Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
User avatar
Leinster in London
Posts: 6235
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinster in London »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:31 pm :)
Leinster in London wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:47 pm Nobody has provided me with any insight as to why the churches are getting involved in commemorating partition given that it never impacted in any way the running of the individual religions on the island.

In my opinion they are sticking their nose into somewhere they should not be.
The concept of these religeons stepping into the political world is not the way forward, it was the past. It is also a past that should not be remembered fondly.
It is a ceremony to mark partition, that is all. Partition is a reality of this island. It isn’t that difficult a thing. You can hold whatever view you want about it and go, like we have seen the Queen and our former President perform.

The people who have an issue with it are either armchair Republicans or the likes of MDH, who doesn’t like the “imperialism” element etc.
Will the religious community have a ceremony marking divorce? abortion?
These are realities on this island too.
Who will be the first to marry couples of the same sex?
These are realities which the broad church still ignores.
Let them have their ceremony marking a political reality, and let them consider how much murder took place under their name, and let them apologise to the rest of the population of Ireland for the devestation their beliefs have brought to the island.
As a man who does not put religion to the forefront of his ethos, it is not surprising MDH stands back wondering wtf is this ceremony about.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16459
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

If this is true, this will be a disaster for Dublin.

https://twitter.com/graememcq/status/14 ... 33697?s=21
iarmhiman
Posts: 46736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Everytime they keep kicking the can.

Eamon useless Ryan
iarmhiman
Posts: 46736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Next government it won't happen either. All the money will go to the black hole that is the HSE and benefits
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

FFS, whatever about the Metro, Dart Plus was absolutly critical particularly now that they're gradually limiting access to the city centre via cars. Clowns
iarmhiman
Posts: 46736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

I'm guessing the narrative will be that the money is instead going towards building housing.

The truth is that pledge years ago to have metro built was purely campaigning. There is no appetite to build this.

Iarnrod Eireann even said they could build a DART spur to Balgriffin which is over open fields but that was interfered with and Metro put back as the objective.

It will never happen. Absolutely useless
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 12594
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lorcanoworms »

There's probably a rare snail in the way, one that only lives on the proposed route.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 42138
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:09 am If this is true, this will be a disaster for Dublin.

https://twitter.com/graememcq/status/14 ... 33697?s=21
That is just so disappointing if true. What kind of a major city doesn’t have a rail link to the airport - we are a joke of a city really without one. Two things that just need a strong government to get on with - the airport rail link/metro/dart underground and the Limerick to Cork motorway. If they don’t build the latter now then it may never happen due to the growing climate change lobby.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16459
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

People care when there is overspend on infrastructure, whether right or left.

The left don’t care about overspend on welfare today and that’s where they all see the votes.

The priorities and interests are all out of whack. Bertie Ahern deserves credit for building all that his government did, though conditions s were much more favourable.
Nolanator
Posts: 40258
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:34 pm
Nolanator wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Lads, I'm old. Played in a work 5 a side tournament yesterday and was so stiff today that I had to take a bath to loosen up.


Granted, cycling in to town and going to the gym beforehand, and then cycling home after a rake of pints last night probably didn't help, but I don't like this.
Stretching can’t be overlooked anymore.
Stayed up drinking all night with mates instead. Didn't make things better. A different approach may be required for recovery. Hmm.
iarmhiman
Posts: 46736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Nolanator wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:12 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:34 pm
Nolanator wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm Lads, I'm old. Played in a work 5 a side tournament yesterday and was so stiff today that I had to take a bath to loosen up.


Granted, cycling in to town and going to the gym beforehand, and then cycling home after a rake of pints last night probably didn't help, but I don't like this.
Stretching can’t be overlooked anymore.
Stayed up drinking all night with mates instead. Didn't make things better. A different approach may be required for recovery. Hmm.
You're early 30s Nols.

Wait until you start getting 2 day hangovers. I can't really drink anymore .
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 16074
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:12 pm People care when there is overspend on infrastructure, whether right or left.

The left don’t care about overspend on welfare today and that’s where they all see the votes.

The priorities and interests are all out of whack. Bertie Ahern deserves credit for building all that his government did, though conditions s were much more favourable.
Berlin suggests they do nowadays.
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 12594
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lorcanoworms »

Still don't get hangovers, booze does keep me awake all night nowadays though.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16459
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

anonymous_joe wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:12 pm People care when there is overspend on infrastructure, whether right or left.

