Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Gauss
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gauss »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:11 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:03 pm After their embarrassingly shit fact check of that Irish Times ad, thejournal have published a piece from Paul f**king Murphy this afternoon whining about the elites and Leo and whatever. There's 28bn down the back of the couch apparently.
It should be pointed out to that wanker that the Government’s decisions over the summer have disproportionately impacted Ryanair, Aer Lingus, aircraft leasing firms, landlords, hotel chains, Air BnB, Diageo, publicans & a whole host of other “elites” they regularly. The slowest economic reopening in Europe, with many industries still closed or near closed, but the narrative they pushed was economy vs health.

I’d also love to know how we can all seize the means of production by hiding under the bed.
Sinéad O’Carroll is also trying to get some bloke who pointed out the peculiarity of their fact-check fired on Twitter :lol: :lol:
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40922
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:20 pm Interesting piece on Unherd (sorry Gav), talking about a circuit breaker. As always, very balanced from Freddie.

It’s the kind of argument you could live with if it came from NPHET

https://unherd.com/2020/10/the-case-for ... t-breaker/
Interesting.

If you compare his model graphs, withe the hospitalisations graph (assuming a direct relationship between hospitalisations and death) published in the daily operations report, we would appear to be near secondary peak.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Gauss wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:30 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:11 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:03 pm After their embarrassingly shit fact check of that Irish Times ad, thejournal have published a piece from Paul f**king Murphy this afternoon whining about the elites and Leo and whatever. There's 28bn down the back of the couch apparently.
It should be pointed out to that wanker that the Government’s decisions over the summer have disproportionately impacted Ryanair, Aer Lingus, aircraft leasing firms, landlords, hotel chains, Air BnB, Diageo, publicans & a whole host of other “elites” they regularly. The slowest economic reopening in Europe, with many industries still closed or near closed, but the narrative they pushed was economy vs health.

I’d also love to know how we can all seize the means of production by hiding under the bed.
Sinéad O’Carroll is also trying to get some bloke who pointed out the peculiarity of their fact-check fired on Twitter :lol: :lol:
She is a truly dreadful “journalist”.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

cfm93
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by cfm93 »

I hope these lads actually have it because it would be a good climb down for everyone.

Pfizer to seek FDA approval for covid-19 vaccine in November

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/hea ... -1.4382844
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32901
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm
Gauss wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:30 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:11 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:03 pm After their embarrassingly shit fact check of that Irish Times ad, thejournal have published a piece from Paul f**king Murphy this afternoon whining about the elites and Leo and whatever. There's 28bn down the back of the couch apparently.
It should be pointed out to that wanker that the Government’s decisions over the summer have disproportionately impacted Ryanair, Aer Lingus, aircraft leasing firms, landlords, hotel chains, Air BnB, Diageo, publicans & a whole host of other “elites” they regularly. The slowest economic reopening in Europe, with many industries still closed or near closed, but the narrative they pushed was economy vs health.

I’d also love to know how we can all seize the means of production by hiding under the bed.
Sinéad O’Carroll is also trying to get some bloke who pointed out the peculiarity of their fact-check fired on Twitter :lol: :lol:
She is a truly dreadful “journalist”.
She has deleted the post and is getting kicked around. She just keeps posting the same thing which makes it worse. Very funny and she is obviously very stupid. I see her tweeting McHughs bollox so that adds up
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm https://www.thejournal.ie/court-overtur ... 9-Oct2020/

Interesting.
God damn judges :D :P
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 22706
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by danthefan »

I nearly found myself replying to O'Carroll there. Fairly contemptible stuff.

"I'm just surprised someone who works there could think that", what a crazy thing to say, as if there's no separation between a person and their employer. Extending that logic it's thejournal as an organization trying to get the guy sacked and not just O'Carroll.

