Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
EverReady

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Would Corbyn be suspended in Ireland? I think we all know the answer to this.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Roughly:

60000 (12k average) community referrals and 84000 (16k average) community swabs last week (Mon-Fri).

So far, Mon-Wed, it's:

22,500 (7.5k average) community referrals and 22,000 (7.3k average) community swabs.

Very encouraging. That's skewed by Monday being a bank holiday but Tuesday and Wednesday still well down (8.5k and 11.5k average respectively using just those days).

Close contacts also dropping fast.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/ne ... r-2020.pdf
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm Would Corbyn be suspended in Ireland? I think we all know the answer to this.
I'm delighted. Great to see Keir bring some responsibility and respectability back to labour
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:18 pm Roughly:

60000 (12k average) community referrals and 84000 (16k average) community swabs last week (Mon-Fri).

So far, Mon-Wed, it's:

22,500 (7.5k average) community referrals and 22,000 (7.3k average) community swabs.

Very encouraging. That's skewed by Monday being a bank holiday but Tuesday and Wednesday still well down (8.5k and 11.5k average respectively using just those days).

Close contacts also dropping fast.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/ne ... r-2020.pdf
The close contacts are the only thing that is Level 5. Being proud of the fact we are all so olisolated from each other not so much
ID2

Post by ID2 »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:11 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:07 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 am
CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:37 am Speaking on the 21st, Nolan predicted our cases would 'top out' within a week as a best case scenario.

They peaked on the 18th. Yesterday's total was nearly half that peak.
It’s weird how nobody in the media is pressing them to show their model, the guy is making decisions about closing down our economy and removing our personal liberties and nobody has thought to say eh what are you lads basing this on because it looks well wide of the mark.
Macron is talking about 400k deaths (they've had 36k deaths) so he's not the only one.

Interesting graphic. It seems as though Covid doesn't make much of an appearance in hardcore regimes or countries plunged into poverty.

I suspect that a lot of that has to do with the cohort of those populations aged over 80.

(combined with "dodgy" stats from hardcore regimes!)
Japan is green though with the oldest population in the world and South America would presumably skew young but is the worst hit. Lots of obesity though which is probably another factor.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Very interesting news regarding Zuckerberg and his defence of facebook’s throttling of the Hunter Biden story. Apparently he claims the FBI approached him and told him it was part of a Russian disinformation campaign. We now have the bizarre situation where Trump supporters are attacking an American company for not facilitating a Russian propaganda campaign to influence an American presidential election. Really incredible stuff.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I grew up reading the Tom Clancy books. Jack Ryan is very depressed wherever he is.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:18 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm Would Corbyn be suspended in Ireland? I think we all know the answer to this.
I'm delighted. Great to see Keir bring some responsibility and respectability back to labour
Brexit stance aside, at least labour won't be a comedy party and will actually be able to hold the Tories to account now.
ID2

Post by ID2 »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:34 pm
redderneck wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:29 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm Look if Biden wins they can have a crack off Erdogan. He doesn't...
Erdogan WANTS the US and/or EU to confront him. It's his wet dream. Gives hims the chance to unite v a common enemy and bury what is left of an increasingly marginalised secular Turkey even deeper, and push further their geopolitical big boy boots. He's doing a Vladimir on it.
He has very few friends though.

Iran is a regional rival
Russia pretends to be on good terms but are a historic rival
Saudi and Egypt dont like Turkey due to their support for muslim brotherhood.

Only friends are Azerbaijan, Qatar and Pakistan

Look at Nagarno Karabach. Iran is covertly backing Armenia, a Christian country over Turkish backed Azerbaijan
I think they'd back anyone over the major Sunni powers. People I talked to there hated the Saudis even more than Israel. Plenty hated the government too. The US and the UK have a lot to answer for in the region, pictures from before the Islamic revolution look like anywhere in the west
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:17 pm
CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:14 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:10 pm Hospital numbers still falling - 318 today
Somebody’s model is seriously wrong :roll:
They underestimated the response to the threat of level 5. As I said earlier, Nolan's best case was miles off.
You mean people complied with their advice before Government moved?

