geordie_6

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by geordie_6 »

Joost wrote:
geordie_6 wrote:
Crawford. wrote:Mickey Young I think.

And Stringer. :uhoh:
Martin Roberts too, I believe.
Yep, looking forward to seeing what we can get out of Young. He had some superb games when he was at Newcastle. Stringer has actually been very good, much to my surprise, and he's more than merited being offered a new contract.

Re: Eastmond, he's got some very nice skills, if you were going to use a commentator's cliche you'd call him a 'good footballer' ( :roll: ). However, I'm really not sure where he'd fit at international level; as we've seen with Alex Goode, having a few skills doesn't mean you can be a success in a position you lack some of the fundamentals for and I don't think Eastmond is a complete enough centre or wing to make the full side. Though this is the perfect tour to throw him in and see what he can add.

Bath seem to be set on him as a 12 for now, though with the number of new signings in the backs he could be moved again. Doubt it will be to 9 though.
I'd like to see him do well, as he was very good for the Falcons at times, and it looked like he was ready to make the next step when he moved to Leicester.

To a certain extent, as long as Eastmond doesn't prevent 36 getting game time (i.e. in the international games) then I don't mind his inclusion. I just don't rate him terribly highly, as you say you can't really see where his position would be, and you've probably seen a lot more of him than the rest of us Joost.
geordie_6

Post by geordie_6 »

One player I'm looking forward to having back in an England shirt is Ben Morgan. As much as I am keen to see Billy V make his debut, Morgan was missed in a big way during the 6 Nations.
Joost

Post by Joost »

geordie_6 wrote: To a certain extent, as long as Eastmond doesn't prevent 36 getting game time (i.e. in the international games) then I don't mind his inclusion. I just don't rate him terribly highly, as you say you can't really see where his position would be, and you've probably seen a lot more of him than the rest of us Joost.
Long-term I think he may develop into a JSD-style player, plays wing but very often seen further in-field where his creativity can put others away. His best skill is probably his passing close to the gainline, holds his pass until very late and fizzes it very flat and fast, he's also got quite a nice step and offload but doesn't quite seem to have the acceleration over 5 yards that could've made him another Robinson.

He's not been helped by the Bath backline being all over the place and I doubt that anyone who's watched Bath away from the Rec will have been impressed by any of our players. Think he could surprise a few on this tour, though I dread Stuart Barnes' reaction if he does produce a few magic moments in one of the exhibition games.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Joost wrote:
geordie_6 wrote:
Crawford. wrote:Mickey Young I think.

And Stringer. :uhoh:
Martin Roberts too, I believe.
Yep, looking forward to seeing what we can get out of Young. He had some superb games when he was at Newcastle. Stringer has actually been very good, much to my surprise, and he's more than merited being offered a new contract.

Re: Eastmond, he's got some very nice skills, if you were going to use a commentator's cliche you'd call him a 'good footballer' ( :roll: ). However, I'm really not sure where he'd fit at international level; as we've seen with Alex Goode, having a few skills doesn't mean you can be a success in a position you lack some of the fundamentals for and I don't think Eastmond is a complete enough centre or wing to make the full side. Though this is the perfect tour to throw him in and see what he can add.

Bath seem to be set on him as a 12 for now, though with the number of new signings in the backs he could be moved again. Doubt it will be to 9 though.
When Goode was first selected for England he was running the ball back and beating players for his club and did the same for his country. He is not doing it for his club or his country at the moment. It's not a case of couldn't make the step up from club rugby to international rugby. Justa player who has been shit for most of the season.
geordie_6

Post by geordie_6 »

Joost wrote:
geordie_6 wrote: To a certain extent, as long as Eastmond doesn't prevent 36 getting game time (i.e. in the international games) then I don't mind his inclusion. I just don't rate him terribly highly, as you say you can't really see where his position would be, and you've probably seen a lot more of him than the rest of us Joost.
Long-term I think he may develop into a JSD-style player, plays wing but very often seen further in-field where his creativity can put others away. His best skill is probably his passing close to the gainline, holds his pass until very late and fizzes it very flat and fast, he's also got quite a nice step and offload but doesn't quite seem to have the acceleration over 5 yards that could've made him another Robinson.

