Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Blackrock Bullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:02 pm Your hero isn’t here anymore.

You seem to care deeply and keep replying.

Did you have an issue with Mary McAleese marking the Battle of the Boyne? Yes or no?
No but i do have an issue with our president commerating partition. Simple really
You don’t have an issue with marking the Battle of the Boyne? It had a far more profound impact on the island of Ireland than partition.

It really does seem as though that you have an “issue” with marking partition because you have deluded yourself into thinking grandad was a hero and your self worth is tied to that. A pathetic little Shinner deep down.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:06 pm

Did you have an issue with Mary McAleese marking the Battle of the Boyne? Yes or no?
No but i do have an issue with our president commerating partition. Simple really
You don’t have an issue with marking the Battle of the Boyne? It had a far more profound impact on the island of Ireland than partition.

It really does seem as though that you have an “issue” with marking partition because you have deluded yourself into thinking grandad was a hero and your self worth is tied to that. A pathetic little Shinner deep down.
Very personal bringing my family into it to score a point. Not that it's relevant to this discussion but my grand dad spent a year in Ballykinlar camp . No big deal being a political prisoner.

1690 was a very long time ago and will be part of our culture in a future UI. Commemorations for that are fine.

Partition on the other hand has led to so many problems even today .

I alternate from FG to labour usually but with the rise of rhe shinners its likely to be FG only in future.

You stay angry though. Grrrrrrr
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

BB, there are a number of protocol problems with what the service is called - nevermind the fact that the nationalist parties in NI (SF and SDLP) are not attending.

The current Dáil is the 33rd in a continuous line from the first Dáil, which first sat, after the 1918 General election, in 1919. That Dáil claimed to represent all 32 counties of Ireland. So whilst from a British point of view partition was sanctioned by the UK parliament in 1921, Dáil Éireann never accepted that, and was in fact fighting a war against the UK armed forces against, inter alia, any such partition at the time. As far as Ireland is concerned partition only became a reality as a result of the 1922 Anglo Irish treaty, more particularly when the Boundary Commission, mandated by that Treaty, reported in 1925.

I imagine that is what was concerning to President Higgins; he was effectively being asked, as President of Ireland, to officially recognise that partition occurred in 1921, something the Government of Ireland at the time rejected. He asked that the title of the ceremony be changed, something that the organisers chose not to do. He then politely declined to attend, as was always his prerogative.

When the fact that he had declined the invitation became public, the DUP completely politicised the event anyway.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

Personally I would rather have no partition, all Ireland as part of the UK would have been my preferred situation.

The majority of the peeps in the 26 counties wanted independence. We accept this.

ATM the majority of peeps in the 6 counties want to remain in the UK. Can you guys not accept this and get on with our lives in friendship? MDH going to this church service would strengthen relations.

We are 99.9999% the same anyway, you may have more more gingers and Caravan Users, Non Tourist.
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Very personal bringing my family into it to score a point. Not that it's relevant to this discussion but my grand dad spent a year in Ballykinlar camp . No big deal being a political prisoner.

1690 was a very long time ago and will be part of our culture in a future UI. Commemorations for that are fine.

I alternate from FG to labour usually but with the rise of rhe shinners its likely to be FG only in future.

You brought your grandad in on the RIC last year. I believe you said some gibberish on all the RIC being plum and your grandad being a hero. The absolute state of you, yet out that family tree and look a bit harder as statistically you are as likely to have a tree from there. :lol:

I put your childish opposition to this in the same corner.

You invented the word “commemorate”, the letter does not say that.

It is a religious ceremony to mark partition, as Mary McAleese previously attended and hosted ceremonies on the Battle of the Boyne.

It doesn’t matter a damn if you vote FG. JC history attitudes like yours set the island back and have helped fuel the rise of SF by energising this twee Republican bullshit. These attitudes are on the same level as the DUP.

