Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
ticketlessinseattle

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

CM11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:49 am
CM11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 am
lorcanoworms wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:31 am Me getting things wrong again, thought there was something on the glorious 12th.
There is but it's already announced. County wide travel allowed, two households allowed meet up outside (snigger), schools all back and private house construction plus school construction allowed.
probably was a pisstake but heard on the radio that non essential retail and hairdressers would open in may....but only for vaccinated people.....
Can't see how they police that. Shops certainly won't. Hairdressers were asking for that but again, how do you expect them to police it?
I cant see us figuring out how to implement a 2 tier system for vaccinated vs non vaccinated citizens ; it makes perfect sense but given that our IT systems are sh1te I cant see how they'd make it happen.
arent they saying that 2 people can meet indoors if they're vaccinated ? once you get over the fact that its only 2 people and not unlimited (are the government the biggest anti vaxers ?)how are they going to enforce that ?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 am How did I miss Shane Coleman storming off from the studio with Ciara Kelly :lol:
Ah shite it was the 1st of April!
Foot Up

Post by Foot Up »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am
CM11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:49 am
CM11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 am
lorcanoworms wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:31 am Me getting things wrong again, thought there was something on the glorious 12th.
There is but it's already announced. County wide travel allowed, two households allowed meet up outside (snigger), schools all back and private house construction plus school construction allowed.
probably was a pisstake but heard on the radio that non essential retail and hairdressers would open in may....but only for vaccinated people.....
Can't see how they police that. Shops certainly won't. Hairdressers were asking for that but again, how do you expect them to police it?
That's the beauty of it.

You don't police it. Everybody goes back to normal. Zero Covid crew are told it's only for the full vaccinated.

Job done
Hopefully.

Getting any kind of vaccine passport system setup for domestic use in the next 3 months is a pipe dream - don't even think about in the next 3 weeks :lol:

There are broadly two types of restrictions that we have, those on individuals and those on businesses/institutions. Individual ones are already pretty much impossible to enforce in Ireland - I've went from Dublin out west 2-3 times in the past few months to watch various matches with the auld fella and never saw a Gard on the road. Restrictions on businesses are much easier to enforce on a blanket level - no retail, no gyms, no hairdressers etc. But I don't think it will hold for a minute if they introduce exceptions.

Internationally is another game altogether
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

The current shit storm with MHQ will ensure that vaccine passport system setup for domestic use will not happen, they'll kick that can down the road for a little bit though.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 am How did I miss Shane Coleman storming off from the studio with Ciara Kelly :lol:
Ah shite it was the 1st of April!
I was listening to it in the car and fell for it. Only when I told my wife about the first thing she pointed out was that it was a pisstake.

They did it well though, I liked Ciara's signoff ".. and I'm out tomorrow for Good Friday and also on Monday .. (blah, blah ).. so if Shane is out there listening I just have one messsage for him - see you next Tuesday"
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am
Indeed.

The MBA programmed in UCD was originally set up to teach management to Engineers in business.
Really? They set up the MIE in UCD Eng (for that stated purpose) only 3 years after they started the MBA in Commerce (1964) - I'd be very surprised if it wasn't more motivated by the ridiculous fees you can get away with charging for an MBA
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

DeDoc wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:44 pm
Indeed.

The MBA programmed in UCD was originally set up to teach management to Engineers in business.
Really? They set up the MIE in UCD Eng (for that stated purpose) only 3 years after they started the MBA in Commerce (1964) - I'd be very surprised if it wasn't more motivated by the ridiculous fees you can get away with charging for an MBA
Tom Widdis, a lecturer in civil engineering was instrumental in setting it up. It was in the Dept of Commerce, but not aimed at BComm graduates, who would have covered a lot of the material in their undergraduate courses.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:08 am
camroc1 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 pm Martin totally consumed by the headbangers. What in the name of fudge are they at.
Mr Martin was asked about the possibility of a cap on the number of people arriving into the country.

He said: “We don’t necessarily have to make that decision now. I think people are referring to a decision in New Zealand in relation to putting a cap on its numbers – quotas, if you like.