The left don’t care about overspend on welfare today and that’s where they all see the votes.

The priorities and interests are all out of whack. Bertie Ahern deserves credit for building all that his government did, though conditions s were much more favourable.
Berlin suggests they do nowadays.
How do they manage it?
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16459
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

There’s a perception that Ireland’s monster debt – it will be €240 billion by the end of the year, on a per capita basis the third highest in the world, was put there by band of rogue bankers. And that we as a people have been victims of a terrible wrong.

The truth of course is more sticky, more unpalatable than the bar stool narratives we tell ourselves.

Most of the debt – more than €100 billion – arose from a sequence of budget deficits run up in the wake of the 2008 financial crash and linked to then government’s mismanagement of the public finances, a government that we voted into office three times in succession.

The former Fianna Fáil-led administration had spent lavishly in 2000s while using windfall taxes from the property sector to plug the holes in its accounts.

Deficit
When these taxes dried up, the deficit ballooned. At the height of the crisis in 2009 the deficit was €23 billion. That meant the State was spending €23 billion more than it was taking in by way of taxes and other income.

This necessitated borrowing on a grand scale, which went on – to a varying extent – for a decade until the State ran a budget surplus in 2018.

The original cost of bailing out the banks was €64 billion but this has been clawed back to around €40 billion by way of levies, dividends and share selloffs arising out of the State’s ownership of the banks.

It’s a big number, but less than half the bill foisted upon us from budgetary mismanagement, none of which can be clawed back.

On a per capita basis, the State’s debt figure equates to €46,000 for every man, woman and child in the State and €103,300 for every worker.

And the cost of servicing it has cost us €60 billion over the past decade: equivalent to three years of health spending. Make no mistake the State is paying for its boom time folly.

So it behoves us to sit up and listen when the Irish Fiscal Advisory Council (Ifac) sounds a note of caution about the Government’s budgetary strategy, particularly when it claims we’re sailing close to unsustainable debt trajectory.

And not to dismiss the council’s critique, as some do, as an act of fiscal pedantry, far removed from the realpolitik of government.

While the €4.2 billion spending hike earmarked for Budget 2022 is broadly welcomed, the council takes issue with the Government’s medium-term budgetary strategy, which envisages a series of much bigger budget deficits out to 2025 and nearly €19 billion in additional borrowing.

Debt
This will leave the State with a bigger and less manageable debt up the line and therefore more exposed to the next crisis. There was now a one in four chance of the national debt moving on to an unsustainable trajectory in the years ahead, it said.

The council also warned that borrowing and ramping up spending during a strong recovery could “backfire” triggering an acceleration in prices if capacity constraints, most notably in the construction sector, bite.

You would think that as a country with a big debt, the chief threat here is rising interest rates, something that is likely to arise if the current pick-up in inflation proves longer than expected.

Ifac has stress-tested the Irish economy against possible interest rate hikes and growth shocks, finding the latter poses a greater problem.

While a big 2 percentage point shock to the Government’s borrowing costs would add just 0.4 percentage points to the debt ratio in three years it would barely raise annual funding costs. This is largely because the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) bond issuance is long-dated and, in the main, fixed rate.

In contrast a typical growth shock of 3.6 per cent for two years could add over 20 percentage points to the debt ratio in three years. “With high debt ratios to begin with, this could snowball and make it difficult to pull down debt ratios in later years,” it said.

Two years ago, NTMA chief Conor O’Kelly was asked what the chief financial risks facing the agency were and if it had a Brexit contingency plan.

He said the agency operated on “permanent contingency” basis . As a small, highly-indebted economy, which relies on international investors for 90 per cent of its borrowings, he said Ireland and the NTMA needed to be in a permanent state of crisis readiness.

The reality is that the next shock, the next thing that will hit our funding market, will probably be something that we have not yet thought of and is not on the front page of every newspaper in the world, O’Kelly said. Nine months later, the Covid crisis hit and the global economy fell off a cliff and the NTMA’s borrowing plans were out the window.

This goes to the heart of Ifac’s commentary: it’s not a case of wondering if there will be another recession or if there will be another financial shock, that’s a given, they’re coming on average every 10 years.

