Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Leinsterman

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 pm Is Miriam some sort of idiot?
Are you really asking that question?
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Leo does come across better than Michael when questioned, more assured.
MunsterMan!!!!!

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:04 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 pm Is Miriam some sort of idiot? I’m expecting her to ask Leo if it’s okay to wipe her own arse next. She’s so desperate for a gotcha question she just sounds ridiculous
Leo is a bollox but he's very good at dealing with gotcha questions. Micheal gets very defensive in contrast
Very much agree with that
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Anthony Staines once again given a platform to talk absolute shite
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:07 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 pm Is Miriam some sort of idiot? I’m expecting her to ask Leo if it’s okay to wipe her own arse next. She’s so desperate for a gotcha question she just sounds ridiculous
Leo is a bollox but he's very good at dealing with gotcha questions. Micheal gets very defensive in contrast
Leo is way smarter than Miriam who is a complete lightweight. Michael in my opinion is just too decent a guy for this game.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Yes Anto take your mullet and your powder blue suit along with your crazy ideas about zero covid and do one
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

What does it take to become a professor anyway? F*ck all seems to be the answer. Pandemics reveal all sorts of things, directly or indirectly.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:10 pm
Leo is way smarter than Miriam who is a complete lightweight. Michael in my opinion is just too decent a guy for this game.
Yeah, very much agree with the last point. And alot of sharks in there, from leo, his own party, media can smell blood.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm
Yeah, very much agree with the last point. And alot of sharks in there, from leo, his own party, media can smell blood.
It started with his weakness over Cowan he should have sacked the fucker without a second thought
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm What does it take to become a professor anyway? F*ck all seems to be the answer. Pandemics reveal all sorts of things, directly or indirectly.
A lot of them are cracked. Depends on the discipline really.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Staines
McConkey
Mills
O'Neill

Wished they'd all fudge off and stop scaring people
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 pm Staines
McConkey
Mills
O'Neill

They’ve nailed their colours to this batshit zero covid idea and now they’re doubling down

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 7/fulltext
MunsterMan!!!!!

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:16 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm

It started with his weakness over Cowan he should have sacked the fucker without a second thought
I think it started before that I dont think he ever had huge support in the party and isn't cut throat enough to stop it. Jim o callaghan could do with shutting up as well. Himself and o'cuiv need to row in behind or FF is gone. The country won't take too kindly to party politics like this.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

rfurlong wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:42 pm Hardly a big deal.
If the cabinet have to continue self isolating and the shinners get a free ride on the airwaves, then yes, it is a bit of a big deal ...
You can call a radio show horse
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4355782

About time, but I'd like to see some business representative on it as well.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Daily briefings should have stopped in May. It's bullshit
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:01 pm Daily briefings should have stopped in May. It's bullshit
Hear f**king hear. It’s very dubious that it’s helpful to anyone at this stage - weekly updates would be more appropriate at this stage.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:12 pm
EverReady wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:01 pm Daily briefings should have stopped in May. It's bullshit
Hear f**king hear. It’s very dubious that it’s helpful to anyone at this stage - weekly updates would be more appropriate at this stage.
Might allow people to do their actual day job as well, instead of just doing the pressers,and then prepping for the next one.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

camroc1 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:14 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:12 pm
Might allow people to do their actual day job as well, instead of just doing the pressers,and then prepping for the next one.
It's utter nonsense particularly during the summer months. Scary shit really that internationally we became in thrall of it all so quickly. The gas thing is I am one of the most vocal about it amongst my friends yet one of the least likely to lose my job. I've had mates on the Covid payment shiteing on about how it is important as we are all going to die. I joke about living in the Matrix but we obviously live in the Matrix
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:09 pm Anthony Staines once again given a platform to talk absolute shite
Staines is such a rare gobshite. I caught actually saying something sensible earlier in the week ... its really rare.

Him, McDonkey, Lambert, another academic tool they get in from Galway ...

No balance, just a bunch of bed-wetters ...

