Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 186  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
If we win on Saturday we,ll braai and sleep naked all weekend.

With the Nigerians? Talk about fixing broken fences :shock:

Nah back home on friday


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
Back home, tired after travelling yesterday and today. Toks en chops and decide to braai. Its Bok spirit is high in SA. Awesome vibe all over.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
OomPB wrote:
Back home, tired after travelling yesterday and today. Toks en chops and decide to braai. Its Bok spirit is high in SA. Awesome vibe all over.

must admit its awesome...you cannot help but get swept up in it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
Paarl Braai

http://www.capetalk.co.za/articles/3667 ... e-internet


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14075
OomPB wrote:

Lyk na iets vir die windgat manne in Knysna. Of vir die souties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Lyk na iets vir die windgat manne in Knysna. Of vir die souties.

Sards gaan sukkel om sy braaie in die Paarl te verkoop.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14075
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Lyk na iets vir die windgat manne in Knysna. Of vir die souties.

Sards gaan sukkel om sy braaie in die Paarl te verkoop.

Niks werk beter as 'n drom/geyser/gaskan braai nie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Lyk na iets vir die windgat manne in Knysna. Of vir die souties.

Sards gaan sukkel om sy braaie in die Paarl te verkoop.


Dude...my Diablo is in another league. That's a braai. With a fancy lifter...
Still too inconsistent. No all round even heat to seal the meat...no browning for doing the top of pizza or browning the top of your veg...or charcoal cooking veg at all...and you just don't get the same flavor or consistency in marrow bones which is my fave and a cholesterol killer. Dude...no comparison at all...My unit takes braai to a level of perfection.

Not boasting...but when I started my quest for a perfect braai experience I went through a lot of braais before I arrived at this point.

Best of all...there are only 4 of mine in existence in private homes...I like that exclusivity.

Besides which. Mine comes with a hefty price tag


Last edited by Sards on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12179
Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Lyk na iets vir die windgat manne in Knysna. Of vir die souties.

Sards gaan sukkel om sy braaie in die Paarl te verkoop.


Dude...my Diablo is in another league. That's a braai. With a fancy lifter...
Still too inconsistent. No all round even heat to seal the meat...no browning for doing the top of pizza or browning the top of your veg...or charcoal cooking veg at all...and you just don't get the same flavor or consistency in marrow bones which is my fave and a cholesterol killer. Dude...no comparison at all...My unit takes braai to a level of perfection.

Not boasting...but when I started my quest for a perfect braai experience I went through a lot of braais before I arrived at this point.

Best of all...there are only 4 of mine in existence in private homes...I like that exclusivity


Yes ummm. Pizza is not a FVCKING braai!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Sauce...you are far too limited in your imagination. You have constrained your mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 5514
When I was younger I'll get too pissed to watch the fire and end up asking my wife to start the oven. Luckily we could afford a gas oven back then or she would have to struggle with a charcoal one like Sards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14075
So this weekend, going to Stilbaai. Tonight chicken guns, tomorrow afternoon hot dogs and tomorrow night I'll be assisting in a deboned lamb spit.

To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9068
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
handyman wrote:
So this weekend, going to Stilbaai. Tonight chicken guns, tomorrow afternoon hot dogs and tomorrow night I'll be assisting in a deboned lamb spit.

To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!

Why would you debone a lamb and take away the thing that gives the lamb its most flavour?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
I leave today...in an hour...for my sons boys weekend away...going to watch the kids braai boerewors and burgers tonight. Sucking on Castle lights watching the waves roll in the bay from our cottage overlooking the sea...Just my mate, myself and 4 eleven year olds...I've got the guns with so we might shoot a little and cricket gear for a game on the beach and we will probably throw a line in the water when the sun goes down...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
handyman wrote:
So this weekend, going to Stilbaai. Tonight chicken guns, tomorrow afternoon hot dogs and tomorrow night I'll be assisting in a deboned lamb spit.

To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!


