Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
MunsterMan!!!!!

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

de_Selby wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:24 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:20 pm Not to interrupted the outrange but they seem to have administrated approx. 96% of the delivered vaccines in the last two weeks (I don't have delivered estimates for anytime previous) and if they administrate the same amount this week as last, they will hit that target again this week.

Of course the real fun being now where they will have to nearly double that rate this month.

Continue.
You're in the wrong thread, this is the Irish govenment are making a balls of covid thread. It's hilarious that people mock Liveline callers giving out about the government here.

Re Vaccines you just need to look at the supply, which will be more than enough to cover 80% by June.
I know.

Jaysus I could do with proof reading my posts. I do English good though.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

CM11 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm Surely if you're affected by the decision of a Union you should be a member of one of them? Otherwise they're just making decisions on your behalf that you have no say in. Or do non Union teachers cross the picket line?
That depends on the make up of the school. If the ASTI go on strike, the TUI and non union teachers can be expected to attend but there generally won't be enough to keep a school open.

I gave up my membership at the beginning of this year and it was my intention to join the TUI but we've barely been in the building and I'm pissing off in a few months anyway so I'll probably look at it again when I get back.

As for the union itself, the most recent ballot on industrial action from the ASTI was in February. A grand total of 4031 teachers voted in favour of industrial action. There were 5078 votes in total. There were a little less than 31,000 full time teaching posts in the country in 2020. The number of teachers would be significantly higher than that as that figure does not take into account people on job share. The number would also have increased by a good amount this year with additional staff taken on. That is a maximum figure of 13% voting for industrial action. The 4031 may also include retired teachers like my mother who still receives a ballot. They should no longer be taken seriously.

Teachers aren't engaging with the union. I believe they have little faith in the union. At this stage I believe the only way to change how the union is run is for significant numbers to leave it so those at the top cease to be paid.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:28 pm Anyone believe they’ll have 80% of adults done by June?
nope ; might get close if they can offload it to pharmacies ....gently
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Pharmacies with the J&J vaccine for under 45's would get them over the line very fast.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

feckwanker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:03 pm Pharmacies with the J&J vaccine for under 45's would get them over the line very fast.
The vaccine centre in Cayman was doing thousands daily - about 16 nurses lined up taking about a minute on each individual. The numbers should sky rocket if supply is available.

Covid is done - it's the siege mentality that has not progressed.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

ZappaMan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:17 pm
feckwanker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:03 pm Pharmacies with the J&J vaccine for under 45's would get them over the line very fast.
The vaccine centre in Cayman was doing thousands daily - about 16 nurses lined up taking about a minute on each individual. The numbers should sky rocket if supply is available.

Covid is done - it's the siege mentality that has not progressed.
Agreed. We Irish have an unhealthy love of self flagellation when it comes to stuff like this.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

alliswell wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm Surely if you're affected by the decision of a Union you should be a member of one of them? Otherwise they're just making decisions on your behalf that you have no say in. Or do non Union teachers cross the picket line?
That depends on the make up of the school. If the ASTI go on strike, the TUI and non union teachers can be expected to attend but there generally won't be enough to keep a school open.

I gave up my membership at the beginning of this year and it was my intention to join the TUI but we've barely been in the building and I'm pissing off in a few months anyway so I'll probably look at it again when I get back.

As for the union itself, the most recent ballot on industrial action from the ASTI was in February. A grand total of 4031 teachers voted in favour of industrial action. There were 5078 votes in total. There were a little less than 31,000 full time teaching posts in the country in 2020. The number of teachers would be significantly higher than that as that figure does not take into account people on job share. The number would also have increased by a good amount this year with additional staff taken on. That is a maximum figure of 13% voting for industrial action. The 4031 may also include retired teachers like my mother who still receives a ballot. They should no longer be taken seriously.

Teachers aren't engaging with the union. I believe they have little faith in the union. At this stage I believe the only way to change how the union is run is for significant numbers to leave it so those at the top cease to be paid.
My mrs is TUI, but doesn't engage much at all. Think she's very much not a fan of ASTI. Think a lot of her work friends/colleagues would be similar.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

411 positive swabs, 2.57% positivity on 16,002 tests.
7 day test positivity is 3%.

- Wednesday, April 7th 2021

The back is absolutely broken of this plum thing
ticketlessinseattle

Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:10 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:57 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 pm

7weeks to do how many million people?
I read it as end of June.
11weeks to do how many million people?

