Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
CM11

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

He's right that there's a certain group where it's less dangerous than flu? Eh, that's hardly a secret.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:16 pm
camroc1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 pm Incidentally, most of the cases admitted to ICU in the last week or so, seem to have been diagnosed with covid over 2 weeks ago, which shows the lag between testing positive and it becoming serious.

Also, that ICU spokesperson in Limerick did have to tempt fate, didn't she?
I suspect that the 59 patients who contracted coved when already in hospital may have something to do with ICU cases increasing.
Any follow up to that?
Yep. The 14 day epidemiology report linked yesterday shows 3 cases hospitalised and admitted to ICU in the last 14 days even though numbers in ICU have gone from 6 to 14 in the same time frame
And you noted their clarification on that?
* The number of cases hospitalised and admitted to ICU relate only to events notified in the last 14 days and do not include cases notified prior to this and admitted to hospital or ICU in the last 14 days
Last edited by CM11 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm
Nolanator wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm
What exactly is the purpose of that account? :?
Not sure. Just thought it was interesting. David Higgins tweeted it out.
Strikes me as one of those "it's a DISGRACE" type accounts that only serve to let people wind themselves up and go a bit bananas unnecessarily.

Also, clicked a random profile in the Journal comments that was making lots of posts giving out shit about the government. So many red flags. Reference to 1916 in the twitter handle, some Irish literature extract in the bio, registered in May2020. Smelliest of smelly accounts.
Maybe, I was more interested in the geography of where the cases have been!

In terms of that type of Social Media user, they were emboldened by the Black and Tans thing (thanks Fianna Fáil) and Sinn Féin’s election result. Probably a lot of multi accounts too...once upon a time that carry on wasn’t well liked by the left in Ireland but they are looking the other way now.
Last edited by Blackrock Bullet on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-weddin ... 0-Sep2020/

"Distinct possibility" of DUblin going to level 3. It's definitely happening and they're just softening the blow for when it's announced, aren't they?

What does that mean, in practice? Mostly just about mixing households etc?
No fun. Just keep scaring the kids. It'll be fine. They'll get over it like all the kids do after prolonged periods of stress.
Blackrock Bullet

In terms of clarification, what I’d like to know is;

- how many cases were actually caught in hospitals vs. someone arriving with Covid symptoms but never have been tested before, thus going into that pile

- are the 58 of the 65 actually in hospital for Covid? If you are in hospital for a routine surgery and test positive for Covid (whether caught in the hospital or not) and have no symptoms, you shouldn’t really be marked down as such.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

That map is gas. If you go on the page they have got schools wrong and all you have to do to get included is send them a message and say 'Eh I hear Stats's kids school is riddled all over the gaff'
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 pm He's right that there's a certain group where it's less dangerous than flu? Eh, that's hardly a secret.
So why was he forced to resign
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:21 pm He's right that there's a certain group where it's less dangerous than flu? Eh, that's hardly a secret.
It is fücked up but his conscience is clear. His problem is how weak the politicians are. I know it myself as I am not that militant on it all bar the joshing on here yet I get called Gemma now regularly. In itself that is funny but the facts are any dissent and you are marked as a right wing loon. I am not
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm
It is fücked up but his conscience is clear. His problem is how weak the politicians are. I know it myself as I am not that militant on it all bar the joshing on here yet I get called Gemma now regularly. In itself that is funny but the facts are any dissent and you are marked as a right wing loon. I am not
Sure I’ve been called an anti vaxxer on here. I’m probably the most pro science person you could meet.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Not saying I agree with it, but the reasons would be muddying the waters and downplaying the disease. As I said, I don't see how his comments are helpful as there isn't a clear type who are 'immune' from its effects. The closest you get to that is under 10s but it's impossible to infect all of them in isolation, as it is with every group you could pick to be risk free.

To be honest, I think he could have just clarified his remarks and gotten on with his life but there you go.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 pm
Not saying I agree with it, but the reasons would be muddying the waters and downplaying the disease. As I said, I don't see how his comments are helpful as there isn't a clear type who are 'immune' from its effects. The closest you get to that is under 10s but it's impossible to infect all of them in isolation, as it is with every group you could pick to be risk free.

To be honest, I think he could have just clarified his remarks and gotten on with his life but there you go.
These are complicated issues Statto. We have research neuroscientists who haven’t left a research lab in their lives pontificating about epidemiology on Primetime but then you have an actual serious consultant doctor with clinical experience to beat the band and a serious career who gets cancelled for giving his opinion on the virus.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 pm

These are complicated issues Statto. We have research neuroscientists who haven’t left a research lab in their lives pontificating about epidemiology on Primetime but then you have an actual serious consultant doctor with clinical experience to beat the band and a serious career who gets cancelled for giving his opinion on the virus.
As I said, I don't agree with him being 'canceled' but I honestly don't see how his comments were helpful. This is clearly not just the flu/a cold for enough of the population to be significant. How we have dealt with this since it's been controlled is definitely under question. I think we wasted the summer personally. But we can't just go completely back to normal.

Equally, I don't see the zero covid group's comments as helpful either as it's unrealistic.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I saw one of the top WHO lads David something or other was saying this pandemic is worse than any science fiction version of a pandemic and really laying it on for the Commons in the UK. He said it could have been prevented if only they had been listened to in January. Anyway when you pick apart what he is saying he is talking about the economic cost of it not the actual disease. So here is a crazy idea Ravey Davey give different advice.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Testing capacity at breaking point. This will lead to it being harder to test asymptomatic close contacts, who may be forced to go without a test.