Downturns are part of the natural cycle, financial shocks are part of the global economy. The question is, will you be in a position to borrow and spend your way out of it.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/eco ... -1.4678097

These figures need to be quoted at every lefty out there when they start talking about “de bankers”.
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 16074
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:19 pm
anonymous_joe wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:12 pm People care when there is overspend on infrastructure, whether right or left.

The left don’t care about overspend on welfare today and that’s where they all see the votes.

The priorities and interests are all out of whack. Bertie Ahern deserves credit for building all that his government did, though conditions s were much more favourable.
Berlin suggests they do nowadays.
How do they manage it?
I mean the disastrous airport there.

People do complain about public works nowadays.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

https://www.thejournal.ie/hospitla-fami ... 5-Sep2021/

And the sad thing is, even if this man died (and it's still not a given that he'll recover) they'd dismiss their part in his death and weasel out of it blaming the conspiracy.
iarmhiman
Posts: 46736
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

What is the obsession of the far right with Leo ?

They were outside his house earlier. Some vile stuff on that twitter vid
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 16459
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:18 pm https://www.thejournal.ie/hospitla-fami ... 5-Sep2021/

And the sad thing is, even if this man died (and it's still not a given that he'll recover) they'd dismiss their part in his death and weasel out of it blaming the conspiracy.
Looks like a very unhealthy individual.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

So Squirrel Scramble out of business. Another fantastic outdoor facility, primarily for children, closed thanks to the litigation industry.

I reckon as penance, AJ and chums should take it upon themselves to entertain our children at the weekends given they're making sure there's nothing fun for them to do anymore.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Ah shit! I'd been planning on bringing the kids there soon.
Base out near Maynooth closed in March last year and announced recently they weren't reopening. It was always a great destination for school birthday parties :((
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:31 am Ah shit! I'd been planning on bringing the kids there soon.
Base out near Maynooth closed in March last year and announced recently they weren't reopening. It was always a great destination for school birthday parties :((
They're crossing their fingers they'll get a better offer for next season but we've heard that before. Insurance went from 26k to 88k.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10147
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

redderneck wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:20 pm
Leinster in London wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 am
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 am A lot of controversy over Michael D not attending that "religious" ceremony in Armagh.

I think he's correct for not attending. A "religious" ceremony celebrating the partition of our island. Give me a break.
Did you see that they did not actually invite The President of Ireland, they invited the President of the Republic.

Not surprised he ignored it, as it is an official slight to misaddress correspondence to a person in his position. He also points out that the DUP are a strange animal commenting on his absence given that they normally do not turn up to most other invitations he accepted from unis and the like.
They sent it addressed as it was, quite consciously, in order to provoke the response they got. To allow them blow sectarian smoke up their arse and leak their opprobrium in the way they have done.

Believe me. Both sides - all sides indeed - have been playing this game of diplomatic snakes and ladders for long enough to know exactly what protocol applies.

Fcuk 'em. Carry on Miggledee, good man.

Best approach to take is that it shouldn't be given oxygen.
nail on the head
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10147
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

story in Sunday Times about Zappone flying business class while working to get Ireland on UN Security Council despite being told in advance by dept of foreign affairs that she was only entitled to economy - she went ahead anyway and end of the day Dept of kids picked up the bills.....what a gee bag


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kath ... -72cqgr08v
User avatar
Conspicuous
Posts: 7932
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Conspicuous »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am story in Sunday Times about Zappone flying business class while working to get Ireland on UN Security Council despite being told in advance by dept of foreign affairs that she was only entitled to economy - she went ahead anyway and end of the day Dept of kids picked up the bills.....what a gee bag


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kath ... -72cqgr08v
Sweet jesus what an idiot
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 13583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by The Sun God »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:26 pm
The Sun God wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm Have they lifted the ban on travel to USA TSG or are you an American citizen?
I got an NIE ( National interest exemption) visa . Long story but it was to do with the 9/11 commemoration last weekend.
You were working down Wall St way on 9/11, weren't you ?
The trading floor I was based in at that time was actually in the South tower.... I was at a breakfast meeting in Midtown that morning but normally would have been at my desk two hours before the event.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 11181
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am story in Sunday Times about Zappone flying business class while working to get Ireland on UN Security Council despite being told in advance by dept of foreign affairs that she was only entitled to economy - she went ahead anyway and end of the day Dept of kids picked up the bills.....what a gee bag


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kath ... -72cqgr08v
Pity it wasn't a one-way ticket.
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 13583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by The Sun God »

Winnie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:51 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:47 pm Higgins declined the invitation politely.