Ohh yeah you don’t like that because then you’re wrong
You said last week that the Irish people couldn't be trusted?
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:21 pm Very interesting news regarding Zuckerberg and his defence of facebook’s throttling of the Hunter Biden story. Apparently he claims the FBI approached him and told him it was part of a Russian disinformation campaign. We now have the bizarre situation where Trump supporters are attacking an American company for not facilitating a Russian propaganda campaign to influence an American presidential election. Really incredible stuff.
We need to delete the Internet
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

ID2 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:37 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm Look if Biden wins they can have a crack off Erdogan. He doesn't...
Erdogan WANTS the US and/or EU to confront him. It's his wet dream. Gives hims the chance to unite v a common enemy and bury what is left of an increasingly marginalised secular Turkey even deeper, and push further their geopolitical big boy boots. He's doing a Vladimir on it.

Iran is a regional rival

Look at Nagarno Karabach. Iran is covertly backing Armenia, a Christian country over Turkish backed Azerbaijan
I think they'd back anyone over the major Sunni powers. People I talked to there hated the Saudis even more than Israel. Plenty hated the government too. The US and the UK have a lot to answer for in the region, pictures from before the Islamic revolution look like anywhere in the west
Azerbaijan is shia though. It's just that they're also Turkic.

There is a battle for new empire going on.

Erdogan knows he's never getting in the EU so is going to create a new Ottoman sphere of influence in the Caucacus and central Asia where the other Turkic speaking countries are: Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

Iran has similar ambitions except they go more towards the Mediterranean. They want regional influence in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon.

Iran would back a Christian country in Armenia over a shia islamic country in Azerbaijan due to their fear of Ottoman chauvinism
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Sinn Féin's Elisha McCallion resigns over Covid-19 grant money

image captionElisha McCallion apologised "unreservedly" on Thursday afternoon
Former Foyle MP Elisha McCallion and two other Sinn Féin officials have resigned over a failure to return money given out by a Stormont emergency Covid fund.

Sinn Féin President Mary Lou McDonald said she apologised for their "failures".

It had emerged that three Sinn Féin offices received £10,000 payments from the fund, which have since been repaid.

MP and MLA constituency offices are ineligible for the scheme.

In a statement, Ms McDonald said she had accepted the resignations of Mrs McCallion, as a senator in the Seanad (Irish Senate), as well as the chair of the party's Upper Bann constituency association and an official in the party's west Tyrone office.

She said she had accepted the resignation of the west Tyrone official who had failed to return the money "despite being requested to do so" by MLA for the area, Maolíosa McHugh.

'I should have taken extra steps'
Mrs McCallion apologised "unreservedly" on Thursday afternoon, saying the grant was lodged into a joint account of which she is a named signature with her husband.

"I fully accept that as a named signature on the account that I should have taken extra steps to verify this situation, before it was brought to my attention on Tuesday."

She said the money was repaid in full on Tuesday.

Payments from the fund were sent out automatically to 7,000 bank accounts, but it has emerged that some of the accounts which received the money were ineligible.

Sinn Féin said its offices did not qualify nor did it apply for the scheme.

'Censured'
The party said the funds received by three of its offices had been returned to Land and Property Services, which administered the grant.

But Ms McDonald said the money was only paid back on Monday and Tuesday of this week, months after they were received.

She said all those involved had been "censured" by the Sinn Féin Ard Chomhairle (party executive).

"Last night I accepted the resignation of Senator Elisha McCallion. She accepts full responsibility for the failure to return the grant immediately," she said.

Sinn Féin Vice-President Michelle O'Neill tweeted that the party viewed the situation very seriously and had taken "decisive action".

Ms McDonald added that the chairperson of the Upper Bann constituency organisation had tendered their resignation after failing to return the money in a "timely fashion".

"The Small Business Grant scheme was established to support struggling businesses in times of extraordinary hardship," said the Sinn Fein president.

"The failure to immediately return grants erroneously paid into Sinn Féin accounts is a most serious situation."

