Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
anonymous_joe

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by anonymous_joe »

At all times it's been accepted she is both dangerous and a real threat.

You're trying to imply it's not being taken seriously because she's really a man, but there's no evidence for that whatsoever. It's clearly being taken extraordinarily seriously by all of the concerned parties, including the judiciary, Gardaí, Túsla/HSE, etc.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Yeah the judiciary are so deadly serious about it they let her out.

If they were anymore serious about it we would start to worry
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

lilyw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:11 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:55 pm The numbers, even the Dublin numbers are so low that the stats are likely being skewed by a low number of discrete events. There were 42 cases in Donegal today. Two or three events could account for two thirds of that number.
I was trying to tell yiz this months ago
I thought Dublin was high enough that Germany has declared anyone travelling from there had to isolate for 14 days/pass a covid test ? Any news on having test set ups at Dublin airport so that incoming travellers can get tested and skip the 14 day quarantine ? have a bunch of yanks coming in November for an ISO13485 audit of new facility (so its not exactly zoomable and something we can delay) ; getting them to isolate for 14 days will be a nightmare.
Why? There's plenty of notice and they can work remotely at their day jobs while isolating. It's just something to build into the project plan.
let me guess,.....you're a public servant ?! :shock:
ticketlessinseattle

danthefan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:30 am There's a 3fe truck near me, it's manned by some moustache twirling hipster and the coffee is rotten.
cancel danthefan
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:48 am
rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 am
rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:11 am So rising cases will have no effect on the health service this winter ...... either directly through covid patients in hospital wards or in ICU, or indirectly through a situation where all other healthcare activities/consultations/elective surgeries etc will grind to a halt ...... good to know.

Let it rip
Nobody said that, stop lying
So what level of chaos in the health service is acceptable this winter Brock?

What number of cases does your chosen level of chaos correlate with?

The truth is you have no clue what the consequences of your preferred approach will be

You're just another ditch hurler like fester 7 years ago telling us all that we need to demolish 20,000 houses
We had 180 beds up to 500 capacity free at the height of Covid in ICU, with a further 300 available.

Our hospitals were not overran. We had hospitals doing nothing, that could have been doing day to day work. Hindsight of course, but those are the facts. Covid ran pretty much uninterrupted into mid March and by the peak hospitalisation day, we were not overran.

As I pointed out previously, we grew from 20 hospitalisations to a peak of nearly 900 in one month between mid April and March. We grew from 20 to 90 in one month to September 21st, with many of those cases “questionable” given the patient acquiring data. It is quite clear that we are mitigating this to a significant degree. We need more transparency on hospitalisations, not simply lifting HSE skewed data out and putting in news reports. That’s what the trade unions do weekly and it is to suit an agenda, I know that appeals to a simpleton like yourself, but this is no time for agendas.

The role out of the flu shot is key to keeping hospitalisations down. This “great Government” (as you described them), have failed to have them rolled out in time. I do think Botha is right though on the flu overall, we have seen it in Australia where the flu is right down all over due to the level of Covid social distancing on show, and many of the most vulnerable unfortunately passed away from Covid earlier this year.

I believe in a firmly data and evidenced approach to this, to continue mitigating the spread with a cost benefit approach. NPHET’s decision on pubs and restaurants was built on examples in August, with a few newspaper articles looked at on Google (see the reporting of their minutes last week). Nolan last week was a disgrace in talking about this. NPHET have not really gone to see what the drivers of infection were since June 30th, it is unacceptable and Michael McDowell has correctly called them out on this.

To me we are continuing to mitigate this well as a society. This talk of “exponential” growth is utter BS, everywhere (no matter the motivation level) this virus has behaved with 2 to 3 weeks of large growth before levelling off.

We cannot just close a large industry down without doing good solid research into it being a major and uncontrollable force of infection. I fully accept that many of the leaders are now simply scared and see this as the best course, but that doesn’t give them a pass.

Micheal Martin has stated that this will go on until the end of 2021. Sam McConkey wants a 7 year plan. Your contention here has been that they have doing a great job along with some bullshit about the sine curve and claiming the strategy is for hospitality to be open for Christmas. If you were actually economically literate then you would be demanding better standards here from them. The sad truth though is that despite cloaking yourself in the leftie approach of “what about deaths”, you are a prick with little real empathy. Hospitality workers don’t pay much tax so fudge them is your attitude, if they were white collar you’d have a very different thinking process on this.
I have no empathy cos I believe people losing their lives is
a more important consideration than some student losing his part time job in the bar? :lol:

You've talked some nonsense on here but that's a real doozy

You're obviously rattled now that you're throwing out the personal insults ........ maybe, just maybe, the health professionals are a little more trustworthy on this than lads on the Internet?
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:30 pm Yeah the judiciary are so deadly serious about it they let her out.