As for saying "I have no power blah blah" is just straight up stupid. She doesn't decide how much or how little power her tweets have.
cfm93
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by cfm93 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
The relationship between them seems so toxic now that surely just changing the people on NPHET would be a good thing.
Rumham
Posts: 7395
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Rumham »

cfm93 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm I hope these lads actually have it because it would be a good climb down for everyone.

Pfizer to seek FDA approval for covid-19 vaccine in November

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/hea ... -1.4382844
Time to nationalise Pfizer. Bastards have been fleecing us for years.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40922
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

Rumham wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:15 pm
cfm93 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm I hope these lads actually have it because it would be a good climb down for everyone.

Pfizer to seek FDA approval for covid-19 vaccine in November

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/hea ... -1.4382844
Time to nationalise Pfizer. Bastards have been fleecing us for years.
I'm sure Murphy will suggest it !
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32901
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

It's simple and has been for ages only Leo the twat was more concerned about optics. The National Emergency Coordination Group need to be stood up and NPHET be much smaller subgroup that reports into them. The cult of Tony needs to end.
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 4681
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm I nearly found myself replying to O'Carroll there. Fairly contemptible stuff.

"I'm just surprised someone who works there could think that", what a crazy thing to say, as if there's no separation between a person and their employer. Extending that logic it's thejournal as an organization trying to get the guy sacked and not just O'Carroll.

As for saying "I have no power blah blah" is just straight up stupid. She doesn't decide how much or how little power her tweets have.
What was the guy disagreeing with her saying? Was he being a dick or was it a bit of a difference of opinion? If its a difference of opinion, it is quite something for a journalist to be trying to get someone fired for that. Actually even if he was being a dick, tough shit, unless it was threating in some way.
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 14928
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

Massey Ferguson wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:38 am My wife is contact tracing at the moment and is getting increasingly fucked off with the amount of people she speaks to who were symptomatic,
and/or awaiting test results and still went on to have 10+ close contacts in that time. They have no excuse, they know they shouldn't have but just decided the rules didn't apply to them. People are fucking dickheads and I don't know how you can legislate for that.
Use the powers under the 47 Act to criminalise such conduct and start charging and convicting them.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 8172
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Rumham ; Shanghai also from 2006 to 2008 ; good times and way the fcuk too much drinking ....mostly the GAA's fault
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

This bollocks of NPHET announcing their recommendations via the media is terrible for people's behaviour. Whatever about the optics of their negotiation with the cabinet via the media, it definitely modifies people's behaviour. If you think it's your last chance to meet your mates for over a month this weekend, do you think people are going to play by the rules and be sensible?
FFS
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 8172
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:22 pm
Massey Ferguson wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:38 am My wife is contact tracing at the moment and is getting increasingly fucked off with the amount of people she speaks to who were symptomatic,
and/or awaiting test results and still went on to have 10+ close contacts in that time. They have no excuse, they know they shouldn't have but just decided the rules didn't apply to them. People are fucking dickheads and I don't know how you can legislate for that.
Use the powers under the 47 Act to criminalise such conduct and start charging and convicting them.
not sure which is more likely that or speedy testing and contact tracing
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm I nearly found myself replying to O'Carroll there. Fairly contemptible stuff.

"I'm just surprised someone who works there could think that", what a crazy thing to say, as if there's no separation between a person and their employer. Extending that logic it's thejournal as an organization trying to get the guy sacked and not just O'Carroll.

As for saying "I have no power blah blah" is just straight up stupid. She doesn't decide how much or how little power her tweets have.
What was the guy disagreeing with her saying? Was he being a dick or was it a bit of a difference of opinion? If its a difference of opinion, it is quite something for a journalist to be trying to get someone fired for that. Actually even if he was being a dick, tough shit, unless it was threating in some way.
She's taking a pasting in the replies.
https://twitter.com/SineadOCarroll/stat ... 57474?s=20
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 14928
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 pm It's simple and has been for ages only Leo the twat was more concerned about optics. The National Emergency Coordination Group need to be stood up and NPHET be much smaller subgroup that reports into them. The cult of Tony needs to end.
I think you're right but for the wrong reasons.