Primetime each week has menu of academic arses forecasting doom. Completely innumerate fools.
Lazy Couch potato

Post by Lazy Couch potato »

Must say pascal donoghue has at least communicated well this morning

My god yesterday was some shitshow
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Lazy Couch potato wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 am Must say pascal donoghue has at least communicated well this morning

Looking across the water, Matt Hancock looks like he’s about to piss his pants every time he’s asked to speak. Politicians in general are not doing well with this.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Duff the environment is so febrile. Tbf Hancock and his ilk are responsible for same. Both extremes have fücked us and the media keep prodding prodding prodding. I don't know what the editors think the outcome will be but they must know it can't be good. I think I told this story before but I know a Polish lass who is a Trot and I was having a conversation with her one evening about Poland during WW2 and she obviously bemoaned the Germans, moreso than the Soviets which is interesting as the Soviets savaged her part of the country but I later learned her family were basically Russians from back in the day, and she placed Poland within a victim framework. I was pretty well read about the Holocaust at the time and pointed out Polish people had been willing participants in the rounding up of Jews. This conversation was years before this Poland came up with its laws that forbade saying Poland had anything to do with it all. She bridled and said thousands of Polish had helped the Jews and I said that was true but hundreds of thousands had helped in their destruction. Anyway the debate went around in circles and she got enraged and when she conceded it may have happened she said yeah but they were rural people, as if that makes it ok, and not near her. I posted out Stutthof was right beside her. She said but no Jews got killed there. I said actually about half of people killed there were Jews and it was about 30k of them. She looked at me and said exactly not so many. That's what the extremes stand for and I shouldn't have spent so much time laughing at them.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Kathy Sheridan has an article in today's IT about the media presenting two sides of a story as if each was equally true. when the journos, even when writing/presenting know that not to be the case, done in the cause of equality and transparency.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/kath ... -1.4355724

Of course the IT is as big an offender in this department as any.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

That is hilarious coming from the IT
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

To be fair to McConkey, he was the first to call it and means well but he should be well aware that his "zero Covid" message isn't gaining any traction and it's now time to change it.

As for the others - Staines, Killeen and ... can't believe he hasn't been mentioned - Ryan from Trinity should be banned from the airwaves. Ryan in particular. His own Twitter profile states he's "Neuroscientist (not an immunologist)".
So why the fcuk are we constantly listening to his opinions? He's also completely inarticulate
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

rfurlong wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:06 pm Dail back this evening with junior ministers taking questions ...... that's going to be some craic :lol:
did anyone notice ?
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 am
Lazy Couch potato wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 am Must say pascal donoghue has at least communicated well this morning

Looking across the water, Matt Hancock looks like he’s about to piss his pants every time he’s asked to speak. Politicians in general are not doing well with this.
Probably because he is lying through his teeth with every utterance and isn't as good at it has some of his Tory chums.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

You really need to be a liar and sociopath to be in that Tory cabinet.

The UK is becoming a state similar to Russia and China in terms of their disinformation and ability to constantly lie.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Our own government could do with a bit more of their I don't give a fück brazenness
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

nardol

Post by nardol »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 pm Staines
McConkey
Mills
O'Neill

They’ve nailed their colours to this batshit zero covid idea and now they’re doubling down

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 7/fulltext
Let's push through their ideas on the condition their income is linked to that of retail and hospitality. Let's see what their opinion is then.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 am Pat Smullen dead BM https://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2020/09 ... t-smullen/
Pancreatic cancer is a fucker
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 pm Listening to the language the Gardai are using for the young psychopath who beat the homeless man to death - seems like a proper wrong ‘un. He’s in the children’s court but it sounds like a psychiatric case. Children’s court isn’t appropriate for this. As they say in the states - you commit an adult crime you get tried in an adult court
It's a murder case.

It's not going to be heard in the Children's Court, nor could it ever be.

You may as well just declare that GPs shouldn't be performing neurosurgery.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 am Pat Smullen dead BM https://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2020/09 ... t-smullen/
Kicked the shit out of him but he kept going with fück all complaints. Some people just have it
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:55 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:58 pm Lucky charmer you probably know the publican on liveline right now - big rugby head
Not listening was his Dad a Lion?
More of a swan
Yep know him, think he also propped might have played a few AIL games. He is/was head of the vitners association, TBF it has been a very tough 6 months for them.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Anyone any recommendations for bike racks for cars?
Car doesn't have a tow-hook so looking for one that attaches to the boot rather than one for the roof.
Anyone got one of those? Cost? Brand etc?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

:nod:
Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 am Anyone any recommendations for bike racks for cars?
Car doesn't have a tow-hook so looking for one that attaches to the boot rather than one for the roof.
Decathlon have one that is cheap and works. Doesn't work on my car though :frown:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Thule are class. Pricey but very well made. You need a light board if it’s going to block your brake lights
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am :nod:
Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 am Anyone any recommendations for bike racks for cars?
Decathlon have one that is cheap and works. Doesn't work on my car though :frown:
I've a saloon. Is yours an estate?
I'd been looking at the Decathlon one