All things Rugby
EverReady

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

:lol:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

It also found doctors were more accurate at swabbing than nurses and non-healthcare professionals.
:lol: The nurses unions will be hilarious
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Poor old Botha is being turned on by the rest of Gemma crew.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

We heroes of the revolution always turn on each other. It's our towering intellects
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

There's a cluster in Rathoath. They won the county championship Sunday before last(1k in Pairc Tailteann) and what ensued was a 3 day bender. Exacerbated by the rumour we were moving to level 5. I'd say this is what did for the North.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

BB is the Lenin type but Duff is the murdering Stalin style that will kill you all
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:48 pm Masks aren't particularly harmful though and if they make people happier opening things up so be it. Tbf they don't seem to help that happen either so why bother
Yeah. I can't rememebr who said it from NPHET(worried mask would make people over confident) but some confience is a good thing.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

One theory going around is that we're seeing milder infections because mask use is reducing the viral load (as opposed to eliminating it, which was never the point).

Anyway, it's not that hard to use one and certainly not worth the battle to not use one. I don't really get those opposed to it.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm BB is the Lenin type but Duff is the murdering Stalin style that will kill you all
I’ll delete all his posts on here after he’s dead too
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:22 pm
EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:48 pm Masks aren't particularly harmful though and if they make people happier opening things up so be it. Tbf they don't seem to help that happen either so why bother
Yeah. I can't rememebr who said it from NPHET(worried mask would make people over confident) but some confience is a good thing.
That was good old Cillian who got it spectacularly wrong about masks. It was good old western arrogance. The Asian countries figured it out years ago but obviously we needed western opinion leaders to admit it.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm There's a cluster in Rathoath. They won the county championship Sunday before last(1k in Pairc Tailteann) and what ensued was a 3 day bender. Exacerbated by the rumour we were moving to level 5. I'd say this is what did for the North.
I know all about that cluster from some of the very horses mouths. It's an absolute mess. Load of cases in Ratoath before the match. 15 senior players positive now. Recriminations. Brother against mother. It has it all.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm One theory going around is that we're seeing milder infections because mask use is reducing the viral load (as opposed to eliminating it, which was never the point).

Anyway, it's not that hard to use one and certainly not worth the battle to not use one. I don't really get those opposed to it.
Look it annoying when you forget one and I think some people genuinely get annoyed that it is freaking kids out. They are the only slightly valid ones
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm BB is the Lenin type but Duff is the murdering Stalin style that will kill you all
I'm Trotsky riding in Mexico
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:28 pm
paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm There's a cluster in Rathoath. They won the county championship Sunday before last(1k in Pairc Tailteann) and what ensued was a 3 day bender. Exacerbated by the rumour we were moving to level 5. I'd say this is what did for the North.
I know all about that cluster from some of the very horses mouths. It's an absolute mess. Load of cases in Ratoath before the match. 15 senior players positive now. Recriminations. Brother against mother. It has it all.
Filthy Meath cùnts
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:30 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm One theory going around is that we're seeing milder infections because mask use is reducing the viral load (as opposed to eliminating it, which was never the point).

Look it annoying when you forget one and I think some people genuinely get annoyed that it is freaking kids out. They are the only slightly valid ones
It's depressing putting the mask on at drop off and pick up and the kids can't be unaffected but they'd be more affected not going to school so it is what it is.

I've walked out a couple of times and had to go back alright after forgetting it. Keep a pack of disposables in the car for that very reason.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

A lot of the kids seem to want to wear masks to be like the adults.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm A lot of the kids seem to want to wear masks to be like the adults.
My eldest briefly thought it was cool until she copped it wasn't
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:35 pm lets be clear here .....

A) some people on here have been saying that NPHET has gotten everything wrong .... including moving to level 3

B) some people on here have been saying NPHET are right to be concerned and that while level 5 is a step too far right now, generally speaking it makes sense to have restrictions

Its utterly bizarre for group A to now accept level 3 was the right decision, while simultaneously deriding the Group B with the mantra of "why dont you support level 5 then"

The likes of Botha is now publicly siding with an alt-right, irish freedom party, anti mask nutjob ...... but the lads like ER are refusing to distance themselves from that lunacy cos they are so invested in the who "NPHET are shit" narrative

like I said ..... bizarre
Okay then be clear.

A) Who?

B)Shut up tool
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

I get the point that when does it end? There might be a requirement to wear one to stop influenza in the future.

Not a particularly big issue in Ireland but you have to wear them in public in lots of places (we made this sane, masks indoors. Masks when going to the toilet etc in a restaurant I had no issue with either as a new regulation).
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:01 pm Just to be clear so it doesn't get lost in the mists of time: I am heavily pro vaccine. I'd even take a vaccine if it was unproven and just for the craic. I'd take a vaccine for narcolepsy that gave you narcolepsy.
I can see the MIGA hats now, you've got my vote ER
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Yep. Few of the lads away down the country the weekend after with his bit on the side, everyone having to lie to cover for him. Everyone lieing to the contact tracers. They might have boxed in someone else who was playing away from home. It's like all the pent chaos unleashed. Find out what happens a three day bender, the GAA and illict affairs all collide with a pandemic, next week on Rathoath.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:32 pm
rfurlong wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:17 pm The Czech Republic has shut schools and bars
Dutch cafes and restaurants are closing
France talking about impose curfews

But yeah botha .... NPHET and the Irish Government have uniquely and catastrophically overreacted.