Dude you are down the drag from us...we are going to Die Dam...Hook up for a dop this weekend...we are going to the Boathouse restaurant in Gansbaai for a meal tomorrow night around 4 to 6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10293
Location: Kenya
handyman wrote:
To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!


Stay safe boet :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15874
With all the storms and rain in Deben I doubt that we will be having a braai at all.

Having said that the sun has just come out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Lyk na iets vir die windgat manne in Knysna. Of vir die souties.

Sards gaan sukkel om sy braaie in die Paarl te verkoop.


Dude...my Diablo is in another league. That's a braai. With a fancy lifter...
Still too inconsistent. No all round even heat to seal the meat...no browning for doing the top of pizza or browning the top of your veg...or charcoal cooking veg at all...and you just don't get the same flavor or consistency in marrow bones which is my fave and a cholesterol killer. Dude...no comparison at all...My unit takes braai to a level of perfection.

Not boasting...but when I started my quest for a perfect braai experience I went through a lot of braais before I arrived at this point.

Best of all...there are only 4 of mine in existence in private homes...I like that exclusivity.

Besides which. Mine comes with a hefty price tag

If you call someone "Dude" then it means you cant braai properly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
So this weekend, going to Stilbaai. Tonight chicken guns, tomorrow afternoon hot dogs and tomorrow night I'll be assisting in a deboned lamb spit.

To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!


Dude you are down the drag from us...we are going to Die Dam...Hook up for a dop this weekend...we are going to the Boathouse restaurant in Gansbaai for a meal tomorrow night around 4 to 6

Gaan eet ordentlik by Baardskeerdersbos by Marietjies Pub en Grill. Meat platter vir R180. 32 kms van die dam.

Julle moet n slag vir my ondersteun, ongelukkig vlieg ek sondag weer Lagos toe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1442
Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14075
OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
So this weekend, going to Stilbaai. Tonight chicken guns, tomorrow afternoon hot dogs and tomorrow night I'll be assisting in a deboned lamb spit.

To those saffers abroad, it will be just another regular weekend in South Africa. Enjoy mud island!


Dude you are down the drag from us...we are going to Die Dam...Hook up for a dop this weekend...we are going to the Boathouse restaurant in Gansbaai for a meal tomorrow night around 4 to 6

Gaan eet ordentlik by Baardskeerdersbos by Marietjies Pub en Grill. Meat platter vir R180. 32 kms van die dam.

Julle moet n slag vir my ondersteun, ongelukkig vlieg ek sondag weer Lagos toe.

Stilbaai en Die Dam is moer ver van mekaar af, weet nie hoe ver sards se google maps nie.
Is Marietjies Pub & Grill die een met die keppies? Lekker plek.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14075
beachboy wrote:
Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.

You always get people saying it's got no flavour, but I just love fillet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12179
beachboy wrote:
Another shit day in Africa.


Joyannesburg is particularly sit this afternoon. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
beachboy wrote:
Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.


Seems us Capies are looking for the sunshine


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15874
Checkers has rib eye on the bone at R89.00 per kg. I am braaing in the vokken rain tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12179
Chilli wrote:
Checkers has rib eye on the bone at R89.00 per kg. I am braaing in the vokken rain tonight.


:shock:

Their wors is pretty good too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
beachboy wrote:
Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.

Sounds like heaven beachboy, enjoy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
handyman wrote:
beachboy wrote:
Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.

You always get people saying it's got no flavour, but I just love fillet.

ribeye my favorite steak but yes, fillet is awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14075
saffer13 wrote:
handyman wrote:
beachboy wrote:
Hermanus for the week-end, going to bunk off from work in about 2 hours. Managed to buy some fillet at a great price. My son-in-law is genius at doing fillet, so I shall light the fire and let him braai the fillet and he makes a great pepper sauce. With a couple of potatoes and washed down with some Windhoek Draft, gazing out at the ocean, what could be better. Another shit day in Africa.

You always get people saying it's got no flavour, but I just love fillet.

ribeye my favorite steak but yes, fillet is awesome.

