Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32904
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:34 am I met a fella with two pints yesterday and he said everything is grand and that I look like an Adonis
Were they his pints or random pints? I know people off the bored and they will confirm to you I am a marvellous specimen as well
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:36 am
how about holding them accountable for how they're managing the pandemic ? do you think they've managed the 7 months since March effectively ? are you happy with the performance of their track and trace roll out, getting ICU beds to hospitals that may need them ? coming up a clear communication strategy of what are the numbers in terms of cases, hospitalisations, deaths for us to move from level 3 to 4 to 5 to 4 to 3 etc ....or is everything the lads acting the maggots fault ? and even if you were daft enough to think that then what measures are the gubernment introducing to curb people acting the bollix ?
Lads acting the maggot with house parties in the Art and Hobby shop and the gym as well, the argument just constantly moves with them but the stench of BS goes with it.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 8172
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

ahh sure look it
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 8172
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

probably done but Jesus, someone just sent me that clip of Micheal Martin and Leo at the press conference announcing the new restrictions ; MM very nervous (understandable) and hands off a question to Leo who didn't understand which day the new restrictions come in, journalist had to explain the midnight thingy....
fair dues to them for plugging away (dunno if I could do it, actually I know I couldn't) but not a good look
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

They've already changed their minds on how many will be allowed at funerals. :lol:
Up to 25, in line with weddings.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm They've already changed their minds on how many will be allowed at funerals. :lol:
Up to 25, in line with weddings.
A really stupid mistake in the first place.
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm
Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm They've already changed their minds on how many will be allowed at funerals. :lol:
Up to 25, in line with weddings.
A really stupid mistake in the first place.
Journal article gives a quote that the intial thinking was that there would be very few weddings actually taking place, hence not being so worried about numbers of guests. Funerals will continue to take place though, so they wanted greater restrictions there.
Shit decision, IMO.

The 25 guests are all supposed to live within 5km of each other and the church, though. :roll: :roll:
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Gardai finally look to be getting powers to break up house parties and fine occupiers. Could they not have tried all these enforcement options a month or two ago so the rest of us didn't have to suffer?
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm
Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm They've already changed their minds on how many will be allowed at funerals. :lol:
Up to 25, in line with weddings.
A really stupid mistake in the first place.
Journal article gives a quote that the intial thinking was that there would be very few weddings actually taking place, hence not being so worried about numbers of guests. Funerals will continue to take place though, so they wanted greater restrictions there.
Shit decision, IMO.

The 25 guests are all supposed to live within 5km of each other and the church, though. :roll: :roll:
That thinking came out of someone's arse as they tried to figure out an excuse to justify it!

The 5km thing is bonkers, does that apply to funerals too?
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:55 pm
Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm
Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm They've already changed their minds on how many will be allowed at funerals. :lol:
Up to 25, in line with weddings.
A really stupid mistake in the first place.
Journal article gives a quote that the intial thinking was that there would be very few weddings actually taking place, hence not being so worried about numbers of guests. Funerals will continue to take place though, so they wanted greater restrictions there.
Shit decision, IMO.

The 25 guests are all supposed to live within 5km of each other and the church, though. :roll: :roll:
That thinking came out of someone's arse as they tried to figure out an excuse to justify it!

The 5km thing is bonkers, does that apply to funerals too?
Both, from what I can tell, which is entirely wistful thinking.
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 11609
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lorcanoworms »

Edit. Sorry for the shouting, too used to auditing the Mun and Ulster team selections.
Thanks for the food tips, The stoop was grand.
Last edited by lorcanoworms on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Mallow News
@MallowNews
·
BREAKING Leo Varadkar Hospitalised With Dehydration After 2 Weeks Continuous Leaking
:lol:
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9511
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm probably done but Jesus, someone just sent me that clip of Micheal Martin and Leo at the press conference announcing the new restrictions ; MM very nervous (understandable) and hands off a question to Leo who didn't understand which day the new restrictions come in, journalist had to explain the midnight thingy....
fair dues to them for plugging away (dunno if I could do it, actually I know I couldn't) but not a good look
To be fair, I asked a few people today what they understood "midnight Wednesday" to be and it was pretty much 50/50 people either thinking it was Tuesday/Wed and Wed/Thu.
I would be in the former cohort. The date changes at 00:00 on the 24hr clock - which is midnight.
Anyway, not a biggie in the greater scheme of things.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:55 pm
Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm
Nolanator wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm They've already changed their minds on how many will be allowed at funerals. :lol:
Up to 25, in line with weddings.
A really stupid mistake in the first place.
Journal article gives a quote that the intial thinking was that there would be very few weddings actually taking place, hence not being so worried about numbers of guests. Funerals will continue to take place though, so they wanted greater restrictions there.
Shit decision, IMO.

