Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
ZappaMan

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ZappaMan »

The auld ones in our office (60+) here have just popped out to get their first jab of the vaccine. I'm eligible in about a month, I believe, but won't be getting it as I am an anti-vaxxer :thumbup:
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

ID2 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:09 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:30 am
danthefan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:29 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:16 am They're giving it out at nursing homes to next of kin and families if there's excess at the end of the day. I don't have a problem with that in the round but it might be better to partner up with local GPs to try and get very at risk people who are outside of the nursing home space done earlier.
GPs or at least many of them can't store the Pfizer vaccine
No - I mean what happens is the HSE vac team come in with 100 doses. If for whatever reason only 95 are used, they will ask people there to bring next of kin up so they are not wasted.

It would be better to partner with a local GP to have people even on an unofficial waiting list, bring them up to the nursing home at the end of the day and go from there.
I wonder if they're keeping track of who they give the extra doses to, after the IT case reporting fiasco and quotes like this “I got one as well because there was some left over in a vial and it’s just one of those things that it was such a precious substance that they didn’t want to throw it down the drain.” too" I'd have my doubts
:lol:

I mean, they are, but you won't see that information in public in a million years.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

56k doeses administered up to last Sunday. They were aiming for 35k, weren't they?

Good stuff, if accurate.

Edit, more detail.

77k up to yesterday. 69k healthcare workers, 8k care home residents.

Obviously it's easier to organise to get the HCWs done, hence the skewed numbers. Be nice to see the nursing home numbers getting up a bit more.
Last edited by Nolanator on Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID2

Post by ID2 »

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 pm
ID2 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:45 am
Leinsterman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:57 pm I really don't see what the huge issue is. Do you want them to say 3 died today, 4 died yesterday, 5 on Monday etc?
Does it make them more dead?
There could be the fact that the deaths are only officially getting reported to NPHET at this stage.
Some of you guys are seriously becoming borderline Gemmaroids
There'd be plenty of Donald supporters on here if this was America going by all the conspiracies posted on this thread, probably larping around the Capitol, cammy in full airforce regalia. "it's just a flu" "it doesn't kill people" "the new strain is just a conspiracy by Boris Johnson" "opening pubs and restaurants doesn't contribute to spreading it" "nphet is making a power grab to take over the country" "here's a great article...dailymail.co.uk"

:|
Actually what you have done is quite Trumpist. You have completely misrepresented the disparate views of people who are dubious of the Government repsonse. You have virtually nobody on this thread expressing the views you have said. Most views have had sound evidence behind them. Many have been turned out to be true. Some posters are one end of the spectrum like me who believes it's massive overkill and others like Stats vacillate. I wouldn't say the other end of the spectrum is weak but you know that's for you to decide. Then obviously outside of the normal people you have Botha and your crew on the opposite side scrapping it out to see who can be purest
I've definitely seen those views on here over the last few months, stats is quite levelheaded comparatively. I don't think my views are purest, but what's best for society and the economy isn't the current mess and the west largely f**ked up their responses
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

EverReady wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:19 pm BB in the hospital with one vial the randomness of the vaccine distribution was extraordinary when you consider the amount of time they had. They got a delivery on day X and if you were there you might have gotten the vaccine. Made no difference what grade, whether you worked part-time, what risk you might have regarding age. They just doled it out and the lads came in the next day and went ehhh WTF when is the next delivery.
The shit show in New York would tend to indicate this was the correct approach tbf. NY had a very strict list with fines if people not on the list got the vaccine which in turn has lead to dosess being binned. Mad shit all together.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:12 pm
ID2 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:09 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:30 am
danthefan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:29 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:16 am They're giving it out at nursing homes to next of kin and families if there's excess at the end of the day. I don't have a problem with that in the round but it might be better to partner up with local GPs to try and get very at risk people who are outside of the nursing home space done earlier.
GPs or at least many of them can't store the Pfizer vaccine
No - I mean what happens is the HSE vac team come in with 100 doses. If for whatever reason only 95 are used, they will ask people there to bring next of kin up so they are not wasted.

It would be better to partner with a local GP to have people even on an unofficial waiting list, bring them up to the nursing home at the end of the day and go from there.
I wonder if they're keeping track of who they give the extra doses to, after the IT case reporting fiasco and quotes like this “I got one as well because there was some left over in a vial and it’s just one of those things that it was such a precious substance that they didn’t want to throw it down the drain.” too" I'd have my doubts
:lol:

I mean, they are, but you won't see that information in public in a million years.
1. Denis O’Brien
2. Leo Varadkar

It’s de elites Joe
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Obviously it's easier to organise to get the HCWs done, hence the skewed numbers. Be nice to see the nursing home numbers getting up a bit more.
It'll be a doddle to get the nursing/care home residents done. Sure it's not as if they're going anywhere. Just blitz the place in an hour or two and you're done.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comm ... 66711.html

This is what we need more of, this and a good hard curfew.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:00 pm https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comm ... 66711.html

And some praying
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Only last week chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan made it clear that he would welcome any measures that helped to reduce alcohol consumption.
I'd say he did Roslyn
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Flametop wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:16 pm The overuse of the lockdown is a valid point.