The DUP should be at any ceremony to mark the Anglo Irish Treaty and formation of the Irish Free State, out of good manners as much as anything else. That does not mean you are celebrating anything. They won’t, because they are absolute plum, and so is MDH.

The worst thing about MDH though is that this is him once again bringing his own Student Union hang ups to the Presidency. Anti imperialism, Israel, Cuba, neoliberalism…all the various nonsense he has brought to the office. He debased the office by putting it at the same level of the DUP but sadly that appears to be the level a lot of Irish people are at.
Blackrock Bullet

Bogbunny wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Personally I would rather have no partition, all Ireland as part of the UK would have been my preferred situation.

The majority of the peeps in the 26 counties wanted independence. We accept this.

ATM the majority of peeps in the 6 counties want to remain in the UK. Can you guys not accept this and get on with our lives in friendship? MDH going to this church service would strengthen relations.

We are 99.9999% the same anyway, you may have more more gingers and Caravan Users, Non Tourist.
Precisely. It really is not difficult. I posted the Mary Mc speech on the Boyne. QEII laid a wreath for the dead of the Irish War of Independence (and that is a far greater step than attending a religious service to mark something). It’s incredibly immature from our head of state but we don’t really have one, we have a guy who has always coveted the role as it is an easy one to pontificate from without having the reality of government and trade offs behind it.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

If we rejoined the union again, the same thing would happen Dublin that happened to it in 1801. London would take everything from Dublin including the all the FDI and professionals and Dublin would go into decline again.

You're correct ATM the majority do want to remain and before Brexit that wasn't a problem. You voted to leave and you have to live with it.

GFA states that after the 1st border poll, there is one every 7 yearw after. Let's do it. I expect the 1st to remain in the UK.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:20 pm

You brought your grandad in on the RIC last year. I believe you said some gibberish on all the RIC being plum and your grandad being a hero. The absolute state of you, yet out that family tree and look a bit harder as statistically you are as likely to have a tree from there. :lol:

I put your childish opposition to this in the same corner.

You invented the word “commemorate”, the letter does not say that.

It is a religious ceremony to mark partition, as Mary McAleese previously attended and hosted ceremonies on the Battle of the Boyne.

It doesn’t matter a damn if you vote FG. JC history attitudes like yours set the island back and have helped fuel the rise of SF by energising this twee Republican bullshit. These attitudes are on the same level as the DUP.

The DUP should be at any ceremony to mark the Anglo Irish Treaty and formation of the Irish Free State, out of good manners as much as anything else. That does not mean you are celebrating anything. They won’t, because they are absolute plum, and so is MDH.

The worst thing about MDH though is that this is him once again bringing his own Student Union hang ups to the Presidency. Anti imperialism, Israel, Cuba, neoliberalism…all the various nonsense he has brought to the office. He debased the office by putting it at the same level of the DUP but sadly that appears to be the level a lot of Irish people are at.
I'll tell you what's childish. Posting your degree on PR.

Your desperate attempts to be different and controversial mark you out as a knob.

Your views are the minority . Deal with it
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Long may it stay that way.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

My apologies gents that I wasn't online the past 48 hours or so.

Many thanks for all your kind messages of condolance on the passing of my Dad.... very much appreciated.
As I mentioned, he had a very long and fulfilling life and he left us with only good and happy memories.

Many thanks again guys.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

The Sun God wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm My apologies gents that I wasn't online the past 48 hours or so.

Many thanks for all your kind messages of condolance on the passing of my Dad.... very much appreciated.
As I mentioned, he had a very long and fulfilling life and he left us with only good and happy memories.

Many thanks again guys.
Going to the away Montpellier game in December TSG? Might drop down. Have friends there.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

The Sun God wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm My apologies gents that I wasn't online the past 48 hours or so.

Many thanks again guys.

Condolences mate
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Sorry to hear that, TSG. Great that you've the find memories.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Lads, I'm old. Played in a work 5 a side tournament yesterday and was so stiff today that I had to take a bath to loosen up.