The 25 guests are all supposed to live within 5km of each other and the church, though. :roll: :roll:
That thinking came out of someone's arse as they tried to figure out an excuse to justify it!

The 5km thing is bonkers, does that apply to funerals too?
Yeah they’re just making stuff up now.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1 ... -covid-19/

What way will furlong go today in his claims to be on the ball with Government strategy?

I think he should just stay with Mullet and say Irish people are shit at this point. Will stop him making a tit of himself daily with his changes in position.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:54 pm Gardai finally look to be getting powers to break up house parties and fine occupiers. Could they not have tried all these enforcement options a month or two ago so the rest of us didn't have to suffer?
Because they’re f**king eejits.
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:15 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm probably done but Jesus, someone just sent me that clip of Micheal Martin and Leo at the press conference announcing the new restrictions ; MM very nervous (understandable) and hands off a question to Leo who didn't understand which day the new restrictions come in, journalist had to explain the midnight thingy....
fair dues to them for plugging away (dunno if I could do it, actually I know I couldn't) but not a good look
To be fair, I asked a few people today what they understood "midnight Wednesday" to be and it was pretty much 50/50 people either thinking it was Tuesday/Wed and Wed/Thu.
I would be in the former cohort. The date changes at 00:00 on the 24hr clock - which is midnight.
Anyway, not a biggie in the greater scheme of things.
I assumed it meant 00:01 on Thursday, but midnight is always an ambiguous way to specify a time in a given day.
It was just that all the talk around announcing restrictions referenced having a couple of days to plan for the restrictions that I assumed Tuesday and Wednesday would be normal.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:15 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm probably done but Jesus, someone just sent me that clip of Micheal Martin and Leo at the press conference announcing the new restrictions ; MM very nervous (understandable) and hands off a question to Leo who didn't understand which day the new restrictions come in, journalist had to explain the midnight thingy....
fair dues to them for plugging away (dunno if I could do it, actually I know I couldn't) but not a good look
To be fair, I asked a few people today what they understood "midnight Wednesday" to be and it was pretty much 50/50 people either thinking it was Tuesday/Wed and Wed/Thu.
I would be in the former cohort. The date changes at 00:00 on the 24hr clock - which is midnight.
Anyway, not a biggie in the greater scheme of things.
Just to be clear, I'm assuming everything open tomorrow, closed Thursday? Not that I've anything to rush out for right now.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9511
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:20 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:15 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm probably done but Jesus, someone just sent me that clip of Micheal Martin and Leo at the press conference announcing the new restrictions ; MM very nervous (understandable) and hands off a question to Leo who didn't understand which day the new restrictions come in, journalist had to explain the midnight thingy....
fair dues to them for plugging away (dunno if I could do it, actually I know I couldn't) but not a good look
To be fair, I asked a few people today what they understood "midnight Wednesday" to be and it was pretty much 50/50 people either thinking it was Tuesday/Wed and Wed/Thu.
I would be in the former cohort. The date changes at 00:00 on the 24hr clock - which is midnight.
Anyway, not a biggie in the greater scheme of things.
Just to be clear, I'm assuming everything open tomorrow, closed Thursday? Not that I've anything to rush out for right now.
Yes that is the case. I'm the same. No rush for anything bar ensuring the booze is stocked up. And maybe food too
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Have they run out of toilet roll yet
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 4681
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Went to nutgrove to get a few things thinking I would be very quick @ lunch time. The 1 km journey took me 25 minutes and nutgrove was as busy if not busier than any saturday.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32904
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Missus went to Liffey Valley. Wasn't pretty. The queues are mental at the grocery shops next week as people have nowhere else to go
cfm93
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by cfm93 »

Their entire 'strategy' is to see saw between lockdown and merely high restrictions until a vaccine comes along, at least their being honest about it I suppose.
Micheal Martin: "I'm being candid with the Oireachtas… I do foresee a period where you will have higher level restrictions, followed by lower level restrictions, and if necessary followed by higher level restrictions again"
https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/13 ... 0145608704
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32904
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

:lol: Absolute fück knuckles
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

cfm93 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:13 pm Their entire 'strategy' is to see saw between lockdown and merely high restrictions until a vaccine comes along, at least their being honest about it I suppose.
Micheal Martin: "I'm being candid with the Oireachtas… I do foresee a period where you will have higher level restrictions, followed by lower level restrictions, and if necessary followed by higher level restrictions again"
https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/13 ... 0145608704
The bloody idiots
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32904
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:18 pm
cfm93 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:13 pm Their entire 'strategy' is to see saw between lockdown and merely high restrictions until a vaccine comes along, at least their being honest about it I suppose.
Micheal Martin: "I'm being candid with the Oireachtas… I do foresee a period where you will have higher level restrictions, followed by lower level restrictions, and if necessary followed by higher level restrictions again"
https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/13 ... 0145608704
The bloody idiots
No no no you're the idiot
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15193
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:16 pm https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1 ... -covid-19/

What way will furlong go today in his claims to be on the ball with Government strategy?

