Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Nolanator

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

I spent my afternoon avoiding horse shit between doing work in the field behind the gardem and going for a walk up to the leadmines. :thumbdown:
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm Mullet, the public were told it was getting serious with the level 5 scare, the government said no but added no social visits to homes with level 3 nationwide. This was never given a chance yet it seems to have had an effect.

Tbf, NPHET are trying to achieve way more than the government were but the government blinked as we hit a peak.
Mullet doesn't care.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Nolanator wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:29 pm I spent my afternoon avoiding horse shit between doing work in the field behind the gardem and going for a walk up to the leadmines. :thumbdown:
I must tend to my land and then have a leisurely mountain stroll.

Poor Nols, you're the true victim of all this
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Leinsterman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:35 pm
paddyor wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:53 pm Tbh, this doesn't seem anything like the first lockdown. Lots of people out and about, meeting for a coffee in the park and as far as I can see no discernable increase in social distancing aside from the return of queing for supermarkets. We're in for a stern talking to tomorrow evening.
You're right. It's like the end of May again. However I had to go over to my mother with shopping earlier and the M50 was absolutely deserted. Local villages seem to have a bit of life around coffee shops etc but it's the connecting routes which are deserted. That means people aren't travelling between localities which, one would think, will limit the spread to an extent.
My own local village only had a grocer, butcher, baker, 2 coffee shops and the local Centra open now during the day. Once you shut all the barbers, beauticians and hairdressers, the locality seems to become a ghost town, even with the daily school traffic.
Yep. VEry much end of lockdown. It is bank holiday weekend mind, but I still think the mood is different than last time. Non where near the same level of fear and suspicion in the supermarket either. Which is good IMO but we'll be told we've sinned and need to do a few Hail Mary's.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:13 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:08 pm
EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:06 pm Mullets going all drug filled berserker. I like it. He keeps giving out about my shit jokes though which means he's a liddle bit jealous
I'm after doing a few lines there.

Later I will take 59 blast of an inhaler, the Munster special they call it.
Nice. What documentary off your thread will I watch. Sick of browsing US election shite
Fall of Serbia is excellent.

Make you pine for the when the White House had decent people.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm Mullet, the public were told it was getting serious with the level 5 scare, the government said no but added no social visits to homes with level 3 nationwide. This was never given a chance yet it seems to have had an effect.

Tbf, NPHET are trying to achieve way more than the government were but the government blinked as we hit a peak.
So despite pages to the contrary the fall you all say they can't claim actually dates to when NPHET moved.

Which makes sense as they are trusted more than the Government.

You all want to have your cake and eat it as usual. Which is a position I have lots of experience occupying.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Could you translate this into english please
So despite pages to the contrary the fall you all say they can't claim actually dates to when NPHET moved.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Gavin Duffy U wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:02 pm Could you translate this into english please
Can you learn English first
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:06 pm
Gavin Duffy U wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:02 pm Could you translate this into english please
Have you got a brain tumor or summit?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:36 pm
Nolanator wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:29 pm I spent my afternoon avoiding horse shit between doing work in the field behind the gardem and going for a walk up to the leadmines. :thumbdown:
I must tend to my land and then have a leisurely mountain stroll.

Poor Nols, you're the true victim of all this
I am a victim, I'm glad you're on the same page as me.

There were too many riff-raff with their kiddies up the hill as well.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

NPHET lost face when they got initial rebuke from Leo.

They knew though they had over 60% of the population behind their recommendations so could keep pushing the government for level 5. Tony was back as well and we all know his ego by now that he wasn't for turning. He knew eventually the government had to go with majority public opinion.

The government were in the shit had they done nothing and the numbers in hospitals and ICUs went the wrong away. The public wouldn't blame NPHET, they would blame Micheal and Donnelly.