Granted, cycling in to town and going to the gym beforehand, and then cycling home after a rake of pints last night probably didn't help, but I don't like this.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Nolanator wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Lads, I'm old. Played in a work 5 a side tournament yesterday and was so stiff today that I had to take a bath to loosen up.

Granted, cycling in to town and going to the gym beforehand, and then cycling home after a rake of pints last night probably didn't help, but I don't like this.
I play 5 a side twice a week.

You build up a good fitness for it over about 4 weeks.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:39 pm
Nolanator wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Lads, I'm old. Played in a work 5 a side tournament yesterday and was so stiff today that I had to take a bath to loosen up.

I play 5 a side twice a week.

You build up a good fitness for it over about 4 weeks.
Ah I know. It's been a few years since I played 5 a side or tag or anything which involves that kind of sprinting, stopping, and direction changes. I mostly stayed in nets, cuz I'm decent at filling space and using my body from years of rugby, but it resulted in lots of aggressively throwing myself on the floor, though.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Nobody has provided me with any insight as to why the churches are getting involved in commemorating partition given that it never impacted in any way the running of the individual religions on the island.

In my opinion they are sticking their nose into somewhere they should not be.
The concept of these religeons stepping into the political world is not the way forward, it was the past. It is also a past that should not be remembered fondly.
highlands

Post by highlands »

Its Northern Ireland. They are serious bible bashers up there.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Battle of the Boyne sponsored by the pope.
Should call it Boynespan or something.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Leinster in London wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:47 pm Nobody has provided me with any insight as to why the churches are getting involved in commemorating partition given that it never impacted in any way the running of the individual religions on the island.

The concept of these religeons stepping into the political world is not the way forward, it was the past. It is also a past that should not be remembered fondly.
These, or any. Scrambling for relevance.
highlands

Post by highlands »

Looks like welfare is going to be increased in the budget.
Will our politicians ever learn. Buy a few votes now only for it to be impossible to reduce when we have the next inevitable recession. Welfare rates should have been kept at the same rates when they were reduced during the financial crisis. They are already too high.
Dan O Brien was on newstalk this morning. Our public spending is 2-3 times higher than the european average.
Boom and bust lads. Boom and bust.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

highlands wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:17 pm Looks like welfare is going to be increased in the budget.
Will our politicians ever learn. Buy a few votes now only for it to be impossible to reduce when we have the next inevitable recession. Welfare rates should have been kept at the same rates when they were reduced during the financial crisis. They are already too high.
Dan O Brien was on newstalk this morning. Our public spending is 2-3 times higher than the european average.
So infuriating. FFFG are gonna rightly take a pasting in the polls next time round. Morons.
quarter2four

Post by quarter2four »

highlands wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:17 pm Looks like welfare is going to be increased in the budget.
They need to differentiate between people on welfare who have contributed and those that haven't.

Have something like the PUP level for 3 months for people who have enough PRSI contributions. gradually taper it off until after a year of not working it is down to a base level.

Disability and illness benefit should be higher than the dole. Would need to have a robust system where independent doctors would assess if people were eligible.
quarter2four

Post by quarter2four »

feckwanker wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:46 pm
So infuriating. FFFG are gonna rightly take a pasting in the polls next time round. Morons.
Populism and being all things to everyone is how politics operates here. The social media age and the emergence of the Shinners has made it worse.

On the public spending we have a huge cost base here with wages etc so not sure what can be done about that. No party will take on the public service unions to reform the system, see the I'm with the nurses campaign and the Slaintecare looking dead in the water.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Have a few cans of White Claw and you'll be fine, you big jessie
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:27 pm I'll tell you what's childish. Posting your degree on PR.

Your desperate attempts to be different and controversial mark you out as a knob.

Unable to stick to the point at hand and twice in two pages you have reached for the lines of others. Unoriginal, one thing that marks you out as a poster for sure.