He's not been helped by the Bath backline being all over the place and I doubt that anyone who's watched Bath away from the Rec will have been impressed by any of our players. Think he could surprise a few on this tour, though I dread Stuart Barnes' reaction if he does produce a few magic moments in one of the exhibition games.
Eastmond seemed to struggled to get into games once Banahan got injured, that a fair assessment?

So far we have seen flashes of ability, but by and large they don't seem to have been when running out at 12, despite having a good passing game as you say.
Joost

Post by Joost »

geordie_6 wrote:
Joost wrote:

Eastmond seemed to struggled to get into games once Banahan got injured, that a fair assessment?

So far we have seen flashes of ability, but by and large they don't seem to have been when running out at 12, despite having a good passing game as you say.
I think you could say Bath have been less effective without Banahan, as Agulla isn't a 13. Banahan and Eastmond lining up next to each other is one of my favourite sights from the Rec this season, must get a picture of it next year.

Anon - when Goode came under pressure for England his last-ditch tackling was really shown up to be poor; he seemed to get bounced continuously throughout the 6N. He also looked unsure under the high-ball when pressurised. Both key parts to a fullback's game which aren't offset by his good handling, passing, kicking etc.
polyallstar

Post by polyallstar »

How many English Heineken Cup winners yesterday then? 5 I think, were there that many French :lol:
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Delon Armitage, probably still the best english fullback.
bealonian

Post by bealonian »

DragsterDriver wrote:Delon Armitage, probably still the best english fullback.
Close call between Delon and Mike Brown. Foden has to regain some of the dash that made his inclusion an automatic choice.
pjm1

Post by pjm1 »

I can see Felon getting called up to replace an injured Bowe just in time for the first Lions test...

The Irish hate on here would be tremendous and well worth the craic.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

bealonian wrote:
Close call between Delon and Mike Brown. Foden has to regain some of the dash that made his inclusion an automatic choice.
Foden is running the ball back well but into dead ends not space. I'm not entirely sure his club form was ever as good as his england form?

Gut feeling is he'll be back with a vengance.
pjm1 wrote:I can see Felon getting called up to replace an injured Bowe just in time for the first Lions test...

The Irish hate on here would be tremendous and well worth the craic.
I don't use the word 'meltdown' lightly but..... :thumbup:
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

No, still flirts with getting binned half the time he makes tackles.
Foden is running the ball back well but into dead ends not space. I'm not entirely sure his club form was ever as good as his england form?
Have you forgotten the Foden/Ashton Saints partnership that saw the callup in the first place? His club form was scorching for a while.
polyallstar

Post by polyallstar »

JM2K6 wrote:
Have you forgotten the Foden/Ashton Saints partnership that saw the callup in the first place? His club form was scorching for a while.
This, I'm wondering how much each player relied on the other, they've both been exceedingly average since Ashton left Saints (admittedly Ashton was struggling in his final Saints season too). Personally think Foden isn't 100% fit and would have benefited from a rest/rehab this summer but we shall see.
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

geordie_6 wrote:One player I'm looking forward to having back in an England shirt is Ben Morgan. As much as I am keen to see Billy V make his debut, Morgan was missed in a big way during the 6 Nations.
Yep, Tom Wood struggled manfully but the lack of a proper 8 killed the backrow balance.
Double

Post by Double »

polyallstar wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
This, I'm wondering how much each player relied on the other, they've both been exceedingly average since Ashton left Saints (admittedly Ashton was struggling in his final Saints season too). Personally think Foden isn't 100% fit and would have benefited from a rest/rehab this summer but we shall see.
I think Foden is fit - he's shown glimpses of accelerations and pace throughout full games and some good tackling when he actually gets the positioning right. He needs more gametime, particularly with these new wingers if they're going to retain the shirts through to the autumn.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Have to say I can't wait for the summer of rugby to come now.

Next week I'm heading to Twickenham :D, got my ERSC membership package through today, and am looking forward to the occasion whilst wearing my Lions jersey. On a side note, my cousin who's coming with me to the game has a welsh mother so If I see him wearing a welsh jersey at an England game he's getting what for :x . Make the wee critter buy a Lions jersey as substitute.