I thought you were opposed to judges making up the law?
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:05 am It's very interesting. I see the CDC are having a huge internal row over close contact vs. airborne, which I'm guessing is tangential to this. @Duff, I assume you wouldn't get the same viral load from airborne?
It is indeed interesting ..... and it suggests that places where masks can't be routinely worn, like eh ..... bars and restaurants, should potentially be avoided to some extent, if a person wants to limit the "viral load" that they may encounter in a opened up economy ......

Who'd have thunk it
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:39 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:48 am
rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 am
rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:11 am So rising cases will have no effect on the health service this winter ...... either directly through covid patients in hospital wards or in ICU, or indirectly through a situation where all other healthcare activities/consultations/elective surgeries etc will grind to a halt ...... good to know.

Let it rip
Nobody said that, stop lying
So what level of chaos in the health service is acceptable this winter Brock?

What number of cases does your chosen level of chaos correlate with?

The truth is you have no clue what the consequences of your preferred approach will be

You're just another ditch hurler like fester 7 years ago telling us all that we need to demolish 20,000 houses
We had 180 beds up to 500 capacity free at the height of Covid in ICU, with a further 300 available.

Our hospitals were not overran. We had hospitals doing nothing, that could have been doing day to day work. Hindsight of course, but those are the facts. Covid ran pretty much uninterrupted into mid March and by the peak hospitalisation day, we were not overran.

As I pointed out previously, we grew from 20 hospitalisations to a peak of nearly 900 in one month between mid April and March. We grew from 20 to 90 in one month to September 21st, with many of those cases “questionable” given the patient acquiring data. It is quite clear that we are mitigating this to a significant degree. We need more transparency on hospitalisations, not simply lifting HSE skewed data out and putting in news reports. That’s what the trade unions do weekly and it is to suit an agenda, I know that appeals to a simpleton like yourself, but this is no time for agendas.

The role out of the flu shot is key to keeping hospitalisations down. This “great Government” (as you described them), have failed to have them rolled out in time. I do think Botha is right though on the flu overall, we have seen it in Australia where the flu is right down all over due to the level of Covid social distancing on show, and many of the most vulnerable unfortunately passed away from Covid earlier this year.

I believe in a firmly data and evidenced approach to this, to continue mitigating the spread with a cost benefit approach. NPHET’s decision on pubs and restaurants was built on examples in August, with a few newspaper articles looked at on Google (see the reporting of their minutes last week). Nolan last week was a disgrace in talking about this. NPHET have not really gone to see what the drivers of infection were since June 30th, it is unacceptable and Michael McDowell has correctly called them out on this.

To me we are continuing to mitigate this well as a society. This talk of “exponential” growth is utter BS, everywhere (no matter the motivation level) this virus has behaved with 2 to 3 weeks of large growth before levelling off.

We cannot just close a large industry down without doing good solid research into it being a major and uncontrollable force of infection. I fully accept that many of the leaders are now simply scared and see this as the best course, but that doesn’t give them a pass.

Micheal Martin has stated that this will go on until the end of 2021. Sam McConkey wants a 7 year plan. Your contention here has been that they have doing a great job along with some bullshit about the sine curve and claiming the strategy is for hospitality to be open for Christmas. If you were actually economically literate then you would be demanding better standards here from them. The sad truth though is that despite cloaking yourself in the leftie approach of “what about deaths”, you are a prick with little real empathy. Hospitality workers don’t pay much tax so fudge them is your attitude, if they were white collar you’d have a very different thinking process on this.
I have no empathy cos I believe people losing their lives is
a more important consideration than some student losing his part time job in the bar? :lol:

You've talked some nonsense on here but that's a real doozy

You're obviously rattled now that you're throwing out the personal insults ........ maybe, just maybe, the health professionals are a little more trustworthy on this than lads on the Internet?
The facts are that people lose their lives everyday because of the actions of everyone else going about their lives. It’s a pissweak form of argument but that’s your level.

Would you care to tell us all what you think should happen? Do you agree with Sam McConkey that we need a seven year plan? Would you be happy for the hospitality and aviation industries to be shut down on and off until the end of 2021, if not longer? If you respond with something about a vaccine, will you change your mind if they fail?
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:05 am It's very interesting. I see the CDC are having a huge internal row over close contact vs. airborne, which I'm guessing is tangential to this. @Duff, I assume you wouldn't get the same viral load from airborne?
It is indeed interesting ..... and it suggests that places where masks can't be routinely worn, like eh ..... bars and restaurants, should potentially be avoided to some extent, if a person wants to limit the "viral load" that they may encounter in a opened up economy ......

Who'd have thunk it
Yes who would have thought it.

Nobody said you couldn’t contract Covid in indoor settings. The question has always been to the degree it happens in an indoor setting with different factors involved, including physical distancing, ventilation and things like masks. It’s an open question still to what degree this drives it.

