Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
My primary school had that 25 years ago.
User avatar
Liathroidigloine
Posts: 8478
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Liathroidigloine »

alliswell wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
My primary school had that 25 years ago.
That explains plenty.
User avatar
sewa
Posts: 22113
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by sewa »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
alliswell wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
My primary school had that 25 years ago.
That explains plenty.
Why does it bother you, is there some urge you are trying to suppress? We won't judge you
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 15864
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
The student council of 12 year olds and below deciding, this world. :uhoh:
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 15864
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

alliswell wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
My primary school had that 25 years ago.
No it's skirts and trousers, but you can wear whichever you want.
Nolanator
Posts: 39742
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
Am I missing something important here?

Who cares?
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by alliswell »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
alliswell wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
My primary school had that 25 years ago.
That explains plenty.
The school was in a disadvantaged area. The idea being that the uniform could be handed down from sister to brother or between families as was the style at the time. It was a really great school that did an awful lot of good for the community and for a group of kids who had some pretty tough times outside.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Sure all the uniforms these days were just PE gear in my time.

Too much to ask they wear grey slacks and a tie, shirt and jumper.
Nolanator
Posts: 39742
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Mullet 2 wrote:Sure all the uniforms these days were just PE gear in my time.

Too much to ask they wear grey slacks and a tie, shirt and jumper.
For primary school kids? Yeah, it's ridiculous.
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 15740
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

Don't forget a decent blazer.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Nolanator wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:Sure all the uniforms these days were just PE gear in my time.

Too much to ask they wear grey slacks and a tie, shirt and jumper.
For primary school kids? Yeah, it's ridiculous.

:lol: :lol:

Why am I not shocked the willy chopper is in favour.

You see no link with the break down of respect etc no doubt.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 9659
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Nolanator wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
Am I missing something important here?

Who cares?
yes, the outrage from private school boys at not having their skull and cross bones crest displayed on their blazers.....you'll read all about in Ross O'Carroll Kelly's dad's mont blanced penned letter this weekend
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Oh spare us the working class hero routine you boring little chimney sweep
User avatar
sewa
Posts: 22113
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by sewa »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
yes, the outrage from private school boys at not having their skull and cross bones crest displayed on their blazers.....you'll read all about in Ross O'Carroll Kelly's dad's mont blanced penned letter this weekend
The boys couldn't exist without the old school tie. They'd collapse in a panic
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19479
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

Mullet 2 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:Sure all the uniforms these days were just PE gear in my time.

Too much to ask they wear grey slacks and a tie, shirt and jumper.
For primary school kids? Yeah, it's ridiculous.

:lol: :lol:

Why am I not shocked the willy chopper is in favour.

You see no link with the break down of respect etc no doubt.
:?
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

I love a good smilie
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20501
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by nardol »

anonymous_joe wrote:
nardol wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
nardol wrote:
And the state appealing the case in the first place is what? A double bluff? They are appealing but they really want to lose the case?

Nonsense.

The state is a party in the case, of course it's going to want a certain outcome. That doesn't automatically result in trias politica being done away with.

It's separation of powers not separation of desired outcome.
The State is allowed appeal anything it's a party to.

However, commenting externally and seeking to sidestep the legal process is not ok.
Explain to me how appealing to the courts is sidestepping the legal process?

Any comments made were of zero legal consequence and merely stating that for political reasons the state - regardless of the outcome of the case - would take the money back from a person with cancer. There are zero toes being stepped on... other than the Minister dancing on taxpayers toes by flogging their money.
Are you thick? I said they're allowed to appeal.

I said a minister commenting in the media in a manner which may interfere with the administration of justice is not appropriate.
Don't go throwing out insults because you made a claim that's complete BS and have now made a hole you can't get out of.

Saying the state will not take the money off the sick lady has no influence on the arguments of law.

State appealing indicates they want to win the case... or why appeal? This was a retort to you saying that the Minister not wanting the money back is interfering with the judiciary because it indicates he doesn't want to win.
Last edited by nardol on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 19321
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Flametop »

Nolanator
Posts: 39742
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:A national school in Greystones is introducing gender neutral uniforms. We should forget about fixing climate change, speed it up and wipe our selves out as soon as possible.
Am I missing something important here?

Who cares?
yes, the outrage from private school boys at not having their skull and cross bones crest displayed on their blazers.....you'll read all about in Ross O'Carroll Kelly's dad's mont blanced penned letter this weekend
I went to one of those private schools.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 40137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

I think we only have one private school in Ireland
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Flametop wrote:Give us our cash back Mullet.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cso-malahide-4690048-Jun2019/
Paint my chicken coop
User avatar
Flametop
Posts: 19321
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Flametop »

Mullet 2 wrote:
Flametop wrote:Give us our cash back Mullet.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cso-malahide-4690048-Jun2019/
Paint my chicken coop
Is it on Grove Road, I’m not doing it if you’re in Seapark.
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 15740
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

nardol wrote:
Don't go throwing out insults because you made a claim that's complete BS and have now made a hole you can't get out of.

Saying the state will not take the money off the sick lady has no influence on the arguments of law.

