Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
EverReady

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:26 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:13 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm This was known. That was why locking down like us is stoopid. We have to give NPHET a way to come out of this with their heads held high and during the later enquiry we can push them back down
The way out of this is to massively increase the capacity of hospitals, staff and accept we'll be paying for it out of our salaries forever.
I can't see why we can't take temporary measures but I think I know why the Shinners are plying their current trade in Level 5 bullshit. I thought it was the performance up north but I reckon they know the government are fücked and have to take risks at some point and from then every death will be hammered in the papers. To be fair we again predicted this back in May so move over Terry Prone
The originals
They will have a statue of us beside Luke on Sheriff Street
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:28 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:26 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:13 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm This was known. That was why locking down like us is stoopid. We have to give NPHET a way to come out of this with their heads held high and during the later enquiry we can push them back down
The way out of this is to massively increase the capacity of hospitals, staff and accept we'll be paying for it out of our salaries forever.
I can't see why we can't take temporary measures but I think I know why the Shinners are plying their current trade in Level 5 bullshit. I thought it was the performance up north but I reckon they know the government are fücked and have to take risks at some point and from then every death will be hammered in the papers. To be fair we again predicted this back in May so move over Terry Prone
The originals
They will have a statue of us beside Luke on Sheriff Street
Sure they have a statue of Cammy outside Rolys in Ballsbridge.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:25 pm I completely disagree. Stephens job is to know whether or not he has a functioning TTI. We knew he didn't and we are just internet dudes
Did we?
Is he meant to be psychic?

I mean I get the idea the shit flows up in management terms but if you can point to someone clearly causing the fuckup underneath you you don't fall on your sword to protect their honour.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

de_Selby wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:30 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:25 pm I completely disagree. Stephens job is to know whether or not he has a functioning TTI. We knew he didn't and we are just internet dudes
Did we?

I mean I get the idea the shit flows up in management terms but if you can point to someone clearly causing the fuckup underneath you you don't fall on your sword to protect their honour.
It's been clear for weeks that TTI was failing (not to the extent it did but certainly wasn't working smoothly) and months that they screwed up when cases were low.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Bogbunny wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 pm Played my final Wednesday night golf of the season, come in and find all the courses dahn south are shutting for six weeks.... :x

Hope t fek Arlene doesn't follow suit.
Wednesday night golf? Did you play 1 hole?
3 holes including 3 tinnies :D

No balls lost in 40 mph winds, had to be done before the clocks changed.
Absolute Joke courses are closed down here yet can walk in the park surrounded by hundreds of people.
Got my final 18 in yesterday morning, at least I won't forget my last shot. Final hole 160m par 3 with horrific sloppy green, put my tee shot to 20ft top left of hole with big swinging putt. On the walk down to green see 2 lads looking at green (looking at redesigning as so penal). Turns out to be head green keeper and Paul McGinley (he is from my club). Lads stop to watch our putts, slot the 20ft putt for a 2 in front of Paul 8) Was only birdie on the hole all day, got €20 in the 2s. Shame rest of my round was crap and actually got a shot back which I will now never be able to use with new handicap system coming in.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I also got me hole last night
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Another babby on the way?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:22 pm Another babby on the way?
I would presume so
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:19 pm
You can do call centres now from home. Bring in a Cisco Jabber solution, and connect it to the main call centre platform, and then the staff just need a broadband connection. The jabber solution can connect over public internet and can be secured using TLS. Then if you need to monitor staff on certain skills, they're actually still on the main call centre centralised system.
I'm aware of all that thanks. We have our own substantially-sized call centre and had to bring in a lot of this very quickly in the last few months.
Where call centres are difficult to run is the staff and the ridiculously high turnover in them, as well as constant conflict, absenteeism, trouble-making, dissent and general malaise.
One of our HR team said she previously worked for a call centre company and spent every working minute either interviewing or firing people.
You're not exactly employing highly qualified rocket scientists. Everything has to be scripted to within an inch of its life. As a result, some call centres are brilliant, others are ... shite.
Pay peanuts...
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:26 pm
You can do call centres now from home. Bring in a Cisco Jabber solution, and connect it to the main call centre platform, and then the staff just need a broadband connection. The jabber solution can connect over public internet and can be secured using TLS. Then if you need to monitor staff on certain skills, they're actually still on the main call centre centralised system.
I'm aware of all that thanks. We have our own substantially-sized call centre and had to bring in a lot of this very quickly in the last few months.
Where call centres are difficult to run is the staff and the ridiculously high turnover in them, as well as constant conflict, absenteeism, trouble-making, dissent and general malaise.
One of our HR team said she previously worked for a call centre company and spent every working minute either interviewing or firing people.
You're not exactly employing highly qualified rocket scientists. Everything has to be scripted to within an inch of its life. As a result, some call centres are brilliant, others are ... shite.
Pay peanuts...
You should always open a call centre in a regional town or city like Cork,Galway, Limerick, Waterford. The main reasons are as follows:

