Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
alliswell

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

CM11 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:03 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm Asked that the Mullet2 userid be zapped.
Flounced? Or wants to resurrect a different login?

Seismic change if the former!

Anyway, they found a body looking for that runner in the mountains. So sad all round. :((
Go check the book thread.

That is so grim. What a dreadful way to go.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

alliswell wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:07 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm Asked that the Mullet2 userid be zapped.

Anyway, they found a body looking for that runner in the mountains. So sad all round. :((

A bit of a damp squib of a flounce. I'll believe it when I see it! He has other logins. But good luck with getting away from here Mullet if it really is a flounce!

And yeah, horrible story presuming it is her body. Fingers crossed just an accident although no reason to think otherwise.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

alliswell wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:05 pm Best of luck big man. See you when the first flush of young(ish) love wears off.
Goodnight sweet prince
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:10 pm Who do Aontù appeal to? Dyed in the wool traditional FFers?
Tobin is a prīck, always has been and I'm going right back to when he was in UCD.
Going by his FB page he seems to attract a lot of anti vaxer , scamdemic types( it’s a f**king car crash ) . Brother in law knew him in UCD too, he was an active FFer at the time
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm

A bit of a damp squib of a flounce. I'll believe it when I see it! He has other logins. But good luck with getting away from here Mullet if it really is a flounce!

And yeah, horrible story presuming it is her body. Fingers crossed just an accident although no reason to think otherwise.
Of course it's her body and of course it was an accident.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Seems to have been sorta confirmed in the reports although it was 99% likely alright. As is the likelihood of it being an accident.

Tragic.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Our hills are more dangerous than many people think. One slip in the wrong place and you're gone.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Especially if a mist comes down, at which stage you should really stop and wait it out.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

camroc1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:32 pm Especially if a mist comes down, at which stage you should really stop and wait it out.
Or take a fallback route. Or suck up your pride and call the emergency services if it is bad enough to make you nervous. Ideally you would have been trained to navigate in the hills in low to zero visibility but that's often not the case. I'd recommend doing the mountain skills courses, they're a good laugh and very, very useful.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:36 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:32 pm Especially if a mist comes down, at which stage you should really stop and wait it out.
Or take a fallback route. Or suck up your pride and call the emergency services if it is bad enough to make you nervous. Ideally you would have been trained to navigate in the hills in low to zero visibility but that's often not the case. I'd recommend doing the mountain skills courses, they're a good laugh and very, very useful.
Even taking a fallback route in open country in bad visual conditions is very dangerous.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

So now they'll wait for the EMA to take the lead https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4541174
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm So now they'll wait for the EMA to take the lead https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4541174
Given their history to date, they were never going to do otherwise.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

camroc1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm So now they'll wait for the EMA to take the lead https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4541174
No no. They only go with the EMA when it suits them. They unilaterally suspended AZ when the EMA specifically said not to. They are chancers
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

danthefan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:25 pm
paddyor wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:59 pm
No this was confirmed by NPHET. There was a an ad in the IT about it which caused a backlash and Colm Henry had to come out and confirm that the ad was correct.THen Sineid Carroll the editor of the journal tried to get some guy fired on twitter and when she got called out on it she did a tweet thread which copied the closing arguement from a Time to Kill.
I don't really know what relevance that has to the Mayo coroner but I remember this and it was f**king bizarre.
It has to do with this
And there are a few more eminent medics than the coroner from Mayo who would claim otherwise. But you can just dismiss their opinions because they're all part of your global medical conspiracy. Just like you can dismiss mine because I'm part of the feckless public sector. Handy isn't it?
Specifically the bolded part. This is confirmed by NPHET but the media don't want to talk about it(until now). The Carroll story was just a bizarre incidence of the media trying to police viewpoints including the proposed boycott of the IT for publishing the ad. And it's the type of BS that NPHEt and the govt would have to deal with if they took a more "nuanced" approach. They were accused in the early days of the pandemic of supressing the true extent of the outbreak because people couldn't get tested and you could easily see the media hopping all over somethign like this. In any case I don't think it changes NPHETs approach to the pandemic or the advice it gives anyway. If they revise down the number after the fact who cares?
Last edited by paddyor on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Floppykid wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:53 pm Has Mullet been banned? Self ban?
viewtopic.php?p=6893951#p6893951