“But we’re not at that stage yet.”
Caps on numbers are inevitable. It’s exactly what’s happened anywhere that has done this.
We have 220 people in hospital FFS, it'll be under 200 by the end of the week, and we're talking about shutting down even more ?

It's absolute madness.
and 500k on the PUP ; and who knows how many businesses destroyed .....to paraphrase Churchill.....
"Never was so much owed by so few to so many" .....except the opposite
The anti-Spock said it best. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many"
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Indeed.

The MIE really was an antiquated out of date course when I was considering a masters in the late 90s. They really had the dross of the department lecturing it.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

anonymous_joe wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:15 am
The Sun God wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:01 am
diarm wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:42 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pmthere's hard sums in it Mullet.....% and shit ; I'd skip it !.....to be honest as has been pointed out, if you're well into your career and dont think you'll learn anything that will help you further in your day to day then I doubt it's worth the hassle ; I always think back to this fella I inherited as an employee ; banged on constantly about his MBA from Cornell....gave him a project to do that he could never complete, had a college intern in for the summer and she sorted it in 2 weeks....and trained him how t to use it
Every fecker I've ever met who went to Cornell, constantly bangs on about having gone to Cornell. I've never heard the like of it off people from other schools. It's like they're a cult.

I've put it down to small dog syndrome. It's like none of the other Ivy League schools take them seriously so they have to bark the loudest.
Back in the 90's Cornell was held in high regard with the HR departments on Wall Street. In the '80's it was Wharton, where I went. Nowadays it's Harvard...... a load of bullshit if you ask me.
I wonder what effect Wharton's most prominent graduate will have on their reputation.
Warren Buffet ???? ...... I don't think that other gobshite ever graduated legitimately.
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 pm The MIE really was an antiquated out of date course when I was considering a masters in the late 90s. They really had the dross of the department lecturing it.
Some of the content was ok, but yeah it was a home for people who couldn't be trusted with 'real students'!
MunsterMan!!!!!

https://twitter.com/ScepticalBear/statu ... 23/photo/1

:lol:
That is some crazy shit.

Never mind the fact that it'll be a poor country tax but which global tax agency would administrate such a tax, crazy crazy stuff.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:55 pm
Indeed.

Tom Widdis, a lecturer in civil engineering was instrumental in setting it up. It was in the Dept of Commerce, but not aimed at BComm graduates, who would have covered a lot of the material in their undergraduate courses.
Is that the precursor to the Masters in Business for non-business grads? It's a B.Comm in a year in effect.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

The Sun God wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pmthere's hard sums in it Mullet.....% and shit ; I'd skip it !.....to be honest as has been pointed out, if you're well into your career and dont think you'll learn anything that will help you further in your day to day then I doubt it's worth the hassle ; I always think back to this fella I inherited as an employee ; banged on constantly about his MBA from Cornell....gave him a project to do that he could never complete, had a college intern in for the summer and she sorted it in 2 weeks....and trained him how t to use it
Every fecker I've ever met who went to Cornell, constantly bangs on about having gone to Cornell. I've never heard the like of it off people from other schools. It's like they're a cult.

I've put it down to small dog syndrome. It's like none of the other Ivy League schools take them seriously so they have to bark the loudest.
Back in the 90's Cornell was held in high regard with the HR departments on Wall Street. In the '80's it was Wharton, where I went. Nowadays it's Harvard...... a load of bullshit if you ask me.
I wonder what effect Wharton's most prominent graduate will have on their reputation.
Warren Buffet ???? ...... I don't think that other gobshite ever graduated legitimately.
Didn't they need to grease him in, in the first place?
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:17 pm The current shit storm with MHQ will ensure that vaccine passport system setup for domestic use will not happen, they'll kick that can down the road for a little bit though.
Or the EU digital passport.

The damage this is causing is incredible. Absolute morons.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:00 pm https://twitter.com/ScepticalBear/statu ... 23/photo/1

That is some crazy shit.

