Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2149, 2150, 2151, 2152, 2153, 2154, 2155 ... 2161  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21721
Liathroidigloine wrote:
sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
That's the type of idiocy I mean stats


Idiocy is expecting people to just forget your lot bankrupted the country while telling anyone who asked questions about the bubble to go and kill themselves


That's the idiocy, quoting that shite from the looney left as fact.


Ah, so the country didn't have to go cap in hand to the IMF? The troika was a figment of our imagination, 100's of thousands of young people weren't forced to leave, it was all just a bad dream


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
Infantile more like, just throwing out bullshit "Brexit means Brexit" crap.

Give me a break.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 5197
Mullet 2 wrote:

I'm not interested in shit, smilie riddled trolling from Nordie who thinks he's entitled to an opinion on politics in the South because he's here a wet week.


Pompous with an inflated sense of self importance. You're in the right party anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33905
Nolanator wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:
The Greens are probably going to be destroyed in the next election unless they get rid of the fringe element. Probably even if they do. They were thrown a massive opportunity by the electorate to turn themselves into a decent party and have completely blown it.

Don't think it's that simple. A lot of the electorate gave them a chance on the basis that they saw the Greens as a social justice party. Seeing them go into government with the big two was bad, so now the unstable part of the parliamentary party will be congratulated by that part of their voter base.

The party and their voters are split along ideological lines. They're fucked regardless, but not necassarily because they've blown their chance for being serious.


No they did not. Social justice isn’t a big factor for most people, they vote green for environmental reasons


Have a gander on twitter. Plenty of people voted Green with ideals of climate justice etc and are the type of people who can't give countenance to any kind of compromise.
Idealistic idiots they may be, but they're the types congratulating the Green politicians who voted against the PfG etc.

Obviously there are plenty of more centrist voters who rank climate as a big issue and voted Green, but are not disappointed with their performance so far (most of us, I'd wager). There are different factions who are all annoyed with the party for different reasons.



That is a small but vocal minority. Most of the electorate never go near twitter. If you went by Twitter the Greens would currently not be in government and would be lead by Catherine Martin. Twitter is the online version of speakers corners - a soap box for every extremist loon going I’ve no idea why people take it seriously


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
650,000 people more were working in Ireland in 2011 than 1997 after the crash.

Cancer survival rights drastically improved under Ahern.

The Good Friday agreement

35 billion euro reserve built up by McGreevy

Writing the constitution.

Fúck you and your bullshit and every other dumb cúnt who pretends recessions aren't a normal part of the economic cycle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
crouchy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I'm not interested in shit, smilie riddled trolling from Nordie who thinks he's entitled to an opinion on politics in the South because he's here a wet week.


Pompous with an inflated sense of self importance. You're in the right party anyway.



This is your third crap attempt to insert yourself.

Give us a grown up opinion or bore somebody else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21721
It was just a normal part of the cycle, is that what you tell people on the doorsteps?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
sewa wrote:
It was just a normal part of the cycle, is that what you tell people on the doorsteps?


See more bullshit

You're the same type of cúnt telling us all 10 years ago we didn't need the houses and wondering why we mysteriously have a housing problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 5197
Mullet 2 wrote:
650,000 people more were working in Ireland in 2011 than 1997 after the crash.

Cancer survival rights drastically improved under Ahern.

The Good Friday agreement

35 billion euro reserve built up by McGreevy

Writing the constitution.

Fúck you and your bullshit and every other dumb cúnt who pretends recessions aren't a normal part of the economic cycle.


You really are shameless.

Is this FF party policy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
Ignores the facts and trys the deflection again

What you don't know could fill warehouses but here you are pretending to be outraged

Four posts without the first cousin of points besides a pathetic attempt to slander me for being involved in the political process.

By two cúnts who sit on their holes moaning and doing fúck all. Ireland summed up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
One of whom fúcked off of dodge tax and the other who has a job in the state FF has done more than any party to create.

Just pay your tax and fúck off


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 5197
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ignores the facts and trys the deflection again

What you don't know could fill warehouses but here you are pretending to be outraged

Four posts without the first cousin of points besides a pathetic attempt to slander me for being involved in the political process.

By two cúnts who sit on their holes moaning and doing fúck all. Ireland summed up.


"Ignores the facts" he says with a straight face. I'm not trying to slander you Mullet, you're doing a good enough job making a tit of yourself with this shameless attempt to defend the indefensible.

Show a bit of fcuking humility and recognise the fact that the voters saw the poxy Shinners as a more viable option than the sack of shit party you're trying to convince us all did nothing wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39347
CM11 wrote:
https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-ireland-bank-holiday-weekend-5164565-Jul2020/

They're really giving off different vibes from a couple of weeks ago. Not that concerned so presumably means they're not worried about it hiding too much in the wider community.

The 85 number is scary if it lets the virus loose again, but I suspect they know all the sources, and are surprised at the number of infections from those.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
Irish GDP 1997 83 billion
Irish GDP 2011 230 billion

But let's all pretend it was actually a disaster because you two read a few articles


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39347
Liathroidigloine wrote:
sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
That's the type of idiocy I mean stats


Idiocy is expecting people to just forget your lot bankrupted the country while telling anyone who asked questions about the bubble to go and kill themselves


That's the idiocy, quoting that shite from the looney left as fact.

Idiocy is ignoring parties who want to use government for the good of the country in favour of those who, as we have seen, can't govern.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21721
Mullet 2 wrote:
sewa wrote:
It was just a normal part of the cycle, is that what you tell people on the doorsteps?


See more bullshit

You're the same type of cúnt telling us all 10 years ago we didn't need the houses and wondering why we mysteriously have a housing problem.


That was Fester as you well know so please stick to addressing things I said rather than inventing stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
crouchy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ignores the facts and trys the deflection again

What you don't know could fill warehouses but here you are pretending to be outraged

Four posts without the first cousin of points besides a pathetic attempt to slander me for being involved in the political process.

By two cúnts who sit on their holes moaning and doing fúck all. Ireland summed up.


"Ignores the facts" he says with a straight face. I'm not trying to slander you Mullet, you're doing a good enough job making a tit of yourself with this shameless attempt to defend the indefensible.

Show a bit of fcuking humility and recognise the fact that the voters saw the poxy Shinners as a more viable option than the sack of shit party you're trying to convince us all did nothing wrong.


Accept what you thick cúnt? I was 21

What's your point here that after a period of spectacular growth more than doubling GDP there was a 20% correction

Welcome to economics. Move to Australia if you want to live in a economic fantasy. We don't have natural resources.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
sewa wrote:
It was just a normal part of the cycle, is that what you tell people on the doorsteps?


See more bullshit

You're the same type of cúnt telling us all 10 years ago we didn't need the houses and wondering why we mysteriously have a housing problem.


That was Fester as you well know so please stick to addressing things I said rather than inventing stuff


You haven't said anything

You've passed off a bizarre emotional response as an actual point.

Its was a massive global recession but Irish people have to pretend OUR one was special. Do you think Bertie invented subprime lending?

It's fairly universally acknowledged that the central banks globally hadn't a rashers what was going on and global money had slanted too far to property after the tech bubble burst.

But let's all pretend Brian Cowen did it all.


Last edited by Mullet 2 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21721
There was plenty the government could have done to address the bubble, property taxes, central bank rules etc. Instead they pumped it higher and higher with the various property section deals. Anyway its 31c here so wasting it talking to you all day doesn't interest me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 8666
This is all getting rather heated.
This is what happens when the 12th July Marching season thread gets no traffic due to covid ruining the lads’ craic this year. No where to go and let off steam :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26262
Really who was calling for those measures in the Dail? Was it nobody?

What central banks globally during this period reversed engines and brought it stricter limits?

I mean do you seriously think the tax breaks on hotels in Longford brought down the market?

It's such a bizarre self obsession we have. We have the 5th most open economy in the world with a tiny internal market. We are going to feel every recession harder than other states.

It's a fact of life and the price we pay to get richer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39347
sewa wrote:
There was plenty the government could have done to address the bubble, property taxes, central bank rules etc. Instead they pumped it higher and higher with the various property section deals. Anyway its 31c here so wasting it talking to you all day doesn't interest me

No one was shouting stop at the time.

And we picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves down, and got on with rebuilding the economy, when the shinners PbP et al were shouting loudly that we should follow the Greek example. And in the process became the most successful economy in Europe.

Again it was the Shinners/PbP/Greens who exulted in Verstager's blackguarding of the country's reputation; and who somehow seem to still think that the "unicorn" 14 bn euro was ours to spend without consequence. Everytime Doherty opens his mouth about it he should be reminded that he is as guilty as Verstager for thrashing the Republic he claims to serve.