- less competition than there is in Dublin
- more likely to get grads for about a year as they look for their qualification job. Good part time staff
- Salaries are lower outside Dublin anyway
- Employment opportunities are lower outside Dublin
- Mothers are more likely to take up this sort of employment. Especially those without skills.

Regarding attrition. I can see why most call centres hire from agencies.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:23 am More discharges than admissions to hospital in the last 24 hours.
Furlong, it's okay to get excited about this.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:26 pm
Pay peanuts...
You should always open a call centre in a regional town or city like Cork,Galway, Limerick, Waterford. The main reasons are as follows:

- less competition than there is in Dublin
- more likely to get grads for about a year as they look for their qualification job. Good part time staff
- Salaries are lower outside Dublin anyway
- Employment opportunities are lower outside Dublin
- Mothers are more likely to take up this sort of employment. Especially those without skills.

Regarding attrition. I can see why most call centres hire from agencies.
...Belfast - even cheaper!
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

This is the real scandal, truly shocking!

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2020/ ... -guinness/
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

paddyor wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 pm
CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:23 am More discharges than admissions to hospital in the last 24 hours.
Do you have time in your moaning about people moaning about people breaking lockdown moaning?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

I see videos of scumbags abusing Guards on O'Connell bridge and shouting at people in masks while claiming every second person is going to kill themselves.

Knew the thread was quiet.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

I think it's a bit too suspect that if the govt rejected the lockdown the tracing would collapse a day later. The fact it's taken them 6 months to approve the antigen test (in a crisis) tells you they've no interest in any kind of alternative. TOnes has said HIQA are preparing a report in the coming weeks. Like they're still making up their mind? He could give you the precise now but that would interfere with the daily doom presser. Who knows maybe they told the govt in the briefing and decided to let it fall this way. Donnelly is getting a kicking for it though so probably not.

I've come around to the view that the whinging about too many contacts in contact tracing is BS. People were always going to not strictly follow guidelines. This is a predictable consequence of the policy mix. We hired contact racers to chase it up. But it's useful to have a target for the anger about the lockdowns that's not NPHET. If you go back to lvl 3 restrictions you will have superspreaders again. It's baked in. Happened in SK, Japan and elsewhere. All the GDPR in the world won't hide the fact that if someone has contact with 11 families they're probably a tinker. Eventually this is going to backfire.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:27 pm
paddyor wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 pm
Do you have time in your moaning about people moaning about people breaking lockdown moaning?
You over the moon with what they did to Donnelly re TTI?
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Breaking, SF blame PH officials for failure of NIs tracing system

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.4381960

:lol:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Cowen needs to round up the boys and go after Martin. Great opportunity
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Are they actually expecting pay increases? https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1022/11732 ... agreement/
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:15 pm Are they actually expecting pay increases? https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1022/11732 ... agreement/
They see the government borrowing billions, and they want their cut.

It's been this way since Martin O'Donoghue introduced deficit budgeting to Irish government in the late 1970s.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

1,066 cases, 3 deaths.

The NPHET Track and Trace debacle hangs over the number of cases.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

That's not true lads. It's a dance and they are clear they acknowledge the current circumstances. Social partnership has always been a delicate waltz. The problem is DPER have decided not only are they not dancing since about August they are not discussing dancing, they are not discussing moves, they are not wearing the shiny gear and in fact they are going to drink sherry at the bar and ignore their partners texts.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

You’re posting them now! :P
Blackrock Bullet

camroc1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:36 pm 1,066 cases, 3 deaths.

The NPHET Track and Trace debacle hangs over the number of cases.
I also see the last 24 hours that positive % is down and positives overall is steady.

The pattern holds with this yoke always tapering off rather than staying exponential.

Of course, it could be down to missing contacts due to the HSE.