:smug: :thumbup: :lol:
Last edited by Bogbunny on Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

ZappaMan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:11 pm Macron is, of course, absolutely right, but where is the European support, including from Ireland? There should be a united front against extremist ideology and a common assertion that freedom of expression, comment and critical analysis is an immutable fact of European life.
Look at the complete lack of coverage of the original beheading by Irish journos ..... zero column inches for a teacher who was standing up for the right to free expression :?

then compare that to the wank-a-thon the same Irish media are engaged in when it comes to George Floyd and BLM .... its genuinely depressing
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Every time Macron speaks out now, he impresses me even more.

He's right to stand up for western, secular values.

If the islamists living in Europe don't like cartoons of their prophet, there are plenty of sharia countries they can go to where they wont see it. Nobody is forcing them to stay
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

redderneck wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Iran is a regional rival

It is a proper clusterfock, no two ways about it. Might present an opportunity for EU and Russia to nudge relations towards a more stable point - but the pitfalls of pursuing that, or indeed of arriving at that...

...Jaysus.
The last thing Russia wants is stability anywhere in the world.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

fair play to him ..... great to see the centre starting to reassert itself in the UK and (crosses fingers) the US

hopefully Biden will do something similar and marginalise the whackjob wing of the dems too

it would be some fvcking irony if irish voters installed the shinners just as the rest of the developed world was ridding itself of ideologues and charlatans
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I don't think the Dems are as beholden to the loonier fringe of the left as you think. Bernie would be their candidate if they were.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:59 pm I don't think the Dems are as beholden to the loonier fringe of the left as you think. Bernie would be their candidate if they were.
I think Biden is getting a lot of republican votes. Those Republican votes who can't stomach Trump
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:03 pm
Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:59 pm I don't think the Dems are as beholden to the loonier fringe of the left as you think. Bernie would be their candidate if they were.
I think Biden is getting a lot of republican votes. Those Republican votes who can't stomach Trump
Have a feeling from talking to old business contacts, that there will be a fair few natural Republican voters who will sit this one out. Established, well-set folks. Small anecdotal sample size tbf.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

redderneck wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:13 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:03 pm
Have a feeling from talking to old business contacts, that there will be a fair few natural Republican voters who will sit this one out. Established, well-set folks. Small anecdotal sample size tbf.
Yeah think you’re right. Just how far wrong do you have to go to think that voting Trump is the right thing to do though. Whatever about giving him a shot first time round, there is absolutely no doubt as to what type of person the man is. How could anyone in their right mind think that voting Trump or even abstention is better than voting for a beige candidate like Biden. Just such a depressing thought.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

I see a lad I knew from a trip to the US over a decade ago posting Trump flags and whatever on Facebook. He's an absolute hick. You can't get through to the likes of him.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:56 pm
fair play to him ..... great to see the centre starting to reassert itself in the UK and (crosses fingers) the US

hopefully Biden will do something similar and marginalise the whackjob wing of the dems too

it would be some fvcking irony if irish voters installed the shinners just as the rest of the developed world was ridding itself of ideologues and charlatans
Repeating Trump talking points again I see, good man.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

danthefan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:26 pm I see a lad I knew from a trip to the US over a decade ago posting Trump flags and whatever on Facebook. He's an absolute hick. You can't get through to the likes of him.
Does he drive a pick-up?
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Sanders got over a quarter of the votes in the Primary ...... thats a well established 'wing' of the Democratic party Nols, not a 'fringe'

Biden needs to be firm with them as they seem as utterly determined as the alt-right brigade to wage a culture war in the US
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:28 pm
danthefan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:26 pm I see a lad I knew from a trip to the US over a decade ago posting Trump flags and whatever on Facebook. He's an absolute hick. You can't get through to the likes of him.
Does he drive a pick-up?
Of course he does
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/e ... 2?mode=amp

So it was travel after all. Shut the ports!!
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:21 pm Very interesting news regarding Zuckerberg and his defence of facebook’s throttling of the Hunter Biden story. Apparently he claims the FBI approached him and told him it was part of a Russian disinformation campaign. We now have the bizarre situation where Trump supporters are attacking an American company for not facilitating a Russian propaganda campaign to influence an American presidential election. Really incredible stuff.
And Fox spewing Russian propaganda
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I see the French are making kids 6 and up wear masks. Seems a bit cruel. Maybe 8/9 up but 6 year olds?
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Sanders got over a quarter of the votes in the Primary ...... thats a well established 'wing' of the Democratic party Nols, not a 'fringe'