Never mind the fact that it'll be a poor country tax but which global tax agency would administrate such a tax, crazy crazy stuff.
Wealthy tax funded Doctor not giving a shit, shocker....
Blackrock Bullet

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:00 pm https://twitter.com/ScepticalBear/statu ... 23/photo/1

That is some crazy shit.

How dare you, he's an "expert".
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

anonymous_joe wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:09 pm
The Sun God wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Didn't they need to grease him in, in the first place?
Yeah there was some shenanigans with his transfer from Fordham, which he threatened legal action about but his claim to have graduated first in his class is an outright lie.

Trump 'graduated' without honours. Some schools base honours on GPA percentile, but Wharton bases them simply on GPA, which means that in order to graduate without honours, his GPA had to have been less than a 3.40. However, none of his graduating class ever remember him being there : either in class or on campus.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:23 pm

That is some crazy shit.

How dare you, he's an "expert".
That's so stupid it's almost impressive.
Blackrock Bullet

He's the type of fella that Mullet and others said should be in charge. And they are now.

They are going to try and have a permanent public health body with powers after this, mark my words.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

DeDoc wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:57 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 pm The MIE really was an antiquated out of date course when I was considering a masters in the late 90s. They really had the dross of the department lecturing it.
Some of the content was ok, but yeah it was a home for people who couldn't be trusted with 'real students'!
Would you be referring to the likes of Connolly and O'Neill? :lol:
MunsterMan!!!!!

448 positive swabs, 2.35% positivity on 19,099 tests.
7 day test positivity is 2.9%.

- Thursday, April 8th 2021

Lovely!

7 day average is now 2.88%
Blackrock Bullet

Luckycharmer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:09 am
The Sun God wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:48 am
Luckycharmer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:07 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:43 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 am Lads I'm thinking of going for a masters part time.

How much ball ache are we talking?
Depends what sort of masters you're doing and which field it's in.
I did a Professional Diploma in 2019/2020 and am currently over halfway through my second one. I get the masters if I complete three.
Much more manageable.
However, if you don't have kids and have the time, maybe best to get it all done as quickly as possible.
MBA is a nightmare to do part time though. Workload is insane
Friend of mine did an MBA in her 30's she said it was a complete waste of time when looking for jobs in Ireland. It is well recognised in the states but made little or no difference here if you were already at a certain level of say middle management already.
Really depends what your professional area is. Banking /finance, MBA is a good thing but it really comes into it's own in the 'land of corporate Head office' where it's a case of what school you got your MBA in !!!!
She had been working over 10 years in banking and had a redundancy from a Swiss bank who were based in the IFSC. She did her MBA in Trinity. She was actually unemployed for a year afterwards, there were lots of lower end jobs but not many even middle management jobs and the MBA didn't make much difference here. She did a good bit of contracting, she is single with no dependents so could be more picky.
Friend of mine did it a bit younger and he now lives in the states where it seems to be alot more recognised.
MBA in the US is generally taken in your late 20s. It's a proper college experience in the likes of HBS, no part-time working and the likes. You live on campus etc.

You're better off in Ireland doing them as part of your work given the cost. The Smurfit Masters would allow you to pivot into a new career if you wanted but you won't be going in as some hotshot.
Foot Up

Post by Foot Up »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:17 pm 448 positive swabs, 2.35% positivity on 19,099 tests.

Lovely!

do you know of anyone graphing this over time?
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:09 am
The Sun God wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:48 am
Luckycharmer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:07 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Depends what sort of masters you're doing and which field it's in.
I did a Professional Diploma in 2019/2020 and am currently over halfway through my second one. I get the masters if I complete three.
Much more manageable.
However, if you don't have kids and have the time, maybe best to get it all done as quickly as possible.
MBA is a nightmare to do part time though. Workload is insane
Friend of mine did an MBA in her 30's she said it was a complete waste of time when looking for jobs in Ireland. It is well recognised in the states but made little or no difference here if you were already at a certain level of say middle management already.
Really depends what your professional area is. Banking /finance, MBA is a good thing but it really comes into it's own in the 'land of corporate Head office' where it's a case of what school you got your MBA in !!!!
She had been working over 10 years in banking and had a redundancy from a Swiss bank who were based in the IFSC. She did her MBA in Trinity. She was actually unemployed for a year afterwards, there were lots of lower end jobs but not many even middle management jobs and the MBA didn't make much difference here. She did a good bit of contracting, she is single with no dependents so could be more picky.
Friend of mine did it a bit younger and he now lives in the states where it seems to be alot more recognised.
MBA in the US is generally taken in your late 20s. It's a proper college experience in the likes of HBS, no part-time working and the likes. You live on campus etc.

