Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 18404
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Winnie »

themaddog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 pm
Winnie wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:53 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:50 pm Well we want the land for a start.
I’m afraid it’s part of the package that you get the people who live on it
The British had to accept that 800 years ago as well :D
Arlene has promised to leave so that's a start.
What will you accept as the end then?
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11754
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Winnie wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:48 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:28 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 pm URH isn't DD. That would be too tedious
Oh, I'm pretty sure he is. Arrives out of nowhere. Knows who everyone is. And jumps straight in, with the OTT persona.
:lol:

No, i’m not. I don’t know who DD is, i’ve only known him as Mr Dominator (who I think is a prick btw). I’ve never met anyone on board, so i’m not really sure I know what you mean by saying I know who everyone is
You aren’t DD I know this for fact
You are managing to get under Cammys skin for pointing out his issues despite the fact that ‘you arrived out of nowhere’
It’s almost like they are blindingly obvious
It’s always reassuring to know a stranger on the internet knows who I am
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 18404
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Winnie »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:05 am
Winnie wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:48 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:28 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 pm URH isn't DD. That would be too tedious
Oh, I'm pretty sure he is. Arrives out of nowhere. Knows who everyone is. And jumps straight in, with the OTT persona.
:lol:

No, i’m not. I don’t know who DD is, i’ve only known him as Mr Dominator (who I think is a prick btw). I’ve never met anyone on board, so i’m not really sure I know what you mean by saying I know who everyone is
You aren’t DD I know this for fact
You are managing to get under Cammys skin for pointing out his issues despite the fact that ‘you arrived out of nowhere’
It’s almost like they are blindingly obvious
It’s always reassuring to know a stranger on the internet knows who I am
I’ve no idea who you are :lol: :lol:
I know from things you have posted that you are 100% not DD/Mr Dominator/Cabbage
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 42222
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:53 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 pm
If you're aware of the risk it's not negligent.
Wrong
:lol:
Are you suggesting that GSK knew about the risk of Pandemrix causing narcolepsy? You must have been privy to the very highest level GSK meetings back in the 2000’s - you should go straight to the Times with your groundbreaking insider information.
User avatar
DragonKhan
Posts: 4683
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by DragonKhan »

The Holocaust was done in the name of public health :blush: :lol:
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 12610
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lorcanoworms »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:21 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:20 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 pm I have to say I enjoyed my 9 holes of golf on Tuesday and 18 holes today. UK :thumbup:
Great.......
It is Cammy, you would love it up here.
I believe one may obtain an app the better to avoid petrol bombed areas.
The bunker might come in handy.
de_Selby
Posts: 4586
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by de_Selby »

There as a good interview with Stephen Donnelly there on newstalk by Ciara Kelly as part of the 100 days of walking thing, well worth a listen. I knew he gets shitloads of abuse online etc but didn't realise that he had to get extra security around his home
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

de_Selby wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 am There as a good interview with Stephen Donnelly there on newstalk by Ciara Kelly as part of the 100 days of walking thing, well worth a listen. I knew he gets shitloads of abuse online etc but didn't realise that he had to get extra security around his home
The level of abuse they get is now beyond pathetic and it stands to reason that the more normal people are at the more extreme the fringe will get.
de_Selby
Posts: 4586
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by de_Selby »

Yeah he basically admitted to almost reaching breaking point when he was working his ass off and was at one point in early preparing just after someone attacked his home and then for the icing on the cake a news article popped up on his phone having a go at him.

I don't know how anyone can do it, and one point he raised is that if it continues like this no one will want to go into politics.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

The decent ones wont anyway. It has reached insane levels of fools with access to a 10th of your information and worries calling every move "idiotic" from behind a keyboard.

It is very sad to see Ireland go this way that we now have four ministers requiring Garda protection. The lad asked for the health portfolio in a pandemic. Let that sink in for balls.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 42222
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

de_Selby wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 am There as a good interview with Stephen Donnelly there on newstalk by Ciara Kelly as part of the 100 days of walking thing, well worth a listen. I knew he gets shitloads of abuse online etc but didn't realise that he had to get extra security around his home
His house is right on the road. They tried the same with Harris when his pregnant wife was the only one home. They both live in modest houses with no long driveway or security so these scumbags can get right up to them.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16465
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

de_Selby wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 am Yeah he basically admitted to almost reaching breaking point when he was working his ass off and was at one point in early preparing just after someone attacked his home and then for the icing on the cake a news article popped up on his phone having a go at him.

