Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
EverReady

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

The gaslighting going on by NPHET and the HSE is something else. Avoid all the noise. This kills fück all people. If you are an overweight old black man you should probably be cautious though so that's MVP staying in for a few months.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:30 am
alliswell wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 am
EverReady wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 pm Lads you are all Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting while I am Matt Damon. I just see shit and my brain solves it BOOM
You are so clearly the lad with the ponytail.
:lol: We are all the guy with the ponytail
Nah,

cammy, Duff and a few others are stellan sjarsgard - the pushy academic ..... their hearts are in the right place but their methods are all wrong :nod:

me, mullet and a few others are Robin Williams .... much more rounded outlooks and not as prone to hysteria 8)

You are Minnie driver ..... sometimes people think "yeah deffo" but a lot of the time they're thinking "yeah, nah" :P

Gav, paddyor and spic are the 2 executives interviewing Ben affleck ...... clueless :lol:

The two BB's are yer man with the ponytail x( :uhoh:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

rfurlong wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 am
EverReady wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 pm Lads you are all Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting while I am Matt Damon. I just see shit and my brain solves it BOOM
Nah,

cammy, Duff and a few others are stellan sjarsgard - the pushy academic ..... their hearts are in the right place but their methods are all wrong :nod:

me, mullet and a few others are Robin Williams .... much more rounded outlooks and not as prone to hysteria 8)

You are Minnie driver ..... sometimes people think "yeah deffo" but a lot of the time they're thinking "yeah, nah" :P

Gav, paddyor and spic are the 2 executives interviewing Ben affleck ...... clueless :lol:

:lol: I am all over Minnie. She is also immensely annoying but in a way I find attractive. She is sort of unique that way
CM11

Post by CM11 »

ER

You really need to stop with the 'this is harmless' line. It's not a flesh eating disease that is going to wipe out the population but it is a serious virus that we don't want everyone getting at once. Dying from it is only part of the issue.

Yes, we are being led by fear of dead bodies on the street and that's ott but it's disingenuous to fight that with outright dismissal.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am ER

You really need to stop with the 'this is harmless' line. It's not a flesh eating disease that is going to wipe out the population but it is a serious virus that we don't want everyone getting at once. Dying from it is only part of the issue.

Yes, we are being led by fear of dead bodies on the street and that's ott but it's disingenuous to fight that with outright dismissal.
It is on a par with a bad flu with less deaths though that will obviously change in a few months. Do we shut the world down for that normally? No we don't because we value lots of stuff not just keeping very old people limping along.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/lockdown-cycles
The kill rate was high but has fallen off a cliff as the ICU treatment protocols have chnaged.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

rfurlong wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:06 am At least sancho panza has refrained from submitting daily manuscripts on here, now that his hero, don Quixote of Naas, has been outed as an Irexit loon
Fun fact.

Miguel De Cervantes, the author of Don Quixote, died on Tuesday 23rd of April, 1616 ... same day as William Shakespeare ... :smug:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Just to be clear Stats if you turned around to Tones and Ro in a normal bad flu year and said you have complete control they would do the same thing.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:40 am
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am ER

It is on a par with a bad flu with less deaths though that will obviously change in a few months. Do we shut the world down for that normally? No we don't because we value lots of stuff not just keeping very old people limping along.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/lockdown-cycles
The kill rate was high but has fallen off a cliff as the ICU treatment protocols have chnaged.
Fewer deaths than bad flu? Wha?

And way more in ICU.

We're not even in winter yet, flu doesn't ramp up till December/January.

The whole point is that we can't have everyone getting this at once. I've been on record as saying somewhere between level 2&3 should work. But it's not because people are twats. I don't agree with shutting the economy down but I don't have to dismiss the virus to say so.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

It is currently killing far less people than a flu would if it was circulating. Anyway the core point has and will always be there has been a massive overreaction. I know you agree with that so we need to bully furlong instead
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:46 am Just to be clear Stats if you turned around to Tones and Ro in a normal bad flu year and said you have complete control they would do the same thing.
No they wouldn't. Because we have a vaccine, because the flu has a much shorter incubation period and as a result you're only infectious for a short period before symptoms appear and because flu does not really, as far as I'm aware, have asymptomatic transmission so far easier to control.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 am It is currently killing far less people than a flu would if it was circulating. Anyway the core point has and will always be there has been a massive overreaction. I know you agree with that so we need to bully furlong instead
Flu doesn't start circulating in summer/autumn to any great extent. That's a really bad strawman.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I don't mind conceding that but the main point stands. A massive overreaction to a pretty standard if on the dodge side respiratory illness. Don't start shiteing onto me about blood disease blah blah. I get it
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am I don't mind conceding that but the main point stands. A massive overreaction to a pretty standard if on the dodge side respiratory illness. Don't start shiteing onto me about blood disease blah blah. I get it
You haven't left me much place to go if you ignore one of the fundamental aspects of the disease!

