Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86716 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2150, 2151, 2152, 2153, 2154, 2155, 2156 ... 2168  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:33 am
Posts: 3435
crouchy wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Don’t be engaging with that sewage prick mullet

The cohort of people who won’t vote FG, FF, or other centre parties cos they haven’t got everything 100% right over the last decade, are the same clowns who will vote for protest parties who promise the moon but who are not prepared to govern

This is what Ireland has become .....

the split isnt urban/rural or rich/poor or old/young ...... the split is between people who want to get on, work hard and improve things, and f**king morons who seem quite happy to watch the world burn, because their liberal arts and gender studies degree has rendered them unemployable in the real world


You should stop trying to equivocate FF with the other centrist parties. You should also stop suggesting that people who won't vote FF are voting for the alphabet soup looney left.

The looney left, as far as the alphabet soup brigade go, are a non-entity. They'll never amount to anything and are insignificant. The Shinners were seen as a more viable alternative to FG than FF were. You can try pretend that this is just because voters are idiots, or you can step back and realise that FF are toxic and it's not a reputation that was invented out of thin air.

The Greens did well because they were seen as a viable alternative to both FG and FF without lurching too far to the left (despite what the Green twitterati think).


Irish people are an extremely unforgiving bunch with regards voting. Huge swath that will never vote ff again due to recession, while another slightly older bunch like me would rather leave the country than see sf in power. Fg are wishy washy and are ridiculously poor at playing politics. Greens are tree hugging space cadets who better get in line or their chances of ever governing again will go. Country badly needs labour to get the finger out as a stable party of opposition but it’s all the votes wasted on parish pump muppet independents that gets me. There’ll always be the alphabet soup hard left. They’re a non entity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12793
Location: #68
danthefan wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
danthefan wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


Cormac Lucey thinks we should leave the Euro.


thats an opinion - I disagree with him on a lot of things but what we spent in 2018 and 2019 versus what the plan was is not opinion, its a fact


Yes the number is a fact, you don't need an economist to tell you that. Whether it's appropriate or not is a whole other matter and I certainly won't be listening to Lucey anyway.


That’s pretty petty Dan. There are reasonable arguments to leave the Euro, even if you disagree.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37790
Location: Dublin
danthefan wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


Cormac Lucey thinks we should leave the Euro.


Just don't understand this thinking.

We'd be passing on our mortgage debt to our grandchildren if we went back to the punt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 57302
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


And, in your opinion, what spend was fiscally irresponsible? We were due to run a surplus this year, the running of the country has meant that when the shit hit the fan, we were seen as a stable place to give money. Everyone has their opinion on what money should be spent where but it's a bit much to not vote FG because of the financial state of the country in Feb 2020.


about €10BN ; I've one management report to look at already today I'm not going to do a line for line comparison of actual vs budget for €77BN of government spend but I'd probably start with the HSE budget of about €17BN ; the surplus we have is largely down to bumper corp tax revenue (I know you dispute this) , low interest rates ; recouping more than expected from bailed out banks - the government had minimal influence on any of this - what they can control is spend, which they didnt ;


I didn't mean how much. I meant what did we spend it on that we shouldn't have?

You felt so strongly about this to not vote for them but can't really come up with anything? And while I agree we don't get bang for our buck in health, that's a societal problem, the solution to which would polarise the country further and remove whoever did it from political power for decades.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12793
Location: #68
He’s always been against the Euro.

He was one of the main policy people in the PDs once upon a time. Iirc the PDs were a bit cold on the Euro in 1997.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2751
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
There was plenty the government could have done to address the bubble, property taxes, central bank rules etc. Instead they pumped it higher and higher with the various property section deals. Anyway its 31c here so wasting it talking to you all day doesn't interest me

No one was shouting stop at the time.