And that’s just the first dose
About 3 million or so?
A million already have a jab
thats not as off the mark as your 12.5% figure but still not accurate ; one person getting 2 doses is not 2 people getting a jab
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

The end for FF?
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/poli ... mUu487QWjU

Tbf, they survived the IMF but I think the pandemic could bury them.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

FF is going to the happy hunting ground.

It's going to be like the end of Narcos Mexico
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

"...because you voted for it."

Made me laugh. :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Are those voting figures public knowledge? That should really be a major news story.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

CM11 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Are those voting figures public knowledge? That should really be a major news story.
RTE report on a story which hampers the clout of unions.
ticketlessinseattle

feckwanker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:35 pm The end for FF?

they've got the bones of what ? 4 years to guide us to the light during the biggest disaster in the history of the state ;thats a lot of time to start governing effectively.....maybe MM needs to give Joe Bidden a call !
CM11

Post by CM11 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:00 pm

they've got the bones of what ? 4 years to guide us to the light during the biggest disaster in the history of the state ;thats a lot of time to start governing effectively.....maybe MM needs to give Joe Bidden a call !
Another year and a bit.

FG will potentially get the better part of the term although by the end of it the initial bump will have worn off.

Did FF want to be first up?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

The seven actions needed to stop mutant variants of Covid-19 from prolonging pandemic
:lol:

Yep, an Eilish O'Regan article.
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

CM11 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:22 pm
alliswell wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 pm As for the union itself, the most recent ballot on industrial action from the ASTI was in February. A grand total of 4031 teachers voted in favour of industrial action. There were 5078 votes in total. There were a little less than 31,000 full time teaching posts in the country in 2020. The number of teachers would be significantly higher than that as that figure does not take into account people on job share. The number would also have increased by a good amount this year with additional staff taken on. That is a maximum figure of 13% voting for industrial action. The 4031 may also include retired teachers like my mother who still receives a ballot. They should no longer be taken seriously.

My own experience with teachers in my extended family is broadly the same - they see the unions as overly militant and not very representative of them.

That said, I don't the figures above are exactly earth-shattering.
According to DoE figures from last December, there are 29000 secondary school teachers in Ireland. Wikipedia claims that ASTI represent 17500 teachers. From what I know, it tends to be split by school - a school is either an ASTI or a TUI school, but not both. TUI (wiki) claims 19000 members (NB - they include further education and IoTs in their membership)

If we take the 17500 as accurate, then 5K is about 30%, which isn't a million miles from the sort of turnout you get at referenda. A lot of people just aren't that arsed voting.

The retired teacher thing is a nonsense though. I know several teachers who've told me that it is one of the main things that puts them off about the union. They're doing their job, working hard (some at least :P ) and the ones dominating the talking at any meetings are the retired teachers. They shouldn't have any vote or voice unless elected by members or employed by the union IMO.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:03 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:00 pm

Another year and a bit.

FG will potentially get the better part of the term although by the end of it the initial bump will have worn off.

Did FF want to be first up?
Having more seats than FG, they got the option.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:43 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 am Lads I'm thinking of going for a masters part time.

How much ball ache are we talking?
Depends what sort of masters you're doing and which field it's in.
I did a Professional Diploma in 2019/2020 and am currently over halfway through my second one. I get the masters if I complete three.
Much more manageable.
However, if you don't have kids and have the time, maybe best to get it all done as quickly as possible.
MBA is a nightmare to do part time though. Workload is insane
Friend of mine did an MBA in her 30's she said it was a complete waste of time when looking for jobs in Ireland. It is well recognised in the states but made little or no difference here if you were already at a certain level of say middle management already.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Anyone listen to Gabriel Scally on newstalk this evening? I am now extremely worried that this guy was chosen to do the cervical cancer report as he is completely clueless.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Luckycharmer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:07 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 am Lads I'm thinking of going for a masters part time.

I did a Professional Diploma in 2019/2020 and am currently over halfway through my second one. I get the masters if I complete three.
Much more manageable.
However, if you don't have kids and have the time, maybe best to get it all done as quickly as possible.
Friend of mine did an MBA in her 30's she said it was a complete waste of time when looking for jobs in Ireland. It is well recognised in the states but made little or no difference here if you were already at a certain level of say middle management already.
As Nardol said - Has anyone ever failed an MBA
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

423 cases, 5 deaths.

Of the deaths, 4 occurred in April and 1 in February.

Of those cases, 219 are men / 201 are women, 73% are under 45 years of age, and the median age is 30-years-old.

