Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Nolanator
Posts: 38538
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Jesus Brock, you really specialise is the TL;DR stuff.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15201
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14228
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:22 pm Jesus Brock, you really specialise is the TL;DR stuff.
If you don’t want to read it, don’t read it. :?
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10386
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:22 pm Jesus Brock, you really specialise is the TL;DR stuff.
If you don’t want to read it, don’t read it. :?
I'm generally disinclined to read any long pieces posted in full with no comment from the poster. You need to package it with a hot take if you want engagement.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59534
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Headlines about highest numbers in hospital since May but it'd be interesting to see number tomorrow/Wednesday as the weekend surge has been exacerbated by the bank holiday. We'd actually gotten down to 285 at one stage and it's a feature of our health system that lends itself to unnecessary hospitalisations at the weekends.

There's also the outbreak in Naas which can't be ignored but equally isn't an indicator for the general population.

ICU is creeping up very slowly, on current trajectory you'd think we'd have enough capacity.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32974
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

More curtain twitching journalism. They are an utter pox https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/u ... 68629.html
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9523
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:13 pm More curtain twitching journalism. They are an utter pox https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/u ... 68629.html
Exactly. This line is buried in the story:
There is no suggestion the family breached the Covid-19 regulations that were in place at time.
So what's the point of the article? An exercise in curtain twitching or a reminder of how easy it is to spread the disease?
iarmhiman
Posts: 40181
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Don't slag off the Brit coastguard. fudge they're sensitive today. Even fatcat although he has bern acting weird lately
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32974
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

They know they have the ITS A DEEEESGRACE brigade on a string at this stage
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9523
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

iarmhiman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:20 pm Don't slag off the Brit coastguard. fudge they're sensitive today. Even fatcat although he has bern acting weird lately
Doesn't he work in photography? Probably another gammon stuck at home all day for the last 7 months
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32974
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:45 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:20 pm Don't slag off the Brit coastguard. fudge they're sensitive today. Even fatcat although he has bern acting weird lately
Doesn't he work in photography? Probably another gammon stuck at home all day for the last 7 months
Fatcat has gone on a brexit offensive. Hence that Joe Biden nonsense. It all hangs on that for them
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9523
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Mick should be renamed Teddy Daniels.
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28831
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
Last edited by Mullet 2 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32974
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Bimbo won't miss a beat and will shite on about how under the Glass McMahon Act 1928 Biden is actually better suited to Britain's Brexit needs than Trump
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32974
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
It's extremely political there. Full on right v left
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28831
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:07 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
It's extremely political there. Full on right v left
Well not really.

It's you lads and Gemma
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10386
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
I'm starting to think it's a bit tricky to deal with a global pandemic. We'll probably do better on the next one.
Last edited by alliswell on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36598
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 pm
EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:07 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
It's extremely political there. Full on right v left
Well not really.

It's you lads and Gemma
Pretty serious riots in Rome the past couple of nights
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36598
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
I'm starting to think it's a bit tricky to deal with a global pandemic. We'll probably do better on the next one.
Luckily we have a good example in East Asia of best practice. Or we could look to the countries that have botched it and copy them instead
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10386
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:39 pm
alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
I'm starting to think it's a bit tricky to deal with a global pandemic. We'll probably do better on the next one.
Luckily we have a good example in East Asia of best practice. Or we could look to the countries that have botched it and copy them instead
They've had a couple of practice runs tbf whereas until 7 months ago public health over here was a job for people with medical degrees who didn't fancy working weekends. We'll get there eventually or at least we'll fail better next time
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 28831
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
I'm starting to think it's a bit tricky to deal with a global pandemic. We'll probably do better on the next one.
:lol:
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10386
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:57 pm Mick should be renamed Teddy Daniels.
He has totally unravelled. Sad to see someone genuinely lose it like that.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32974
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 pm
EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:07 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
It's extremely political there. Full on right v left
Well not really.

It's you lads and Gemma
Pretty serious riots in Rome the past couple of nights
They've had proper Gemma's for years. Their Gemma's are using this to have a right crack off the government.
iarmhiman
Posts: 40181
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:57 pm Mick should be renamed Teddy Daniels.
He has totally unravelled. Sad to see someone genuinely lose it like that.
He's put his entire heart into Trump winning even though it has zero impact on him. For his sake i hope Trump wins.