Self ban
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm

As Stats said it was more a damp squid than anything else. Good luck Mullet and I might see you in the real world some day
I think he meant the hill runner tbf.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:08 pm I couldn't pass it up
Boooo!
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

My dad is involved in the Irish Mountain Racing Association and I asked if any of his gang knew her. Seemingly not, they don't seem to have a presence that far south.
He did mention, however, that the route goes through some very cliffy spots. Can only guess that she fell. Poor thing.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Nolanator wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:02 pm My dad is involved in the Irish Mountain Racing Association and I asked if any of his gang knew her. Seemingly not, they don't seem to have a presence that far south.
He did mention, however, that the route goes through some very cliffy spots. Can only guess that she fell. Poor thing.
I use to go down there a bit, definitely some sketchy spots in the best of weather
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:07 pm
EverReady wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm

As Stats said it was more a damp squid than anything else. Good luck Mullet and I might see you in the real world some day
I think he meant the hill runner tbf.
Ah my (Swarm) Captain, my (Swarm) Captain ... Cad a thárla, an Mhúinteoir ?

Do I have to dredge through the book thread to get the 411 on this ? What's the scéal ?

I respect anyone, especially a heavy poster, needing a flounce, but Mullet would be a massive loss if sustained. :((
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Jesus that was harrowing.

Poor woman
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

What happened to her? Just heard she was a hill Walker. I do a good bit in the mountains always easy to forget that things can go wrong and if you’re on your own you could be f**ked.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:56 pm
When, where?
he's sifting through hours of rte questioning the gubermint on their lack of a clear plan to open up society in line with the vaccination roll out and lowering numbers of 1.5 day rolling averages of new cases............here fishy fishy......!
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 pm
No no. They only go with the EMA when it suits them. They unilaterally suspended AZ when the EMA specifically said not to. They are chancers
they'll find whichever organisation says to adopt the crouch and hold position and follow them ; anything that avoids them putting on a big boy pants and making a decision themselves (what exactly are they responsible for ?)....through an abundance of caution......well, unless you're someone that had their AZ vaccination cancelled and are lot more likely to die of covid than a 1 in a million treatable blood clot
ticketlessinseattle

yup, found that out the hard way
normilet

Post by normilet »

So my wife's niece is a trainee midwife, has been in and out of the hospital doing training for months. She was working with a senior colleague on a patient who just came back positive for Covid.

Hospital sent both of them to get tested, both have unfortunately come back as positive. The annoying thing is that one of them had already had the two jab mRNA vaccine, the other had one dose of the AZ, weeks ago and both still caught it. Both have mild symptoms.

Anyway, now the nieces family are all going to get tested as they're all in the same house (and also have started to show mild symptoms). My wife went for a 5 hour walk with them a few days ago (since we're now allowed to meet people outdoors), so if they come back positive, she meets the definition of a close contact and will also have to get tested. If she comes back positive then I need to get f*cking tested. As of this morning she is also showing mild symptoms.

Odds are the wife will be negative (walk was outdoors obviously, masks etc.) and this is just a cold or something, but it's just nuts how easily this thing spreads. And irritating as hell that its happening when the case numbers are as low as they are.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

normilet wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 am So my wife's niece is a trainee midwife, has been in and out of the hospital doing training for months. She was working with a senior colleague on a patient who just came back positive for Covid.

Hospital sent both of them to get tested, both have unfortunately come back as positive. The annoying thing is that one of them had already had the two jab mRNA vaccine, the other had one dose of the AZ, weeks ago and both still caught it. Both have mild symptoms.