Meanwhile some gemmaroid headbanger is deserving of our consideration, while the country's CMO can go fvck himself, the know-nothing spoofer

Does that about sum it up?
Ah fcuk it, I confused ; Tony didn't over react now with the level 5 for Monday morning now ?
confused doesn't begin to describe you

I've already said he overreacted re: level 5

you may have noticed the BB brothers questioning his integrity, his competence and his temperament long before that though?
nardol

Post by nardol »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:55 pm
It also found doctors were more accurate at swabbing than nurses and non-healthcare professionals.
I was in an excellent position to take a swab last night and im no healthcare professional. Just FYI like
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:52 pm

A) some people on here have been saying that NPHET has gotten everything wrong .... including moving to level 3

B) some people on here have been saying NPHET are right to be concerned and that while level 5 is a step too far right now, generally speaking it makes sense to have restrictions

Its utterly bizarre for group A to now accept level 3 was the right decision, while simultaneously deriding the Group B with the mantra of "why dont you support level 5 then"

The likes of Botha is now publicly siding with an alt-right, irish freedom party, anti mask nutjob ...... but the lads like ER are refusing to distance themselves from that lunacy cos they are so invested in the who "NPHET are shit" narrative

Okay then be clear.

A) Who?

B)Shut up tool

I see you missed this from two pages back .... tool
My issue with Nphet actually started more in late April into May where they were solely dictating policy, including not allowing schools go back. I further had an issue that "flatten the curve" had become "suppression" and that we did not know what the strategy was. Aside from schools, I also wondered why other countries were taking different approaches and we weren't allowed to discuss that

My main issue with Nphet as a competent body became clearer when their minutes re pubs were released, showing them to be a talking shop and failing to contact trace properly over the summer. This was subsequently reversed when called out on it. I thought it was unacceptable.
the same people have been slagging off NPHET for months..... well before the level 5 misstep

tool
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:31 pm
Riding an ice pick
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:36 pm
EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:31 pm
Riding an ice pick
All passionate affairs end like that
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

nardol wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:33 pm
I was in an excellent position to take a swab last night and im no healthcare professional. Just FYI like
The swab goes in about 6". You'd be so lucky
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm
Yep. Few of the lads away down the country the weekend after with his bit on the side, everyone having to lie to cover for him. Everyone lieing to the contact tracers. They might have boxed in someone else who was playing away from home. It's like all the pent chaos unleashed. Find out what happens a three day bender, the GAA and illict affairs all collide with a pandemic, next week on Rathoath.
Was just talking the piss out of the mate that he has made it onto rugby forums and he was saying the numbers are so bad his mother's GP told her to stay away from the village for the foreseeable and treat everybody as they are infected as they probably are :lol:
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:45 pm
nardol

Post by nardol »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:51 pm
EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:45 pm
excellent :lol: :lol:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

George Lee saying 60% favour lockdown
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

I see Gemma and the gang are outside the criminal court with 'justice for Aaron Brady' at his sentencing where Caroline Donohoe had to walk past them.

https://twitter.com/conormlally/status/ ... 45120?s=20

Her vile-ness knows no bounds. I don't think I would have the restraint to stop beating them if I started.
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:34 pm
paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Okay then be clear.

A) Who?

B)Shut up tool

I see you missed this from two pages back .... tool
My issue with Nphet actually started more in late April into May where they were solely dictating policy, including not allowing schools go back. I further had an issue that "flatten the curve" had become "suppression" and that we did not know what the strategy was. Aside from schools, I also wondered why other countries were taking different approaches and we weren't allowed to discuss that

My main issue with Nphet as a competent body became clearer when their minutes re pubs were released, showing them to be a talking shop and failing to contact trace properly over the summer. This was subsequently reversed when called out on it. I thought it was unacceptable.
the same people have been slagging off NPHET for months..... well before the level 5 misstep

tool
And you'll make it clear there where it was stated that "NPHET got everything was wrong"?

Is this like you saying "it's only 3 weeks lads" then claiming you didn't?
Saying that restaurants should close one week, that they should have actually stayed open the next before today claiming you said they should always be closed?

Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:17 pm George Lee saying 60% favour lockdown
It's Level 4 for the border counties, it doesn't really matter there anyway as there is very little legitimate economic activity
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:47 pm
paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm
Was just talking the piss out of the mate that he has made it onto rugby forums and he was saying the numbers are so bad his mother's GP told her to stay away from the village for the foreseeable and treat everybody as they are infected as they probably are :lol:
185 cases announced in Meath today!
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:18 pm I see Gemma and the gang are outside the criminal court with 'justice for Aaron Brady' at his sentencing where Caroline Donohoe had to walk past them.

https://twitter.com/conormlally/status/ ... 45120?s=20

Her vile-ness knows no bounds. I don't think I would have the restraint to stop beating them if I started.
She has long gone the way of the God Hates Fags crew trying to goad people into having a go off her so she can sue
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Ratoath GAA not having a good time of it on social media this evening. :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

More shame for the GAA, I fully take back my previous attack on Dr Glynn for banning GAA types. We should use this time to ban the GAA once and for all.

@iarmhain
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

They're just following the science.