Yep, can't beat ribeye.

Yet to try a tomahawk steak tho.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28494
Location: Chickenrunning...
sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Checkers has rib eye on the bone at R89.00 per kg. I am braaing in the vokken rain tonight.


:shock:

Their wors is pretty good too.


I went to school with one of their senior buyers - he takes his meat very seriously! :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Sandstorm wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Checkers has rib eye on the bone at R89.00 per kg. I am braaing in the vokken rain tonight.


:shock:

Their wors is pretty good too.


I dated one of their senior buyers - he takes his meat very seriously! :thumbup:


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
Order T Bone in Lagos. The waiter brought two , bit bigger then lamb chops but vok me they were taai. Nearly broke my tupperwares.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9068
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
So I am going to build a binnebraai in my dining room - the fokken wind in PE is so kak you can hardly braai from Sept - Nov

Going to make a 1.8m opening and have hooks from the top to hang pots and tongs etc

Something like this design, obviously a bit smaller, but same effect

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28494
Location: Chickenrunning...
Sard you tosser :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Big Nipper wrote:
So I am going to build a binnebraai in my dining room - the fokken wind in PE is so kak you can hardly braai from Sept - Nov

Going to make a 1.8m opening and have hooks from the top to hang pots and tongs etc

Something like this design, obviously a bit smaller, but same effect

Image

Dont....I never use mine...your home will stink of smoke....build an afdak on rather.

Especially with the wind.

Alternatively try find an old farmhouse that has a fireplace in the kitchen and look how its built. The one I remember was very deep so the smoke can draw properly and not get into the house with a large chimney.


Last edited by Sards on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21852
Location: Struisbaai
Sandstorm wrote:
Sard you tosser :lol:

Is jy n agtermekaar kerel?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
OomPB wrote:
Is jy n agtermekaar kerel?


:lol:

never heard that term before


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9068
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Sards wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
So I am going to build a binnebraai in my dining room - the fokken wind in PE is so kak you can hardly braai from Sept - Nov

Going to make a 1.8m opening and have hooks from the top to hang pots and tongs etc

Something like this design, obviously a bit smaller, but same effect

Image

Dont....I never use mine...your home will stink of smoke....build an afdak on rather.

Especially with the wind.

Alternatively try find an old farmhouse that has a fireplace in the kitchen and look how its built. The one I remember was very deep so the smoke can draw properly and not get into the house with a large chimney.

Yeah i am building mine out, so the front end of braai will be my current wall and the body of the braai is then going out into the current back yard, and so the fire will be made a bit deeper with a big chimney to pull all the smoke out

Well, thats the plan anyway


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Big Nipper wrote:
Sards wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
So I am going to build a binnebraai in my dining room - the fokken wind in PE is so kak you can hardly braai from Sept - Nov

Going to make a 1.8m opening and have hooks from the top to hang pots and tongs etc

Something like this design, obviously a bit smaller, but same effect

Image

Dont....I never use mine...your home will stink of smoke....build an afdak on rather.

Especially with the wind.

Alternatively try find an old farmhouse that has a fireplace in the kitchen and look how its built. The one I remember was very deep so the smoke can draw properly and not get into the house with a large chimney.

Yeah i am building mine out, so the front end of braai will be my current wall and the body of the braai is then going out into the current back yard, and so the fire will be made a bit deeper with a big chimney to pull all the smoke out

Well, thats the plan anyway


Just ask the question of the contractor so it's on record. I tried everything...My flue was big and 3m up...didn't help. Extended another metre and a half...didn't work. Changed the cowel..
didn't work...Halved the height of my braai in front with a false panel...didn't work...

That's where I am stuck now....the smoke sits on your curtains and furniture.

Wind is a bitch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4353
In the 18th century Lord Rumford figured out chimney design


Google it - it is pretty simple


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 186  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jambanja, nardol, Sonny Blount, UncleFB, Wilderbeast and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group