I don't know how anyone can do it, and one point he raised is that if it continues like this no one will want to go into politics.
One of the biggest crimes a politician can commit in this country is to try to get into a position of power. As if looking to be in a position where you can influence decision making at the highest level isn't the f**king point in the first place.

Not mad on Donnelly but in the past couple of decades he is one of a handful of ministers for health who weren't given the position as a punishment. He deserves some respect for that alone but instead is treated as a joke.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am
de_Selby wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 am There as a good interview with Stephen Donnelly there on newstalk by Ciara Kelly as part of the 100 days of walking thing, well worth a listen. I knew he gets shitloads of abuse online etc but didn't realise that he had to get extra security around his home
His house is right on the road. They tried the same with Harris when his pregnant wife was the only one home. They both live in modest houses with no long driveway or security so these scumbags can get right up to them.
They all live in modest houses.

That's the hilarious bit. All these pieces of filth talk about fatcats and "endemic" corruption while standing outside suburban semi Ds.

DOB drives a fúcking 2012 Toyota
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 42222
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

DOB drives a fúcking 2012 Toyota
I’ve no doubt that is deliberate because driving a nice car wouldn’t be worth the abuse he’d get. Then you have people on welfare leading 20 Garda cars on a high speed chase driving a merc and nobody sees that as odd
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 am That's because they have gone for the unique approach of keeping nobody happy. Getting any direct abuse, I don't include talking amongst internet friends or on WhatsApp, is a nightmare for them. The courts have a lot to answer for as does general policing. We have gorse fires now being set daily in fields near our house that is threatening hosues. Daily and it started weeks ago. How the fück have the local Gardai not stopped it. Donnelly is is charge of the HSE which has had major missteps and of course he is going to get it. 500,000 people out of work!! What does he think he will get. And he wakes up on mandatory fücking quarantining Yanks and krauts at the end, the end, of the pandemic.
That is nonsense frankly and an attempt at self justification. The Pandemic has only made the problem worse. All across western democracy this problem is rampant and has been long before the chinese lad ate BBQ bat
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 5205
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

I didn't read it but wasn't their an article as well about Boxer Moran and the shit he got in his limited time as a minister, I think it is pathetic.

I do think 90% of politicians are decent people wanting to do their best for the community and society a bit like every other walk of life. The work they put in must be something else, esp a Minister essentially the only time you probably aren't working is when you are sleeping.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64696
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
But Brock is a knobhead with massive self entitlement and not enough brains to back it up.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 am I didn't read it but wasn't their an article as well about Boxer Moran and the shit he got in his limited time as a minister, I think it is pathetic.

I do think 90% of politicians are decent people wanting to do their best for the community and society a bit like every other walk of life. The work they put in must be something else, esp a Minister essentially the only time you probably aren't working is when you are sleeping.
It is crazy and you are always on. I've told the story before about Brian Cowen coming to the first big cricket match out in Malahide. It would not have happened without him 100% and outside Gibneys I had to step between him and a fella in his 30s and this is after he left office. It's been coming a while.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64696
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 am
Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:37 am
EverReady wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 am That's because they have gone for the unique approach of keeping nobody happy. Getting any direct abuse, I don't include talking amongst internet friends or on WhatsApp, is a nightmare for them. The courts have a lot to answer for as does general policing. We have gorse fires now being set daily in fields near our house that is threatening hosues. Daily and it started weeks ago. How the fück have the local Gardai not stopped it. Donnelly is is charge of the HSE which has had major missteps and of course he is going to get it. 500,000 people out of work!! What does he think he will get. And he wakes up on mandatory fücking quarantining Yanks and krauts at the end, the end, of the pandemic.
That is nonsense frankly and an attempt at self justification. The Pandemic has only made the problem worse. All across western democracy this problem is rampant and has been long before the chinese lad ate BBQ bat

I partly agree with you. Online is out of control but that does not mean Donnelly and others don't deserve our ire. Back through the ages politicians got dogs abuse. Churchill got fücked out of it while touring bombed houses in WW2.
Politicians 'deserve' constructive criticism. They don't deserve personal abuse for political decisions.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

People can be expected to be mad beside their bombed gaff.

My family friend is a relatively high profile receiver and they did it outside his house while he was at work and only his wife and three kids home.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16465
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
There are reasons you can travel, as the Irish government have stated, and he is threatening people that they won't be able to get back in. That is causing as much emotional anguish as the threats Donnelly has received. That could mean a parent travelling to see a loved one dying not being able to get back in.

The threats he is subject to are wrong and disgusting, his family more so. But he is also a prick that is doing the same to other people. Donnelly et al are channelling the ugly mob mentality into their government.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:15 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:13 pm 400 cases, 7 deaths.

