Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 186  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 pm 

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
If we win on Saturday we,ll braai and sleep naked all weekend.

With the Nigerians? Talk about fixing broken fences :shock:

Nah back home on friday

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 pm 

Back home, tired after travelling yesterday and today. Toks en chops and decide to braai. Its Bok spirit is high in SA. Awesome vibe all over.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:00 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Back home, tired after travelling yesterday and today. Toks en chops and decide to braai. Its Bok spirit is high in SA. Awesome vibe all over.

must admit its awesome...you cannot help but get swept up in it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:15 pm 

Paarl Braai

http://www.capetalk.co.za/articles/3667 ... e-internet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:36 am 

OomPB wrote:

Lyk na iets vir die windgat manne in Knysna. Of vir die souties.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:56 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Sards gaan sukkel om sy braaie in die Paarl te verkoop.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 am 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Niks werk beter as 'n drom/geyser/gaskan braai nie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:17 am 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Dude...my Diablo is in another league. That's a braai. With a fancy lifter...
Still too inconsistent. No all round even heat to seal the meat...no browning for doing the top of pizza or browning the top of your veg...or charcoal cooking veg at all...and you just don't get the same flavor or consistency in marrow bones which is my fave and a cholesterol killer. Dude...no comparison at all...My unit takes braai to a level of perfection.

Not boasting...but when I started my quest for a perfect braai experience I went through a lot of braais before I arrived at this point.

Best of all...there are only 4 of mine in existence in private homes...I like that exclusivity.

Besides which. Mine comes with a hefty price tag

Last edited by Sards on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:27 am 

Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Still too inconsistent. No all round even heat to seal the meat...no browning for doing the top of pizza or browning the top of your veg...or charcoal cooking veg at all...and you just don't get the same flavor or consistency in marrow bones which is my fave and a cholesterol killer. Dude...no comparison at all...My unit takes braai to a level of perfection.

Not boasting...but when I started my quest for a perfect braai experience I went through a lot of braais before I arrived at this point.

Best of all...there are only 4 of mine in existence in private homes...I like that exclusivity

Yes ummm. Pizza is not a FVCKING braai!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 am 

Sauce...you are far too limited in your imagination. You have constrained your mind.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 am 

When I was younger I'll get too pissed to watch the fire and end up asking my wife to start the oven. Luckily we could afford a gas oven back then or she would have to struggle with a charcoal one like Sards.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:30 am 

So this weekend, going to Stilbaai. Tonight chicken guns, tomorrow afternoon hot dogs and tomorrow night I'll be assisting in a deboned lamb spit.

To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:40 am 

handyman wrote:
So this weekend, going to Stilbaai. Tonight chicken guns, tomorrow afternoon hot dogs and tomorrow night I'll be assisting in a deboned lamb spit.

To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!

Why would you debone a lamb and take away the thing that gives the lamb its most flavour?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:46 am 

I leave today...in an hour...for my sons boys weekend away...going to watch the kids braai boerewors and burgers tonight. Sucking on Castle lights watching the waves roll in the bay from our cottage overlooking the sea...Just my mate, myself and 4 eleven year olds...I've got the guns with so we might shoot a little and cricket gear for a game on the beach and we will probably throw a line in the water when the sun goes down...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am 

handyman wrote:

Dude you are down the drag from us...we are going to Die Dam...Hook up for a dop this weekend...we are going to the Boathouse restaurant in Gansbaai for a meal tomorrow night around 4 to 6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:25 am 

handyman wrote:

Stay safe boet :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 am 

With all the storms and rain in Deben I doubt that we will be having a braai at all.

Having said that the sun has just come out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:51 am 

Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Best of all...there are only 4 of mine in existence in private homes...I like that exclusivity.

Besides which. Mine comes with a hefty price tag

If you call someone "Dude" then it means you cant braai properly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:57 am 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:

Dude you are down the drag from us...we are going to Die Dam...Hook up for a dop this weekend...we are going to the Boathouse restaurant in Gansbaai for a meal tomorrow night around 4 to 6

Gaan eet ordentlik by Baardskeerdersbos by Marietjies Pub en Grill. Meat platter vir R180. 32 kms van die dam.