You know that's not true. Nobody was listening to those who were shouting stop.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39384
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
There was plenty the government could have done to address the bubble, property taxes, central bank rules etc. Instead they pumped it higher and higher with the various property section deals. Anyway its 31c here so wasting it talking to you all day doesn't interest me

No one was shouting stop at the time.

You know that's not true. Nobody was listening to those who were shouting stop.

Morgan Kelly was the only prophet in the wilderness, and his analysis was based on the narrowness of the tax base rather than the entire world financial system crashing.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or a shinner bot.

Eeny...meeny...miney...mo....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39384
IAG and Ryanair suing the government over their travel restriction advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12793
Location: #68
Lovely stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26297
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
"Your lot"

Followed by Bertie said a comment once in an interview I choose to pretend to still be outraged about it

What about taking Ireland from an Agricultural poverty hole to one of the worlds most successful countries

Or are you the type of fúckhead who believes only bad things are the fault of Government?

Like I said...idiocy.


only as good as your last match fella ;that logic made some sense about 20 years ago


So the match in which Lenihan and Cowen formulated a strategy that even Michael Noonan now publically acknowledges as laying the foundations for our recovery.

Or providing the votes for an FG minority Government to help keep the recovery moving?

Our problem is not what happened 12 years ago our problem is we're still cowed by it when we should be telling Green voting idiots like you to shove your uni sex toilets up whatever you say your hole is

But that doesn't count because it doesnt suit your agenda.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26297
Leaving aside the idiocy of a lad saying he is not voting FG because they are not fiscally prudent so he's voting Green :lol:

While not forgiving FF for the recession but again voting Green

Makes loads of sense :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2751
camroc1 wrote:
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
There was plenty the government could have done to address the bubble, property taxes, central bank rules etc. Instead they pumped it higher and higher with the various property section deals. Anyway its 31c here so wasting it talking to you all day doesn't interest me

No one was shouting stop at the time.

You know that's not true. Nobody was listening to those who were shouting stop.

Morgan Kelly was the only prophet in the wilderness, and his analysis was based on the narrowness of the tax base rather than the entire world financial system crashing.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or a shinner bot.

Eeny...meeny...miney...mo....


The floppy haired one begs to disagree. In fact he was very specifically warning of the catastrophe that would be caused by the housing bubble for pretty much the entire Tiger years. After the decentralisation budget (2004) I attended a symposium hosted by one of the Big law firms (Goodbody I think) at which every single speaker (economists mainly) except Charlie McCreevy argued that our pro-development budgetary policies were leading to an inevitable crash. The only thing that the worldwide crash did was make it worse - it was coming anyway.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or have a shirt so blue that Garrett the Good was dangerously wishy-washy.

Eeny...meeny...miney...................

You've really given up on arguing facts these days & gone straight for personal attacks. As I said the lockdown doesn't seem to have been good for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:37 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29963
Cases back down. See you in the pub lads


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3643
Mullet 2 wrote:
650,000 people more were working in Ireland in 2011 than 1997 after the crash.

Cancer survival rights drastically improved under Ahern.

The Good Friday agreement

35 billion euro reserve built up by McGreevy

Writing the constitution.

Fúck you and your bullshit and every other dumb cúnt who pretends recessions aren't a normal part of the economic cycle.


Again, a lot of this comes down to the media, anyone remember the unending list of "experts" Vincent Browne gave airtime to? Who delighted in telling the country we'd be f**ked for decades?

As a shorthand, anyone who uses the phrase "we bailed out the the bondholders" can safely be ignored as an idiot or a troll, ime, unfortunately, it still gets trotted out fairly regularly. It's the equivalent of "Get Brexit Done".

That being said, FF let construction become 25% of our economy, iirc, which was crazy over-exposure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12793
Location: #68
Part of the issue with FF will remain the stink of the last 12 months of that Government. Cohen has an image problem for several reasons and FF didn’t move on him, he could and should have been the sacrificial lamb but there was a mixture of loyalty and cowardice there by several in the Party.