The public opinion over time will go more and more against NPHET's advise as the fatigue becomes unbearable. When it does the media will reflect it. When the media reflect the public opinion, the government will take the power back from NPHET.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

paddyor wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:36 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:35 pm
paddyor wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:53 pm Tbh, this doesn't seem anything like the first lockdown. Lots of people out and about, meeting for a coffee in the park and as far as I can see no discernable increase in social distancing aside from the return of queing for supermarkets. We're in for a stern talking to tomorrow evening.
You're right. It's like the end of May again. However I had to go over to my mother with shopping earlier and the M50 was absolutely deserted. Local villages seem to have a bit of life around coffee shops etc but it's the connecting routes which are deserted. That means people aren't travelling between localities which, one would think, will limit the spread to an extent.
My own local village only had a grocer, butcher, baker, 2 coffee shops and the local Centra open now during the day. Once you shut all the barbers, beauticians and hairdressers, the locality seems to become a ghost town, even with the daily school traffic.
Yep. VEry much end of lockdown. It is bank holiday weekend mind, but I still think the mood is different than last time. Non where near the same level of fear and suspicion in the supermarket either. Which is good IMO but we'll be told we've sinned and need to do a few Hail Mary's.
This is pretty much why we are on level 5 IMO. Everyone was essentially behaving normally on level 2/3 so they bumped it to level 5 so that people might take it somewhat seriously (but they knew non one was going to behave anything close to the same as during the first lockdown). Everyone is just ignoring the travel restrictions completely as far as I can see.
If people took it any way seriously then we could be on level 2 and have pubs open etc.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

And the reason is that people aren't stupid. They see the hospitals are coping, they hear the death figures. They know this isn't a new plague.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:20 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:06 pm
Have you got a brain tumor or summit?
You must see this in a lot of people who talk to you.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:12 pm So despite pages to the contrary the fall you all say they can't claim actually dates to when NPHET moved.
The sincerest form of flattery.

I shouldn’t be surprised, you haven’t posted an original thought in your entire posting history.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:24 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:12 pm So despite pages to the contrary the fall you all say they can't claim actually dates to when NPHET moved.
The sincerest form of flattery.

I shouldn’t be surprised, you haven’t posted an original thought in your entire posting history.
:yawn:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Devo reposte again

Rather a bitter sort
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 pm Devo reposte again

Rather a bitter sort
Devo reposte?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

:yawn:
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Rather a bitter sort
"Wow just wow" and now "devo"...........Mullets bird has his phone.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

The lads that were against level 3 are still going with the line that level 3 was the greatest decision ever and we don't need level 5?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

paddyor wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:39 am

Rather a bitter sort
"Wow just wow" and now "devo"...........Mullets bird has his phone.
Not a problem you'll ever confront
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 am That's not what's happening. We are a broad church. Mullet I watched the Six Days War one which turned.out to be a history of middle Eastern conflict involving Israel from the 40's to the 80's. Had the American narrator problem of COMING 26TH OF DECEMBER IS ISRAEL IN REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. However he actually doesn't speak too much as there are so many brilliant interviews. Most important figures in the states, Israel and various Arab countries are interviewed. Watched the Sherman one as well. Was class. Which one is the Serbia one? I see a death of Yugoslavia and Fall of Milosovic
Watch both.

Death of Yugoslavia is the one I meant though.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

This signals, however, that a major public education campaign may be needed to reassure people about the safety of the vaccine. Taoiseach Micheál Martin and senior doctors may need to be photographed getting the jab
I think we can all guess what the reaction will be if that happens.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 am Cool. I am off this week as well so I'll wipe them out
I’d second “The Death of Yugoslavia “ as recommended viewing and one of the most detailed and comprehensive war documentaries you’re ever likely to see . I actually watched the whole series twice , when it came out and again before I visited the Balkans last year . I haven’t seen “The Fall of Milosevic “ might give it a go today.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 am Cool. I am off this week as well so I'll wipe them out
I think its actually shit being off right now, especially with the clocks going back f**king with sleep. I don’t recall a period of my life with such a prolonged feeling of creeping anxiety all that’s to a needless and ill judged policy of perpetual lockdowns. I’ve been focusing on exercise but too much time at home is a real headfuck for me.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:07 am
This signals, however, that a major public education campaign may be needed to reassure people about the safety of the vaccine. Taoiseach Micheál Martin and senior doctors may need to be photographed getting the jab
I think we can all guess what the reaction will be if that happens.
The media as usual playing recklessly
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I'm kinda banking on the idea that numbers will have seriously improved after 4 weeks and they'll ease things a little. Maybe not fully back to level 2/3, but it'll be less restrictive.