Two of the deaths occurred in April, two occurred in March and three occurred in February.

Of the cases : 205are men, 193 are women; 72% are under 45 years of age; and, the median age is 35 years old.

There were 448 positive swabs today, from 19,099 processed; a positivity rate of 2.35%.
205+193 doesn't equal 400. Further evidence they waited to hit 400
look at Mr MBA boy over here !
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16465
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
But Brock is a knobhead with massive self entitlement and not enough brains to back it up.
Says the fella who has championed NPHET for a year, and continues to do so, but travelled to a country on the shitlist for his honeymoon.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:37 pm Image
:lol:
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64696
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
There are reasons you can travel, as the Irish government have stated, and he is threatening people that they won't be able to get back in. That is causing as much emotional anguish as the threats Donnelly has received. That could mean a parent travelling to see a loved one dying not being able to get back in.

The threats he is subject to are wrong and disgusting, his family more so. But he is also a prick that is doing the same to other people. Donnelly et al are channelling the ugly mob mentality into their government.
Oh ffs.

To repeat:

Politicians 'deserve' constructive criticism. They don't deserve personal abuse for political decisions.

He's not personally threatening anyone, ffs. He's trying, in your opinion wrongly, to make political decisions for the greater good of the Irish people. Would you ever listen to yourself for once?
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 5205
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

MEPs Clare Daly and Mick Wallace often stand out for wearing what they like, whatever the usual conventions. It makes Daly's adoption of this particular kind of modest dress, which many locals do not wear and would not typically be expected of visitors, more striking.

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/statu ... 4630875138

I just assumed Daly had to wear it, but she put it on to make even more of a statement :lol: I hope she get absolutely hammered on this.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 pm How generous of them.

Maybe they'll donate back the land they occupy illegally next.

But of course the Palestinians can just have the vaccine flown into their non existent international airport next. And pay for it with all the tax they make from the extremely vibrant economy they enjoy under an occupying force who control all import and export. :thumbup:
:thumbup: "donated" ....how can they donate to something that doesnt exist ?
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16465
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:59 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
There are reasons you can travel, as the Irish government have stated, and he is threatening people that they won't be able to get back in. That is causing as much emotional anguish as the threats Donnelly has received. That could mean a parent travelling to see a loved one dying not being able to get back in.

The threats he is subject to are wrong and disgusting, his family more so. But he is also a prick that is doing the same to other people. Donnelly et al are channelling the ugly mob mentality into their government.
Oh ffs.

To repeat:

Politicians 'deserve' constructive criticism. They don't deserve personal abuse for political decisions.

He's not personally threatening anyone, ffs. He's trying, in your opinion wrongly, to make political decisions for the greater good of the Irish people. Would you ever listen to yourself for once?
Except, as you know, it is 100% about appeasing a social media mob.

He knows that people will fly in via the UK.

He also knows that flight caps could stop people coming into care for children, or care for loved ones. As has happened in New Zealand and Australia.

It is a brutal, disgusting, policy that he implemented for retweets and likes, and to save his skin from the Shinners. So whilst I don't think the guy deserves for his house to be attacked, he is as bad as the people doing it to him, in my view.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 pm You'll be making jokes about how the Irish should have gone fishing during the Famine next

It is frankly laughable to be referencing the Oslo accords at this stage.
I'm just catching up here......seriously Duff,,,,the Oslo accord ?
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 42222
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 am MEPs Clare Daly and Mick Wallace often stand out for wearing what they like, whatever the usual conventions. It makes Daly's adoption of this particular kind of modest dress, which many locals do not wear and would not typically be expected of visitors, more striking.

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/statu ... 4630875138

I just assumed Daly had to wear it, but she put it on to make even more of a statement :lol: I hope she get absolutely hammered on this.
Some level of stupidity isn’t it. You’d think that would be the end of her but I doubt it.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:22 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 pm I have to say I enjoyed my 9 holes of golf on Tuesday and 18 holes today. UK :thumbup:
What happens if your ball hits one of the 125,000 corpses? Take a drop?
You’re assuming my aim is good enough for that
it really doesnt need to be
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:07 am
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 am MEPs Clare Daly and Mick Wallace often stand out for wearing what they like, whatever the usual conventions. It makes Daly's adoption of this particular kind of modest dress, which many locals do not wear and would not typically be expected of visitors, more striking.