The bargain was that we would obey lockdown and the prize for doing so was two weeks out of jail at Christmas as promised. Quite a few obeyed and were not going to be denied the prize of work dos and parties along with brothers/sisters, cousins, aunties and uncles and grandparents having a big Christmas dinner together.
The rest haven’t been obeying along so don’t care and so carried on with reckless abandon with a bit more time off to do it a bit more.

So big surprise we are where we are.
there were a few of the usual suspects acting the maggot and ignoring the rules but dont tell me there werent plenty of the same in other countries
I think a lot of other countries were about as "open" as we were for those 2 weeks when we supposedly went mad, also we were being told that we had one of the best records in the Europe leading up to that ; I still don't understand how we went from best in Europe to worst in the world in a few weeks - ok,
sewa

Post by sewa »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:00 pm https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comm ... 66711.html

Looks like we are going for curfew bullshit here in NL. 8 until 4 am they are saying. Almost no one is out late as the weather is rubbish so it won't make any difference. Politicians have to be seen to do things
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

3854 positive swabs, 13.68% positivity on 28,178 swabs.
- Thursday, January 14th 2021

Good news on the positivity rate. That is some going on the number of tests preformed and analysed.
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/13 ... 9843939330

Cathal Berry telling Leo how to govern.
ticketlessinseattle

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:18 pm
Only last week chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan made it clear that he would welcome any measures that helped to reduce alcohol consumption.
I'd say he did Roslyn
can you imagine if someone suggested ....."a detailed vaccination and exist from lockdown plan Tony" ?....
ticketlessinseattle

ZappaMan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:11 pm The auld ones in our office (60+) here have just popped out to get their first jab of the vaccine. I'm eligible in about a month, I believe, but won't be getting it as I am an anti-vaxxer :thumbup:
congrats on the upcoming big birthday ; 5 years to pension or 7 ?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

themaddog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/13 ... 9843939330

Masks outside running and by masks I mean those snood things pulled up are now a thing. Turns out I didn't get the memo
CM11

Post by CM11 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Flametop wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:16 pm The overuse of the lockdown is a valid point.

The bargain was that we would obey lockdown and the prize for doing so was two weeks out of jail at Christmas as promised. Quite a few obeyed and were not going to be denied the prize of work dos and parties along with brothers/sisters, cousins, aunties and uncles and grandparents having a big Christmas dinner together.
The rest haven’t been obeying along so don’t care and so carried on with reckless abandon with a bit more time off to do it a bit more.

So big surprise we are where we are.
there were a few of the usual suspects acting the maggot and ignoring the rules but dont tell me there werent plenty of the same in other countries
I think a lot of other countries were about as "open" as we were for those 2 weeks when we supposedly went mad, also we were being told that we had one of the best records in the Europe leading up to that ; I still don't understand how we went from best in Europe to worst in the world in a few weeks - ok,
We experienced a surge that plenty have, just later than most and the time of the year possibly exacerbated the severity.
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 pm
themaddog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/13 ... 9843939330

Masks outside running and by masks I mean those snood things pulled up are now a thing. Turns out I didn't get the memo
Rich Brat Barrett is the snooder in chief.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

themaddog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:04 pm

The bollox. People are like.lunatics pulling it up and down while running by people. Here is a suggestion. Give them a wider berth
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:21 pm
themaddog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:04 pm

The bollox. People are like.lunatics pulling it up and down while running by people. Here is a suggestion. Give them a wider berth
Good advice regarding all things RBB.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Stop walking slowly 4 abreast on footpaths also.
Move the Fûck over when people are coming towards you also.
Cûnts.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm 56k doeses administered up to last Sunday. They were aiming for 35k, weren't they?

Good stuff, if accurate.

Edit, more detail.

77k up to yesterday. 69k healthcare workers, 8k care home residents.

How many front line staff in the HSE? I'm guessing the HCW total also covers care home staff? Pretty good figure overall tbf.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

I just running the cycle lanes where possible. fudge all cyclists around and they never use them anyway. The surface isn't as hard on the joints either
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:32 pm I just running the cycle lanes where possible. fudge all cyclists around and they never use them anyway. The surface isn't as hard on the joints either
I like crashing into joggers in cycle lanes and then sue them. The worst c*nts are the runners who go in the same direction as the bikes - the less c*ntish ones run towards oncoming bikes so the can pop off the track when necessary.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I like to do the same to both when in my car. It's like that class sketch with the Two Ronnie's and Cleese
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Since when did cycling in a cycle lane on the right hand side of the road become a thing?
ticketlessinseattle

