Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Nolanator

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:16 pm look at this gobshite

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/c ... 61710.html

Goes to work in his pub while awaiting a Covid results (which came back positive) claiming he didnt know he should isolate
Fúcking prick.

"Didn't know I should isolate" and "the large party of people in my pub was a surprise".
Fúck off. You took the piss and you were sick.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:35 pm Anto Fauci is on the late late tonight - should be full value
I look forward to Brocks take down of the eminent doctor, if Anto has the temerity to suggest that Ireland is getting things mostly right.....
With his experience he’s probably one of the most interesting people on the planet. There’ll be a lot he can’t say of course but I just hope Tubs shuts the fudge up and let’s him speak.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Nolanator wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Goes to work in his pub while awaiting a Covid results (which came back positive) claiming he didnt know he should isolate
Fúcking prick.

"Didn't know I should isolate" and "the large party of people in my pub was a surprise".
Was listening to a piece on RTE radio this morning (Claire Byrne) about Garda checkpoints on the Dublin/Wicklow border .....

"Where are you going"?

"Bray"

"whats the nature of your visit"?

"Going to walk the dog on the beach"

"In the dark"?

"Yeah"

"Where are you coming from"?

"Ballyferrrrrrmah"

"Ok, I'm advising you to turn around and walk the dog on a Dublin beach"

"its a bleedin' disgrace, the gubbermint are a joke, can't even go for a jaysis pint ... I mean a walk"
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:35 pm Anto Fauci is on the late late tonight - should be full value
I look forward to Brocks take down of the eminent doctor, if Anto has the temerity to suggest that Ireland is getting things mostly right.....
With his experience he’s probably one of the most interesting people on the planet. There’ll be a lot he can’t say of course but I just hope Tubs shuts the fudge up and let’s him speak.
agreed
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:38 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm
agreed
I’m worried Ryan will try to use it as a Trump bashing exercise because it’s a easy win with Irish audiences. I’d be more interested in giving him the whole (now reduced length) show and listening to him talk about each of the big viruses that have emerged since he was appointed by Reagan - HIV, Ebola, SARS/MERS, and Covid.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:03 pm
CM11 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 pm
alliswell wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:38 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:29 pm Dr Martin Feeley strikes back

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/dr-m ... 3?mode=amp

The HSE won’t be happy
Up to August 10th, the number of Europeans who died from a Covid-19 illness (182,639) was slightly above the number who died three years ago as a result of “flu” (152,000)
A) It's not "slightly above" it's 20% above
B) he's deliberately picked a year with particularly high flu deaths
C) We're only 3/4 of the way through this year and
D) We're taking unprecedented measures in pretty much every European country to curtail the spread of covid, something that has never been done with flu.

Everyone's being a rhetorical prick about everything these days.
Without getting into an argument, "bad" flu years, tend to be followed by two or three "good" flu years, because those susceptible, and with co-morbidities, die in the "bad" years. The argument at the moment is about whether the second wave of covid will be as bad as the first, and depending on the answer to that question, how reasonable is it to shut down large parts of the economy.

Evidence to date suggests that the second wave of covid will not be as bad as the first, probably by a factor of between 8 and 10 based on the evidence we have so far, and that will be confirmed over the next week or so. The question then is why are we restricting the economy so much ?
Confirmed in the next week cam? Wtf? :lol:
We'll know then whether the number of cases has plateaued or not ( page 2 graph of the daily operations report).
We won't know the severity of the second wave until the wave is over. Which is most likely going to be next Feb or March. Unless you're going to declare a wave over the minute cases stop going up. The plan will be to try to keep the 'curve' at a level just below where we are. Whether that's realistic or sensible is certainly questionable.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

anonymous_joe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:28 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:14 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:32 am
Leinsterman wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:27 am Check out the Waterford Whispers tweet with the piss-take magazine cover further down that link.