In Ireland we saw a tiny number of outbreaks based on 48 hours, which it does not appear as though much further work was done on. Such work would have been looking at red distancing measures in place, the ventilation, the number in the premises at the time and how many got it.

Beyond 48 hours, they did nothing.

6 months in, it’s not acceptable to claim we don’t have the resources and also some gibberish about Irish people being forgetful. Anyone who styles themselves as economically literate would be demeaning more than what we have gotten from NPHET and the Government.

It is really hilarious the way you tried to save your chops as economically sane by claiming this was a sine curve strategy designed so the hospitality sector could be open by Christmas.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:36 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:30 am There's a 3fe truck near me, it's manned by some moustache twirling hipster and the coffee is rotten.
cancel danthefan
Excuse me. It's personed. Please uncancel me.
ticketlessinseattle

danthefan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:36 pm
cancel danthefan
Excuse me. It's personed. Please uncancel me.
once you complete the return to play protocols and do the 6 month re-education program it will be reviewed by the board ; JK Rowling is just ahead of you so we're looking at Q3-2021
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

look at this gobshite

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/c ... 61710.html

Goes to work in his pub while awaiting a Covid results (which came back positive) claiming he didnt know he should isolate
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:04 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:35 am "The truth can only be found if you know where to look: In the court notes for the case, which are posted online:

“G. is now seventeen years old. Born male, G. has from the aged of fifteen self-identified as a transgender person male to female. Accordingly, at the express behest of G., female gender pronouns are utilised throughout this judgment”"

I reckon that's easily checked and therefore true.

I suspect it wasnt picked up on from sheer journalistic laziness rather than an ideology bent.
What does that change?
I genuinely don’t know if you’re either the greatest troll in the history of the board or completely insane
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:30 pm Yeah the judiciary are so deadly serious about it they let her out.

This is deadly serious. Oh yeah she can have bail.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:46 pm

She’s up on 3 other charges amongst multiple previous convictions
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:34 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:55 pm The numbers, even the Dublin numbers are so low that the stats are likely being skewed by a low number of discrete events. There were 42 cases in Donegal today. Two or three events could account for two thirds of that number.
I thought Dublin was high enough that Germany has declared anyone travelling from there had to isolate for 14 days/pass a covid test ? Any news on having test set ups at Dublin airport so that incoming travellers can get tested and skip the 14 day quarantine ? have a bunch of yanks coming in November for an ISO13485 audit of new facility (so its not exactly zoomable and something we can delay) ; getting them to isolate for 14 days will be a nightmare.
Why? There's plenty of notice and they can work remotely at their day jobs while isolating. It's just something to build into the project plan.
Never worked a day in the Public Service in my life. On the other hand (unlike you I guess) I ran large multinational companies both in Ireland, across Western Europe, & in Sub-Saharan Africa (divisions with almost 10,000 staff). I am intimately familiar with what's involved in getting teams of people to travel the world, how to build in lots of wiggle room to account for changing circumstances, & how to actually plan for things that are 100% visible over 2 months out - if your company can't manage that then perhaps they need to take a hard look at themselves.

"A nightmare" - get off your a**e & do some project planning.
ticketlessinseattle

HighKingLeinster wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:16 pm look at this gobshite

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/c ... 61710.html

Goes to work in his pub while awaiting a Covid results (which came back positive) claiming he didnt know he should isolate
:lol: I tink dere was someting on the news alright about it alright now that you mention dis isolating ting hah ?
ticketlessinseattle

lilyw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:20 pm

Never worked a day in the Public Service in my life. On the other hand (unlike you I guess) I ran large multinational companies both in Ireland, across Western Europe, & in Sub-Saharan Africa (divisions with almost 10,000 staff). I am intimately familiar with what's involved in getting teams of people to travel the world, how to build in lots of wiggle room to account for changing circumstances, & how to actually plan for things that are 100% visible over 2 months out - if your company can't manage that then perhaps they need to take a hard look at themselves.

fair enough ; the project planning is the easy bit ; getting the CEO (who insists on coming) and head of regulatory to sit in a hotel room for 2 weeks is the pain in the hole part ; them and the team of auditors also coming from the states
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Dr Martin Feeley strikes back

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/dr-m ... 3?mode=amp

The HSE won’t be happy
ticketlessinseattle

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:25 pm
lilyw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:20 pm

fair enough ; the project planning is the easy bit ; getting the CEO (who insists on coming) and head of regulatory to sit in a hotel room for 2 weeks is the pain in the hole part ; them and the team of auditors also coming from the states
ps we had to charter a plane from Brazil into Paraguay 2 weeks ago, (after they'd flow from Texas), meet with ministry of health there, escort them to hospital and get them back out again within 24 hours ; probably doing something similar in Beirut next month ; all depends on results of a discography that happens within 48 hours of the surgery ; all that is manageable ; its the sitting in a hotel room for 2 weeks is the bollix ; I'm wondering if this thingy about getting a test at the airport to avoid it is going to be an option by November
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Regardless, we need to stop scaring the nation; be honest with the nation and consider how to better facilitate personal choice.
Go Martin Go
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Anto Fauci is on the late late tonight - should be full value
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:29 pm Dr Martin Feeley strikes back