People felt duped by the behaviour surrounding the IMF. The line of Ministers walking out one by one with the perception they were avoiding accountability and getting a payoff after the Greens said they wanted a spring election.

Then you had the added factor of continued stuff about Ahern coming out.

It was a horror show no matter which way you look at it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14314
I see the supreme court are usurping the function of government again. They really need to wind their collective neck in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10532
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
CM11 wrote:
What have FG done that is particularly fiscally irresponsible?



government spend in 2019 €77.5BN - plan when they took over was that it would be something in the low €60'sBN for 2019 - Cormac Lucey has highlighted it a number of times but cant be arsed googling it

https://whereyourmoneygoes.gov.ie/en/2019/

whatever Mullet - sorry about the whole bankrupting the country lads but sure feck it we're the soldiers of destiny and the biggest party around - you know it makes sense ; give me a reason to vote FF ?


And, in your opinion, what spend was fiscally irresponsible? We were due to run a surplus this year, the running of the country has meant that when the shit hit the fan, we were seen as a stable place to give money. Everyone has their opinion on what money should be spent where but it's a bit much to not vote FG because of the financial state of the country in Feb 2020.


about €10BN ; I've one management report to look at already today I'm not going to do a line for line comparison of actual vs budget for €77BN of government spend but I'd probably start with the HSE budget of about €17BN ; the surplus we have is largely down to bumper corp tax revenue (I know you dispute this) , low interest rates ; recouping more than expected from bailed out banks - the government had minimal influence on any of this - what they can control is spend, which they didnt ;


That’s a genuinely, profoundly, deeply stupid thing to say .... and it’s hugely depressing that someone on this forum could believe that..... and what’s worse, use it as a rationalization to vote against the centre ground parties

Do you really think unemployment would have gone from 15% to 5% under Sinn Fein’s Syriza plan?
Do you think we would have kept the markets confidence if PBP held the balance of power?
Do you believe that Michael noonan and pascal Donahue were just lucky fools?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10532
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
There was plenty the government could have done to address the bubble, property taxes, central bank rules etc. Instead they pumped it higher and higher with the various property section deals. Anyway its 31c here so wasting it talking to you all day doesn't interest me

No one was shouting stop at the time.

You know that's not true. Nobody was listening to those who were shouting stop.

Morgan Kelly was the only prophet in the wilderness, and his analysis was based on the narrowness of the tax base rather than the entire world financial system crashing.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or a shinner bot.

Eeny...meeny...miney...mo....


The floppy haired one begs to disagree. In fact he was very specifically warning of the catastrophe that would be caused by the housing bubble for pretty much the entire Tiger years. After the decentralisation budget (2004) I attended a symposium hosted by one of the Big law firms (Goodbody I think) at which every single speaker (economists mainly) except Charlie McCreevy argued that our pro-development budgetary policies were leading to an inevitable crash. The only thing that the worldwide crash did was make it worse - it was coming anyway.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or have a shirt so blue that Garrett the Good was dangerously wishy-washy.

Eeny...meeny...miney...................

You've really given up on arguing facts these days & gone straight for personal attacks. As I said the lockdown doesn't seem to have been good for you.


Says the man who thinks anyone against welfare fraud is a fascist

:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14314
Were all those garda checkpoints looking out for tax evaders, uninsured parasites and drunk/drug drivers illegal so?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2751
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Were all those garda checkpoints looking out for tax evaders, uninsured parasites and drunk/drug drivers illegal so?


Amazing as it might seem to you - we have more than one law in the country and they give different powers to different agencies. I realise that might be a tough concept to grasp but try.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2751
rfurlong wrote:
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
No one was shouting stop at the time.

You know that's not true. Nobody was listening to those who were shouting stop.

Morgan Kelly was the only prophet in the wilderness, and his analysis was based on the narrowness of the tax base rather than the entire world financial system crashing.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or a shinner bot.

Eeny...meeny...miney...mo....