You're better off in Ireland doing them as part of your work given the cost. The Smurfit Masters would allow you to pivot into a new career if you wanted but you won't be going in as some hotshot.
Back in my day the Wall Street investment houses would recruit directly from Wharton. Guys would have a firm job offer before packing their bags from their rooms. I went back to my job on about 35K less than I could have got had my employer not paid for my course....swings and roundabouts.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Foot Up wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:30 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:17 pm 448 positive swabs, 2.35% positivity on 19,099 tests.

Lovely!

do you know of anyone graphing this over time?
https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status ... 72/photo/1

Of the 3,5 and 7 day averages
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 pm MBA in the US is generally taken in your late 20s. It's a proper college experience in the likes of HBS, no part-time working and the likes. You live on campus etc.

Are a lot of kids in the US not doing it straight after their undergraduate nowadays? I seem to remember hearing that a while ago. Could very well be mistaken.
HighKingLeinster

Lovely!

Watch the teachers, Karens and Mullets scream from behind their couch that this drop is proof that schools arent safe
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

The Sun God wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:17 pm

That is some crazy shit.

Wealthy tax funded Doctor not giving a shit, shocker....
I’ve posted about this guy a couple of times recently. I had no idea he was such an idiot. Makes it a bit worrying that we got him to do the cervical cancer report - indeed explains why it didn’t do what it was supposed to do
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Schools arent safe
Blackrock Bullet

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:35 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 pm MBA in the US is generally taken in your late 20s. It's a proper college experience in the likes of HBS, no part-time working and the likes. You live on campus etc.

Are a lot of kids in the US not doing it straight after their undergraduate nowadays? I seem to remember hearing that a while ago. Could very well be mistaken.
Late 20s is the average age. Most will have a few years work experience under their belt. You can spot a HBS type a mile off in Cambridge/Boston.

It used to be a thing to do it straight out of undergrad, changed in the 70s I believe.

I don't believe it has changed back again recently, but could be mistaken. The people I know have all been late 20s.
HighKingLeinster

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:43 pm Schools arent safe
Times have changed from when you were there with a perpetually confused Jennings wandering the halls looking for a class he could never find
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Lovely!

I heard the 19.6 day average makes things look less sweet. Close it all back down lads.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Times have changed from when you were there with a perpetually confused Jennings wandering the halls looking for a class he could never find
Those were the days
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:47 pm
Either is your ma and I keep going back there as well
As long as shes stopped sending the videos
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

More like a care bear you big softy
HighKingLeinster

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm
HighKingLeinster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Those were the days
They certainly were. Brother Love teaching peace and harmony, Tonge pretending he knew anything about coaching rugby and John Doyle exploding at students over trivial matters.

Glorious
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

And Babs Dowling still believing 40 laps was the way to get lads rugby fit.
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:10 pm Would you be referring to the likes of Connolly and O'Neill? :lol:
Pat at least had the virtue of being somewhat entertaining. I never had Peter O'Neill directly lecture me thank God - I don't speak PostScript for a start!
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:35 pm Are a lot of kids in the US not doing it straight after their undergraduate nowadays? I seem to remember hearing that a while ago. Could very well be mistaken.
Most universities insist on a certain minimum number of years of post-graduate work experience
Blackrock Bullet

I see that the Liveline set have woken up to the fact that you can be a fully vaccinated healthcare worker and have a negative test but must spend 2 weeks in quarantine in a hotel entering Ireland. Well done all. :lol: