Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1918, 1919, 1920 ... 1962  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm 

I genuinely had a lot of affection for it also but for every O'Toole you got a Myers.

Now it's just bollocks

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:37 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
I see Gavin Cummiskey has taken another shot at Rory Best in the Irish Times over the Belfast rape trial. What a piece of shit dragging this up again just to get clicks. Anyone who still supports that paper needs to take a look at themselves they are a complete rag these days.

I genuinely prefer the Indo these days.

Hobson's choice.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:37 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
I see Gavin Cummiskey has taken another shot at Rory Best in the Irish Times over the Belfast rape trial. What a piece of shit dragging this up again just to get clicks. Anyone who still supports that paper needs to take a look at themselves they are a complete rag these days.

I genuinely prefer the Indo these days.

It's been shite for years unfortunately. Was left of centre when I was young but edited pretty well. Lot of good journalists and the anti-establishment stuff seemed righteous with all the church and state scandals. That has given way to a mix a very shallow journalism, straight up trot press officers, click bait merchants and general shite hawkery. Pity as I really loved it years ago

I long for the halcyon days of the Irish Press. Dev would have asked McQuaid to exorcise Covid.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:45 pm 

I tend to read the british indo these days, for want of choice.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:47 pm 

My dad loved the Press. I remember being surprised it died as it was both readable and had the ear of the main parties supporters. Must read up what happened.
Totally agree Mullet. Now they have Breda as the 'typical' right winger. It's disingenuous to the extreme

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Chief misery junkie Una thinks the tech companies and the tens of thousands of jobs they bring to Dublin are a terrible idea:

Quote:
Una Mullally
@UnaMullally
The tech companies Ireland lured, who channelled billions through here, are now at the forefront of saying offices are past tense.

If you don’t need an office you don’t need a base.

It was never about a “talented workforce.” It’s about profit.

This was always a bad idea.

She's getting a pasting in the comments tbf.

Whose cash did she think kept that shithole the GBS open for so long?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 pm 

Just looking at Una's Twitter there and hadn't realised she was a straight up shinner. I knew she had written some Mary is a strong beautiful women articles but she is doing podcasts etc extolling her virtues

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 pm 

EverReady wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:
EverReady wrote:
The revolution will kick off from here. Hospitality industry will be gone https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... Pn7T0-DCcc

Would staycationers be enough to offset it? Not many people will holiday abroad for the foreseeable

Nah people won't be confident enough in the economy to drop a few thousand lids on a staycation. It's a gonna be a carnage as our Eyetie friends would exactly say

I think confidence is still reasonably okay for now believe it or not. A lot of people have kept their jobs and are itching to get back to normal. They will certainly be a bit more cautious and that will hit the high end of the market. I’m more worried about job losses in the second 6 months of the year. A lot of job losses will absolute fudge us. A lot of companies will use this an excuse too.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:09 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Just looking at Una's Twitter there and hadn't realised she was a straight up shinner. I knew she had written some Mary is a strong beautiful women articles but she is doing podcasts etc extolling her virtues

She’s a very dangerous idiot.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:11 pm 

All the while going on about how empowering the Marriage ref was, guess what government brought that in Una?

To everyone being even mildly critical of her MNC "point", she "sending love and positive vibes" too, as if they're being rude trolls. :lol:

Alright Una.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 pm 

Quote:
Basing all of society around selfishness and then letting the most deviant and ruthless exploit others and destroy the planet for a quick buck is clearly working well. Then tell the poor it's their own fault. Ayn Rand fetishised a serial killer and now we've got John Galt dolts.

In response to

Quote:
Yes, profit is a bad idea. Losing money is much better.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:13 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
All the while going on about how empowering the Marriage ref was, guess what government brought that in Una?

To everyone being even mildly critical of her MNC "point", she "sending love and positive vibes" too, as if they're being rude trolls. :lol:

Alright Una.

You don’t get it. Everything good is thanks to the people of Ireland, and everything bad is the fault of Leo Varadkar.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Alright Una.

You don’t get it. Everything good is thanks to the people of Ireland, and everything bad is the fault of Leo Varadkar.

"love Dublin, love this city so much"
*shares photos of Dublin's vibrant nightlife, great restaurants, festivals, jobs*

"fudge you Leo you Tory plum you ruined Ireland"

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:19 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Damn you to hell ER I couldn’t resist

Quote:
Which non-SF TDs would Mary Lou McDonald pick for her fantasy cabinet?

f**king hell. At least she’s thick enough to publicise her overt bias I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:27 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Just spotted that Sweden are only recording confirmed nursing home deaths, like the UK, as opposed to us (and France) who add all deaths with covid on the death cert. Some knock a few hundred off our total for a like for like comparison.

Winner winner

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:41 pm 

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
"Soaring"

Sweden have had 371 deaths in the last week. The week before they had 519. Their deaths are dropping.

Overall Sweden are way below Italy, Spain, Belgium and the UK who had harder restrictions for a significant period of time.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

They are the model the WHO have suggested, so people like Mullet don't seem to trust the experts.

The comparison on the number of deaths is irrelevant because you're not taking in to account population disparities.