Someone leaked that when he was on an official visit to Rome.

Various Unionist politicians suddenly became Irish constitutional experts, with Donaldson coming out with the pearler that it was a deliberate snub by the Irish government.

Higgins and Coveney clarified.

End of story.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He said it was because they made it political and called him President of the ROI
He's a lying bigoted wee rat
Stop trying to defend it
He has damaged massively the thought that unionists would be respected in any UI
Sorry , I am just catching up with this thread but what you have said there is incorrect.
His issue was the title of the event. In passing he initially mentioned the fact that he had been addressed erroneously but then corrected himself saying that it was in fact Bigot-in -chief and cúnt extraordinaire, Jeffrey Donaldson that had been the culprit and not the organisers of the service.
Last edited by The Sun God on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10147
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:15 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am story in Sunday Times about Zappone flying business class while working to get Ireland on UN Security Council despite being told in advance by dept of foreign affairs that she was only entitled to economy - she went ahead anyway and end of the day Dept of kids picked up the bills.....what a gee bag


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kath ... -72cqgr08v
Pity it wasn't a one-way ticket.
apparently it wasnt even just one trip ; there were a number of trips which makes it alot worse
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 13583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by The Sun God »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:35 am
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:15 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am story in Sunday Times about Zappone flying business class while working to get Ireland on UN Security Council despite being told in advance by dept of foreign affairs that she was only entitled to economy - she went ahead anyway and end of the day Dept of kids picked up the bills.....what a gee bag


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kath ... -72cqgr08v
Pity it wasn't a one-way ticket.
apparently it wasnt even just one trip ; there were a number of trips which makes it alot worse
What a stupid cow.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10147
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

The Sun God wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am
camroc1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:26 pm
The Sun God wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm Have they lifted the ban on travel to USA TSG or are you an American citizen?
I got an NIE ( National interest exemption) visa . Long story but it was to do with the 9/11 commemoration last weekend.
You were working down Wall St way on 9/11, weren't you ?
The trading floor I was based in at that time was actually in the South tower.... I was at a breakfast meeting in Midtown that morning but normally would have been at my desk two hours before the event.
holy fcuk ; I used to work in the Woolworth buidling around the corner ; moved to Seattle a coupl of years b4 9/11 - was in Alaska on 9/11 and called a mate at Woolworth - company had been there since 1916 and moved to midtown 6 months pre 9/11
User avatar
redderneck
Posts: 16333
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by redderneck »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:35 am
Leinsterman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:15 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am story in Sunday Times about Zappone flying business class while working to get Ireland on UN Security Council despite being told in advance by dept of foreign affairs that she was only entitled to economy - she went ahead anyway and end of the day Dept of kids picked up the bills.....what a gee bag


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kath ... -72cqgr08v
Pity it wasn't a one-way ticket.
apparently it wasnt even just one trip ; there were a number of trips which makes it alot worse
I may be completely wrong, but I always thought Ministers flew Business Class as SOP. Officials not, unless a special case can be made for the circumstances, such as duration of flight(s), itinerary, pressing need to deliver briefing/advice to Minister and suchlike. For sure, DFA officers do not fly business to East Coast USA, but I'd have 'expected' a Minister to.

Not privy to any special conditions which may have pertained to UNSC related campaigning; perhaps to keep costs down there was a DPER direction to DFA for all East Coast USA travel to be economy as standard, for all involved. Don't know.