The floppy haired one begs to disagree. In fact he was very specifically warning of the catastrophe that would be caused by the housing bubble for pretty much the entire Tiger years. After the decentralisation budget (2004) I attended a symposium hosted by one of the Big law firms (Goodbody I think) at which every single speaker (economists mainly) except Charlie McCreevy argued that our pro-development budgetary policies were leading to an inevitable crash. The only thing that the worldwide crash did was make it worse - it was coming anyway.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or have a shirt so blue that Garrett the Good was dangerously wishy-washy.

Eeny...meeny...miney...................

You've really given up on arguing facts these days & gone straight for personal attacks. As I said the lockdown doesn't seem to have been good for you.


Says the man who thinks anyone against welfare fraud is a fascist

:roll:


You've gone full bimbot, never go full bimbot


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26297
He's trotting out the Bimbot line again

The only lad spouting opinions nobody gives a fúck about is you but yeah everybody who disagrees with your horseshit is "Bimbot"

There is no difference at all morally between randomly testing motorists and randomly questioning people boarding a flight.

Unless you're a virtue signalling twat...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 57302
Quote:
‘I’ve met a few incorruptible men,’ said Madam Meserole. ‘They tend to die horrible deaths. The world balances out, you see. A corrupt man in a good world, or a good man in a corrupt one…the equation comes out the same. The world does not deal well with those who don’t pick a side.’
‘I like the middle,’ said Vimes.
‘That gives you two enemies.’ (NW)


Listening to Night Watch by Terry Pratchett and while not an exact match for the current state of affairs it does ring somewhat true with modern day society.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37453
Location: Pigdogistan
I'm due at read of that again. :thumbup:

Reading the Witcher books where a recurring theme is Geralt's neutrality and stubborn refusal to pick a side in conflicts.
Which always ends badly, of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2751
Mullet 2 wrote:
He's trotting out the Bimbot line again

The only lad spouting opinions nobody gives a fúck about is you but yeah everybody who disagrees with your horseshit is "Bimbot"

There is no difference at all morally between randomly testing motorists and randomly questioning people boarding a flight.

Unless you're a virtue signalling twat...


Lucky that judges always take the moral argument rather the legal one then!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26297
The data commissioner a judge now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:51 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29963
Here this is a laugh from the hippy Brit Emma de Spuza https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/poli ... 5?mode=amp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33937
Quote:
Instead of dismissing the voices of this next generation of activists and political leaders, shouldn’t we be asking why party political structures can’t accommodate them?


We are dealing with profoundly stupid people here and hopefully they grow out of it. Fair play to the IT, superb click bait and their way down the drain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37453
Location: Pigdogistan
Duff Paddy wrote:
Quote:
Instead of dismissing the voices of this next generation of activists and political leaders, shouldn’t we be asking why party political structures can’t accommodate them?


We are dealing with profoundly stupid people here and hopefully they grow out of it. Fair play to the IT, superb click bait and their way down the drain.

Because they can't accommodate any other kind of thinking than their own.

What's the next question?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39384
I see Boris has now appointed a Russian press magnate, with deep family connections to the KGB to the house of Lords.

You really couldn't make this shit up !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:49 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29963
Occam's pisstape applies


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39384
I see Bimbo's back, and finally relieved Mick to get some sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21721
rfurlong wrote:
Don’t be engaging with that sewage prick mullet

The cohort of people who won’t vote FG, FF, or other centre parties cos they haven’t got everything 100% right over the last decade, are the same clowns who will vote for protest parties who promise the moon but who are not prepared to govern

This is what Ireland has become .....

the split isnt urban/rural or rich/poor or old/young ...... the split is between people who want to get on, work hard and improve things, and f**king morons who seem quite happy to watch the world burn, because their liberal arts and gender studies degree has rendered them unemployable in the real world


I have never made any secret of the fact that I have always voted FG but sure invent whatever story you want Herr Furlong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 26297
So you'll never forgive FF for the economic downturn but will vote FG who wanted more tax cuts and spending?