It's time for FG/FF, who after all between them created the state, and guided it to its current success, to start playing hardball with the various malcontents and their policies that would beggar us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10530
Don’t be engaging with that sewage prick mullet

The cohort of people who won’t vote FG, FF, or other centre parties cos they haven’t got everything 100% right over the last decade, are the same clowns who will vote for protest parties who promise the moon but who are not prepared to govern

This is what Ireland has become .....

the split isnt urban/rural or rich/poor or old/young ...... the split is between people who want to get on, work hard and improve things, and f**king morons who seem quite happy to watch the world burn, because their liberal arts and gender studies degree has rendered them unemployable in the real world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37442
Location: Pigdogistan
Duff Paddy wrote:
Twitter is the online version of speakers corners - a soap box for every extremist loon going I’ve no idea why people take it seriously


Because browsing twitter and engaging in the general outrage allows "journalists" to do their job without ever having to investigate anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18175
sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
That's the type of idiocy I mean stats


Idiocy is expecting people to just forget your lot bankrupted the country while telling anyone who asked questions about the bubble to go and kill themselves

The country didn't go bankrupt though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10530
Nolanator wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Twitter is the online version of speakers corners - a soap box for every extremist loon going I’ve no idea why people take it seriously


Because browsing twitter and engaging in the general outrage allows "journalists" to do their job without ever having to investigate anything.


This

Amazed at the dive the indo has taken .... its basically the journal.ie now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39347
And, it turns out McDowell was correct and the SJWs wrong. The Shelbourne statues do not, and never did, depict slaves.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.4318586

They'll be banning Aida next for its "Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 5197
rfurlong wrote:
Don’t be engaging with that sewage prick mullet

The cohort of people who won’t vote FG, FF, or other centre parties cos they haven’t got everything 100% right over the last decade, are the same clowns who will vote for protest parties who promise the moon but who are not prepared to govern

This is what Ireland has become .....

the split isnt urban/rural or rich/poor or old/young ...... the split is between people who want to get on, work hard and improve things, and f**king morons who seem quite happy to watch the world burn, because their liberal arts and gender studies degree has rendered them unemployable in the real world


You should stop trying to equivocate FF with the other centrist parties. You should also stop suggesting that people who won't vote FF are voting for the alphabet soup looney left.

The looney left, as far as the alphabet soup brigade go, are a non-entity. They'll never amount to anything and are insignificant. The Shinners were seen as a more viable alternative to FG than FF were. You can try pretend that this is just because voters are idiots, or you can step back and realise that FF are toxic and it's not a reputation that was invented out of thin air.

The Greens did well because they were seen as a viable alternative to both FG and FF without lurching too far to the left (despite what the Green twitterati think).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33905
camroc1 wrote:
And, it turns out McDowell was correct and the SJWs wrong. The Shelbourne statues do not, and never did, depict slaves.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.4318586

They'll be banning Aida next for its "Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves".


Bulldoze the pyramids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 57268
Crouchy

He didn't say not voting for FF meant you were voting for the looney left and FF are the largest party in the Dail, btw. rfurlong can rant with the best of them but you're the one ranting at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39347
Anyhoo, regarding Aer Lingus, here's the slide from this mornings IAG presentation of its results detailing the company's proposed mitigation measures.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachm ... 1596187612

As I said yesterday, AL are not IAGs biggest problem, and will be getting off lightly compared to the other companies in the group.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7457
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7457
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
Mullet 2 wrote:
"Your lot"

Followed by Bertie said a comment once in an interview I choose to pretend to still be outraged about it

What about taking Ireland from an Agricultural poverty hole to one of the worlds most successful countries

Or are you the type of fúckhead who believes only bad things are the fault of Government?

Like I said...idiocy.


only as good as your last match fella ;that logic made some sense about 20 years ago


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7457
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
Liathroidigloine wrote:
sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
That's the type of idiocy I mean stats


Idiocy is expecting people to just forget your lot bankrupted the country while telling anyone who asked questions about the bubble to go and kill themselves


That's the idiocy, quoting that shite from the looney left as fact.


the IMF part or the Bertie reference ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 57268
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


And, in your opinion, what spend was fiscally irresponsible? We were due to run a surplus this year, the running of the country has meant that when the shit hit the fan, we were seen as a stable place to give money. Everyone has their opinion on what money should be spent where but it's a bit much to not vote FG because of the financial state of the country in Feb 2020.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12712
Location: #68
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0731/1156687-aer-lingus-second-quarter-results/

Quote:
Aer Lingus is considering compulsory redundancies and is reviewing its operations in Cork and Shannon Airports.

In a communication to staff today, seen by RTÉ News, the airline's chief executive Sean Doyle said that previously announced job cuts "will be implemented on a voluntary basis if possible, but on a compulsory basis if necessary."

He went to say that the airline has "no line of sight" on what was described as "meaningful resumption" of its operations in Cork and Shannon Airports.

"As such we are reviewing the scale of our flying programme from these airports and the ongoing viability of our regional bases there," Mr Doyle said.