Biden needs to be firm with them as they seem as utterly determined as the alt-right brigade to wage a culture war in the US
It seems like Biden has no issue saying he's categorically not a socialist.
Polling averages are very much in his favour and really stable.
It would require a sequence of events to surpass 2016 in perfect storm stakes to see Trump get in again. But there's only one poll that counts really.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:34 pm
Thankfully the press didn't have the apetite for any of the Biden ratfucks that came down the pipeline.
Rudy, the face of the Hunter bs, was humiliated by Borat which helped a bit too.

I also just don't think the American public has the patience for labyrinthine conspiracy shite like they did with Hillary anymore, Trump isn't vaguely funny at this point.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Floppykid wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:48 pm
Thankfully the press didn't have the apetite for any of the Biden ratfucks that came down the pipeline.
Rudy, the face of the Hunter bs, was humiliated by Borat which helped a bit too.

I also just don't think the American public has the patience for labyrinthine conspiracy shite like they did with Hillary anymore, Trump isn't vaguely funny at this point.
Someone should tell Mick and Sneaker on the Trump thread then.

They keep trying to bring smearing into it and refuse to discuss the election itself.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Floppykid wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:48 pmI also just don't think the American public has the patience for labyrinthine conspiracy shite like they did with Hillary anymore.
Except for the QAnon wingnuts.

It would be quite nice to see Trump turfed out during this lockdown period, some good news.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Someone should tell Mick and Sneaker on the Trump thread then.

They keep trying to bring smearing into it and refuse to discuss the election itself.
It's exactly why I avoid that thread these days, it's just Brexit with a Sen flavour.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Don't be surprised or alarmed if on the night it looks like Trump has won.

All the postal votes have to be counted and that will take a few days. By the end of those days Biden should be back in front again.

Supreme court has paved the way for postal votes to be allowed take a few days.
Last edited by iarmhiman on Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 am
CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:37 am Speaking on the 21st, Nolan predicted our cases would 'top out' within a week as a best case scenario.

They peaked on the 18th. Yesterday's total was nearly half that peak.
It’s weird how nobody in the media is pressing them to show their model, the guy is making decisions about closing down our economy and removing our personal liberties and nobody has thought to say eh what are you lads basing this on because it looks well wide of the mark.
It’s like that article I posted yesterday.

“Tony thinking of going to a race in Dublin mountains for Halloween, please advise”.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:50 pm
Floppykid wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:48 pmI also just don't think the American public has the patience for labyrinthine conspiracy shite like they did with Hillary anymore.

It would be quite nice to see Trump turfed out during this lockdown period, some good news.
Oh yeah, and that's a hardened faction now, a good chunk of the 42% who idolise the man.

It'd be a kick in the guts if he won, whatever about it not being our country, he's f**king up the world order massively and the environmental destruction will be off the charts if he gets back in.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Floppykid wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:52 pm
Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Oh yeah, and that's a hardened faction now, a good chunk of the 42% who idolise the man.

It'd be a kick in the guts if he won, whatever about it not being our country, he's f**king up the world order massively and the environmental destruction will be off the charts if he gets back in.
Worst case scenario is 4 more years and 2 years of those where he won't be able to get his agenda through. The Dems have will have the house for another 2 years at least.

Best case scenario is Dems getting president, house and senate. If they get that they have 2 years to get their agenda through and hope the supreme court don't judicial review any of the laws.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:51 pm Don't be surprised or alarmed if on the night it looks like Trump has won.

All the postal votes have to be counted and that will take a few days. By the end of those days Biden should be back in front again.

Supreme court has paved the way for postal votes to be allowed take a few days.
Which is better than the alternatice.
Apparently PA is looking like it could be a mess.

Still, Biden's margins are so wide that, unless polling is wrong in a way that would destroy it forever, he should be on course for a decent margin.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

It’s not a ratfuck. It’s a socially distanced no hands rat massage. Just staggering levels of incompetence. The thing about Clinton’s server was it couldn’t be disproven. There was clearly sensitive info on it so it didn’t need to be produced to be damning.