Julle moet n slag vir my ondersteun, ongelukkig vlieg ek sondag weer Lagos toe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:02 am 

Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 am 

OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:

Gaan eet ordentlik by Baardskeerdersbos by Marietjies Pub en Grill. Meat platter vir R180. 32 kms van die dam.

Julle moet n slag vir my ondersteun, ongelukkig vlieg ek sondag weer Lagos toe.

Stilbaai en Die Dam is moer ver van mekaar af, weet nie hoe ver sards se google maps nie.
Is Marietjies Pub & Grill die een met die keppies? Lekker plek.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 am 

beachboy wrote:
Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.

You always get people saying it's got no flavour, but I just love fillet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:03 pm 

beachboy wrote:
Another shit day in Africa.

Joyannesburg is particularly sit this afternoon. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm 

beachboy wrote:

Seems us Capies are looking for the sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 pm 

Checkers has rib eye on the bone at R89.00 per kg. I am braaing in the vokken rain tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:04 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Checkers has rib eye on the bone at R89.00 per kg. I am braaing in the vokken rain tonight.

:shock:

Their wors is pretty good too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:17 pm 

beachboy wrote:

Sounds like heaven beachboy, enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:18 pm 

handyman wrote:
beachboy wrote:

ribeye my favorite steak but yes, fillet is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
handyman wrote:
beachboy wrote:

ribeye my favorite steak but yes, fillet is awesome.

Yep, can't beat ribeye.

Yet to try a tomahawk steak tho.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:28 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:

I went to school with one of their senior buyers - he takes his meat very seriously! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:30 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:

I dated one of their senior buyers - he takes his meat very seriously! :thumbup:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:41 pm 

Order T Bone in Lagos. The waiter brought two , bit bigger then lamb chops but vok me they were taai. Nearly broke my tupperwares.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:47 pm 

So I am going to build a binnebraai in my dining room - the fokken wind in PE is so kak you can hardly braai from Sept - Nov

Going to make a 1.8m opening and have hooks from the top to hang pots and tongs etc

Something like this design, obviously a bit smaller, but same effect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:49 pm 

Sard you tosser :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:52 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
So I am going to build a binnebraai in my dining room - the fokken wind in PE is so kak you can hardly braai from Sept - Nov

Going to make a 1.8m opening and have hooks from the top to hang pots and tongs etc

Dont....I never use mine...your home will stink of smoke....build an afdak on rather.

Especially with the wind.

Alternatively try find an old farmhouse that has a fireplace in the kitchen and look how its built. The one I remember was very deep so the smoke can draw properly and not get into the house with a large chimney.

Last edited by Sards on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:08 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Sard you tosser :lol:

Is jy n agtermekaar kerel?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:11 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Is jy n agtermekaar kerel?

:lol:

never heard that term before

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:14 pm 

Sards wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:

Dont....I never use mine...your home will stink of smoke....build an afdak on rather.

Alternatively try find an old farmhouse that has a fireplace in the kitchen and look how its built. The one I remember was very deep so the smoke can draw properly and not get into the house with a large chimney.

Yeah i am building mine out, so the front end of braai will be my current wall and the body of the braai is then going out into the current back yard, and so the fire will be made a bit deeper with a big chimney to pull all the smoke out

Well, thats the plan anyway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:36 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
Sards wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:

Yeah i am building mine out, so the front end of braai will be my current wall and the body of the braai is then going out into the current back yard, and so the fire will be made a bit deeper with a big chimney to pull all the smoke out

Well, thats the plan anyway

Just ask the question of the contractor so it's on record. I tried everything...My flue was big and 3m up...didn't help. Extended another metre and a half...didn't work. Changed the cowel..
didn't work...Halved the height of my braai in front with a false panel...didn't work...

That's where I am stuck now....the smoke sits on your curtains and furniture.

Wind is a bitch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:21 pm 

In the 18th century Lord Rumford figured out chimney design

Google it - it is pretty simple

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 186  Next