On the other hand....naaaaaahhhhh :lol:
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36598
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:51 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:39 pm
alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
I'm starting to think it's a bit tricky to deal with a global pandemic. We'll probably do better on the next one.
Luckily we have a good example in East Asia of best practice. Or we could look to the countries that have botched it and copy them instead
They've had a couple of practice runs tbf whereas until 7 months ago public health over here was a job for people with medical degrees who didn't fancy working weekends. We'll get there eventually or at least we'll fail better next time
I’m speechless - an all is well post that I can’t argue with. Must have had too many beers last night
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40953
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:51 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:39 pm
alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/24/who ... -continues

Todays installment of "only in Ireland"

Also interesting to note how many countries are now shutting schools while NPHET and "the most extreme Government" have not.

Now a return to your "it would only happen here joe" programming.
I'm starting to think it's a bit tricky to deal with a global pandemic. We'll probably do better on the next one.
Luckily we have a good example in East Asia of best practice. Or we could look to the countries that have botched it and copy them instead
They've had a couple of practice runs tbf whereas until 7 months ago public health over here was a job for people with medical degrees who didn't fancy working weekends. We'll get there eventually or at least we'll fail better next time
Still is judging by the lack of a daily Operations Report since Friday !
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59534
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

First weekend it's happened, tbf.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14228
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

alliswell wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:34 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm
Nolanator wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:22 pm Jesus Brock, you really specialise is the TL;DR stuff.
If you don’t want to read it, don’t read it. :?
I'm generally disinclined to read any long pieces posted in full with no comment from the poster. You need to package it with a hot take if you want engagement.
That’s fine, you don’t have to read it. :?
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36598
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:44 pm First weekend it's happened, tbf.
Well the national virus reference lab was closed for the weekend as they didn’t have staff so they’re probably dodging that :lol:
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 32974
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Maybe just maybe they have copped that they need to stop
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 36598
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 pm Maybe just maybe they have copped that they need to stop
:lol: No chance. The lads have been waiting their whole careers for a pandemic they are not giving up their 15minutes without a fight.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9523
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:54 pm Good article from edgar morgenroth https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ ... 70780.html
Couple of dumb comments in it though:
For example, it is hard to justify why you cannot stand in your garden with someone not from your household, while it is okay to walk with them past your house. Does the virus spread more in gardens?
It's because people are more likely to let their guard down and then end up in the house later.
How come grocery stores can sell books but apparently selling books in a book shop is too dangerous?
That's being dealt with now. Again, the idea was to stop people browsing and spending ages in the one spot.

Apart from that, some decent enough points in it.
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 22720
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by danthefan »

I'm finding all the "how come I can do <thing that I probably had no intention of doing anyway> but can't do <some other thing that I might want to do>" beyond tedious. The Govt aren't going to spend time looking at every f**king edge case.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40953
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

CM,

booked a Host meal for next Sunday this pm, and some of their collection times are already gone.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9523
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

danthefan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:22 pm I'm finding all the "how come I can do <thing that I probably had no intention of doing anyway> but can't do <some other thing that I might want to do>" beyond tedious. The Govt aren't going to spend time looking at every f**king edge case.
People aren't interested in using even an iota of nuance yet if everything g was laid out for every single eventuality, they'd moan it was worse than Stalinist Russia.
Common sense seems to be dead nowadays and that's mainly due to the death of personal responsibility.
de_Selby
Posts: 3721
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by de_Selby »

danthefan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:22 pm I'm finding all the "how come I can do <thing that I probably had no intention of doing anyway> but can't do <some other thing that I might want to do>" beyond tedious. The Govt aren't going to spend time looking at every f**king edge case.
It's so annoying, people think they are being clever moaning about these scenarios.

"The government not thinking things through again! bunch of fat cats coming up with half baked plans"
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40953
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

939 cases , 3 deaths.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 59534
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm CM,

booked a Host meal for next Sunday this pm, and some of their collection times are already gone.
Cheers.
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 22720
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by danthefan »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:52 pm
danthefan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:22 pm I'm finding all the "how come I can do <thing that I probably had no intention of doing anyway> but can't do <some other thing that I might want to do>" beyond tedious. The Govt aren't going to spend time looking at every f**king edge case.
People aren't interested in using even an iota of nuance yet if everything g was laid out for every single eventuality, they'd moan it was worse than Stalinist Russia.
Common sense seems to be dead nowadays and that's mainly due to the death of personal responsibility.
Yep and it ain't coming back either with SF on 25-30% promising the sun, moon and stars to gullible fucks who studied interpretive dance and don't understand why they can't rent their own apartment in Dublin 2/4/6/8.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 40953
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

Ranelagh this afternoon was busy, with nearly everyone with some sort drinks container in hand, whether take away coffee, pint or cocktail.

The public have decided that this is not the same as first time around.
Post Reply