Their deaths clearly aren't dropping either. This (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... er-capita/) published on Wednesday said they have 6 deaths per 100k, the article I posted earlier, which was published today, says the figure is now at 8.4. So an increase of 2 per 100k, does not suggest to me that it's dropping.

Except I am. Look at Worldometer, it is done by deaths per million. Over the entire period.

Sweden is well below Belgium, the UK, Spain and Italy.

The last 7 days don't point to anything. All it shows is that the death rate might be slowing quicker elsewhere. The death rate is FALLING is Sweden. Have a look at the actual curve;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Sweden#Deaths_per_day

If you look at Italy, their daily deaths peaked in late March. Sweden's peaked in mid April....therefore Sweden are in a different place as regards their infection curve.

It's a bizarre thing to throw out by a few journalists desperate for them to fail. It's odd, Trump is doing the same just because he doesn't want to be lambasted by the economic right in the GOP. Lots of journalists and Trump are oddly aligned on this & to reiterate...they're not experts.

The WHO have said they are the best of the new normal, the experts apparently, but there is still this attempt to rather than learn from them.

Compare Sweden with other nordic countries and they are shit. It looks like likely the percentage of Swedes with antibodies is so low the model is a busted flush.

For carrying on with it people need to be locked up

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Chief misery junkie Una thinks the tech companies and the tens of thousands of jobs they bring to Dublin are a terrible idea:

Quote:
Una Mullally
@UnaMullally
The tech companies Ireland lured, who channelled billions through here, are now at the forefront of saying offices are past tense.

If you don’t need an office you don’t need a base.

It was never about a “talented workforce.” It’s about profit.

This was always a bad idea.

She's getting a pasting in the comments tbf.

Whose cash did she think kept that shithole the GBS open for so long?

It's still open, the whole thing was a stunt. She just wrote them a free ad.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

Alright Una.

Last week it was "stop mansplaining" to everything she didn't have an actual answer to.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:53 pm 

She is in fact what she claims to despise, a bigot. Incapable of perceiving the world in any way other than what her toxic proclivities dictate.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:53 pm 

That's how Una deplatforms people..she would have liked my use of that

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:57 pm 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
She is in fact what she claims to despise, a bigot. Incapable of perceiving the world in any way other than what her toxic proclivities dictate.

Exactly. In the unlikely event she were to ever read this thread she would simply dismiss it out of hand as a bunch of gammons being gammons. It’s a fantastic technique to ensure that your world view is never challenged.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:57 pm 

Was it Una,or Kitty who had a long article earlier this week on how corona virus affects women much worse than men, this despite the statistical fact that more men die from it than women. :lol: :lol:

What can you do ?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:59 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Was it Una,or Kitty who had a long article earlier this week on how corona virus affects women much worse than men, this despite the statistical fact that more men die from it than women. :lol: :lol:

What can you do ?

And the other current beauty - that the virus is ageist

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 pm 

Well said Anon.

camroc1 wrote:

What can you do ?

That would be a decent pub quiz tiebreaker 'which IT journalist said Corona virus affects women more than....was it Una Shinner Mulally or Kitty Trot Holland. Tough question guys as they are virtually indistinguishable'

Duff Paddy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

What can you do ?

And the other current beauty - that the virus is ageist

Fúcking hell. People need real hobbies.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:06 pm 

camroc1 wrote:

What can you do ?

Who did your wife think was correct, you are the feminazis?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:09 pm 

Leinster in London wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

What can you do ?

Who did your wife think was correct, you are the feminazis?

She pointed out that men were more likely to die before I had to.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:10 pm 

It’s almost like Una doesn’t like men.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:11 pm 

We should just ban the ageist virus. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:14 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

Exactly. In the unlikely event she were to ever read this thread she would simply dismiss it out of hand as a bunch of gammons being gammons. It’s a fantastic technique to ensure that your world view is never challenged.

Even a stopped clock..........

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:16 pm 

lilyw wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

Go away Una

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:20 pm 

lilyw wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

Nah, there's you, me and maybe TSG old enough to be Gammons. The rest fall into fogey territory I fear.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:22 pm 

She has some cheek showing her face after working in a restaurant named after a communist dictator.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 pm 

Her wiki entry is rather coy about her education.

Anyone any background ?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:25 pm 

You won’t get odds on it being gender studies.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:27 pm 

Flametop wrote:
It’s almost like Una doesn’t like men.

Vicious lesbian is a vicious lesbian. I'm shocked. And thanks to ER bringing up her constant Shinner panegyrics I've got a horrific image in my head of her tribbing Jabba the Chuck. x(

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:31 pm 

camroc1 wrote:

Anyone any background ?

Colaiste Iosagain

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:35 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Anyone any background ?

Colaiste Iosagain

So she never got over the fact that her parents wouldn’t send her to Mount Anville?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 am 

EverReady wrote:

The Shinners always were super media aware, & mopped the floor when it came to being, 'on message'.

The journos loved this; because (a); most journos are lazy tossers, & having the work done for them was awesome; & (b), journos love the 'rage against the machine', shit.

Just look at the way that the shinnerbots pile in on places like the journal, when the; 'Official', position is declared. If the shinners weren't there., Joe would be reduced to discussing what ever happened to white dog shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1918, 1919, 1920 ... 1962  Next