More broadly, you will not acknowledge that you were wrong in saying it was a celebration. Factually incorrect but you go on about it. Either you are thick or stubborn, I hope the latter but the former can’t be ruled out. Unable to discuss how a ceremony marking partition differs from one marking the Battle of the Boyne. Deary me.

I’ll stick to the point, Senator Craughwell explains it well.
We expect so much understanding from #unionism yet a religious service of reflection & hope all some can see is partition. A religious service politicised why? I want an Ireland for everyone. We voted for the right to be Unionist through the #GFA
https://twitter.com/gcraughwell/status/ ... 55811?s=21

And the first reply nails the reaction too, this is your level, you and the other memelords on Irish Simpsons Fans. Well done!
I haven’t bothered trawling through the comments, but how long before you got called a west Brit?
Blackrock Bullet

:)
Leinster in London wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:47 pm Nobody has provided me with any insight as to why the churches are getting involved in commemorating partition given that it never impacted in any way the running of the individual religions on the island.

It is a ceremony to mark partition, that is all. Partition is a reality of this island. It isn’t that difficult a thing. You can hold whatever view you want about it and go, like we have seen the Queen and our former President perform.

The people who have an issue with it are either armchair Republicans or the likes of MDH, who doesn’t like the “imperialism” element etc.
Blackrock Bullet

Stretching can’t be overlooked anymore.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

[quote="Blackrock Bullet " post_id=7023117 time=1632000494 user_id=11316]
[quote="iarmhiman " post_id=7022919 time=1631975236 user_id=3816]
I'll tell you what's childish. Posting your degree on PR.

[/quote]

Unable to stick to the point at hand and twice in two pages you have reached for the lines of others. Unoriginal, one thing that marks you out as a poster for sure.

More broadly, you will not acknowledge that you were wrong in saying it was a celebration. Factually incorrect but you go on about it. Either you are thick or stubborn, I hope the latter but the former can’t be ruled out. Unable to discuss how a ceremony [i]marking[/i] partition differs from one [i]marking[/i] the Battle of the Boyne. Deary me.

I’ll stick to the point, Senator Craughwell explains it well.

[quote] We expect so much understanding from #unionism yet a religious service of reflection & hope all some can see is partition. A religious service politicised why? I want an Ireland for everyone. We voted for the right to be Unionist through the #GFA[/quote]

https://twitter.com/gcraughwell/status/ ... 55811?s=21

And the first reply nails the reaction too, this is your [i]level[/i], you and the other memelords on Irish Simpsons Fans. Well done!

[quote] I haven’t bothered trawling through the comments, but how long before you got called a west Brit?[/quote]
[/quote]

The battle of the Boyne happened centuries ago . Out of sight out of mind. It's not remotely comparable.

Look you have form for being arrogant on here thinking you're smarter and "different " that comes with territory of working in the legal profession and yes my history is JC level as i took maths/physics/applied maths in LC with no history. Doesn't give your opinion greater weight than mine on what offends and what doesn't or what should or should not the president do after all we both voted for him as did about 3 million others
Blackrock Bullet

The Battle of the Boyne had a more profound impact on this island than partition.

So cut the shit.

The JC history stuff is more than appropriate as it fits your mindset. You happily dismiss Shinners but are not far off them when it really comes down to the key nuts and bolts of your view on the island. Just that in your world, the “RIC” were plum. Despite the fact that they were mostly ordinary men earning a living for their family and who far more Irish people have relations to than the old IRA. That comment from you marked you out as a muppet to me last year. “My grandad” ffs. :lol:

Moderate Unionists are pissed off by this and there’s no surprise. The likes of you and MDH have put yourself on the level of the DUP.

You have an issue with ceremony to mark an anniversary and which is cross religious and supposed to be about “hope and reconciliation”. I personally don’t give a fudge about Irish unity (unlike you, who hangs around the 12th and other threads, it has no bearing today eh), but what I do care about is SF scum getting into power in the south. Your caveman attitude is helping drive that.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:03 pm The Battle of the Boyne had a more profound impact on this island than partition.