There hasn't been a proper government in situ since 2016.

Minority governments are effectively paralysed ab initio so that they're bound to taking an inherently reactive role to developments.

The problem is, NPHET and other stakeholders are still operating on the basis that it's 1967 and Fianna Fáil have a majority.

Somebody in NPHET needs to make it clear publically:-

- Where the virus is spreading geographically;
- Who lives there;
- Where they work;
- Where they associate;
- Etc.

The elephant in the room of repeated annoucements is that the virus is worst in bad areas for a variety of self-evident reasons, size of homes, size of households, adherence to public rules, ability to understand and appreciate public health issues, etc. Without engaging with that, the government won't address Covid for fear of the Greens having a spack attack and collapsing the government midway through a pandemic.
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10384
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
Is it a leak from NPHET? The recommendation has been with government since yesterday evening. The leak came out this morning/afternoon. This government and his party in particular have been conducting their affairs through an orchestrated series of leaks so they really lack any credibility on this whatsoever. That's not to mention Farrell's existing absolute lack of credibility.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

The Fine Gael leader said a second lockdown during the winter months would be difficult for both people and businesses.

“There will be businesses that maybe could survive losing three or four months revenue but not another period,” she said.

“I think for a lot of people who really felt the social isolation that occurred back in the spring that will be more difficult the second time around particularly when we are into winter with bad weather and dark nights,” he added.

Mr Varadkar said the public will want assurances on how long another lockdown will last and what the targets are for unravelling Covid measures once they are introduced.

He said the Government will consider the latest Nphet advice along with other factors before making a decision on changing levels.

“It has to take into account a number of things - obviously the public health objectives around saving lives and preventing transmission of the virus but also the impact on mental health, general health, impact on disability services, on education, on society on job and that’s what we will do,” he said.

He said the Cabinet is not due to meet today.
Fingers crossed. I think the fact the cabinet isn't meeting today is telling.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40922
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

alliswell wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
Is it a leak from NPHET? The recommendation has been with government since yesterday evening. The leak came out this morning/afternoon. This government and his party in particular have been conducting their affairs through an orchestrated series of leaks so they really lack any credibility on this whatsoever. That's not to mention Farrell's existing absolute lack of credibility.
What are NPHET doing giving pressers ?

The advice is to government, and should remain confidential to government until a Cabinet decision is made. It should be published then, and the politicians, can defend their decisions vis a vis the NPHET advice. And NPHET should keep their gobs shut outside of providing advice to the government.
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 22706
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by danthefan »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm I nearly found myself replying to O'Carroll there. Fairly contemptible stuff.

"I'm just surprised someone who works there could think that", what a crazy thing to say, as if there's no separation between a person and their employer. Extending that logic it's thejournal as an organization trying to get the guy sacked and not just O'Carroll.

As for saying "I have no power blah blah" is just straight up stupid. She doesn't decide how much or how little power her tweets have.
What was the guy disagreeing with her saying? Was he being a dick or was it a bit of a difference of opinion? If its a difference of opinion, it is quite something for a journalist to be trying to get someone fired for that. Actually even if he was being a dick, tough shit, unless it was threating in some way.
I don't know if he was addressing her, he was commenting on the state of that fact check they did, her being the editor.
iarmhiman
Posts: 40145
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:36 pm
alliswell wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
Is it a leak from NPHET? The recommendation has been with government since yesterday evening. The leak came out this morning/afternoon. This government and his party in particular have been conducting their affairs through an orchestrated series of leaks so they really lack any credibility on this whatsoever. That's not to mention Farrell's existing absolute lack of credibility.
What are NPHET doing giving pressers ?

The advice is to government, and should remain confidential to government until a Cabinet decision is made. It should be published then, and the politicians, can defend their decisions vis a vis the NPHET advice. And NPHET should keep their gobs shut outside of providing advice to the government.
This was leaked this morning though and NPHET met last night?

