RIP the internal combustion engine!

All things Rugby
slow wing

Re: RIP the internal combustion engine!

Post by slow wing »

Fat Albert wrote:Hey folks, don't know if Slow Wing is still about but, despite his time scale prophecies being wildly inaccurate, I thought he/thee might like to know that I now drive an iPace :P

Great car but, achieved range on cold, rainy, nights is more like 150 miles than the rated 250.

Oh and Tesla have still lost $100k on every car they've delivered, thank God for the US tax payer :blush:
Very nice indeed, FA! :thumbup: :thumbup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_I-Pace

As you point out FA, Tesla's doing alright, eh? :P
Tesla Market Cap Crosses $300 Billion — Has Tesla Reached Escape Velocity?
Spoiler: show
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/07/20/te ... -velocity/

Iirc their stock price in the original 2006 thread was $13; and this was April 2013 ...
slow wing wrote:Tesla stocks have been going nuts since the announcement! At record levels and up to 23% higher than at the previous close... :D
Tesla Motors, Inc. Stock Quote & Summary Data
$43.93
15.94% Get TSLA Alerts
*Delayed - data as of Apr. 1, 2013
Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla#ixzz2PGEDNhm5

Now at $1643.00 so a 37-fold increase in stock price in 7 years & 5 months -- not too shabby! :o

One then for old time's sake ...

ONWARDS THE GREEN REVOLUTION!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very occasional visitor these days but hope everyone is well & it's interesting reading the new posts in this thread. :thumbup:
Last edited by slow wing on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

The revolution hasn't happened quite as quickly as you predicted in the opening post but it's definitely picking up speed now. Very exciting few years ahead of us with an ever-increasing range of EVs hitting the market over the next year or two. :thumbup:
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Bit of a bump here but might be tempted by the Skoda Enyaq or VW ID.4 next year.
The Enyaq will have an 80kWh battery as one of the options which is a serious game changer for SUVs, particularly if the price is to be believed
thor

Post by thor »

Electric cars are starting to get interesting. Quite like some of the 2&3 seat micro ecars being designed in Europe. Microlino and Uniti one specifically. Would be very tempted by one as a runabout in the next 1-2 years. Also if they bring the Honda e to NZ would get one for my mother straight away.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Love the microlino. The Isetta bubble car was my dream car when I was a small kid (that and a mini moke)
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Just been a passenger in a Taycan turbo...

All I can say is.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Genuinely mental.