England's U20s, Tour of Argentina and Lions. Can't wait. :o
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Wendigo7 wrote:Have to say I can't wait for the summer of rugby to come now.

Next week I'm heading to Twickenham :D, got my ERSC membership package through today, and am looking forward to the occasion whilst wearing my Lions jersey. On a side note, my cousin who's coming with me to the game has a welsh mother so If I see him wearing a welsh jersey at an England game he's getting what for :x . Make the wee critter buy a Lions jersey as substitute.

Be cool if we can update with tv schedules for all the games :thumbup:
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

DragsterDriver wrote:

I'll get on it now :D.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Wendigo7 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

I'll get on it now :D.
Added TV schedules for England vs Baabaas and all Skysports cover of the Lions.

JWC is also on Skysports and it has been shown on TV when cover starts but isn't in the listings?? The same issue is with the England internationals in Argentina.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Well played :thumbup:
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

Two bits of news:
Bath Rugby have announced the retirement of former England centre Dan Hipkiss with immediate effect through injury.

The 13-times capped England centre has made 28 appearances for Bath since joining the club in 2011. Having injured his shoulder in January, and having sought the advice of medical professionals, Dan has been left with no option but to hang up his boots.

"This is obviously a really sad time for me, but the decision has really been taken out of my hands which has made it a little bit easier. It's not the way anyone wants to leave the game, but when the doctor tells you it's time you have to listen to them," said Hipkiss.

"I've loved my time at Bath, and was really looking forward to another year here. The club have made some great signings in the likes of Jonathan Joseph, George Ford and Anthony Watson, and I was excited to play alongside them and be part of their development, as well as the club's future.

"Looking back, I've had a great career, and would like to thank Sam Vesty and Lewis Moody, who I've played with for pretty much the whole time I've been in rugby. I'd also like to thank Paddy Howard and Darryl Gibson, who have given me a huge amount of support.

"Finally, the biggest thank you goes to my girlfriend and family for putting up with me - it's not always easy, but the support from them throughout my career has been amazing."

"Dan is a great character to have around the squad, and the knowledge of and enthusiasm for the game that he has is something we will really miss around the place," said Bath head coach Gary Gold.

"He'd just signed a new contract to stay on with the Club, and we were looking forward to him helping us develop some of the younger talent that we have coming into the squad. It's never nice when one of your players is forced into making this decision, but we wish Dan all the very best with whatever he does next."
Saracens flanker Will Fraser is facing an uncertain time on the sidelines after suffering a rare shoulder injury earlier in the season.

The promising young openside seemed destined to tour with England to South America next month, after a stellar for club side Saracens in the Aviva Premiership and Heineken Cup.

However the 23-year old could now be out until November, after ripping a tendon off the bone in his shoulder, forcing him to miss the start of next season and drop out of England's tour.

In Fraser's absence, Saracens crashed out of both the Aviva Premiership and Heineken Cup semi-finals.

"I was devastated to be honest. Obviously I'd hoped to go on tour to Argentina," said Fraser to the Watford Observer.

"And to play the whole year and then miss out on the Heineken Cup semi and the Premiership semi - those are the games you play the whole year to play in so I was devastated to miss them.

"But it's part of the game, it happens, the more you think about it the worse state of mind you get yourself in so you have to get on with it.

"I got a text off Graham [Rowntree, England coach] saying I hadn't been considered for the tour because of the injury but that I'm still very much in the plans going forward and I should just get back playing and keep in touch sort of thing.

"That was nice to hear from him. It would have been great to have gone on tour, it would have been brilliant to get the chance to get my first cap but I've put myself in a good position if not this year then next year.

"If England's meant to happen it'll happen another time. I don't think I've missed the boat by not going on tour this summer."
mr flaps

Post by mr flaps »

openclashXX wrote:Two bits of news:
Bath Rugby have announced the retirement of former England centre Dan Hipkiss with immediate effect through injury.

The 13-times capped England centre has made 28 appearances for Bath since joining the club in 2011. Having injured his shoulder in January, and having sought the advice of medical professionals, Dan has been left with no option but to hang up his boots.