Who knows really, at least Morehampton Books is closed down so we’re all safe from dying forever more.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 pm That's not true lads. It's a dance and they are clear they acknowledge the current circumstances. Social partnership has always been a delicate waltz. The problem is DPER have decided not only are they not dancing since about August they are not discussing dancing, they are not discussing moves, they are not wearing the shiny gear and in fact they are going to drink sherry at the bar and ignore their partners texts.
A little slap on the arse and a wink and it'll all be grand.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

I actually like raw white pudding :blush:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:46 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 pm That's not true lads. It's a dance and they are clear they acknowledge the current circumstances. Social partnership has always been a delicate waltz. The problem is DPER have decided not only are they not dancing since about August they are not discussing dancing, they are not discussing moves, they are not wearing the shiny gear and in fact they are going to drink sherry at the bar and ignore their partners texts.
A little slap on the arse and a wink and it'll all be grand.
At the end of the day that's all that is expected along with a few drinks and the taxi home paid for
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Would Mullet strike or cross the picket?
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

de_Selby wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:30 pm
Did we?

well Stephen/Harris should be up their holes since March with meetings discussing their plan to combat covid ; should be a pretty huge plan but flashing red lights for sh1t that's behind schedule, a reporting system for issues that can derail the plan ; you know a whole project planny type thing ? when the Taoiseach is reading about the debacle in the paper then this clearly wasnt happening. This is the point at which fcukers should be hauled over the coals and either fired or threatened with firing ; if they say they cant be fired due to their employment contract then lets look at the contract and what your responsibilities are and whether you delivered on them or not - if it goes through legal and the HSE lad wins then fine, happy to pay the legal fees and settlements and move them on until its clear that this sh1t cant continue - if we dont use a 1 in 100 years pandemic to sort this sh1t out then when ?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:56 pm Would Mullet strike or cross the picket?
When did you and Mullets corned beef start?
Blackrock Bullet

Simon Harris had a load of Thank You cards and kids drawings to go through & strategically place on his mantle piece for fireside chats on Insta.
Last edited by Blackrock Bullet on Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ticketlessinseattle

camroc1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:28 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:15 pm Are they actually expecting pay increases? https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1022/11732 ... agreement/
They see the government borrowing billions, and they want their cut.

It's been this way since Martin O'Donoghue introduced deficit budgeting to Irish government in the late 1970s.
cnuts. let them strike, there'll be 400,000 unemployed waiting to fill their jobs
ticketlessinseattle

yay, we made the headlines on CNN -

Czech PM apologizes five times, Spain and France hit a million cases and Ireland goes back into lockdown
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Next Irish General Election
@NextIrishGE
·
4h
Police cars revolving light
POLL
Police cars revolving light

@banda_ie

Q. Would you report a neighbour for having a house party?

By Age:
18-35: 34%
35-54: 35%
55+: 41%

By Party:
FF: 41%
FG: 39%
SF: 38%
LP: 24%
GP: 20%
I/O: 32%

17 Oct 2020.
ThE GoVErnMENt NeEd tO Do EnFoRCEmENt.

Quite suprised at that actually.
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:52 am
anonymous_joe wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:37 am
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:09 am Employ 600 people in a call centre - pay the business €800-900 per week per person.
€27m to put in place those 600 people for a year. Doesn't seem a whole lot of money in the greater scheme of things.
There seems to be genuine dismay amongst the government that they didn't ask for the money to have this in place.

Call-centres aren't difficult to run ffs.

How incompetent is the public sector that this was their undoing?

It's everywhere really Anon. I was reading an article recently and General Mark Milley (sp?) said the army in the US was overly centralised, bureaucratic and the risk averse which was exactly where they didn't want it to be. Risk is the key and it bedevilles our public sector. The fastest route to the top is one marked by an avoidance of risk. While you lot think there are no consequences to a slip up that's not true. You are left languishing in middle management hell often forever. People see it happen all around them. Same happens in the US army. Probably happens in the Dept finance in the UK and post office in Australia as well. Any publicity is bad publicity so the trick is to keep your head down and plough slowly on. It mirrors society in that it is ready to jump on errors and savage the person so they either avoid or over compensate (see 1000 perm contact tracers). We would need a sober society like Sweden that accepts errors and takes risks. I once wrote a paper in work on risk and why it's acceptable and I heard back a few years later the regional manager had commented I should be kept an eye on as I might do something mad :lol:
Tbh I have a certain sympathy with Public Servants in that regard. They will get absolutely no credit for creativity, going an extra step, or thinking of a new way to do things if they succeed. On the other hand if they take a risk & get it wrong they will be publicly pilloried and be hung out to dry by the media, our public representatives, the twitterati, middle-aged Statler & Waldorf wannabes on a rugby forum, .....
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Wonder why the greens are so laissez faire?
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Is it working yet lads?