Flametop wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:29 pm Stop walking slowly 4 abreast on footpaths also.
Cûnts.
tha sh1t has always annoyed me even precovid and double if the traffic is in their direction ; I take Terrance's advice from back in the day....keep in by the wall....force the fcukers out,

that aside though I usually run right up behind people and then brush off them as I leave them in my wake
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:51 pm
Flametop wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:29 pm Stop walking slowly 4 abreast on footpaths also.
Cûnts.
tha sh1t has always annoyed me even precovid and double if the traffic is in their direction ; I take Terrance's advice from back in the day....keep in by the wall....force the fcukers out,

that aside though I usually run right up behind people and then brush off them as I leave them in my wake
There’s a certain type who feels so entitled that they expect others to get out of their way, regardless of the fact that their party is blocking the whole path.
I find that keeping a straight line until the last moment to force both sides to acknowledge the other and move a bit for each other works best especially if done in an extra friendly manner. It goes against my devastating side stepping abilities but sometimes you have to to beat the rush defence.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:35 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:32 pm I just running the cycle lanes where possible. fudge all cyclists around and they never use them anyway. The surface isn't as hard on the joints either
I like crashing into joggers in cycle lanes and then sue them. The worst c*nts are the runners who go in the same direction as the bikes - the less c*ntish ones run towards oncoming bikes so the can pop off the track when necessary.
That's me. 8)
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Path etiquette is clearly dictated by how fantastic you reckon the arse is going to be. If it looks like it could be magnificent you have to start the oul pocket search 'the ohh shit did I loss my wallet'. The closer you get you get more frantic, a little grimace is good though keep it manly as in 'lost my wallet, maybe stolen, but so what there are foreign babies dying out there man'. Then when very near pause, one last pat of the pockets and just as they pass turn. Make sure to keep patting as they will glance and be looking for the tell tale perve so you need to be looking at the pocket area or phone as if you might ring the wallet police to report a theft. They will be satisfied that you are basically investigating a crime and you can walk after them with comfort
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Cûnts.

What no cheeky little fake cough just to fudge with them
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Lads I am watching the news. Sit down and prepare for this. Apparently it is bad and the next few weeks are critical.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:25 pm Lads I am watching the news. Sit down and prepare for this. Apparently it is bad and the next few weeks are critical.
More than two weeks of criticalness? Wow, that's super serial.
ticketlessinseattle

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:14 pm Path etiquette is clearly dictated by how fantastic you reckon the arse is going to be. If it looks like it could be magnificent you have to start the oul pocket search 'the ohh shit did I loss my wallet'. The closer you get you get more frantic, a little grimace is good though keep it manly as in 'lost my wallet, maybe stolen, but so what there are foreign babies dying out there man'. Then when very near pause, one last pat of the pockets and just as they pass turn. Make sure to keep patting as they will glance and be looking for the tell tale perve so you need to be looking at the pocket area or phone as if you might ring the wallet police to report a theft. They will be satisfied that you are basically investigating a crime and you can walk after them with comfort
thats why you always bring a kid when going out for a walk....make sure they're trailing a few yards behind, trip them if you have to, so that as the "lovely bottom" contender has passed you, you can turn around and tell the kid to hurry up.....make sure they're not right beside you for this part
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:37 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:25 pm Lads I am watching the news. Sit down and prepare for this. Apparently it is bad and the next few weeks are critical.
"Criticalness" or "criticality" ? <nerd mode>
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:49 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:37 pm
"Criticalness" or "criticality" ? <nerd mode>
Tuh-may-toe, tuh-mah-toe
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:45 pm
Cûnts.

What no cheeky little fake cough just to fudge with them
I always do a bit of crop dusting as running past, then with Covid I tried to add a cough to it ; sharded the first and last time I tried that ....and they were my favourite running shorts
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

If they keep their word on the latest target of vaccines, I'm felling a bit better about the progress.

I'm just waiting though for more supply blame and IT issues to be an excuse, the latter that's surely in reserve.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:49 pm
EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:14 pm Path etiquette is clearly dictated by how fantastic you reckon the arse is going to be. If it looks like it could be magnificent you have to start the oul pocket search 'the ohh shit did I loss my wallet'. The closer you get you get more frantic, a little grimace is good though keep it manly as in 'lost my wallet, maybe stolen, but so what there are foreign babies dying out there man'. Then when very near pause, one last pat of the pockets and just as they pass turn. Make sure to keep patting as they will glance and be looking for the tell tale perve so you need to be looking at the pocket area or phone as if you might ring the wallet police to report a theft. They will be satisfied that you are basically investigating a crime and you can walk after them with comfort
thats why you always bring a kid when going out for a walk....make sure they're trailing a few yards behind, trip them if you have to, so that as the "lovely bottom" contender has passed you, you can turn around and tell the kid to hurry up.....make sure they're not right beside you for this part
That's lovely perving.

Gav and Can they are genuinely laughing at us in the meetings beforehand. The news almost verbatim went like this:

Catriona: George how is it there
George: Critical and very serious and we are unsure of what the future holds though it is critical
Catriona: Thanks George. We now have Paul Reid.
Paul: Catriona I would first like to thank the Champions in the health service risking it all for us and to say we only have 30 ICU beds left.
Catriona: They are champions and Paul that is serious. What are you going to do when we have no ICU beds left!
Paul: We will use the other ICU beds. What we now call surge ICU beds for impact.
Catriona: Phewww and when they run out..These extra...
Paul: surge Catriona
Catriona:....surge beds
Paul: Well we go to the other *cough private ICU beds.
Catriona: Are these surge beds?
Paul: No. They are extra.
Catriona: When are we running out of beds Paul?
Paul: Which ones?