Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Blackrock Bullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

I assume only the Oxford one can be administered in those kinds of locations. They need approval for that ASAP.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

I just switched over to Claire Byrne. Sitting there with a turkey and sprouts on the table "so tell me Mary, how shit is your Christmas going to be..."
And to top it off, Lottie fcuking Ryan to destroy the last shreds of positivity in the country :lol:

Edit: yep it was Paddy's.
Blackrock Bullet

Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Looks like I’m never getting vaccinated. Unless a huge proportion of the target groups decide they’re not interested.
Risteard

Post by Risteard »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:26 am Image
Women and children have been getting it easy for centuries. About time they pick up the slack.
sewa

Post by sewa »

camroc1 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:08 am The NH's will take time.

Simultaneously they should allow the rest of the over 70s get the vaccination through their GPs.

Once that's done follow the flu vaccination route - GPs, workplaces and Pharmacists.

If you have enough product it should be doable by the middle of Feb.
They won't have enough product, Pfizer can do 100 million max in a year. They need multiple vaccines approved from various suppliers and then we need to see how long your vaccine lasts for, will people need to get it annually for example
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

sewa wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:46 am

Simultaneously they should allow the rest of the over 70s get the vaccination through their GPs.

Once that's done follow the flu vaccination route - GPs, workplaces and Pharmacists.

They won't have enough product, Pfizer can do 100 million max in a year. They need multiple vaccines approved from various suppliers and then we need to see how long your vaccine lasts for, will people need to get it annually for example
For us it will come down to the Oxford vaccine. Easier to rollout and easier to source
Blackrock Bullet

https://twitter.com/eoinneylon/status/1 ... 60513?s=20
Have to say, I'm growing more and more pissed off at the private sector working from home lot, and non-frontline public sector workers, who are huge fans of extreme lockdown. It's the ultimate in "I'm alright Jack" crapology and utter upper middle class privilege on show.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:17 am https://twitter.com/eoinneylon/status/1 ... 60513?s=20
Have to say, I'm growing more and more pissed off at the private sector working from home lot, and non-frontline public sector workers, who are huge fans of extreme lockdown. It's the ultimate in "I'm alright Jack" crapology and utter upper middle class privilege on show.
Why private sector workers first in line? Guys a dick
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:17 am https://twitter.com/eoinneylon/status/1 ... 60513?s=20
Ive been lucky but I'd love to see some people again at work. I'd like to be back in the office and i certainly see no advantage in keeping a perpetual WFH just so i don't have to commute.

Also I've missed travel and epic holidays, gigs and festivals. What makes him think I like this?
cfm93

Post by cfm93 »

Don't know where you pulled that out of but Pfizer themselves are saying they'll be doing 1.3 billion doses next year.

https://pfe-pfizercom-d8-prod.s3.amazon ... 121720.pdf
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:54 pm Closing barbers is ridiculous. Just tell them they can open but no indoor waiting room, appointment only, wear masks and record names for contract tracing. It’s completely unfair to close them.
No, they have clear data that the virus transmits thru copies of the Daily Mail and The Sun in clip-joints.

I asked for data on The National Geographic but apparently that was not part of the protocol.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

cfm93 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:26 am

Don't know where you pulled that out of but Pfizer themselves are saying they'll be doing 1.3 billion doses next year.

https://pfe-pfizercom-d8-prod.s3.amazon ... 121720.pdf
sewa being wrong again? Colour me surprised.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:20 am
Why private sector workers first in line? Guys a dick
Who exactly is he referring to? I'm sure there's some but did he miss the polls showing the majority of the population favouring lockdown? Like significantly.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:14 am I assume only the Oxford one can be administered in those kinds of locations. They need approval for that ASAP.
The Oxford vaccine is only being classed as “moderately effective”. The Pfizer vaccine is the one to focus on. The difficulties of cold chain supply have been overstated - its fine for 24hours out of -80, in a small country like Ireland that really isn’t that big a problem to make daily or twice daily deliveries to GP practices and pharmacies
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Wrong
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:03 am

For us it will come down to the Oxford vaccine. Easier to rollout and easier to source
Wrong
CM11

Post by CM11 »

What is the latest on the Oxford vaccine? Has it been established that it's still very effective with the half dose in under 55s? Because that would still help for use in the healthy population while you give the Pfizer vaccine to the vulnerable and elderly.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Are we going to have supply issues in the coming weeks due to this UK travel issue? A glimpse of post Brexit no deal?

Probably one of the better times for it to happen as presumably there weren't many inbound trucks left to arrive before Christmas? But depends on how long it lasts.
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

Risteard wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:33 am
Women and children have been getting it easy for centuries. About time they pick up the slack.
Education workers in May? Pointless. Either earlier or wait until August and let some other group up the queue.
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

CM11 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:14 am What is the latest on the Oxford vaccine? Has it been established that it's still very effective with the half dose in under 55s? Because that would still help for use in the healthy population while you give the Pfizer vaccine to the vulnerable and elderly.
I thought that it had slipped quite far back in the process. Basically the FDA told them that they had to restart their tests given the lack of control that they had shown (i.e. they admitted that their famous 50% initial dose was given in error and only to a small cohort of under 55yos).
CM11

Post by CM11 »

lilyw wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:56 am
CM11 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:14 am What is the latest on the Oxford vaccine? Has it been established that it's still very effective with the half dose in under 55s? Because that would still help for use in the healthy population while you give the Pfizer vaccine to the vulnerable and elderly.
I thought that it had slipped quite far back in the process. Basically the FDA told them that they had to restart their tests given the lack of control that they had shown (i.e. they admitted that their famous 50% initial dose was given in error and only to a small cohort of under 55yos).
:thumbup:
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

lilyw wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:52 am
Risteard wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:33 am
Education workers in May? Pointless. Either earlier or wait until August and let some other group up the queue.
They'll need time to negotiate a covid vaccination salary increase with the teachers unions
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

iarmhiman wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:58 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:57 pm For comparison the Brits vaccinated 350,000 people in under 3 weeks. We could vaccinate the entire vulnerable cohort of Ireland in 2 months
Well be very slow in comparison. Wait until you see.
Yeah lads because if Brexit has shown us anything it is that the Pigdogs are a sensible and efficient people. :lol:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Botha Boy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:31 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:54 pm Closing barbers is ridiculous. Just tell them they can open but no indoor waiting room, appointment only, wear masks and record names for contract tracing. It’s completely unfair to close them.
No, they have clear data that the virus transmits thru copies of the Daily Mail and The Sun in clip-joints.

I asked for data on The National Geographic but apparently that was not part of the protocol.
Virus no but stupidity....absolutely
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

CM11 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 am Are we going to have supply issues in the coming weeks due to this UK travel issue? A glimpse of post Brexit no deal?

Probably one of the better times for it to happen as presumably there weren't many inbound trucks left to arrive before Christmas? But depends on how long it lasts.
Logistics companies can still function normally. Are you running low on the M&S party food?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 am
CM11 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 am Are we going to have supply issues in the coming weeks due to this UK travel issue? A glimpse of post Brexit no deal?

Logistics companies can still function normally. Are you running low on the M&S party food?
Saucer of milk for LM please :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

:lol:

I thought there were issues getting to/through England for all ?
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:06 pm
CM11 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:04 pm I have to admit it's a handy scapegoat to force us all to lock down again.

Still, some people taking it very seriously.
They must have something to have spooked all the countries into effectively putting the UK into quarantine. I just don’t know why they are so scientifically dishonest about it all. It’s bizarre that they aren’t completely upfront about what their evidence is.
well, they basically have handled Covid horribly since the beginning and are now more fcuked than the rabbit in Snatch and its getting worse, Bojo told them though they're would be a Christmas and now has to back track.....and hey ho look its this new variant....well old chap its been around since September like the 100's of other variants but if its wasn't for this pesky blighter then there would be a Christmas but sadly.......and the rest of the world said, yeah, the UK is fcuked (said something about a variant but who cares) and it looks like he's fine with us all airlifting our citizens out
ticketlessinseattle

camroc1 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:24 pm My own opinion is the BoJo took the fact that there was a new strain to try and frighten the UK into compliance, but didn't factor in "spooking" the EU coastal states he's been threatening with gunboats, who promptly took advantage of the situation by closing down transport to and from the UK.
yup ; my take was a more rambling pile of sh1te but agreed
ticketlessinseattle

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:09 pm
camroc1 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:58 pm Just had a restaurant we'd booked for the week after Christmas ring and cancel our booking. They've decided not to open after Christmas until they have
some sort of certainty that they're not going to be closed down at very short notice again.
We're at the totally spooked point now for business. They made such a mess of their claims to being on top of surveillance and the weird rules, only to shut them down again quick smart in September. Lots of money spent in good faith by businesses before was thrown back at them. 3rd shutdown now and faith is totally gone.

The mass rollout of this vaccine can't come quick enough as we've reached the end point of patience here.
yeah, hadn't been out in months and was out Saturday night and last night (both very compliant/conscientious restaurants) and both places said they are playing it by ear day by day but might end up shutting up shop as they can't plan deliveries, staffing etc - ps side note, would high recommend Lobstar in monkstown
ticketlessinseattle

diarm wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:16 pm
CarrotGawks wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:56 pm I'm surprised so many businesses have survived this far. If all the talks about rents, employment costs, training costs, staff turnover, rates, tax, etc. were in focus for years before, focus of whinging for non-lockdown times, they shouldn't have survived three months in restrictions. It shows how mealy mouthed they've been about their actual situations outside of tough times. I bet they've had four new kitchens in their gaffs, in the space of ten years, berating some hardworking tile-layer-with-a-coke-habit, the wankers.
There have been grants made available to cover rates and in Dublin anyway, the rates office haven't been chasing anyone. The girl I deal with told us they'll happily work with us about paying back outstanding rates over a year or two once everything is back to normal.

There have been other grants made available to businesses that have been totally decimated (at least a 75% drop in revenue if I remember correctly).

For those of us that have been able to stay open, the wage subsidy for businesses that have seen a reduction in sales of 25%/30% or more has allowed us to keep on staff. The shortage of job opportunities has naturally lessened the issues around staff turnover and training etc.

Both tax rates have been reduced to more reasonable levels as well.

We've been luckier than most in that we've been able to operate a takeaway service but our sales are still down more than 40% since March, even including the couple of spells we've been able to sit people inside.
:thumbup: best of luck lads
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:57 pm For comparison the Brits vaccinated 350,000 people in under 3 weeks. We could vaccinate the entire vulnerable cohort of Ireland in 2 months
the mirror should start turning towards the health service in terms of daily updates .....how many vaccinated today ? next 2 weeks are critical Tones
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Everything closes at 3pm on Christmas eve. Lockdown from 26th. Britain travel ban in place until the 31st, at least.

Wahey, here wer go again again again.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

CM11 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:36 am

France have closed the Landbridge so yes, there’s a lot of Irish lorry drivers filling coke bottles on the M20.
goose81

Post by goose81 »

Wonder what the logistics of truck driving are regarding food supplies, cant imagine they carry much water and food on board and I doubt they can keep the heat on 24/7 with fuel wastage. Wouldn't be a nice experience
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Botha Boy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:09 pm This mutation was first detected in Brazil in April, next in Mexico & US, Italy in May, UK in September and has built slowly from there to complete panic last week with never being noticed before as a driver either of infection or death. Already observed in Scotland and The Netherlands.

It may very well become the dominant strain if it transmits faster, but why is the UK the only geography to go to Defcon 4 at this point ? Because they have more sophisticated monitoring relative to most. Let's give this a few days and see what others observe and give the UK a chance to observe whether this is making a clinical difference.

A more transmissible virus is a risk, but we have probably been dealing with it for months. Remember our master modeller, acolyte of Neil Ferguson, has continued to present use case data to scare you all, while the hospital COVID data is pretty linear, even as we headed into Winter and test the bejaysus out of everything that coughed.HE says today we are in a "3rd Wave" while the hospital COVID rates tell a completely different story.