Anyway, it would take a strong government to stay the course and not swerve so.......
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/cor ... 37141.html
Meanwhile, Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald has again declined to state whether her party supports Nphet recommendations to move to Level 5.

"We are certainly on our way to higher levels of restrictions; possibly to Level 5. The situation is very grave and Sinn Féin will support necessary measures to save lives and to protect public health," she told the Sunday Independent.
Fence sitting scum.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

rfurlong wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 am
Nah,

Yeah , you’re so balanced and level headed Furlong , not prone to anything hysterical or extremist at all :roll: . Bloody hell , you really don’t have the smallest bit of self awareness do you ?. At least you give us a laugh sometimes :lol:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:08 am
EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am I don't mind conceding that but the main point stands. A massive overreaction to a pretty standard if on the dodge side respiratory illness. Don't start shiteing onto me about blood disease blah blah. I get it
You haven't left me much place to go if you ignore one of the fundamental aspects of the disease!

Anyway, it would take a strong government to stay the course and not swerve so.......
The flu can turn into sepsis as it fights the infection. Covid is not unique that way. It's just being made out to be something extraordinary when it's not
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:14 am https://m.independent.ie/world-news/cor ... 37141.html
Meanwhile, Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald has again declined to state whether her party supports Nphet recommendations to move to Level 5.

"We are certainly on our way to higher levels of restrictions; possibly to Level 5. The situation is very grave and Sinn Féin will support necessary measures to save lives and to protect public health," she told the Sunday Independent.
Fence sitting scum.
They are the very definition of shit. To think 30% of the people have fallen for it.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:32 am
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:08 am

The flu can turn into sepsis as it fights the infection. Covid is not unique that way. It's just being made out to be something extraordinary when it's not
Ah here. It was only when they started treating it like a blood disease that they started saving lives and reducing illness severity. This isn't the same as 'flu might cause sepsis' at all.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 am
EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:46 am Just to be clear Stats if you turned around to Tones and Ro in a normal bad flu year and said you have complete control they would do the same thing.
No they wouldn't. Because we have a vaccine, because the flu has a much shorter incubation period and as a result you're only infectious for a short period before symptoms appear and because flu does not really, as far as I'm aware, have asymptomatic transmission so far easier to control.
And because there are currently measures in place to limit the spread, of which there are none during a typical flu season.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Excuses excuses excuses. This is how the Nazi's prospered
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

20% of flu cases are asymptomatic.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Botha Boy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:44 am
rfurlong wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:06 am At least sancho panza has refrained from submitting daily manuscripts on here, now that his hero, don Quixote of Naas, has been outed as an Irexit loon
Fun fact.

Miguel De Cervantes, the author of Don Quixote, died on Tuesday 23rd of April, 1616 ... same day as William Shakespeare ... :smug:
Alexa....define fun
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm Excuses excuses excuses. This is how the Nazi's prospered
The Naxis prospered because of dudes like you in 1938 saying "sure the lads are extreme and experts are warning us but they're killing nobody"
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

CM11

Post by CM11 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:17 pm 20% of flu cases are asymptomatic.
And some say more
Although asymptomatic individuals may shed influenza virus, studies have not determined if such people effectively transmit influenza
Let's assume it's the same for covid (in other words, that asymptomatic transmission leads to minor or asymptomatic illness). We're still left with the discrepancy in incubation period and the fact that as a new disease with no vaccine, it spreads far easier. Also, apparently (although this was from months ago) older people don't shed flu very well but do shed covid easily.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:26 pm https://twitter.com/newschambers/status ... 42849?s=19

Credit to Harris, very clear here.
He's clear in some aspects but he's set the government up for more ridicule if what's announced tomorrow is as 'clear' as what's gone before.

I've a feeling we might be looking at 2-3 weeks of almost complete lockdown so not accepting the 6 week recommendation.