"This is obviously a really sad time for me, but the decision has really been taken out of my hands which has made it a little bit easier. It's not the way anyone wants to leave the game, but when the doctor tells you it's time you have to listen to them," said Hipkiss.

"I've loved my time at Bath, and was really looking forward to another year here. The club have made some great signings in the likes of Jonathan Joseph, George Ford and Anthony Watson, and I was excited to play alongside them and be part of their development, as well as the club's future.

"Looking back, I've had a great career, and would like to thank Sam Vesty and Lewis Moody, who I've played with for pretty much the whole time I've been in rugby. I'd also like to thank Paddy Howard and Darryl Gibson, who have given me a huge amount of support.

"Finally, the biggest thank you goes to my girlfriend and family for putting up with me - it's not always easy, but the support from them throughout my career has been amazing."

"Dan is a great character to have around the squad, and the knowledge of and enthusiasm for the game that he has is something we will really miss around the place," said Bath head coach Gary Gold.

"He'd just signed a new contract to stay on with the Club, and we were looking forward to him helping us develop some of the younger talent that we have coming into the squad. It's never nice when one of your players is forced into making this decision, but we wish Dan all the very best with whatever he does next."
Saracens flanker Will Fraser is facing an uncertain time on the sidelines after suffering a rare shoulder injury earlier in the season.

The promising young openside seemed destined to tour with England to South America next month, after a stellar for club side Saracens in the Aviva Premiership and Heineken Cup.

However the 23-year old could now be out until November, after ripping a tendon off the bone in his shoulder, forcing him to miss the start of next season and drop out of England's tour.

In Fraser's absence, Saracens crashed out of both the Aviva Premiership and Heineken Cup semi-finals.

"I was devastated to be honest. Obviously I'd hoped to go on tour to Argentina," said Fraser to the Watford Observer.

"And to play the whole year and then miss out on the Heineken Cup semi and the Premiership semi - those are the games you play the whole year to play in so I was devastated to miss them.

"But it's part of the game, it happens, the more you think about it the worse state of mind you get yourself in so you have to get on with it.

"I got a text off Graham [Rowntree, England coach] saying I hadn't been considered for the tour because of the injury but that I'm still very much in the plans going forward and I should just get back playing and keep in touch sort of thing.

"That was nice to hear from him. It would have been great to have gone on tour, it would have been brilliant to get the chance to get my first cap but I've put myself in a good position if not this year then next year.

"If England's meant to happen it'll happen another time. I don't think I've missed the boat by not going on tour this summer."

We can't catch a break.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Poor Fraser :( Loads of competition for his spot by the time he gets back.
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

Bad luck Danny Hipkiss. Always liked him. Never seen another player with his ridiculous ability to stay on his feet. Shame he was at his peak in England's dire years. Could have had many more caps.

Always remember his try against Sarries in the final. :proud:
Crawford.

Post by Crawford. »

Played almost a full half in a World Cup final too.
Crawford.

Post by Crawford. »

Not sure why, but that made me think of this - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xksr3z ... Z0Gxpxi0-g

Great moment. :thumbup: :nod:
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

Official RFU ‏@Official_RFU Congrats to @joe_launch, named RPA England Player of the Year for 2013. Towering, relentless presence wearing red rose this season #progress
Official RFU ‏@Official_RFU Historic achievement for ENG&Wasps' @ChristianWade3, first to win RPA Players' Player & Young Player in same season
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Good for Wasps :D and good for both of them! Launch was knackered by the end, but he'd still put in a shift. Wade deserved to get some more trophies other than a joint top try scorer, so please for him too.
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

Something special happening down in Worcester it seems:
Worcester Warriors have announced that hooker Chris Brooker will move to Sixways after agreeing a switch from Harlequins.

Dynamic front row Brooker, 26, has officially put pen to paper on a deal at Worcester today and will join-up with his new teammates when they return to training next month.

The Bristol-born ace, a member of the senior England squad during the 2012 Six Nations, has played 84 games for Quins - scoring five tries - after joining from Bath Rugby in 2007.

