a deluge of numbers tomorrow and she'll use that as a stick to beat the government with over not going to Level 5 last week.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36533
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Would they not have mentioned the problem at the press conference? Didn’t hear it
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:04 pm
EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:58 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 pm I'm pretty sure people still like drinking coffee and having a chat.
Tell that to the family of that person who died today
:lol:
Gav you have blood on your hands
And some mocha latte as it happens.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:05 pm Issues with labs eh? So that's why Mary Lou says the next 24 hours are critical. She must reckon there will be a deluge of numbers tomorrow and she'll use that as a stick to beat the government with over not going to Level 5 last week.
Would it not just effect the average turnaround time slightly?
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36533
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Johnny from Tullamore business owner running coffee shop paying tax voting FF or FG happy
Johnny from Tullamore on the dole, not paying tax, voting SF, not happy
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19067
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:47 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 pm
themaddog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm FFS, 6.25 and we haven't got the daily doom porn fix yet :roll:
Presser at 6.30 so that they can be announced with the appropriate fanfare.
There's what you might call a little issue with the numbers today.
Is there? Looks like the same non-event as every other day. One death.
ICU number still creeping up (albeit still far below capacity), positivity rate is high. It's not panic stations, but the Comical Ali routine is wearing a bit thin.
ICU, like hospitalisation numbers include people who contracted the virus while in ICU.
Rumham
Posts: 7395
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Rumham »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:29 pm And I'd strongly recommend you pause for breath before you start lecturing me or calling me a spoofer when it comes to the innovation economy, startups, life sciences, cleantech, medical devices etc ..... you have no idea how out of your depth you are on that topic.
Watch out - he can design and build their campus too!!
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14199
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32861
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:41 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:25 pm
rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:11 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:10 pm There will always be service jobs in the likes of hospitality and retail. Increasingly so in a world where everyone wants to be a tourist, and the first thing a newly rich middle class do is travel abroad.
yes .... and it wont take government intervention to help some local lad in costa del tramore to open a new cafe once this virus is gone .... because theres no market failure (in the Schumpeter sense)

bailing out these businesses now however, is not the best use of our scarce resources
We have a very angry group of 20 somethings in this country who let us know at the last election by voting for terrorists. They felt, rightly or wrongly, that they had no voice and no future. You surely see where this is going. It’ll be a shinner majority government if they don’t do something.
And a FG landslide three years later.
We won't pull their feet from under the table for ages.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Rumham wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:05 pm
rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:29 pm And I'd strongly recommend you pause for breath before you start lecturing me or calling me a spoofer when it comes to the innovation economy, startups, life sciences, cleantech, medical devices etc ..... you have no idea how out of your depth you are on that topic.
Watch out - he can design and build their campus too!!
He knows all and sees all like madame trash heap.
Rumham
Posts: 7395
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Rumham »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:00 pm Hospitality jobs are now unsustainable :lol:
Well I suppose they have been made so by massive knickers like you furlong :(
https://taphaus33.com/

Image

Pour your own pints. Hipster shit and a load of bollocks.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

People want to shout and roar and be ignored by a bartender for at least 10 minutes before getting a pint at 2am. It's all part of the ritual.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14199
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

I’m sure the auld lads will prefer robots delivering their €5 pints than a dolled up 20 year old. #automation #robotics #InnovationNation
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28768
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

The plain people if Ireland want their flat whites.


Good old PR :lol:
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40902
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
Very dangerous move for them, and will allow FF/FG go after them on economic grounds.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:22 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
Very dangerous move for them, and will allow FF/FG go after them on economic grounds.
Going after SF on economic grounds has worked wonders before and they've even opened the door by showing how easy it is to borrow billions.
User avatar
rfurlong
Posts: 11307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by rfurlong »

CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:27 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:22 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
Very dangerous move for them, and will allow FF/FG go after them on economic grounds.
Going after SF on economic grounds has worked wonders before and they've even opened the door by showing how easy it is to borrow billions.
We're only able to borrow because we didn't follow the shinner strategy of "doing a Greece"

It's amazing that no one in RTE is capable of pointing that out to pearse Doherty
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:34 pm
CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:27 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:22 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
Very dangerous move for them, and will allow FF/FG go after them on economic grounds.
Going after SF on economic grounds has worked wonders before and they've even opened the door by showing how easy it is to borrow billions.
We're only able to borrow because we didn't follow the shinner strategy of "doing a Greece"

It's amazing that no one in RTE is capable of pointing that out to pearse Doherty
Details are so 20th century.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36533
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