So basically your politically philosophy is based off the fact that FG were spared Government because Enda couldn't beat Bertie.

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18186
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
There was plenty the government could have done to address the bubble, property taxes, central bank rules etc. Instead they pumped it higher and higher with the various property section deals. Anyway its 31c here so wasting it talking to you all day doesn't interest me

No one was shouting stop at the time.

You know that's not true. Nobody was listening to those who were shouting stop.

Morgan Kelly was the only prophet in the wilderness, and his analysis was based on the narrowness of the tax base rather than the entire world financial system crashing.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or a shinner bot.

Eeny...meeny...miney...mo....


The floppy haired one begs to disagree. In fact he was very specifically warning of the catastrophe that would be caused by the housing bubble for pretty much the entire Tiger years. After the decentralisation budget (2004) I attended a symposium hosted by one of the Big law firms (Goodbody I think) at which every single speaker (economists mainly) except Charlie McCreevy argued that our pro-development budgetary policies were leading to an inevitable crash. The only thing that the worldwide crash did was make it worse - it was coming anyway.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or have a shirt so blue that Garrett the Good was dangerously wishy-washy.

Eeny...meeny...miney...................

You've really given up on arguing facts these days & gone straight for personal attacks. As I said the lockdown doesn't seem to have been good for you.

He doesn't count as he was calling it a bubble all the wat back to the previous millenium.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39384
paddyor wrote:
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
[
You know that's not true. Nobody was listening to those who were shouting stop.

Morgan Kelly was the only prophet in the wilderness, and his analysis was based on the narrowness of the tax base rather than the entire world financial system crashing.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or a shinner bot.

Eeny...meeny...miney...mo....


The floppy haired one begs to disagree. In fact he was very specifically warning of the catastrophe that would be caused by the housing bubble for pretty much the entire Tiger years. After the decentralisation budget (2004) I attended a symposium hosted by one of the Big law firms (Goodbody I think) at which every single speaker (economists mainly) except Charlie McCreevy argued that our pro-development budgetary policies were leading to an inevitable crash. The only thing that the worldwide crash did was make it worse - it was coming anyway.

But you already knew that, so are either a troll or have a shirt so blue that Garrett the Good was dangerously wishy-washy.

Eeny...meeny...miney...................

You've really given up on arguing facts these days & gone straight for personal attacks. As I said the lockdown doesn't seem to have been good for you.

He doesn't count as he was calling it a bubble all the wat back to the previous millenium.

But it wasn't a property bubble that got us, it was a worldwide financial meltdown.
Property stalled sometime in 2006; we didn't have to call in the receivers until 2010.

And again (@Lilyw), you already knew that, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:01 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29963
Reading about Leo Oosterweghel retiring from Dublin Zoo and Mullet you will be glad to know he says Bertie and FF saved Dublin Zoo. Apparently it was on its way out circa 2006 and he ring fenced 18 million for it. Saw it through and it became self sufficient a few years later. Just read an interview with him there from 2015 and he was saying they reinvest all the profits every year, about 2 mill, into enclosures blah blah. Also noted they kept a rainy day fund of 2 mill in case of something like foot and mouth as you never know. Clever lad but bet they wouldn't have minded it being 4 million


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 57302
https://www.thejournal.ie/green-vincent ... 1-Aug2020/

Finally something important and reasonable from the Greens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10532
1/

Those lads have been on the piss since March

2/

The schools insurance probably no longer covers them

The JCT final is happening in September, but there’s no way to hold the SCT final if the lads are no longer enrolled in the school surely?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33937
45 cases, 0 deaths


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86716 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2150, 2151, 2152, 2153, 2154, 2155, 2156 ... 2168  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 6.Jones, EverReady, Google Adsense [Bot], maverickmak, Mick Mannock, terryfinch, Turch17, ZappaMan and 83 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group