Brooker was previously part of the England Under-21 Grand Slam winning team of 2006, featuring in the IRB Junior World Championships in France, and represented England Saxons in 2012.

Worcester boss Dean Ryan admitted he was delighted to sign the talented front row forward and thanked Harlequins and his counterpart Conor O'Shea for allowing Brooker to make the switch.

"We are very pleased to be able to sign a player of the experience and calibre of Chris. He will add greatly to the squad we are assembling ahead of the new Aviva Premiership campaign," said Ryan.

"Chris comes to Warriors eager to re-launch his career, now he is fully recovered after being sidelined with a knee injury, and his appetite and desire will be evident to all.

"He is determined to be a success at Sixways and wants to perform not only for Worcester but also return to the form that brought him to the attention of England and push his internationals aspirations."

"I'm excited about becoming a Warrior. It's a new coach, new start and a new club for me," said Brooker.

"I want to come back and really impress, get back to where I was before I got injured and I truly feel this is the club to do that under the guidance of Dean Ryan."
Also, bit more on the tour to Argentina:
Official RFU ‏@Official_RFU
To all those asking about #ARGvENG Tests (June 8 and 15) being televised in UK, we'll provide any information as soon as we have it #rugby
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Wondered what would happen with our collection of hookers. We seem to have a good relationship with Worcs - quite a few players shifting to them after being with us.

Brooker was briefly a cracking player but that injury was so badly timed. With Gray, Buchanan, Ward, and uh some youngster we're well covered. Hope he stays injury free.
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

JM2K6 wrote:Wondered what would happen with our collection of hookers. We seem to have a good relationship with Worcs - quite a few players shifting to them after being with us.

Brooker was briefly a cracking player but that injury was so badly timed. With Gray, Buchanan, Ward, and uh some youngster we're well covered. Hope he stays injury free.
Have Quins made any new signings aside from Doran-Jones this summer? I can't imagine they'd need to, given the success of their youngsters in the LV, but I haven't heard anything about a replacement for Clegg, and with two fairly experienced THPs leaving, I'm surprised they haven't gone with a safer signing than Doran-Jones.
Petros

Post by Petros »

Jack Wallace has signed for Bristol, from Wasps

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps33866.ink
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

WRU Head of Rugby Joe Lydon has been appointed Head of International Player Development by the RFU.

The rugby league great and former England attack and Sevens coach will lead and manage the international performance pathway to provide a pipeline of international players for England Rugby.

"This is a critical building block in the RFU's departmental reorganisation, ensuring that there will be a clear focus on long-term development. Joe is a fantastic addition to the RFU and I am confident he will help ensure future success at all levels," said RFU Chief Executive Ian Ritchie.

Reporting to England Head Coach Stuart Lancaster in the new International Performance Department, Lydon will join the RFU at a date to be confirmed.

"This is a significant appointment for the future of England Rugby, made following a rigorous selection process," said Lancaster.

"Joe has a huge amount of experience as a player, coach and head of a successful performance and development structure in Wales and I am looking forward to working with him.

"He will be responsible for developing and managing a world class system of international player development for all our teams. We would like to build on the current system of talent identification, development and selection process that ensures that we have continual supply of high quality international players for England."

Lydon, whose remit will include Saxons, U20s, U18s, Sevens, and the Women's senior, Sevens and U20 teams, is returning to the RFU where he coached the senior, Saxons, Sevens and Under-19 teams.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time within Welsh Rugby and I feel proud and privileged to have helped the WRU make great strides in performance and development over the last five years," said Lydon.

"I'd like to thank Welsh Rugby for the fantastic opportunity and the support and guidance provided by so many along the way.

"I am now looking forward to a new challenge and to contribute to the development of players within the RFU pathway. There is already some great talent coming through the system and I am looking forward to working with Stuart, the other coaches and performance staff to maximise that potential as we move to 2015 and beyond."
So presumably the guy who has renaissance'd the Welsh upturn in talent, is coming back to England, to do a similar role and help out the kids of the future develop properly and get into the international set ups without any issues, so we can develop stronger sides more consistently. Good signing.

Where does this leave the speckled prat?
openclashXX

Post by openclashXX »

England flanker Calum Clark is a doubt for the tour of South America after an ankle injury ruled him out of Saturday's Premiership final.