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/statu ... 4630875138

I just assumed Daly had to wear it, but she put it on to make even more of a statement :lol: I hope she get absolutely hammered on this.
Some level of stupidity isn’t it. You’d think that would be the end of her but I doubt it.
The rapidity with which feminists stick on a Burkha is fierce amusing all the same.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64696
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:03 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:59 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
There are reasons you can travel, as the Irish government have stated, and he is threatening people that they won't be able to get back in. That is causing as much emotional anguish as the threats Donnelly has received. That could mean a parent travelling to see a loved one dying not being able to get back in.

The threats he is subject to are wrong and disgusting, his family more so. But he is also a prick that is doing the same to other people. Donnelly et al are channelling the ugly mob mentality into their government.
Oh ffs.

To repeat:

Politicians 'deserve' constructive criticism. They don't deserve personal abuse for political decisions.

He's not personally threatening anyone, ffs. He's trying, in your opinion wrongly, to make political decisions for the greater good of the Irish people. Would you ever listen to yourself for once?
Except, as you know, it is 100% about appeasing a social media mob.

He knows that people will fly in via the UK.

He also knows that flight caps could stop people coming into care for children, or care for loved ones. As has happened in New Zealand and Australia.

It is a brutal, disgusting, policy that he implemented for retweets and likes, and to save his skin from the Shinners. So whilst I don't think the guy deserves for his house to be attacked, he is as bad as the people doing it to him, in my view.
Would you ever stop!

He's as bad as the people causing the need for him to have extra security? The people threatening his life? The people involving his children? Do you never listen to yourself?

By all means constructively criticise his decisions. But you've made up a whole fantasy to justify your stance.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16465
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 am

Would you ever stop!

He's as bad as the people causing the need for him to have extra security? The people threatening his life? The people involving his children? Do you never listen to yourself?

By all means constructively criticise his decisions. But you've made up a whole fantasy to justify your stance.

Yes.

We are talking about toxic social media.

He is governing to appease toxic social media, not in the best interests of the country or protecting all citizens. That is over the line of "constructive criticism". It is self preservation policy that damages a lot of people.

Just because you aren't in that situation, doesn't mean it isn't an issue for many out there. If you had to fly out because a parent of yours was dying (which is allowed under the government's own laws), and the Minister for Health said that you might not be able to get back in (for social media clout), then you might have a different view.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 am It's also very sad that Stephen Donnelly is threatening to limit the number of Irish citizens and residents entering the country, for an unknown period of time. All when he knows well that we have an open border with the UK.

Donnelly has been in receipt of some disgraceful abuse, but he has also played up to the nasty and populist elements out there. Our political class have abdicated responsibility for governing in the last few months and it will take a lot for them to get that back.
There is no 'but' when we're talking about direct abuse and threats to his life.
nail on the head ; the Harris's pregnant wife at home was an all time low ; its one thing disagreeing with a politician or thinking they do a sh1t job but to think you're justified in venting your displeasure in their home or any kind of a private setting is crazy sh1t
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64696
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 am

Would you ever stop!

He's as bad as the people causing the need for him to have extra security? The people threatening his life? The people involving his children? Do you never listen to yourself?

By all means constructively criticise his decisions. But you've made up a whole fantasy to justify your stance.

Yes.

We are talking about toxic social media.

He is governing to appease toxic social media, not in the best interests of the country or protecting all citizens. That is over the line of "constructive criticism". It is self preservation policy that damages a lot of people.

Just because you aren't in that situation, doesn't mean it isn't an issue for many out there. If you had to fly out because a parent of yours was dying (which is allowed under the government's own laws), and the Minister for Health said that you might not be able to get back in (for social media clout), then you might have a different view.
In your opinion.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

It is a bit of stupidity frankly.

I long discovered that even Trots in fairness to them genuinely believe that they will make the country better.

You would want to be a gobshite to think lads make maliciously bad decisions.
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am
CM11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 am

Would you ever stop!

He's as bad as the people causing the need for him to have extra security? The people threatening his life? The people involving his children? Do you never listen to yourself?

By all means constructively criticise his decisions. But you've made up a whole fantasy to justify your stance.

Yes.

We are talking about toxic social media.

He is governing to appease toxic social media, not in the best interests of the country or protecting all citizens. That is over the line of "constructive criticism". It is self preservation policy that damages a lot of people.

Just because you aren't in that situation, doesn't mean it isn't an issue for many out there. If you had to fly out because a parent of yours was dying (which is allowed under the government's own laws), and the Minister for Health said that you might not be able to get back in (for social media clout), then you might have a different view.
He's a minister for health following advice from public health officials. It's a policy he's been asked to implement and he is taking the advice of the most qualified people in his department on it. It would be ridiculous for a minister for health to do otherwise.
Post Reply