Last month Aer Lingus announced that up to 500 jobs could go at the airline as it continues to cope with the impact of the coronavirus.

"The catastrophic impact of Covid-19 on the aviation sector has been compounded in Ireland by the implementation of the most restrictive travel policies in Europe and the failure to implement supports for the sector," the airline said in a statement today.

"Aer Lingus has also not made the required progress on the implementation of industry standard work practices with key cohorts of employees. In this context and given the Aer Lingus quarterly results today, significant redundancies are required across the business," the airline added.

Aer Lingus today recorded an operating loss of €316m for the three months to the end of June compared to an operating profit of €78m the same time last year, figures from its parent IAG show today.

The airline said its passenger revenues fell to €315m from €936m last year.

IAG chief executive Willie Walsh has said Aer Lingus will continue to exist with the support of its parent group, but it will be a smaller airline with fewer people working for it due to the ongoing impact of Covid-19.

Mr Walsh said the planned redundancies at Aer Lingus were "deeply regrettable" but "inevitable" and that even if restrictions were relaxed somewhat now, it was too late to prevent them.

Mr Walsh also dismissed the notion that the Irish carrier could be sacrificed in order to protect its larger stable-mates.

"That's not the way the group operates - Aer Lingus operates standing on its own two feet, it's clearly been a strong performer within the group over the past number of years," he said.

"The losses in Aer Lingus are dreadful, they're shocking but they're shocking for every airline in the industry."

He said the current trading conditions were by far the worst ever faced by Aer Lingus - and the rest of the industry - even compared to the market in the immediate aftermath of the September 11th terrorist attacks.

"If you want to put it into context - the second quarter operating loss for Aer Lingus was €98m, now that compares to the loss in 2001 of €52m for the full year," Mr Walsh said.

"I think everybody remembers just how challenging 2001 was for Aer Lingus, so this is clearly a very challenging period."

However, he said, every effort was being made to reorientate the business to fit the current outlook.

"The management team [in Aer Lingus] know what needs to be done, I think they're working very closely and very well with the employees in the business to try and do everything that is required to ensure that they can, not just survive through this downturn, which is the deepest one we've ever witness in the industry, but to make sure that we're in a position to be competitive once we come through this."

During the second quarter, IAG said that capacity at Aer Lingus was driven by cargo needs with flights operating regularly to New York, Chicago and Boston in addition to flights from China carrying back Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

Speaking in a conference call to reporters, Willie Walsh was also highly critical of the current government travel advice here.

He said people should not have to isolate for 14 days just because they had been flying.

Government advice should be "more targetted" and "more balanced", according to the IAG CEO, as he described the government restrictions on international travel as "more extreme than in other parts of the world".

He also described Covid-19 as a serious challenge and warned that it was not temporary and that societies need to adapt.

If restrictions on air travel were to continue, he said that any plans Aer Lingus had to invest in its fleet and network "would be scrapped".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22147
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


Cormac Lucey thinks we should leave the Euro.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7457
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
CM11 wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


And, in your opinion, what spend was fiscally irresponsible? We were due to run a surplus this year, the running of the country has meant that when the shit hit the fan, we were seen as a stable place to give money. Everyone has their opinion on what money should be spent where but it's a bit much to not vote FG because of the financial state of the country in Feb 2020.


about €10BN ; I've one management report to look at already today I'm not going to do a line for line comparison of actual vs budget for €77BN of government spend but I'd probably start with the HSE budget of about €17BN ; the surplus we have is largely down to bumper corp tax revenue (I know you dispute this) , low interest rates ; recouping more than expected from bailed out banks - the government had minimal influence on any of this - what they can control is spend, which they didnt ;


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7457
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
danthefan wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


Cormac Lucey thinks we should leave the Euro.


thats an opinion - I disagree with him on a lot of things but what we spent in 2018 and 2019 versus what the plan was is not opinion, its a fact


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22147
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
danthefan wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


Cormac Lucey thinks we should leave the Euro.


thats an opinion - I disagree with him on a lot of things but what we spent in 2018 and 2019 versus what the plan was is not opinion, its a fact


Yes the number is a fact, you don't need an economist to tell you that. Whether it's appropriate or not is a whole other matter and I certainly won't be listening to Lucey anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2149, 2150, 2151, 2152, 2153, 2154, 2155 ... 2161  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beaver_Shark, BillW, Fat Old Git, Google Adsense [Bot], hermie, Homer, irishrugbyua, Lazy Couch potato, Muttonbirds, obelixtim, PornDog, Sensible Stephen, Ulsters Red Hand, usermame and 70 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group