Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
lorcanoworms

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lorcanoworms »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
danthefan wrote:Eighty f**king five cases :uhoh:
Been thinking about this. They have closed two construction sites and a factory. if it's in those clusters this may be a blip and they got most of them this evening. I'm hoping.
Of the cases notified today:

39% of today’s cases are associated with close contacts of a confirmed case
half are associated with outbreaks
89% or so are already traced, that shows the systems are working. So long as the clusters remain managed, you can't lose it over these kinds of numbers.

A larger question needs to be asked of the recent clusters. Notably there hasn't been any cited from hairdressers, pubs, gyms etc. Another meat factory style outbreak today, in line with previous patters. Some from construction sites. Some in Direct Provision centres. It is quite safe to assume a lot of the outbreaks are amongst minorities. This isn't unique, this has happened in Singapore and is also happening in the UK. A variety of reasons I've read that are cited;

- cramped living conditions for many
- inter generational living
- car pooling
- poor communication skills, many hived off into their communities both inside and outside of work
- pressure/motivation to work: I think immigrants are going to be more motivated to work than people from here originally, it's purely anecdotal but it did not surprise me one bit that the new hires for Deliveroo/Uber Eats during the original pandemic were still minorities. They won't just sit around collecting €350, many have pressures beyond that in sending money home
- possible genetic disposition

What the answer is is unknown, possible more randomised testing in those areas of work, the last thing you want is another Leicester. Maybe that's already happening? I read some of the comments from the NPHET and whilst they did the usual and sounded the alarm, I also thought they sounded more comfortable than the other week, saying to wait and see. If they are tracking that many cases earlier on, maybe they're confident in their control infrastructure.
That is nonsense, while I agree on some folk sending money home there at least as many dossers among our immigrants as the Irish ones.
When I was in property maintenance all my tenants were foreign and most only did part time or no work at all.
Hobo Hooker

Post by Hobo Hooker »

good opinion piece from Stephen Collins in the IT today
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:I'm pretty depressed about the whole thing tbh.
What happened to FF's legendary discipline?
FF (as have most parties) has always had wing nuts. However, when in government they usually had the numbers that (a) they didn't matter, and then (b) they got shafted come re election time, not being part of the party. FFs low numbers (and this goes for FG as well) added to the decline of the party machine (allowing the Hely-Rae and Lowry independent machines to flourish) means that the threat of an election is no longer the threat it once was.

As for the Greens, when you've got Junior Ministers, and Chief Whips going off reservation, you aren't a serious party to begin with.

One can only hope that these things happening so soon will be the kick up the hole all the coalition parties need to realise that whilst the government marriage might be forced, it's immeasurably better than filling the opposition benches all on their ownio.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Hobo Hooker wrote:good opinion piece from Stephen Collins in the IT today
Is he looking for a come back fight against Nigel Benn?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

The Greens are probably going to be destroyed in the next election unless they get rid of the fringe element. Probably even if they do. They were thrown a massive opportunity by the electorate to turn themselves into a decent party and have completely blown it.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

It went years ago
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

The greens are a bad joke lads. Forget it, you’re only torturing yourself.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote:The greens are a bad joke lads. Forget it, you’re only torturing yourself.
Who's torturing anyone? I could take or leave them before the election and now have no interest in them. Just commenting from their own point of view they blew it, I'm not despondent they have given what we've learned about them since the election.
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

I voted Green.

Been a complete shambles so far. Wouldn't get my vote if there was another election tomorrow. Was pissed off at the nonsense around the PfG and the desire to hurl from the ditch, the absolute nonsense of a leadership challenge after the best ever election result, and now not even the bloody whip will vote for govt motions.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Yeah I voted green and climate change is a big issue for me. But I won't be voting for them in a hurry unless but put in a stella performance over the course of the rest of the government lifetime. They have been a complete shitshow for the last 4 months.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Conspicuous wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:trying to find a staycation for a week in the next few weeks - nothing out there
Where are you living?
Dublin, trying to get somewhere out whest/Connacht, but would be up for anywhere really ; spent 10 days down around Kenmare and loved it but had been looking elsewhere ; the week we were in Kenmare had mixed weather but were able to get out and about etc ; saw that the place is flooded this week with a foot of water in shops, restaurants etc - poor fcukers cant catch a break ;
ticketlessinseattle

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:Yeah I voted green and climate change is a big issue for me. But I won't be voting for them in a hurry unless but put in a stella performance over the course of the rest of the government lifetime. They have been a complete shitshow for the last 4 months.
yup, same here
ticketlessinseattle

camroc1 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:Neasa Hourigan and Joe O'Brien, specking rights removed for two months. :?