I finally got round to seeing Trey Edward Shults’ Waves. Fantastic - you can see the Malick influence throughout but he didn’t go down the self indulgent worm hole that Malick did with The Tree of Life. 9/10 highly recommended
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40902
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:27 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:22 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
Very dangerous move for them, and will allow FF/FG go after them on economic grounds.
Going after SF on economic grounds has worked wonders before and they've even opened the door by showing how easy it is to borrow billions.
You think a white van tradie will like sitting on his arse for € 400 a week when he could be earning twice or three times that working just because the shinners say so ?
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10382
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
SF won't adopt any position on it because they don't need to. They can just point at inadequacies in the government approach when they pop up and take potshots from the sideline.
User avatar
rfurlong
Posts: 11307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm
rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:29 pm Hilarious.

Brian is rightly calling for a shift away from both our MNC focus as well as from our concentration of low value, unsustainable (especially in a pandemic) jobs in areas like hospitality and pubs, and a move towards supporting our IDE's and HPSU's ..... which is exactly the point I've previously made.

I previously stated that the Government shouldn't step in to sustain every non-income tax paying barista job in the country, which trigged a BS tirade from you ...... but now you're agreeing with that analysis? :lol:

And I'd strongly recommend you pause for breath before you start lecturing me or calling me a spoofer when it comes to the innovation economy, startups, life sciences, cleantech, medical devices etc ..... you have no idea how out of your depth you are on that topic.
I have previously said it, you're a giant spoofer, your posts here evidence that. I am guessing you would have been balls deep in the dotcom boom and property boom before they crashed out & moved to some other spoofer role. Very little fundamental skills but you can make a power point out of FT and Economist articles. In the last 10 years you'll have heard about Pikkety's Capital or Taleb's Black Swan, read the summary and tell everyone about them whilst they sit dustily on your shelf. These people roam the likes of Smurfit and Trinity grad school but end up doing fudge all.

You have previously talked about our GDP being deadly, knowing full well that when the likes of Tasc compare our spending to it that it's hocus pocus. You are not going to retrain hundreds of thousands of chefs, waiters, pilots, air stewards, airport workers, artists, taxi drivers, chauffer's, bus drivers, tour guides etc to work in tech. You aren't going to get hoteliers, B&B owners, limo fleet owners etc. to redeploy capital to tech all of a sudden. Despite your years of talking BS on here that you've lifted from elsewhere, I don't think I've ever even seen you reaching for talking about UBI or negative income taxes so let's quit here pretending you had some real ideas. The most out there idea you've had is putting LUAS's lines everywhere, including one winding down to Stillorgan Village. I'm guessing that would go outside whatever miserable little semi D you own there that makes you feel like a southsider.

In terms of the actual piece and what we are talking about, what was interesting about Caulfield's article was ideas to try and extract people's savings to invest in other things. As bed wetters like yourself were happier for people in aviation, tourism and hospitality to suffer as your BMI might be creeping above 30 and are a bit scared, we have significant excess savings now that we didn't have a proper V Shared recovery. I want to see the money go into either the generally or productive economy and we need to figure that out. I don't really like EII schemes but it's good to see ideas being pushed forward.
:lol:

That's some serious trawling through my years of posts on here ....... you need to stop letting me live in your head as you're starting to sound a little bit unhinged/stalky

For my part I couldn't give a flying fvck who you are ..... this is an Internet forum you eejit

This is the best bit below .... and potentially the most inaccurate piece of the entire diatribe
I'm guessing that would go outside whatever miserable little semi D you own there that makes you feel like a southsider.
Seriously .... what age are you dude?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19067
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

*Nodding sternly"

SIGNIFICANT CONCERN!

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/sta ... 5092168710
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15179
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

paddyor wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:58 pm *Nodding sternly"

SIGNIFICANT CONCERN!

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/sta ... 5092168710
His name appears to be hard chambers on youtube :lol:
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32861
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Ah lads I saw a great post from a councillor today. She says 'We have had our October meeting in Tallaght stadium. This ensures we can socially distance. One of the things we agreed to upgrade was...Tallaght Stadium including a new north stand and improved facilities in the West Stand'. Where do you think the council are currently meeting.
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 4681
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:41 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
SF won't adopt any position on it because they don't need to. They can just point at inadequacies in the government approach when they pop up and take potshots from the sideline.
I though Mary lou had said, after plenty of pushing, that she agreed with the level 3 recommendation the government did last week
iarmhiman
Posts: 40114
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