I think they're going to have to be more strict again with the criteria too. Given how easily the current cold is doing the rounds, it's no surprise we're seeing an increased covid spread too
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm I saw one of the top WHO lads David something or other was saying this pandemic is worse than any science fiction version of a pandemic and really laying it on for the Commons in the UK. He said it could have been prevented if only they had been listened to in January. Anyway when you pick apart what he is saying he is talking about the economic cost of it not the actual disease. So here is a crazy idea Ravey Davey give different advice.
The WHO are complaining they weren't listened to in January? Really? Was this before or after they were saying it wasn't airborne at all or that it wasn't easily transferred human to human?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

They have been on high 'It wasn't me' alert since Trump piled on
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:57 pm Testing capacity at breaking point. This will lead to it being harder to test asymptomatic close contacts, who may be forced to go without a test.

I think they're going to have to be more strict again with the criteria too. Given how easily the current cold is doing the rounds, it's no surprise we're seeing an increased covid spread too
I was in a test centre yesterday and it sure as shit didn't look like it was at breaking point to me.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

danthefan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:57 pm Testing capacity at breaking point. This will lead to it being harder to test asymptomatic close contacts, who may be forced to go without a test.

I was in a test centre yesterday and it sure as shit didn't look like it was at breaking point to me.
https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/ne ... r-2020.pdf

More cases referred on Monday compared to previous week. Community testing hitting capacity.

The test centres themselves aren't going to look jammed as you can't just rock on up, so you're only going to get the people in or around your appointment time. Which test centre?
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:09 pm

More cases referred on Monday compared to previous week. Community testing hitting capacity.

The test centres themselves aren't going to look jammed as you can't just rock on up, so you're only going to get the people in or around your appointment time. Which test centre?
The national show centre near the airport.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

danthefan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:14 pm

The national show centre near the airport.
:thumbup:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Looking at Dublin, it’s high all over,” he said. “There’s only one area where it’s low. The area from Blackrock to the coast along Bray. That would be the only area you could consider excluding.”
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

I would imagine that the bottlenck in testing capacity lies in lab facilities and capabilities, not the places where they actually take the swabs.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm I would imagine that the bottlenck in testing capacity lies in lab facilities and capabilities, not the places where they actually take the swabs.
Certainly that would be the overall bottleneck but it was interesting to note that community swabs taken over the weekend were much higher than the previous weekend. We had a refferal Tuesday morning which didn't give us an appointment until Thursday so I imagine most referred from Wednesday afternoon on were pushed to the weekend.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm
Looking at Dublin, it’s high all over,” he said. “There’s only one area where it’s low. The area from Blackrock to the coast along Bray. That would be the only area you could consider excluding.”
Are they using the schools twitter thing as evidence?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Leinster in London wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 pm
I've just added Leinsterman's school to that
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Leinster in London wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 pm
That's Leo. He'd have the HSE stats.
Blackrock Bullet

God's country
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 am That is hilarious coming from the IT
did you see yer man Oliver Callans opinion piece yesterday ...... unmitigated BS .... and the IT then pontificate about the dangers of giving non-experts platform to spout nonsense? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ireland has even provided a sort of free legal aid service when tech companies’ remarkably low tax rate is challenged by the EU.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm
did you see yer man Oliver Callans opinion piece yesterday ...... unmitigated BS .... and the IT then pontificate about the dangers of giving non-experts platform to spout nonsense? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ireland has even provided a sort of free legal aid service when tech companies’ remarkably low tax rate is challenged by the EU.
Astonishing stuff. They have two opinion piece writers in Una and Kitty and Naomi O'Leary the European Correspondent opinion piece writer whose sole jobs appears to be smashing the patriarchal government facistic structures
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Actually, we all have the HSE stats. Dublin South is the only area with a low rate per 100k at 46.

Dublin South City and Dublin North are just below 100.

Everyone else above 100.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm
Do they? The IT is full of such shíte.

Apple's lawyers should sue the cúnt for defamation.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

For all we know, we could have plenty of no-shows.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:21 pm

True.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

That's a very good point.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Loads in Limerick at the moment as in no shows so.presume the same elsewhere
normilet

Post by normilet »

danthefan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Anecdotally, I'm hearing of parents who because one kid in the school is getting a test, are arranging for their own to also get tested, but the second the first kid is coming back negative, they aren't bothering to show up for their own appointment.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

normilet wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:50 pm
danthefan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Anecdotally, I'm hearing of parents who because one kid in the school is getting a test, are arranging for their own to also get tested, but the second the first kid is coming back negative, they aren't bothering to show up for their own appointment.
Ah, that's just stupid. Are they faking the symptoms with the GP to get the test?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

ABP have granted PP to Cairns Homes for the ex RTE site in Donnybrook.

611 apartments in 9 blocks ranging from 4 to 10 stories.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.4356303

The developers had a model built of the proposals - some good pictures of it here :

https://www.montroseplanningshd.com/cgis

This one has already been to the HC, and probably will be again.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 pm That map is gas. If you go on the page they have got schools wrong and all you have to do to get included is send them a message and say 'Eh I hear Stats's kids school is riddled all over the gaff'
vast majority of the flagged schools are in shitty areas of the city. Coincidence? I think not
Blackrock Bullet

After Desmond's PR stunt and his wife's court case, this is great news.

Hopefully Cairn get going on this ASAP, they've let a few sites sit around for a while.