Both should be gone, if you are going to act like an independent, they should become one.
The TDs are off on their holliers for 6 weeks. That should allow Martin some time to get the governments ducks in a row again.
he should have a Deep state type special ops team gathering dirt on every one of the fcukers undermining him while they're gone ; welcome them back Goodfellas style ; step into my office, stand on the mat on the floor, fella standing behind the door saying nothing...open file

Eamon Ryan should probably do the same but they're so fcuking crazy it'd backfire - half of them would post their file on instagram ; maybe find where they liked a Bill Burr facebook post
Last edited by ticketlessinseattle on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:Neasa Hourigan and Joe O'Brien, specking rights removed for two months. :?

Both should be gone, if you are going to act like an independent, they should become one.
The TDs are off on their holliers for 6 weeks. That should allow Martin some time to get the governments ducks in a row again.
he should have a Deep state type special ops team gathering dirt on every one of the fcukers undermining him while they're gone ; welcome them back Goodfellas style ; step into my office, stand on the mat on the floor, fella standing behind the door saying nothing...open file
They tried that in the 80s.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

CM11 wrote:The Greens are probably going to be destroyed in the next election unless they get rid of the fringe element. Probably even if they do. They were thrown a massive opportunity by the electorate to turn themselves into a decent party and have completely blown it.
Don't think it's that simple. A lot of the electorate gave them a chance on the basis that they saw the Greens as a social justice party. Seeing them go into government with the big two was bad, so now the unstable part of the parliamentary party will be congratulated by that part of their voter base.

The party and their voters are split along ideological lines. They're fucked regardless, but not necassarily because they've blown their chance for being serious.
ticketlessinseattle

that was just what the last time they got caught - better technology now
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

crouchy wrote:I voted Green.

Been a complete shambles so far. Wouldn't get my vote if there was another election tomorrow. Was pissed off at the nonsense around the PfG and the desire to hurl from the ditch, the absolute nonsense of a leadership challenge after the best ever election result, and now not even the bloody whip will vote for govt motions.
Ditto. Don't think I'll waste serious transfers on them next time, other than to push the Trots further down. They're not a serious party these days.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Nolanator wrote:
crouchy wrote:I voted Green.

Ditto. Don't think I'll waste serious transfers on them next time, other than to push the Trots further down. They're not a serious party these days.
Hourigan is in my constituency and called to the door before the last election, will be letting her know there's serious chance of a vote next time she's around canvassing.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:The Greens are probably going to be destroyed in the next election unless they get rid of the fringe element. Probably even if they do. They were thrown a massive opportunity by the electorate to turn themselves into a decent party and have completely blown it.
Don't think it's that simple. A lot of the electorate gave them a chance on the basis that they saw the Greens as a social justice party. Seeing them go into government with the big two was bad, so now the unstable part of the parliamentary party will be congratulated by that part of their voter base.

The party and their voters are split along ideological lines. They're fucked regardless, but not necassarily because they've blown their chance for being serious.
No they did not. Social justice isn’t a big factor for most people, they vote green for environmental reasons
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

No they did not. Social justice isn’t a big factor for most people, they vote green for environmental reasons
Have a gander on twitter. Plenty of people voted Green with ideals of climate justice etc and are the type of people who can't give countenance to any kind of compromise.
Idealistic idiots they may be, but they're the types congratulating the Green politicians who voted against the PfG etc.

Obviously there are plenty of more centrist voters who rank climate as a big issue and voted Green, but are not disappointed with their performance so far (most of us, I'd wager). There are different factions who are all annoyed with the party for different reasons.
JoeyFantastic

Post by JoeyFantastic »

Nolanator wrote:

Not sure the rank and file of the Greens are concerned about social justice ahead of climate etc. The PfG got a massive endorsement from the members. The Hourigan/Chu side of the party are very much in a minority, though the media is eager to give that side as much airtime as possible because well clickbait.