The Northern Ireland issue is a ball ache for the shinners as they are in power up north. Micheal has to hammer away at their record up there
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14199
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:37 pm I finally got round to seeing Trey Edward Shults’ Waves. Fantastic - you can see the Malick influence throughout but he didn’t go down the self indulgent worm hole that Malick did with The Tree of Life. 9/10 highly recommended
Good to have your pretentious film posts back :P
iarmhiman
Posts: 40114
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:37 pm I finally got round to seeing Trey Edward Shults’ Waves. Fantastic - you can see the Malick influence throughout but he didn’t go down the self indulgent worm hole that Malick did with The Tree of Life. 9/10 highly recommended
More of a sharknado man myself
User avatar
rfurlong
Posts: 11307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by rfurlong »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:05 pm
alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:41 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm I wonder if the Shinners will appeal for Zero Covid. Boyd Barrett has come out for it as the silver bullet for the problem and he’s a bellweather for where the left go. The Shinners will have to be able to position themselves in the right place both North and South to get away with it, they can then blame London and Dublin for it not happening.
SF won't adopt any position on it because they don't need to. They can just point at inadequacies in the government approach when they pop up and take potshots from the sideline.
I though Mary lou had said, after plenty of pushing, that she agreed with the level 3 recommendation the government did last week

She did indeed ...... but it didn't stop the hordes of shinnerbots of accusing government of ignoring NPHET advice and putting people's lives at risk

Classic ditch hurling

Meanwhile up the RA Cullinan continues to try to politicize the issue by saying that southern hospitals should take patients from Northern Ireland
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14199
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:42 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm
rfurlong wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:29 pm Hilarious.

Brian is rightly calling for a shift away from both our MNC focus as well as from our concentration of low value, unsustainable (especially in a pandemic) jobs in areas like hospitality and pubs, and a move towards supporting our IDE's and HPSU's ..... which is exactly the point I've previously made.

I previously stated that the Government shouldn't step in to sustain every non-income tax paying barista job in the country, which trigged a BS tirade from you ...... but now you're agreeing with that analysis? :lol:

And I'd strongly recommend you pause for breath before you start lecturing me or calling me a spoofer when it comes to the innovation economy, startups, life sciences, cleantech, medical devices etc ..... you have no idea how out of your depth you are on that topic.
I have previously said it, you're a giant spoofer, your posts here evidence that. I am guessing you would have been balls deep in the dotcom boom and property boom before they crashed out & moved to some other spoofer role. Very little fundamental skills but you can make a power point out of FT and Economist articles. In the last 10 years you'll have heard about Pikkety's Capital or Taleb's Black Swan, read the summary and tell everyone about them whilst they sit dustily on your shelf. These people roam the likes of Smurfit and Trinity grad school but end up doing fudge all.

You have previously talked about our GDP being deadly, knowing full well that when the likes of Tasc compare our spending to it that it's hocus pocus. You are not going to retrain hundreds of thousands of chefs, waiters, pilots, air stewards, airport workers, artists, taxi drivers, chauffer's, bus drivers, tour guides etc to work in tech. You aren't going to get hoteliers, B&B owners, limo fleet owners etc. to redeploy capital to tech all of a sudden. Despite your years of talking BS on here that you've lifted from elsewhere, I don't think I've ever even seen you reaching for talking about UBI or negative income taxes so let's quit here pretending you had some real ideas. The most out there idea you've had is putting LUAS's lines everywhere, including one winding down to Stillorgan Village. I'm guessing that would go outside whatever miserable little semi D you own there that makes you feel like a southsider.

In terms of the actual piece and what we are talking about, what was interesting about Caulfield's article was ideas to try and extract people's savings to invest in other things. As bed wetters like yourself were happier for people in aviation, tourism and hospitality to suffer as your BMI might be creeping above 30 and are a bit scared, we have significant excess savings now that we didn't have a proper V Shared recovery. I want to see the money go into either the generally or productive economy and we need to figure that out. I don't really like EII schemes but it's good to see ideas being pushed forward.
:lol:

That's some serious trawling through my years of posts on here ....... you need to stop letting me live in your head as you're starting to sound a little bit unhinged/stalky

For my part I couldn't give a flying fvck who you are ..... this is an Internet forum you eejit

This is the best bit below .... and potentially the most inaccurate piece of the entire diatribe
I'm guessing that would go outside whatever miserable little semi D you own there that makes you feel like a southsider.
Seriously .... what age are you dude?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No trawling, have no idea. Just the vibes you give off. As I said before, you’d have been 5 years late to the California gold rush. You’d have been telling everyone how class Irish property was in 2006. You can have any opinion on me from my posts that you like, that’s mine on you.
Post Reply