Could have been a politician that leaked it possibly to prevent a level 5.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4355782

The advice was supposed to be filtered

Not sure why Holohan is still directly writing letters to the Minister for Health

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/ba4aa0 ... or-health/

Likely not implemented, I guess
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28778
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

NPHET recommended this two weeks ago.

Their position hasn't changed, why all the drama?
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:47 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:36 pm
alliswell wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
Is it a leak from NPHET? The recommendation has been with government since yesterday evening. The leak came out this morning/afternoon. This government and his party in particular have been conducting their affairs through an orchestrated series of leaks so they really lack any credibility on this whatsoever. That's not to mention Farrell's existing absolute lack of credibility.
What are NPHET doing giving pressers ?

The advice is to government, and should remain confidential to government until a Cabinet decision is made. It should be published then, and the politicians, can defend their decisions vis a vis the NPHET advice. And NPHET should keep their gobs shut outside of providing advice to the government.
This was leaked this morning though and NPHET met last night?

Could have been a politician that leaked it possibly to prevent a level 5.
I really don't have time for Nphet following the last one. They were called out on it but Holohan tried to throw it back to the Government.

Yes Holohan rang the Minister to express his concerns, but the anticipation seemed to be a Level 4 recommendation might come for Dublin/Donegal and Level 3 elsewhere. That was all on the back of the Living with Covid plan & level 2 being recommended to stay on the Thursday.

The advice given wasn't directly communicated by phone (that's on the record) and represented a totally new departure by Nphet. Holohan would clearly have known the issues with his recommendation and should have put in a courtesy call. Varadkar had previously complained that they previously basically worked up the advice in the background before before signing any letter.

A member of Nphet ("speaking in a personal capacity") was then on Morning Ireland the next day to explain why Level 5 was needed. This isn't the action of a body looking to work with the Government.

That said the Government should have already put the filters in place already.
cfm93
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by cfm93 »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm I nearly found myself replying to O'Carroll there. Fairly contemptible stuff.

"I'm just surprised someone who works there could think that", what a crazy thing to say, as if there's no separation between a person and their employer. Extending that logic it's thejournal as an organization trying to get the guy sacked and not just O'Carroll.

As for saying "I have no power blah blah" is just straight up stupid. She doesn't decide how much or how little power her tweets have.
What was the guy disagreeing with her saying? Was he being a dick or was it a bit of a difference of opinion? If its a difference of opinion, it is quite something for a journalist to be trying to get someone fired for that. Actually even if he was being a dick, tough shit, unless it was threating in some way.
The interaction is here, he wasn't talking to her.

https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk/status ... 7519202309

Tagging his employer was a shit.
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 4681
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

cfm93 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:09 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm I nearly found myself replying to O'Carroll there. Fairly contemptible stuff.

"I'm just surprised someone who works there could think that", what a crazy thing to say, as if there's no separation between a person and their employer. Extending that logic it's thejournal as an organization trying to get the guy sacked and not just O'Carroll.

As for saying "I have no power blah blah" is just straight up stupid. She doesn't decide how much or how little power her tweets have.
What was the guy disagreeing with her saying? Was he being a dick or was it a bit of a difference of opinion? If its a difference of opinion, it is quite something for a journalist to be trying to get someone fired for that. Actually even if he was being a dick, tough shit, unless it was threating in some way.
The interaction is here, he wasn't talking to her.

https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk/status ... 7519202309

Tagging his employer was a shit.

That's a really shit thing to do
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19068
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

Rumham wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:08 am I lived there for 5 years. Been in and out of there for a decade more and worked on projects across the ME, Africa and SE Asia during that time where their increased presence and sway has been impossible to ignore. We did a project in DRC where the number of Chinese contractors serving their own mines was actually mind blowing. Need a crane? Send a lad over to the Chinese boys who have multiple 100T mobiles available for rent as they were gathering dust. Those things are generally like gold dust in the bush and they had 4 of them lying idle.

