Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
We have come to town today . Will buy meat to make chicken, beef and pork sosaties to braai tonight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14091
Almost weekend lads. What's on the braai?

Spareribs on Saturday, not sure Sunday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11877
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
handyman wrote:
Almost weekend lads. What's on the braai?

Spareribs on Saturday, not sure Sunday.


Something that involves my hickory wood chips and smoke box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
Been braaiing so much, flippen lekker.

One thing I haven't braaied yet are some ribs. I need some suggestions for good rib braaing procedures...on a traditional braai, not weber or anything.

Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14091
saffer13 wrote:
Been braaiing so much, flippen lekker.

One thing I haven't braaied yet are some ribs. I need some suggestions for good rib braaing procedures...on a traditional braai, not weber or anything.

Cheers.

Are you talking pork or lamb?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
handyman wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Been braaiing so much, flippen lekker.

One thing I haven't braaied yet are some ribs. I need some suggestions for good rib braaing procedures...on a traditional braai, not weber or anything.

Cheers.

Are you talking pork or lamb?

Would be pork or beef. Pork more than likely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: Struisbaai
Lam ribs are the best


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
OomPB wrote:
Lam ribs are the best

I love lamb ribs.

Have pork ribs and boerie on the braai tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25660
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Lam ribs are the best

I love lamb ribs.

Have pork ribs and boerie on the braai tonight.

Pork rib prep and braai please?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: Struisbaai
saffer13 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Lam ribs are the best

I love lamb ribs.

Have pork ribs and boerie on the braai tonight.

Pork rib prep and braai please?

Get them from Woolies.

Lam ribs from Graaff Reinett, more Aberdeen area.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14091
OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Lam ribs are the best

I love lamb ribs.

Have pork ribs and boerie on the braai tonight.

Pork rib prep and braai please?

Get them from Woolies.

Lam ribs from Graaff Reinett, more Aberdeen area.

Oom, saffer is in the United States...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: Struisbaai
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Lam ribs are the best

I love lamb ribs.

Have pork ribs and boerie on the braai tonight.

Pork rib prep and braai please?

Get them from Woolies.

Lam ribs from Graaff Reinett, more Aberdeen area.

Oom, saffer is in the United States...

wooshed Probeer dat hy huis toe verlang. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
Going to braai burgers tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3570
Chilli wrote:
Going to braai burgers tonight.


Have some wagyu burgers for tonight but sadly not enough time to get the weber on... it's after 8pm here now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21422
Tomorrow is St. George’s day so going to braai a pork roast and a lamb roast for lunch tomorrow ( can’t eat pork any more because it gives me gout )

Have mealies too so tomorrow is going to be epic for the belly ! :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
pjm1 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Going to braai burgers tonight.


Have some wagyu burgers for tonight but sadly not enough time to get the weber on... it's after 8pm here now.

Is Wagu not wasted being minced?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5384
Chilli wrote:
pjm1 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Going to braai burgers tonight.


Have some wagyu burgers for tonight but sadly not enough time to get the weber on... it's after 8pm here now.

Is Wagu not wasted being minced?


Yup - It's the bits off of a Wagyu cow that are not "Wagyu" grade


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Chilli wrote:
pjm1 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Going to braai burgers tonight.


Have some wagyu burgers for tonight but sadly not enough time to get the weber on... it's after 8pm here now.

Is Wagu not wasted being minced?


Yup - It's the bits off of a Wagyu cow that are not "Wagyu" grade

At 10 times the price no doubt.
As long as it tastes good


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3722
This thread, that dates back to 2012, with all its delicious recipes, will soon be gone...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9093
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
test


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14091
Clogs wrote:
This thread, that dates back to 2012, with all its delicious recipes, will soon be gone...

Why?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12197
handyman wrote:
Clogs wrote:
This thread, that dates back to 2012, with all its delicious recipes, will soon be gone...

Why?



Oe fok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30072
Location: Innie Kaap
Goodbye old friend


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
Clogs wrote:
This thread, that dates back to 2012, with all its delicious recipes, will soon be gone...

Is there not a chance that someone will throw us a lifeline?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3722
handyman wrote:
Clogs wrote:
This thread, that dates back to 2012, with all its delicious recipes, will soon be gone...

Why?



It survived the AIDS* but not the coronavirus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14091
At least Draad will be happy his burned charcoal tjoppies will be gone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14091
Anyone with booze left? 2 bottles of brandy, 5 bottles of gin, 6 beers and 1 bottle of red wine left.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
Big Nipper wrote:
test

Nipper. Merino has fantastic meat. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: Struisbaai
Chicken pot tonight.

Exciting about tomorrow, strolling along the beach. That will be good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
Pork rashers and chicken sosaties tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5384
Chilli wrote:
Pork rashers and chicken sosaties tonight.


I'm doing Sweet and Soour Pork Rashers and egg-fried Rice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15891
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Pork rashers and chicken sosaties tonight.


I'm doing Sweet and Soour Pork Rashers and egg-fried Rice

I love egg fried rice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: Struisbaai
Chilli wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Pork rashers and chicken sosaties tonight.


I'm doing Sweet and Soour Pork Rashers and egg-fried Rice

I love egg fried rice

Is dit saad?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 201
I’m about to upgrade my BBQ facilities.

I don’t post very often but have been following this thread for years as I’m a very keen outdoor cook. Lit the BBQ over 30 times last summer which is my gauge for how good a season we’ve had (this might not sound much to Saffers but it’s not bad for the NE of England)

I don’t do any smoking or low and slow stuff, it’s all pretty much direct heat grilling.

The 2 things I most want to add in my upgrade is an adjustable height grill (preferably 2 different grill heights side by side - so some sort of ‘Santa Maria’ affair. I would also like the facility to fix a rotisserie on and off the grill when I fancy that type of cooking.
Lastly it needs to be portable rather than built in so I can wheel it to different parts of my courtyard.

Suggestions welcome


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10498
Location: Texas
ragyboy wrote:
Lit the BBQ over 30 times last summer
All on the same day because heavy rain kept extinguishing it?

If you have a Weber kettle there are a number of Santa Maria accessories floating around the net which look effective.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4299
Skaaptjoppies en askoek.
Washed down with Efes beer en Raki.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: Struisbaai
Fish is a plenty now. Plenty geelstert, got geelbek which is is nice pan fried. Also have rooi stomp neus and some weskus snoek.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24432
Would give my left but for some decent galjoen, steenbras, hototsvis and hake, now. And decent smoed snoek, and bokkoms. Been ages since I had real, fresh fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: Struisbaai
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Would give my left but for some decent galjoen, steenbras, hototsvis and hake, now. And decent smoed snoek, and bokkoms. Been ages since I had real, fresh fish.

The Fisher men struggle to sell. I can pick and choose now. Its galjoen tyd here. My contact caught a 9 kg geelstert last week. The China traulers not far away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24432
Corona trawlers ? Shit ...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bimboman, BokJock, camroc1, CarrotGawks, dargotronV.1, Floppykid, Google Adsense [Bot], Hong Kong, message #2527204, pieman99, Saint, St_Badger and 53 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group