Already the greens are announcing more greenways and higher cycle to work rebates for electric bikes etc, which will play well with their core, imo.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote:

Those who voted greens wanted them to be effective in government, imo. Anyone who did so while also thinking they wouldn't be in coalition with FG or FF need their vote taken off them. Fair enough, they probably didn't expect both but them's the breaks.

I think really, the electorate didn't see what the Greens had become. I know I didn't anyway. The new blood have unfortunately taken their ideology from twitter resulting in being anti government and not even that green. They should just split and be done with it.

If you're a green voter in the next election, I think you as a centre voter you realise a lot of their old hobby horses are mainstream and vote FF/FG or you voted for them because it was a stepping stone to vote for SF, who will be more legitimate. SDs and Labour will also reap some rewards.

It has to be remembered that the Greens rely massively on transfers, early in the count they were looking at 5/6 max. They have made themselves transfer toxic since the election.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

JoeyFantastic wrote:The Hourigan/Chu side of the party are very much in a minority, though the media is eager to give that side as much airtime as possible because well clickbait.
Fair point. :thumbup:
For all the noise in the lead up to the PfG vote, it was passed pretty convincingly.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:Yeah I voted green and climate change is a big issue for me. But I won't be voting for them in a hurry unless but put in a stella performance over the course of the rest of the government lifetime. They have been a complete shitshow for the last 4 months.
yup, same here
More fool you for thinking it would be any different
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-i ... 5-Jul2020/

They're really giving off different vibes from a couple of weeks ago. Not that concerned so presumably means they're not worried about it hiding too much in the wider community.
ticketlessinseattle

Mullet 2 wrote:
yup, same here
no regrets tbh - you don't vote Green expecting them to be be the king, you vote in the hope that they'll be king makers and can implement some green policies which is pretty much how it worked out - their Benny Hill show doesn't help but as Munsterman said, let's see how things pan out. Typically I;d have gone FG as they're supposed to be fiscally responsible but they've proven thats horsesh1t, the only other option then is FF.....no thanks.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Yeah that’s nonsense

All these parties are pathetic. They don’t have large scale support and yet think they are entitled to some massive influence.

Why should FF and FG TDS vote for measures they know don’t play well with their base if Nessa and Joe won’t do the same?

Is anybody in our pathetic excuse for a media asking these questions?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

CM11 wrote:What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?
Twitter logic Stats

“FF...no thanks”

Grow the fûck up like
sewa

Post by sewa »

Mullet 2 wrote:
CM11 wrote:What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?
Twitter logic Stats

“FF...no thanks”

Grow the fûck up like
Lots of people will never forgive FF, you need to start getting used to it
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

That's the type of idiocy I mean stats
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Can't possibly forgive FF so I better vote for the 'Ra

Yeah alright.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

"Forgive" :roll:
sewa

Post by sewa »

Mullet 2 wrote:That's the type of idiocy I mean stats
Idiocy is expecting people to just forget your lot bankrupted the country while telling anyone who asked questions about the bubble to go and kill themselves
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

Mullet 2 wrote:
yup, same here
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You voted FF. Away and take your head for a wobble.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

"Your lot"

Followed by Bertie said a comment once in an interview I choose to pretend to still be outraged about it

What about taking Ireland from an Agricultural poverty hole to one of the worlds most successful countries

Or are you the type of fúckhead who believes only bad things are the fault of Government?

Like I said...idiocy.
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

Mullet 2 wrote:"Your lot"

Followed by Bertie said a comment once in an interview I choose to pretend to still be outraged about it

What about taking Ireland from an Agricultural poverty hole to one of the worlds most successful countries

Or is are you the type of fúckhead who believes only bad things are the fault of Government?

Like I said...idiocy.
Which of the 7 stages are you at?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

crouchy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
yup, same here
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You voted FF. Away and take your head for a wobble.
I'm not interested in shit, smilie riddled trolling from Nordie who thinks he's entitled to an opinion on politics in the South because he's here a wet week.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

crouchy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:"Your lot"

Or is are you the type of fúckhead who believes only bad things are the fault of Government?

Like I said...idiocy.
Which of the 7 stages are you at?
Boredom
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:That's the type of idiocy I mean stats
Idiocy is expecting people to just forget your lot bankrupted the country while telling anyone who asked questions about the bubble to go and kill themselves
That's the idiocy, quoting that shite from the looney left as fact.