But if there was a clear instruction to book economy (which was not in error) which she went against, then that should be coming out of her pocket. Not yours and mine.
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 13583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by The Sun God »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:39 am
The Sun God wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am
camroc1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:26 pm
The Sun God wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:18 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm Have they lifted the ban on travel to USA TSG or are you an American citizen?
I got an NIE ( National interest exemption) visa . Long story but it was to do with the 9/11 commemoration last weekend.
You were working down Wall St way on 9/11, weren't you ?
The trading floor I was based in at that time was actually in the South tower.... I was at a breakfast meeting in Midtown that morning but normally would have been at my desk two hours before the event.
holy fcuk ; I used to work in the Woolworth buidling around the corner ; moved to Seattle a coupl of years b4 9/11 - was in Alaska on 9/11 and called a mate at Woolworth - company had been there since 1916 and moved to midtown 6 months pre 9/11
I know it well, beautiful old building. The SEC moved in there from 7 WTC post 9/11...... not that I might have had any dealings with them !!!!!
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 16074
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

CM11 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:12 am So Squirrel Scramble out of business. Another fantastic outdoor facility, primarily for children, closed thanks to the litigation industry.

I reckon as penance, AJ and chums should take it upon themselves to entertain our children at the weekends given they're making sure there's nothing fun for them to do anymore.
Is this one of those classic insurance payouts have been steady for the last 10 years but our premium went up 300%?

Who could be the problem there? :roll:
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 16074
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

On a separate note, how serious is this China shíte at the moment?

I know their economy has been somewhat artificially described for the last few years, but is this a blip or something more severe?
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 10147
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

The Sun God wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:39 am
The Sun God wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am
camroc1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:26 pm
The Sun God wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:18 pm

I got an NIE ( National interest exemption) visa . Long story but it was to do with the 9/11 commemoration last weekend.
You were working down Wall St way on 9/11, weren't you ?
The trading floor I was based in at that time was actually in the South tower.... I was at a breakfast meeting in Midtown that morning but normally would have been at my desk two hours before the event.
holy fcuk ; I used to work in the Woolworth buidling around the corner ; moved to Seattle a coupl of years b4 9/11 - was in Alaska on 9/11 and called a mate at Woolworth - company had been there since 1916 and moved to midtown 6 months pre 9/11 ;
I know it well, beautiful old building. The SEC moved in there from 7 WTC post 9/11...... not that I might have had any dealings with them !!!!!
yeah ; fantastic old building - Woolworth owned Footlocker and a bunch of other retail chains at the time ; to say there was a clash of cultures would be an understatement ; didnt know the SEC moved in there ;- staring up at the gargoyles while waiting for a meeting must have been fun !
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 64614
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:41 am
CM11 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:12 am So Squirrel Scramble out of business. Another fantastic outdoor facility, primarily for children, closed thanks to the litigation industry.

I reckon as penance, AJ and chums should take it upon themselves to entertain our children at the weekends given they're making sure there's nothing fun for them to do anymore.
Is this one of those classic insurance payouts have been steady for the last 10 years but our premium went up 300%?

Who could be the problem there? :roll:
Not my problem, expect the kids at 10am this Sunday. :thumbup:
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 42138
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:41 am
CM11 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:12 am So Squirrel Scramble out of business. Another fantastic outdoor facility, primarily for children, closed thanks to the litigation industry.

I reckon as penance, AJ and chums should take it upon themselves to entertain our children at the weekends given they're making sure there's nothing fun for them to do anymore.
Is this one of those classic insurance payouts have been steady for the last 10 years but our premium went up 300%?

Who could be the problem there? :roll:
No dipshit it’s yet another international insurer leaving the Irish market because it’s not a safe place to do business with out crazy legal system
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 13583
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by The Sun God »

anonymous_joe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:51 am On a separate note, how serious is this China shíte at the moment?

I know their economy has been somewhat artificially described for the last few years, but is this a blip or something more severe?
It's certainly a warning shot across the bow of their model which encourages debt as a means of increasing GDP. The property sector accounts for over 20% of Chinese GDP and needs exponential increases in lending to effect annual change on their overall GDP.
While Evergrande is only half the size Lehman's were and could be bailed out at the stroke of a pen, it would signify a policy failure of large proportions for Xi Jinping and Chinese politicos don't usual come out the far end of losing so much face.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 42138
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:15 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am story in Sunday Times about Zappone flying business class while working to get Ireland on UN Security Council despite being told in advance by dept of foreign affairs that she was only entitled to economy - she went ahead anyway and end of the day Dept of kids picked up the bills.....what a gee bag


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kath ... -72cqgr08v
Pity it wasn't a one-way ticket.
You may not be too far wide of the mark there
Post Reply