Also, quite a stark stat in another tweet below about the number of Starbucks in Ireland. I'd love to see the stats for coffee shops in ireland but I bet we score quite high in terms of cafes per head of population. I'd just like to see a few more independent ones rather than Starbucks, Costa or Insomnia everywhere.
I view those places more like the modern day version of pubs than coffee shops. You’re paying to sit in their warm building and use their WiFi. Their coffee is bog basic, insomnia being slightly better than the other two. They’re filled with people who aren’t really that bothered about the coffee - you hear a lot of stupid orders at the counter like “make it extra hot”. If you want really good coffee yeah it has to be independent as you say but I don’t mind making the effort for that.
Starbucks called it the third place or some other BS. In Ireland the only ones that have been relatively successful are the larger ones that you can lounge around in like you say - in the US there are loads of drive thrus and small takeaway (it's either Dunkin or Starbucks for the most part downtown in NY and Boston) like shops, that haven't done well here, though they have only just opened their drive thru in Blanchardstown I believe.
There's loads of independent hipstery coffee shops around the Four Courts. The Stoneybatter/Smithfield area is fairly good for niche businesses to survive, but even there, the Costa in Smithfield is depressingly busy.
For every costa or insomnia there's 3-4 independt places.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Mullet 2 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:55 pm A psycho child you was slapped on the wrist instead of committed at the pleasure of the Minister for Justice as Cammy suggested
This is what a slap on the wrist looked like when I was a teenager

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Joseph ... etterfrack
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

What take down?

Faucci didn't exactly cover himself in glory in January and February on Covid.

Fun though to see this from you. The LLS would be your level of discussion and energy alright.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:34 pm
What take down?

Fun though to see this from you. The LLS would be your level of discussion and energy alright.
you're really making a dick of yourself right now :roll:
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

:thumbup: thats a bit of a coup ! looking forward to that ; mate of mine (well, of missus) Quentin Fottrell interviewed him a few months back ; he always come across as one of the good guys without much ego
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:54 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:34 pm
What take down?

you're really making a dick of yourself right now :roll:
Say that enough and it'll come true.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

"Anthony, or may I call you Tony? Do you have any Irish blood?"
"Have you ever visited Ireland?"
And so on...
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Here's Una Mulally extolling the alternative approach to tapering PUP .....

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/only ... -1.4364474
Humphreys’ excuse is that we don’t have an endless supply of money. It’s a pity the government doesn’t think about that when it pours billions into inflated budgets on capital spending projects, or as it continues to fritter away billions into a hole of banking debt we all carry the burden of, or when it outright refused to collect tax from Apple.
thats some company you keep brock :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:05 pm Here's Una Mulally extolling the alternative approach to tapering PUP .....

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/only ... -1.4364474
Humphreys’ excuse is that we don’t have an endless supply of money. It’s a pity the government doesn’t think about that when it pours billions into inflated budgets on capital spending projects, or as it continues to fritter away billions into a hole of banking debt we all carry the burden of, or when it outright refused to collect tax from Apple.
thats some company you keep brock :lol:
What company?

I never said I disagreed with tapering off the PUP, but I didn’t agree with closing down an industry with 10s of thousands of job losses either. I said it was moronic communications to do it on the same day.

Seeing as you are all in favour of lockdowns until the end of 2021, do you agree with the PUP continuing until then or should it be gone before the end of that year?
Blackrock Bullet

Leinsterman wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:05 pm "Anthony, or may I call you Tony? Do you have any Irish blood?"
"Have you ever visited Ireland?"
And so on...
He’s a very interesting chap but it will he exactly like this. Tubirdy also trying to get him to spill the tea on Trump with Faucci avoiding the answer.
Blackrock Bullet

I see the latest undermining of the Government's Living with Covid plan is for university teaching to go online for two weeks. Simon couldn't stay out of the limelight for long though.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

rfurlong

Please don't quote Una Mullaly ever again. Ta.
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

Anyone know of the train stations are being checkpointed
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Fúcking prick.

I would think that the guards would be involved at this stage no ?
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Fúcking prick.