But yeah, twitter.
That's quite an appeal to authority. WHo do I believe, some guy on PR or the academics/journalists who've studied china.

IF they were any good at planning they wouldn't have 4 of them lying idle though would they?
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36581
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:52 pm NPHET recommended this two weeks ago.

Their position hasn't changed, why all the drama?
People love a bit of drama. There are people out there completely obsessed with locking down. They’re insane but 7 months of relentless media scaremongering has made them that way. 29 cases in icu for fudge sake stop panicking and stick to the plan
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:57 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:52 pm NPHET recommended this two weeks ago.

Their position hasn't changed, why all the drama?
People love a bit of drama. There are people out there completely obsessed with locking down. They’re insane but 7 months of relentless media scaremongering has made them that way. 29 cases in icu for fudge sake stop panicking and stick to the plan
CLOSE THE SCHOOLS AND SAVE US, TONY!!!!!
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Level of covid in the school community is lower than national level. I'm assuming what that means is kids, parents and teachers but it could just mean kids and teachers. I reckon the general drive to make sure schools stay open from the parents is part of that. If the schools are closing anyway, you could find more parents going 'fúck it'.
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10384
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:36 pm
alliswell wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
Is it a leak from NPHET? The recommendation has been with government since yesterday evening. The leak came out this morning/afternoon. This government and his party in particular have been conducting their affairs through an orchestrated series of leaks so they really lack any credibility on this whatsoever. That's not to mention Farrell's existing absolute lack of credibility.
What are NPHET doing giving pressers ?

The advice is to government, and should remain confidential to government until a Cabinet decision is made. It should be published then, and the politicians, can defend their decisions vis a vis the NPHET advice. And NPHET should keep their gobs shut outside of providing advice to the government.
You know why they're giving press conferences. They were given full authority over all aspects of public health. If the government want to put a stop to the press conferences it is up to them. Won't be popular though.

As for the cabinet, they're a sieve. The parties involved (one in particular) have made a joke of cabinet confidentiality so they have don't have the credibility to accuse others of leaking information.
iarmhiman
Posts: 40145
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Very important kids are kept in schools especially kids from disadvantaged backgrounds but all kids really
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

The overall picture really needs to be rammed home by Leo (think it's better coming from him than Martin who can then temper it).

The problem is that the more we talk about living with it, the more people drop their guard.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15193
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Except for older secondary school kids. They need to be locked in their attics and fed on a diet of fish heads for a couple of years.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36581
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

alliswell wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:13 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:36 pm
alliswell wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm https://twitter.com/alanfarrell/status/ ... 26240?s=21
It appears that NPHET are briefing the media again ahead of its primary function of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues, questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form.
The NPHET super fans don’t like it
Is it a leak from NPHET? The recommendation has been with government since yesterday evening. The leak came out this morning/afternoon. This government and his party in particular have been conducting their affairs through an orchestrated series of leaks so they really lack any credibility on this whatsoever. That's not to mention Farrell's existing absolute lack of credibility.
What are NPHET doing giving pressers ?

The advice is to government, and should remain confidential to government until a Cabinet decision is made. It should be published then, and the politicians, can defend their decisions vis a vis the NPHET advice. And NPHET should keep their gobs shut outside of providing advice to the government.
You know why they're giving press conferences. They were given full authority over all aspects of public health. If the government want to put a stop to the press conferences it is up to them. Won't be popular though.

As for the cabinet, they're a sieve. The parties involved (one in particular) have made a joke of cabinet confidentiality so they have don't have the credibility to accuse others of leaking information.
Who gives a shit if it’s popular - it’s the right thing to do. Daily f**king press conferences, get off the stage.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:16 pm Very important kids are kept in schools especially kids from disadvantaged backgrounds but all kids really
Agreed.

And because it's kids and transmission levels seem to be OK, there's public buy in but really the argument can be tweaked for lots of areas in our society.
Post Reply