So cut the shit.

The JC history stuff is more than appropriate as it fits your mindset. You happily dismiss Shinners but are not far off them when it really comes down to the key nuts and bolts of your view on the island. Just that in your world, the “RIC” were plum. Despite the fact that they were mostly ordinary men earning a living for their family and who far more Irish people have relations to than the old IRA. That comment from you marked you out as a muppet to me last year. “My grandad” ffs. :lol:

Moderate Unionists are pissed off by this and there’s no surprise. The likes of you and MDH have put yourself on the level of the DUP.

You have an issue with ceremony to mark an anniversary and which is cross religious and supposed to be about “hope and reconciliation”. I personally don’t give a fudge about Irish unity (unlike you, who hangs around the 12th and other threads, it has no bearing today eh), but what I do care about is SF scum getting into power in the south. Your caveman attitude is helping drive that.
I had family in the RIC as well. Found him on Ancestry but yes naturally proud of my grandfather but not my grand uncle from other side who was viewed unfavourably due to RIC membership and prefer not to discuss him.

You do alao know members of the old IRA formed Fianna Fail and Cumann na nGaelheal who are the existing government today so they're not the same as the Shinners of now of which you're trying to frame me a supporter of.

You posting your degree on an annonymous message board showed me you were insecure about people perceive you.

Original point stands. He shouldn't go. No ramming your point down my throat will change that
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I'd nearly take a SF government than continue to listen to this argument.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

CM11 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:19 pm I'd nearly take a SF government than continue to listen to this argument.
I'm done. You'll get one more essay from him more than likely
CM11

Post by CM11 »

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:20 pm
CM11 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:19 pm I'd nearly take a SF government than continue to listen to this argument.
I'm done. You'll get one more essay from him more than likely
I know I can't talk about tedious arguments but Jaysus!

Anyway :thumbup:
Last edited by CM11 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:03 pm The Battle of the Boyne had a more profound impact on this island than partition.

So cut the shit.

I had family in the RIC as well. Found him on Ancestry but yes naturally proud of my grandfather but not my grand uncle from other side who was viewed unfavourably due to RIC membership and prefer not to discuss him.

You do alao know members of the old IRA formed Fianna Fail and Cumann na nGaelheal who are the existing government today so they're not the same as the Shinners of now of which you're trying to frame me a supporter of.

You posting your degree on an annonymous message board showed me you were insecure about people perceive you.

Original point stands. He shouldn't go. No ramming your point down my throat will change that
I posted my employment contract too, it was great. I get more mileage out of the former though.

Your original point doesn’t “stand”, that’s an opinion. Your issues were;

1) title of “President of the Republic of Ireland”
2) it was a “commemoration”

You’re an absolute wanker btw, you have no idea how your grand uncle put food on the table. Joining the RIC was a natural decision for many back then, yet you sit here and judge, with your JC view of Irish history.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

There you go stats. That should be it.
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:35 pm There you go stats. That should be it.
Until the next Glorious 12th thread, which you’ll be all over with your caveman bile no doubt.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:37 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:35 pm There you go stats. That should be it.
Until the next Glorious 12th thread, which you’ll be all over with your caveman bile no doubt.
I'll just use the existing one. Didn't realise it got on your tits as well. Even better
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:40 pm
I'll just use the existing one. Didn't realise it got on your tits as well. Even better
Nah, I tend to avoid it. I’ll leave you to moaning about the DUP and Orangemen but know deep down you are as bad as them. :thumbup:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:46 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:40 pm
Nah, I tend to avoid it. I’ll leave you to moaning about the DUP and Orangemen but know deep down you are as bad as them. :thumbup:
Don't care about that.

My interests with NI are deeply related to how it affects our place and access to EU and single market respectively in the coming years. UI would be nice but not at our single market access expense. It's a nice aspiration but down the list.

With Lord Frost and the DUP about to tear up this protocol rocky few months ahead for Ireland.