Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
iarmhiman
Posts: 41377
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:52 pm Read it and weep.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/

I hope Mehole has grown some balls.
Not a hope. This government has delegated all decision making to an advisory body for public health.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

diarm wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm I'd say they're recommending level 5 so they can bring in level 4 nationwide without everyone losing their shit.
Yup. :?
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 21798
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by HighKingLeinster »

They can fùck off with either lvl 4 or 5. This is madness and the repercussions will be infinitely worse than anything Covid could do.

I am planning on going west in a few weeks and short of the gardai bringing me home in a Paddywagon I am going
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37442
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

The Department of Health has today been notified of 364 more cases of Covid-19 and no new deaths.
It’s like a bad joke
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 29305
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Mullet 2 »

It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm
diarm wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm I'd say they're recommending level 5 so they can bring in level 4 nationwide without everyone losing their shit.
Bingo
Idiotically transparent if true.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37442
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
You reckon CJH would let Tony run the country
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 21798
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
I'll believe it when i see it. But based on evidence to date if Nphet recommended level 27 Micheal would agree to it and throw in a handjob for each committee member as well
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37442
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm
diarm wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm I'd say they're recommending level 5 so they can bring in level 4 nationwide without everyone losing their shit.
Bingo
Idiotically transparent if true.
Tony’s first day back on the job he has gone in all big swinging mickey, put Glynner in the corner, and wants to lay down a marker. He can fudge right off.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 34064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm
diarm wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm I'd say they're recommending level 5 so they can bring in level 4 nationwide without everyone losing their shit.
Bingo
Idiotically transparent if true.
Tony’s first day back on the job he has gone in all big swinging mickey, put Glynner in the corner, and wants to lay down a marker. He can fudge right off.
He's been brought back to do this. Wankers
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
That works for one level down, not two.

Main difference between 3 and 4 is indoor retail closing.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37442
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

This is the opportunity for MM to make his name. He has to stare down NPHET on this or we are completely f**ked. Throw the resources into track and trace - we have 280 people on this we probably should have more like 2,800 - these restrictions are killing us
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm
diarm wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm I'd say they're recommending level 5 so they can bring in level 4 nationwide without everyone losing their shit.
Bingo
Idiotically transparent if true.
Tony’s first day back on the job he has gone in all big swinging mickey, put Glynner in the corner, and wants to lay down a marker. He can fudge right off.
If true, and I hope to f*ck it isn't tbf, then it's so idiotically and obviously disproportionate to what's actually happening out there that it will guarantee non compliance with even level 3 measures. They've been crying wolf for two months now.
User avatar
Bogbunny
Posts: 4724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: G W C

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Bogbunny »

Lads, taking the family to Sligo and Mayo this week, can we still go there from Oop North?

As it is we can't cross from Derry into Donegal but was planning to go Fermanagh into Sligo.

Also any restrictions on pubs and restaurants in Sligo/ mayo?
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 34064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

They can fück off. My kids can continue to play with their mates from school outside it. Government are apparently shocked. You gave those nobs their heads for 6 months and you are surprised :lol:
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14559
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm Mate just back from Greece.

Says it's dead but I'm glad the PR lads are convinced this is an Irish problem

"Only in Ireland Joe" :roll:
Your mate went to Greece in late September and is shocked that it’s quiet?

Anyway, you’ll keep on defending NPHET to the death. Never wrong of course.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm Lads, taking the family to Sligo and Mayo this week, can we still go there from Oop North?

As it is we can't cross from Derry into Donegal but was planning to go Fermanagh into Sligo.

Also any restrictions on pubs and restaurants in Sligo/ mayo?
Sligo/Mayo still good no restrictions bar table service only. I'm planning on joining the refugee caravan to mayo later in the week.
User avatar
Bogbunny
Posts: 4724
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: G W C

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Bogbunny »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm Lads, taking the family to Sligo and Mayo this week, can we still go there from Oop North?

As it is we can't cross from Derry into Donegal but was planning to go Fermanagh into Sligo.

Also any restrictions on pubs and restaurants in Sligo/ mayo?
Sligo/Mayo still good no restrictions bar table service only. I'm planning on joining the refugee caravan to mayo later in the week.
Gracias


West is Best
Last edited by Bogbunny on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cfm93
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by cfm93 »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
Charlie would have told them to fúck off months ago.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm Lads, taking the family to Sligo and Mayo this week, can we still go there from Oop North?

As it is we can't cross from Derry into Donegal but was planning to go Fermanagh into Sligo.

Also any restrictions on pubs and restaurants in Sligo/ mayo?
Sligo/Mayo still good no restrictions bar table service only. I'm planning on joining the refugee caravan to mayo later in the week.
Gracias
Watch this space though. We've just had a recommendation to lock down the country.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

cfm93 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
Charlie would have told them to fúck off months ago.
NPHET wouldn't exist to be told to fúck off.
iarmhiman
Posts: 41377
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

This is Tony Holohon with an "I'm back" statement.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Level 5 shuts rugby down too, btw. Which will be a nice headache for the league and the upcoming internationals.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm Lads, taking the family to Sligo and Mayo this week, can we still go there from Oop North?