The effects of going to level 3 are presumably beginning to be felt, another few weeks and the serious drop from 5 will kick in.

* Crosses fingers

I'm glad I'm still working. Gets me out of the house and somewhere else.
Last edited by Nolanator on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:13 am
I think its actually shit being off right now, especially with the clocks going back f**king with sleep. I don’t recall a period of my life with such a prolonged feeling of creeping anxiety all that’s to a needless and ill judged policy of perpetual lockdowns. I’ve been focusing on exercise but too much time at home is a real headfuck for me.
It's very monotonous alright but as I was saying yesterday the clock suits me and the madra. I think they will open up early sometimes and then Leo comes out with the mad shit about people selling knickers and I am not so sure
I think there’s a mental health timebomb coming, it has already started but people deprived of their usual social and physical outlets, combined with being stuck indoors in bad weather, inevitable fights with family, and anxiety over health and finances - it’s not going to end well.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 am I'm kinda banking on the idea that numbers will have seriously improved after 4 weeks and they'll ease things a little. Maybe not fully back to level 2/3, but it'll be less restrictive.

The effects of going to level 3 are presumably beginning to be felt, another few weeks and the serious drop from 5 will kick in.

* Crosses fingers

Philip Nolan was quite clear that they want fewer than 100 cases per day for some reason known only to himself. Unless the politicians wrestle back control of the country, we ain’t coming out of lockdown any time soon.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 am
Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 am I'm kinda banking on the idea that numbers will have seriously improved after 4 weeks and they'll ease things a little. Maybe not fully back to level 2/3, but it'll be less restrictive.

* Crosses fingers

Philip Nolan was quite clear that they want fewer than 100 cases per day for some reason known only to himself. Unless the politicians wrestle back control of the country, we ain’t coming out of lockdown any time soon.
Hence crossing fingers and toes!
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I'm guessing they have sold the 'fewer than 100 cases' thing as meaning we can drop our guard somewhat for a few weeks to have some semblance of a normal Christmas but they expect cases to be well up by end of Dec, hence the rolling lockdowns.

More than 1-200 cases a day and we might not even make it to Christmas before it hits the 1000/day. Again, my guess at their thinking.
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:29 am
EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:13 am
It's very monotonous alright but as I was saying yesterday the clock suits me and the madra. I think they will open up early sometimes and then Leo comes out with the mad shit about people selling knickers and I am not so sure
I think there’s a mental health timebomb coming, it has already started but people deprived of their usual social and physical outlets, combined with being stuck indoors in bad weather, inevitable fights with family, and anxiety over health and finances - it’s not going to end well.
I agree, schools have closed here so we are off this week, lots of talk we will be off next week and then throughout the year all calendared holidays get extended, but i'd far rather be in all day working. Productivity is off the cliff too :thumbdown:
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Obesity might stop the vaccine working on some people, one of the key at risk groups

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586- ... 39158651=1
HighKingLeinster

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 am If say heart health is key. People can be obese and have decent tickers as they maintain some fitness. Prop types
Props, is there anything they cant do :smug:
HighKingLeinster

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:25 am
HighKingLeinster wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:23 am
EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 am If say heart health is key. People can be obese and have decent tickers as they maintain some fitness. Prop types
Props, is there anything they cant do :smug:
See their nob when having a wank
Depends on the size of the knob :thumbup:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Conspicuous wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:10 am
I’d second “The Death of Yugoslavia “ as recommended viewing and one of the most detailed and comprehensive war documentaries you’re ever likely to see . I actually watched the whole series twice , when it came out and again before I visited the Balkans last year . I haven’t seen “The Fall of Milosevic “ might give it a go today.

In the doco thread