Anyway, now the nieces family are all going to get tested as they're all in the same house (and also have started to show mild symptoms). My wife went for a 5 hour walk with them a few days ago (since we're now allowed to meet people outdoors), so if they come back positive, she meets the definition of a close contact and will also have to get tested. If she comes back positive then I need to get f*cking tested. As of this morning she is also showing mild symptoms.

Odds are the wife will be negative (walk was outdoors obviously, masks etc.) and this is just a cold or something, but it's just nuts how easily this thing spreads. And irritating as hell that its happening when the case numbers are as low as they are.
That is going to continue for the next year or so unfortunately!
ticketlessinseattle

normilet wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 am So my wife's niece is a trainee midwife, has been in and out of the hospital doing training for months. She was working with a senior colleague on a patient who just came back positive for Covid.

thats a balls ; good luck
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

On another topic entirely:

Isn't Spring very late this year? I reckon that this prolonged spell of cold dry weather has put growth back several weeks.

The garden is barely showing any signs of life & the blossom trees seem to have stopped in mid-development. Incoming farmer complaints about a poor year.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

lilyw wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:03 am On another topic entirely:

Isn't Spring very late this year? I reckon that this prolonged spell of cold dry weather has put growth back several weeks.

The garden is barely showing any signs of life & the blossom trees seem to have stopped in mid-development. Incoming farmer complaints about a poor year.
First couple of weeks of April were very cold. This allied to an early Easter which adds to the perception that Spring is late.
ticketlessinseattle

lilyw wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:03 am On another topic entirely:

yup, even the walk to school in the morning with the kids ; the trees are still looking bare enough
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Plenty of cherry blossoms have bloomed in the last week or so.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1 ... 33697?s=20

Why ask the "Government", everyone knows you have to ask NPHET for permission these days.
normilet

Post by normilet »

https://www.thejournal.ie/pregnant-wome ... 4-Apr2021/
THREE PREGNANT WOMEN with Covid-19 were being treated in the intensive care units of Irish hospitals last weekend, it has emerged.

Dr Peter McKenna, Clinical Director of the HSE’s Women and Infants Health Programme, revealed that the women were “very unwell” with the virus.

He reported the figure at last night’s media briefing by the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET).

“I do know at the weekend there were three pregnant women who were in intensive care,” McKenna said.

“So whereas we have had a very good outcome in terms of mortality, that is not in any way way to minimise the impact it has had on those pregnant women that have been admitted to intensive care.

“Despite the fact the numbers are still falling, we still have three pregnant women who are unwell, very unwell.”
CM11

Post by CM11 »

The one dose getting it isn't surprising. The other one getting it is more serious but I guess there has to be some people in the 5-10% group (much higher for over 70s) where it doesn't prevent infection. Let us know about the family, that's more concerning as even one shot is meant to reduce transmission massively. Although I'm not sure that refers to same household members or just less likely to transmit it in the community.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Nolanator wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 am Plenty of cherry blossoms have bloomed in the last week or so.
Yep my neighbourhood is full of them and magnolias. All of them have blossomed and many other trees are starting to develop leaves at this stage.
ticketlessinseattle

EverReady wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 am
Nolanator wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 am Plenty of cherry blossoms have bloomed in the last week or so.
Mine are currently bootiful
we're still talking about flora right ?
ticketlessinseattle

EverReady wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:56 am Tones is back. Mullet leaves. Very suspicious
:lol: is Tones calling everyone a cünt ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 am

The one dose getting it isn't surprising. The other one getting it is more serious but I guess there has to be some people in the 5-10% group (much higher for over 70s) where it doesn't prevent infection. Let us know about the family, that's more concerning as even one shot is meant to reduce transmission massively. Although I'm not sure that refers to same household members or just less likely to transmit it in the community.
It’s some fucker of a virus but if the vaccine prevents serious illness that is enough
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Absolutely, and that will cover most.