While level 3 hasn't reduced the incidence in Dublin, it has slowed it significantly and Dublin hospitals aren't stretched at all. It's a shame they're not doing it by area as they promised. Going to be some very pissed off counties.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

So the shinners will support whatever health measures are necessary, and Are simultaneously holding out NZ and ardern as a model of how to deal with this virus?

I wonder will anyone in the media have the wit to ask them the obvious question:

"So Mary Lou, it seems that you'd be happy to close the border, New Zealand style, in order to get a lid on covid"?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm
EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm Excuses excuses excuses. This is how the Nazi's prospered
The Naxis prospered because of dudes like you in 1938 saying "sure the lads are extreme and experts are warning us but they're killing nobody"
Nah that's not what happened. It was a scared public willing to put up with any measures to make them feel safe and strong again. You and Furlong are basically Jew killers by proxy
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

rfurlong wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:43 pm So the shinners will support whatever health measures are necessary, and Are simultaneously holding out NZ and ardern as a model of how to deal with this virus?

I wonder will anyone in the media have the wit to ask them the obvious question:

"So Mary Lou, it seems that you'd be happy to close the border, New Zealand style, in order to get a lid on covid"?
The media are completely compromised by young badly paid journos who actually believe change will be brought about by the Shinners and McHugh and Boyd Barrett. They are not sure what they want changed but it is mainly that they didn't realise how badly paid their job is and rent is a bitch
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 am It is currently killing far less people than a flu would if it was circulating. Anyway the core point has and will always be there has been a massive overreaction. I know you agree with that so we need to bully furlong instead
:lol:

I'm picturing Minnie driver in grosse pointe blank as I read that :nod:

Anyway, Statto has summed up my position nicely when he said :
I don't agree with shutting the economy down but I don't have to dismiss the virus to say so.
That single sentence also neatly punctures some of the groupthink on here
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Staines was on Brendan O'Connor advocating zero covid again.

He was angrily challenged by Dan O'Brien and another, How ??? Do we do it on an island with two jurisdictions.

He responds with " needs to be dealt with a case by case basis "

He knows it can't be done and is being disingenuous. Do we have an idea what are Anthony Staines's motives are really for a long lockdown?

Is this all a massive powerplay by the health lads for massive state intervention into the health system and to pump even more money into it and to rid the country of the two tier system?
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:45 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm
Nah that's not what happened. It was a scared public willing to put up with any measures to make them feel safe and strong again. You and Furlong are basically Jew killers by proxy
Hitler distrusted all his military and civilian experts ..... he would most definitely be in the "NPHET are shit" gang

You're now akin to lord haw haw ER ..... or if I was being kind, PG Wodehouse during his awkward nazi detention phase :P
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I am like Waugh after he converted to Catholicism. Less ghey. NPHET are too powerful rather than just shit. They are also highly irresponsible briefing the way they are. Any government that tries to open up is going to run counter to their CMO's advice. The exact same thing is happening in the UK. Now let's be clear they have a whole different set of problems but the themes are similar
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:17 pm 20% of flu cases are asymptomatic.
With one big difference - we don’t say those people hand the flu. We don’t test healthy people for the flu. We don’t count them as statistics for the purpose of justifying restrictions.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:54 pm Staines was on Brendan O'Connor advocating zero covid again.

He was angrily challenged by Dan O'Brien and another, How ??? Do we do it on an island with two jurisdictions.

He responds with " needs to be dealt with a case by case basis "

He knows it can't be done and is being disingenuous. Do we have an idea what are Anthony Staines's motives are really for a long lockdown?

Is this all a massive powerplay by the health lads for massive state intervention into the health system and to pump even more money into it and to rid the country of the two tier system?
For Staines? Surely it’s just to keep his mug in the media. He doesn’t care if we lock down for 10 years it doesn’t affect him. He can get his badge of saying yes we cured the disease even if it did kill the patient.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I read something scary last night where some lad started talking about suppressing the flu as well 'as it's possible'. Genie is out of the bottle
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 pm I read something scary last night where some lad started talking about suppressing the flu as well 'as it's possible'. Genie is out of the bottle
Proper scary? Like feeling a tingle watching brokeback?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Depends where you feel the tingle
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Not scared scared like you lot but like WOAH and then back to normal. Though tbf we are probably better off suppressing the flu as it actually kills children as in 180 in the US in the bad 2017/2018 year
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mates dad just died suddenly in a nursing home. His siblings were visiting him over the last few weeks and are in a Covid hotspot :uhoh:
Hope for their sake he just got the scuts