Clark sustained the injury during Northampton's semi-final win over Saracens and he has failed to recover in time for the Saints' clash with Leicester at Twickenham.

he will be assessed by the England's medical staff on Sunday and a decision on whether he will miss the tour will be made then.

Clark missed England's 2012 tour to South Africa after receiving a record 32-week suspension for breaking the arm of Leicester hooker Rob Hawkins.

England boss Stuart Lancaster stood by Clark and he was recalled for the Six Nations, only to suffer a shoulder injury in January that sidelined him for the whole tournament.

Clark was selected again for England's three-match tour, which starts against a combined South American XV in Montevideo a week tomorrow before two Tests against Argentina.

Phil Dowson will start at blindside flanker for Northampton in the Premiership final as the Saints go in search of their first title.
Who would be next in line if he weren't to make it? Fearns? Kruis? Gibson?
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

openclashXX wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Wondered what would happen with our collection of hookers. We seem to have a good relationship with Worcs - quite a few players shifting to them after being with us.

Have Quins made any new signings aside from Doran-Jones this summer? I can't imagine they'd need to, given the success of their youngsters in the LV, but I haven't heard anything about a replacement for Clegg, and with two fairly experienced THPs leaving, I'm surprised they haven't gone with a safer signing than Doran-Jones.
Two tightheads leaving? We lost Fairbrother ages ago and he hadn't contributed for a while, Collier is already the better option and Sinckler is a Marler-style U20s hero. Clegg's left because there's no room for him to play regularly - we have Evans & Botica, with Grimoldby as the development option.

I haven't heard of any new signings but I do think we need one or two; we have a heap of back 3 players but only Brown is consistently dangerous, the rest are all worthy players but none of them terrify teams. Ugo isn't the player he was in 2009, Williams is getting quite flaky and slowing down, and the youngsters are hard working but flawed.
openclashXX wrote:Who would be next in line if he weren't to make it? Fearns? Kruis? Gibson?
Depends what they see him as. If it's a lock, then Kruis. If it's a flanker, then Wallace or Fearns.
Anjin

Post by Anjin »

JM2K6 wrote:
openclashXX wrote:

Two tightheads leaving? We lost Fairbrother ages ago and he hadn't contributed for a while, Collier is already the better option and Sinckler is a Marler-style U20s hero. Clegg's left because there's no room for him to play regularly - we have Evans & Botica, with Grimoldby as the development option.

I haven't heard of any new signings but I do think we need one or two; we have a heap of back 3 players but only Brown is consistently dangerous, the rest are all worthy players but none of them terrify teams. Ugo isn't the player he was in 2009, Williams is getting quite flaky and slowing down, and the youngsters are hard working but flawed.
openclashXX wrote:Who would be next in line if he weren't to make it? Fearns? Kruis? Gibson?
Depends what they see him as. If it's a lock, then Kruis. If it's a flanker, then Wallace or Fearns.
I thought Chisholm had some potential, has he not kicked on? Didn't play that well the few times I saw him this year.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Chisholm got a bad injury when Dan Cole Bakkies Botha'd him at a ruck and f**ked his knee completely. He took a while when he came back to trust his pace again, and his naivety has been shown up a few times.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

On route via coach to twickers now. Good chilled vibe on the coach, alot are looking forward to today's game it seems.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

On the positive, two excellent fullback displays yesterday :)

Alex goode must be looking over his shoulder now.
bealonian

Post by bealonian »

DragsterDriver wrote:On the positive, two excellent fullback displays yesterday :)

Alex goode must be looking over his shoulder now.
Tait, while not the messiah he was made out to be when first on the scene, is showing now what he can do when partnered with a decent pack (sorry Falcons / Sharks fans). I've been one of those who bagged him for his poor option taking in an England shirt over the years but, for the 2nd half of the season, his form for Tiggers appears pretty good and I see a greater maturity and awareness in his game. Love the fact that, when he pins his ears back, he's still got a huge amount of pace to get him out of the initial tackle.

As for Foden, that game was the one we've been waiting for.

Good to see from both.