State appealing indicates they want to win the case... or why appeal? This was a retort to you saying that the Minister not wanting the money back is interfering with the judiciary because it indicates he doesn't want to win.
Even your strawman argument is wrong. :lol:

A minister telling a court that he's appealing a judgment but that he won't take the money back from the Respondent is clearly inviting that court to find for him. That's utterly inappropriate. If you don't understand the rationale for the law surrounding public discussion of a sub judice matter, that's on you.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

School uniforms for junior and senior infants is ridiculous, perhaps even for first class as well.
The problem though is they don't do enough PE. One hour a week in my daughter's place, FFS.
There's already some kids in my daughter's class who could be pushing Type 2 diabetes in a few years. :((
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Leinsterman wrote:School uniforms for junior and senior infants is ridiculous, perhaps even for first class as well.
The problem though is they don't do enough PE. One hour a week in my daughter's place, FFS.
There's already some kids in my daughter's class who could be pushing Type 2 diabetes in a few years. :((

More hippy talk.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

I want the kids doing more sport in school. That's hardly hippy talk.
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20501
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by nardol »

anonymous_joe wrote:
nardol wrote:
Don't go throwing out insults because you made a claim that's complete BS and have now made a hole you can't get out of.

Saying the state will not take the money off the sick lady has no influence on the arguments of law.

State appealing indicates they want to win the case... or why appeal? This was a retort to you saying that the Minister not wanting the money back is interfering with the judiciary because it indicates he doesn't want to win.
Even your strawman argument is wrong. :lol:

A minister telling a court that he's appealing a judgment but that he won't take the money back from the Respondent is clearly inviting that court to find for him. That's utterly inappropriate. If you don't understand the rationale for the law surrounding public discussion of a sub judice matter, that's on you.
You're really scrabbling now :lol:

Sub judice has next to NO relevance outside of criminal cases. In fact freedom of speech for non criminal cases almost in every instance weighs more heavily.

And since when do arguments of law get clarified backwards?

The appeal won't be before a jury I assume? In which case your sub judice argument holds no weight at all.
Last edited by nardol on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Leinsterman wrote:I want the kids doing more sport in school. That's hardly hippy talk.

You want them dressed however they so please.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 40137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote:School uniforms for junior and senior infants is ridiculous, perhaps even for first class as well.
The problem though is they don't do enough PE. One hour a week in my daughter's place, FFS.
There's already some kids in my daughter's class who could be pushing Type 2 diabetes in a few years. :((
It’s insane. It should be 1 hour per day, it’s more important than an hour’s lesson at this stage. We need to wake up
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Mullet 2 wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:I want the kids doing more sport in school. That's hardly hippy talk.

You want them dressed however they so please.
You'll be hard pressed to find where I wrote that.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:School uniforms for junior and senior infants is ridiculous, perhaps even for first class as well.
The problem though is they don't do enough PE. One hour a week in my daughter's place, FFS.
There's already some kids in my daughter's class who could be pushing Type 2 diabetes in a few years. :((
It’s insane. It should be 1 hour per day, it’s more important than an hour’s lesson at this stage. We need to wake up
If they ditched religion then they'd have plenty of time

Now THAT'S proper hippy talk for you, Mullet :D
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 40137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:School uniforms for junior and senior infants is ridiculous, perhaps even for first class as well.
The problem though is they don't do enough PE. One hour a week in my daughter's place, FFS.
There's already some kids in my daughter's class who could be pushing Type 2 diabetes in a few years. :((
It’s insane. It should be 1 hour per day, it’s more important than an hour’s lesson at this stage. We need to wake up
If they ditched religion then they'd have plenty of time

Now THAT'S proper hippy talk for you, Mullet :D
Let’s be honest here, they need to drop Irish
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

You'll have Mullet out marching with Gemma if you're not careful.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 40137
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote:You'll have Mullet out marching with Gemma if you're not careful.
See Gemma and Co are allegedly making vexatious complaints to the medical council about Ciara Kelly due to her anti vaxxer stance
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

Leinsterman wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:I want the kids doing more sport in school. That's hardly hippy talk.

You want them dressed however they so please.
You'll be hard pressed to find where I wrote that.

"School uniforms for junior and senior infants is ridiculous, perhaps even for first class as well."

Eh right here
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

How is that the child's opinion?
C'mon, that's weak.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

See many parents standing up to their kids these days do you?

Half the mothers are in PJs ffs at least uniforms make the children look respectable
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Mullet 2 wrote:See many parents standing up to their kids these days do you?

Half the mothers are in PJs ffs at least uniforms make the children look respectable
See, you've gone all George Hook on us.
I'll let you in on something. My kids actually couldn't care less what they wear to school. Do you know why? It's because they're too young to know otherwise. They'd wear absolutely anything (apart from Munster gear) they're given because they're more excited about the fact of being in school than anything else. Same applies to their classmates.
I have absolutely no problem with uniforms. In fact, I think they're great and have no problem with the kids wearing them. However, I don't think kids under 7 should wear them, primarily because a uniform is sh1te for PE and lots of kids under 7 are incapable of getting out of the uniform into PE gear and then change back afterwards. As a result the uniform gets destroyed and if you don't get in the door until late in the evening, you have to throw the fcuking thing into the wash and then get it dried for the next morning so they don't look like a bloody tinker going to school.
Mullet 2

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

So of the kids don't give a shít then the reason you don't like uniforms is bone idle parents.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10635
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Mullet 2 wrote:So of the kids don't give a shít then the reason you don't like uniforms is bone idle parents.
Yeah 8)

Come back to us when you have some of your own [/high horse]
Post Reply