As it is we can't cross from Derry into Donegal but was planning to go Fermanagh into Sligo.

Also any restrictions on pubs and restaurants in Sligo/ mayo?
Sligo/Mayo still good no restrictions bar table service only. I'm planning on joining the refugee caravan to mayo later in the week.
Gracias
Watch this space though. We've just had a recommendation to lock down the country.
We've a 14 day rate of 28 per 100,000. If they try to lock us down there will be serious civil disobedience as a result.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 pm This is Tony Holohon with an "I'm back" statement.
Given that NPHET were saying moving the country to level 3 was too much on Thursday, it appears so.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 34064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:13 pm
cfm93 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
Charlie would have told them to fúck off months ago.
NPHET wouldn't exist to be told to fúck off.
They were warned. Micheál and his supporters deserve everything they are going to get
rfurlong

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by rfurlong »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm Mate just back from Greece.

Says it's dead but I'm glad the PR lads are convinced this is an Irish problem

"Only in Ireland Joe" :roll:
Yep

Europe ramping up restrictions and common aviation policy coming down the line from the commission, but Brock would have us believe that it's the Irish government and NPHET pulling all the strings
rfurlong

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by rfurlong »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm Lads, taking the family to Sligo and Mayo this week, can we still go there from Oop North?

As it is we can't cross from Derry into Donegal but was planning to go Fermanagh into Sligo.

Also any restrictions on pubs and restaurants in Sligo/ mayo?
Sligo/Mayo still good no restrictions bar table service only. I'm planning on joining the refugee caravan to mayo later in the week.
Gracias
Watch this space though. We've just had a recommendation to lock down the country.
We've a 14 day rate of 28 per 100,000. If they try to lock us down there will be serious civil disobedience as a result.
Only from cvnts
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 21798
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Right its time to tell old people and fat bastards to stay home for the next year while the rest of us get on with keeping the country afloat.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

It's on RTE now. They can go f*ck themselves.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14559
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

rfurlong wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:25 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm Mate just back from Greece.

Says it's dead but I'm glad the PR lads are convinced this is an Irish problem

"Only in Ireland Joe" :roll:
Yep

Europe ramping up restrictions and common aviation policy coming down the line from the commission, but Brock would have us believe that it's the Irish government and NPHET pulling all the strings
The ECDC and EU Commission recommended common aviation policies in June. Please read up on this and don’t talk shit.

Ireland elected not to follow the ECDC (experts) recommendations.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishti ... 3fmode=amp

It’s helps to follow the thread of these things.

All of them doing a “great job”.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 15666
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

rfurlong wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:26 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm
Bogbunny wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 pm

Sligo/Mayo still good no restrictions bar table service only. I'm planning on joining the refugee caravan to mayo later in the week.
Gracias
Watch this space though. We've just had a recommendation to lock down the country.
We've a 14 day rate of 28 per 100,000. If they try to lock us down there will be serious civil disobedience as a result.
Only from cvnts
Just f*ck off, why should Mayo be put a level 5 at a case rate 20% of what it took for Dublin to go to level 3? Moronic.
rfurlong

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by rfurlong »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:59 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm It's a double bluff.

Martin tells them we are staying level 3 nationwide and despite extending 3 country wide you all praise him for standing up to NPHET.

It's what I would do or Charlie
I'll believe it when i see it. But based on evidence to date if Nphet recommended level 27 Micheal would agree to it and throw in a handjob for each committee member as well
Made me lol :lol:
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

The country shouldn't be going to level 5 but it makes zero sense for areas with a low level of infection to be locked down.
User avatar
Blackrock Bullet
Posts: 14559
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: #68

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Ironically enough btw, the U.K. were closer to the ECDC (experts) recommendations than Ireland on aviation.

Ireland, the country cut off from mainland Europe and whose economy benefits disproportionately from aviation, went against the recommendations of the time. The reason being that it was a short term sop to keep NPHET from going mad in the press.

Mullet complained at the time that Martin was recalled from Europe for bailout discussions to deal with this matter of nuisance. Of course the Government had had the ECDC recommendations for nearly a month by the time they made a decision but had put it off. Martin could have dealt with it before.

Doing a “great job”.
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 41421
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 pm The country shouldn't be going to level 5 but it makes zero sense for areas with a low level of infection to be locked down.
Especially when the policy is to specifically lock down areas as required.
iarmhiman
Posts: 41377
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

The more i think about it, the more i see the government going with a level 4 countrywide to show they're making the decisions and not NPHET
User avatar
Botha Boy
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Botha Boy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm
diarm wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm I'd say they're recommending level 5 so they can bring in level 4 nationwide without everyone losing their shit.
Bingo
Not even funny anymore.

As I sit at home "polishing my weapon" ... do they not realise the impact on people's mental health ... ;) :lol: :twisted:
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 pm The country shouldn't be going to level 5 but it makes zero sense for areas with a low level of infection to be locked down.
Especially when the policy is to specifically lock down areas as required.
Yep.

This is the best example yet why NPHET recommendations should never be made public. Obviously there's a good chance it's deliberate leaking but still. The government should have been allowed argue this out in private.
iarmhiman
Posts: 41377
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

bog roll to run out again tomorrow
Post Reply