But not bad, I guess as a mini-Brexit rehearsal, this "more transmissible strain" narrative. Even Père Noël needs pressies so I suspect a lightening up on the French side if there is not definitive evidence that this strain represents an increased risk and not just that we will move faster through the epidemiological curve.
Botha day did you ever have any luck getting those 5 year month by month comparison death figures even up to Sept?
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

goose81 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:42 pm Wonder what the logistics of truck driving are regarding food supplies, cant imagine they carry much water and food on board and I doubt they can keep the heat on 24/7 with fuel wastage. Wouldn't be a nice experience

The European drivers that stop around here carry all their food and water, often see them with their gas stoves out and washing up pans in the lay-by. I’m guessing the Irish long haul do the same?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

DragsterDriver wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:33 pm
CM11 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:36 am

France have closed the Landbridge so yes, there’s a lot of Irish lorry drivers filling coke bottles on the M20.
We're working on it.
The Stena Foreteller is to be redeployed on the direct route to the Continent following border closures between the UK and France.

As Afloat reported earlier, in light of recent international border closures which have seriously impacted freight flows, Stena Line has confirmed that it will bring forward the introduction of its Stena Foreteller ferry on the Rosslare-Cherbourg service to Tuesday 22nd December, ahead of its original date of 4th Jan.

The freight-only Stena Foreteller will join the Stena Horizon which already operates on the route, doubling the freight capacity as well as the frequency of sailings between Ireland and the Continent.

Stena Foreteller will provide an additional 3, 000 lane metres of freight capacity per trip and can accommodate a mix of accompanied and unaccompanied traffic with onboard facilities for up to 12 freight drivers.

Niclas Mårtensson, CEO Stena Line said: “The developments of the last few days in terms of border closures have put enormous strains on the logistics industry. Our Rosslare-Cherbourg service is the shortest direct crossing between Ireland and France, and I’m delighted to see that our operational team on the Irish Sea have been able to ‘fast-track’ the introduction of the Stena Foreteller, providing vital additional capacity in the run up to Christmas.”

“We have developed a reputation for keeping vital supply lines open for food and medical supplies throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, and once more we have shown our flexibility and expertise in being able to react swiftly to market demands. We are currently experiencing huge demand for our direct services to the Continent with our North Sea vessels (ex Killingholme and Harwich) being oversubscribed by a multiple of three.”

“From tomorrow (18:00 hrs ex Rosslare) we will provide 12 weekly crossings connecting Rosslare and Cherbourg and up to 240 sailings per week throughout the Irish Sea region, offering transport organisations and their customers the flexibility, availability and reliability they require at this time.”Glenn Carr, General Manager, Rosslare Europort said: “This is obviously a critical time for Irish industry, and as Port Authority, we are determined, working in partnership with Stena Line, to offer alternatives to those whose supply chains are impacted by the newly introduced restrictions to the landbridge. We welcome Stena Line’s response in quickly arranging additional capacity on the Rosslare Europort to Cherbourg route, and we will continue our efforts to respond effectively as COVID-19 measures impact Irish business.”

Stena Line is the largest ferry operator on the Irish Sea, with the biggest fleet offering the widest choice of routes including, combined passenger and freight services from Belfast to Cairnryan, Heysham and Liverpool, Dublin to Holyhead, Rosslare to Fishguard and the direct service from Rosslare to Cherbourg.
goose81

Post by goose81 »

DragsterDriver wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:45 pm
goose81 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:42 pm Wonder what the logistics of truck driving are regarding food supplies, cant imagine they carry much water and food on board and I doubt they can keep the heat on 24/7 with fuel wastage. Wouldn't be a nice experience

The European drivers that stop around here carry all their food and water, often see them with their gas stoves out and washing up pans in the lay-by. I’m guessing the Irish long haul do the same?
Agreed, modern trucks are unbelievable inside with TV's and Wi-Fi etc. but you would only carry food and drink for a few days if you were just going to France or the UK as the journey is quick, so they are probably running out.