Not fit to serve a controlled substance to anyone. Hope he has his license shoved up his arse and lit.
Last edited by redderneck on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 pm
:thumbup: thats a bit of a coup ! looking forward to that ; mate of mine (well, of missus) Quentin Fottrell interviewed him a few months back ; he always come across as one of the good guys without much ego
To be fair to Tubridy, I happened to be listening to his radio show earlier this week and he mentioned Fauci was coming up on the Late Late and he mentioned how much he was looking forward to the interview, noting that Fauci has been pretty much sidelined from the US media by Trump in recent times - "which explains how we managed to get him, I guess!!!" which I thought was refreshingly honest/aware of him...
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Fúcking prick.

If they can oppose to the license for Berlin D2 being renewed, then they should definitely object to this one's next renewal as well.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:57 pm
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Fúcking prick.

If they can oppose to the license for Berlin D2 being renewed, then they should definitely object to this one's next renewal as well.
+1

What an absolute twat. 'no one told me I had to isolate with symptoms of a disease causing worldwide panic while waiting for a test result'. No one should have to tell you, you absolute eejit.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I bet you anything he self diagnosed himself with a cold and risked work assuming a negative test. Selfish prick.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

TheBouncer wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:25 pm Anyone know of the train stations are being checkpointed
Can't see that happening, unless you have a big rucksack or suitcase with you. I still think it's unlikely.
Doesn't look like there's any checkpoints on some of the motorways anyway, judging by the traffic part of Google Maps.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

CM11 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:00 pm+1

What an absolute twat. 'no one told me I had to isolate with symptoms of a disease causing worldwide panic while waiting for a test result'. No one should have to tell you, you absolute eejit.
He's obviously lying through his teeth. If he talked to a contact tracer, they 100% told him because it is on their script. If he talked to his GP I cannot imagine they didn't tell him. And there's no f**king way he hasn't seen some story over the last 6 months of 'X person is isolating after coming into contact with..."
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:03 pm I bet you anything he self diagnosed himself with a cold and risked work assuming a negative test. Selfish prick.
He self identified as having a cold you prejudice monster
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

redderneck wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:57 pm
To be fair to Tubridy, I happened to be listening to his radio show earlier this week and he mentioned Fauci was coming up on the Late Late and he mentioned how much he was looking forward to the interview, noting that Fauci has been pretty much sidelined from the US media by Trump in recent times - "which explains how we managed to get him, I guess!!!" which I thought was refreshingly honest/aware of him...
I’ve met him a few times he is a smart guy - he has improved a lot on the late late in the past years and the shorter show is better.
Blackrock Bullet

CM11

Post by CM11 »

danthefan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:14 pm
CM11 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:00 pm+1

He's obviously lying through his teeth. If he talked to a contact tracer, they 100% told him because it is on their script. If he talked to his GP I cannot imagine they didn't tell him. And there's no f**king way he hasn't seen some story over the last 6 months of 'X person is isolating after coming into contact with..."
Yep.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:24 pm
I’ve met him a few times he is a smart guy - he has improved a lot on the late late in the past years and the shorter show is better.
He and his bro have certainly done well for themselves career wise.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Floppykid wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:55 pm
I changed my mind about Ryan when I saw how decent/natural he was around my young lad during Toy Show auditions, and subsequently with my nieces a few years later when they went through the same process. The 'parent filter' I guess... :)
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

I chatted to him once - he was with a mutual acquaintance in O'Donoghues when I stopped in for a pint - he seemed a lovely man.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

redderneck wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:59 pm
Floppykid wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:55 pm

I changed my mind about Ryan when I saw how decent/natural he was around my young lad during Toy Show auditions, and subsequently with my nieces a few years later when they went through the same process. The 'parent filter' I guess... :)
I've heard that before alright (maybe from you previously). Apparently he only does the late late for the toy show (hyperbole, I'm sure).
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

I know someone who used to work on the toy show (behind the scenes), never heard any gossip about him being a plum or anything. He seems grand.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

His radio show is pants. Should be called the book review show as that's all he ever talks about.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:25 pm His radio show is pants. Should be called the book review show as that's all he ever talks about.
How many radio shows, bar music ones, are not pants these days?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

danthefan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:27 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:25 pm His radio show is pants. Should be called the book review show as that's all he ever talks about.
How many radio shows, bar music ones, are not pants these days?
I like morning Ireland.

Only listen to music on Spotify