The HSE won’t be happy
Up to August 10th, the number of Europeans who died from a Covid-19 illness (182,639) was slightly above the number who died three years ago as a result of “flu” (152,000)
A) It's not "slightly above" it's 20% above
B) he's deliberately picked a year with particularly high flu deaths
C) We're only 3/4 of the way through this year and
D) We're taking unprecedented measures in pretty much every European country to curtail the spread of covid, something that has never been done with flu.

Everyone's being a rhetorical prick about everything these days.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:20 pm

He...he ffs
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

alliswell wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:38 pm

The HSE won’t be happy
Up to August 10th, the number of Europeans who died from a Covid-19 illness (182,639) was slightly above the number who died three years ago as a result of “flu” (152,000)
D) We're taking unprecedented measures in pretty much every European country to curtail the spread of covid, something that has never been done with flu.

He’s giving it some context - we don’t shut down the country for the flu even in bad flu years. Keep ‘em coming as you read through the article.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:47 pm

He...he ffs
I don’t want to be cancelled by Alliswell
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

And?

This hearing is to do with the ramifications of a child in care turning 18.
Blackrock Bullet

The HSE won’t be happy

It's not like for like as people who pass from Covid may have passed from flu anyway and there will have been flu deaths as well. Excess deaths are the key metric over time but it is still useful for illustrative purposes to point this out. The reality is that if people practiced better hygiene, got the flu shot and discipline over staying away from other when sick, our hospitals (which are always said to be overran in winter) would be emptier and we'd have less deaths.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:48 pm

The HSE won’t be happy

He’s giving it some context - we don’t shut down the country for the flu even in bad flu years. Keep ‘em coming as you read through the article.
We probably would without a vaccine.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

The HSE won’t be happy

Without getting into an argument, "bad" flu years, tend to be followed by two or three "good" flu years, because those susceptible, and with co-morbidities, die in the "bad" years. The argument at the moment is about whether the second wave of covid will be as bad as the first, and depending on the answer to that question, how reasonable is it to shut down large parts of the economy.

Evidence to date suggests that the second wave of covid will not be as bad as the first, probably by a factor of between 8 and 10 based on the evidence we have so far, and that will be confirmed over the next week or so. The question then is why are we restricting the economy so much ?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

The HSE won’t be happy
I love him. Rob and Ferg will have to wait
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

A psycho child you was slapped on the wrist instead of committed at the pleasure of the Minister for Justice as Cammy suggested
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 pm

And?

And... you probably shouldn’t let someone out of custody when they are up in front of the courts on multiple serious criminal charges and pose a threat to the safety of the public, duh
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Although, the biggest difference, as far as I can tell, between flu and covid is that flu has a much shorter incubation period and doesn't have much/any asymptomatic spread so its reproduction rate is steady. We'd probably open up completely if you could guarantee the same reproduction rate as flu.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:48 pm

The HSE won’t be happy

We probably would without a vaccine.
Would we fudge - half the years the vaccine is useless as it is based on the 3 most likely predicted strains 6M previous
CM11

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 pm

The HSE won’t be happy

Without getting into an argument, "bad" flu years, tend to be followed by two or three "good" flu years, because those susceptible, and with co-morbidities, die in the "bad" years. The argument at the moment is about whether the second wave of covid will be as bad as the first, and depending on the answer to that question, how reasonable is it to shut down large parts of the economy.

Evidence to date suggests that the second wave of covid will not be as bad as the first, probably by a factor of between 8 and 10 based on the evidence we have so far, and that will be confirmed over the next week or so. The question then is why are we restricting the economy so much ?
Confirmed in the next week cam? Wtf? :lol:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

It is reckoned that the more versions of the flu virus you have taken the more likely your body's own defences will be against new mutations anyway.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 pm

The HSE won’t be happy

Confirmed in the next week cam? Wtf? :lol:
We'll know then whether the number of cases has plateaued or not ( page 2 graph of the daily operations report).
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:55 pm
anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 pm

And?

And... you probably shouldn’t let someone out of custody when they are up in front of the courts on multiple serious criminal charges and pose a threat to the safety of the public, duh
Well take that up with the Dáil and then arrange the appropriate referendum.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:35 pm Anto Fauci is on the late late tonight - should be full value
I look forward to Brocks take down of the eminent doctor, if Anto has the temerity to suggest that Ireland is getting things mostly right.....