I think he should just stay with Mullet and say Irish people are shit at this point. Will stop him making a tit of himself daily with his changes in position.
We're saving xmas though, apparently. Sit at home with 5 people and a glass of sherry.
User avatar
Premier Red
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Premier Red »

And hit back into Level 5 again in February and the cycle starts all over again.....
Nolanator
Posts: 38535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Bouncing back and forth between lockdown and lighter restrictions is a load of ask me bollocks.
iarmhiman
Posts: 40147
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Premier Red wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:07 pm And hit back into Level 5 again in February and the cycle starts all over again.....
All the way to summer when we're outdoors again and the virus hibernates to an extent, then Q3/ Q4 the vaccine should be available to the general population. I think this and January will be the worst of it.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32904
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

The system is in a bit of trouble and methinks I know why the Government have taken this stupid action. Mullet this is a story so avert your eyes. As I mentioned the young one had her operation cancelled and we were told by her class on Sunday she is a close contact. Nothing from the HSE so today we contacted school and the HSE had contacted them, not us, to say the children are on a 7 day test protocol and they will be in touch then. Issues abound
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15193
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 pm The system is in a bit of trouble and methinks I know why the Government have taken this stupid action. Mullet this is a story so avert your eyes. As I mentioned the young one had her operation cancelled and we were told by her class on Sunday she is a close contact. Nothing from the HSE so today we contacted school and the HSE had contacted them, not us, to say the children are on a 7 day test protocol and they will be in touch then. Issues abound
The into lad said earlier their experience of track and trace in schools has been a complete shambles.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15193
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Has this been done? https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/202 ... -covid-19/

Show us the goods, phil!
DeDoc
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by DeDoc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-7olodzsQ4

Nice short video on how some clever use of mathematics could give us far more powerful testing at minimal extra cost
iarmhiman
Posts: 40147
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

DeDoc what's your take on this?

Do you agree with the level 5 or is it too far in your opinion?
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

DeDoc wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:26 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-7olodzsQ4

Nice short video on how some clever use of mathematics could give us far more powerful testing at minimal extra cost
Is that video all about pool testing or does it go further? Mentioned pool testing months ago as a good way to do serial testing. Think De Gascun said they were looking at it but nothing about it since.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Anyone have a list of daily figures from NI? Is it my imagination or have they stabilised for a couple of weeks and have now started a slight dip?
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14211
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

EverReady wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 pm The system is in a bit of trouble and methinks I know why the Government have taken this stupid action. Mullet this is a story so avert your eyes. As I mentioned the young one had her operation cancelled and we were told by her class on Sunday she is a close contact. Nothing from the HSE so today we contacted school and the HSE had contacted them, not us, to say the children are on a 7 day test protocol and they will be in touch then. Issues abound
It's quite clear that the system started to crash and burn in August. A trickle of community cases started increasing a lot and once schools opened they had no idea. They also started doing contact tracing beyond 48 hours in September when the numbers started to fly up and only did it to try and link a couple of restaurants to outbreaks to cover their asses. It's utterly shambolic but there will be no accountability for it.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15193
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:36 pm Anyone have a list of daily figures from NI? Is it my imagination or have they stabilised for a couple of weeks and have now started a slight dip?
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoi ... IsImMiOjh9
DeDoc
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by DeDoc »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm DeDoc what's your take on this?

Do you agree with the level 5 or is it too far in your opinion?
I haven't studied the numbers in any great detail, but it does look like the trends are towards ICUs being overwhelmed if they don't do something radical. And while CFR is substantially lower now than previously, the other risks and the likelihood of outcomes being far worse than current ones in the event the health service is overstretched would add substance to that

I'd liken the situation to having your house on fire and the firebrigade have the big hose ready to switch on. It may be the only tool available capable of putting out the flames, but if you spent the last 6 months ignoring the lads chucking petrol bombs in, or the people stacking highly flammable inside, then you're not really on top of the problem.

So more testing, more tracing, more enforcement, more encouraging people to call out plum behaviour should all have been emphasised a lot more, a lot earlier
CM11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm
Is that video all about pool testing or does it go further? Mentioned pool testing months ago as a good way to do serial testing. Think De Gascun said they were looking at it but nothing about it since.
yep, it's about pool testing, in various forms of complexity
Post Reply