The 423 reported cases were from 411 positive swabs from 16,002 swabs processed, a positivity rate of 2.57 %.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:07 pm Anyone listen to Gabriel Scally on newstalk this evening? I am now extremely worried that this guy was chosen to do the cervical cancer report as he is completely clueless.
Have tried to avoid all of them. Had to turn off Matt Cooper when he asked Staines about having to live with covid for years (which is the prevailing attitude) and his response was 'well we haven't tried......'.
ticketlessinseattle

Much more manageable.
there's hard sums in it Mullet.....% and shit ; I'd skip it !.....to be honest as has been pointed out, if you're well into your career and dont think you'll learn anything that will help you further in your day to day then I doubt it's worth the hassle ; I always think back to this fella I inherited as an employee ; banged on constantly about his MBA from Cornell....gave him a project to do that he could never complete, had a college intern in for the summer and she sorted it in 2 weeks....and trained him how t to use it
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

And it's official..........the UK vaccine committee advises against using the AZ vaccine for the under 30s.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/hea ... -1.4531197
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Much more manageable.
there's hard sums in it Mullet.....% and shit ; I'd skip it !.....to be honest as has been pointed out, if you're well into your career and dont think you'll learn anything that will help you further in your day to day then I doubt it's worth the hassle ; I always think back to this fella I inherited as an employee ; banged on constantly about his MBA from Cornell....gave him a project to do that he could never complete, had a college intern in for the summer and she sorted it in 2 weeks....and trained him how t to use it
Oh Tickets, you shouldn't so obviously let me know I'm under your dirt infested culchie skin
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Martin totally consumed by the headbangers. What in the name of fudge are they at.
Mr Martin was asked about the possibility of a cap on the number of people arriving into the country.

He said: “We don’t necessarily have to make that decision now. I think people are referring to a decision in New Zealand in relation to putting a cap on its numbers – quotas, if you like.

“But we’re not at that stage yet.”
Caps on numbers are inevitable. It’s exactly what’s happened anywhere that has done this.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 pm Martin totally consumed by the headbangers. What in the name of fudge are they at.
Mr Martin was asked about the possibility of a cap on the number of people arriving into the country.

He said: “We don’t necessarily have to make that decision now. I think people are referring to a decision in New Zealand in relation to putting a cap on its numbers – quotas, if you like.

Caps on numbers are inevitable. It’s exactly what’s happened anywhere that has done this.
We have 220 people in hospital FFS, it'll be under 200 by the end of the week, and we're talking about shutting down even more ?

It's absolute madness.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

camroc1 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 pm Martin totally consumed by the headbangers. What in the name of fudge are they at.

We have 220 people in hospital FFS, it'll be under 200 by the end of the week, and we're talking about shutting down even more ?

It's absolute madness.
Zero Covid without the commitment. Martin’s comments a couple of months ago suggested this was the way he was blowing but to see the madness in practice is something else.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

https://twitter.com/belfast_1979/status ... 95529?s=19

Throwing petrol bombs at buses with people still on board. Fúcking scum. All because is concerns about brexit, of course. :roll:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 pm https://twitter.com/belfast_1979/status ... 95529?s=19

Throwing petrol bombs at buses with people still on board. Fúcking scum. All because is concerns about brexit, of course. :roll:
Oh yes totally Political alright.

Concerned with the import of seeds in soil so they are.
Last edited by Mullet 2 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:01 pm
Nolanator wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 pm https://twitter.com/belfast_1979/status ... 95529?s=19

Oh yes totally Political alright.

Concerned with the important of seeds in soil so they are.
The coca, and poppy plants need to be grown somewhere, although I doubt they fill in the import/export forms anyway.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

The North is a basket case - it's shit like this which is why I wouldn't vote for a UI. Who wants to have scumbags like that as your countrymen?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

feckwanker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:41 pm The North is a basket case - it's shit like this which is why I wouldn't vote for a UI. Who wants to have scumbags like that as your countrymen?
They'd all piss off to Glasgow though. Or north wales for the DUP.
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Much more manageable.
As Nardol said - Has anyone ever failed an MBA
The crucial exam is on your bank balance: if you can afford the fees you'll get the degree.
Lazy Couch potato

Post by Lazy Couch potato »

feckwanker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:41 pm The North is a basket case - it's shit like this which is why I wouldn't vote for a UI. Who wants to have scumbags like that as your countrymen?
Build that wall
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Much more manageable.
Really depends what your professional area is. Banking /finance, MBA is a good thing but it really comes into it's own in the 'land of corporate Head office' where it's a case of what school you got your MBA in !!!!