Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633, 1634 ... 2161  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23795
Location: Big Willi Style
Angry_Bull wrote:
Apparently George North either didn't want to play or was asked not to play (by Wales) for Saints today against Sale.

Quote:
"I'm just disappointed he wasn't here," Gaffney told BBC Radio Northampton.

Asked if North did not want to play a part in their 34-25 defeat, technical coaching consultant Gaffney said: "That's a very difficult question to answer for me. I haven't spoken to George personally.

"In one sense it's probably best to ask George. We picked a side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and picked the best side for the game for Northampton."


He’s basically given up on saints. Never been worth the money either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23795
Location: Big Willi Style
Nieghorn wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Dalaglio looks like a small child next to dean Richards :o



Reckon they always exaggerated Lol's height on team sheets.
Yeah


Looking at Eddie's staff, are you not concerned that the performance analyst - the man who could identify issues like breakdown efficiency - might be a mole? :D


Deano is just a bear, his head, his hands-massive!


Smith did a couple of sessions when he was at wasps, the name that really jumps out is borthwick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm
Posts: 1275
Bobby Sourbuts is a great name.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 5190
Location: God's own country
DragsterDriver wrote:
Angry_Bull wrote:
Apparently George North either didn't want to play or was asked not to play (by Wales) for Saints today against Sale.

Quote:
"I'm just disappointed he wasn't here," Gaffney told BBC Radio Northampton.

Asked if North did not want to play a part in their 34-25 defeat, technical coaching consultant Gaffney said: "That's a very difficult question to answer for me. I haven't spoken to George personally.

"In one sense it's probably best to ask George. We picked a side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and picked the best side for the game for Northampton."


He’s basically given up on saints. Never been worth the money either.

Sack the fucker


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 2387
Love Hatley's blurb;
''Played 193 games for London Irish and Bedford at prop before becoming a scrum expert''


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4016
DragsterDriver wrote:
Angry_Bull wrote:
Apparently George North either didn't want to play or was asked not to play (by Wales) for Saints today against Sale.

Quote:
"I'm just disappointed he wasn't here," Gaffney told BBC Radio Northampton.

Asked if North did not want to play a part in their 34-25 defeat, technical coaching consultant Gaffney said: "That's a very difficult question to answer for me. I haven't spoken to George personally.

"In one sense it's probably best to ask George. We picked a side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and picked the best side for the game for Northampton."


He’s basically given up on saints. Never been worth the money either.


Someone needs to give him a slap! (although that’s likely to lead to another return to play period)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10923
Keith wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Angry_Bull wrote:
Apparently George North either didn't want to play or was asked not to play (by Wales) for Saints today against Sale.

Quote:
"I'm just disappointed he wasn't here," Gaffney told BBC Radio Northampton.

Asked if North did not want to play a part in their 34-25 defeat, technical coaching consultant Gaffney said: "That's a very difficult question to answer for me. I haven't spoken to George personally.

"In one sense it's probably best to ask George. We picked a side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and picked the best side for the game for Northampton."


He’s basically given up on saints. Never been worth the money either.

Sack the fucker


Hard to have any sympathy for Sants re North - they broke the rules to sign him and make him available outside international windows, - karma is now biting them in the arse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 7899
Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 5190
Location: God's own country
piquant wrote:
Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one


Nope. Only the England squad members get a rest week (as per the EPS agreement). Any foreigners playing in the AP are free to be picked,.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4332
Chips wrote:
Twelvetrees never fails to disappoint to disappoint does he.


Is this because he missed a shot at goal after taking over from Burns, who had already missed all of his?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm
Posts: 1275
4071 wrote:
Chips wrote:
Twelvetrees never fails to disappoint to disappoint does he.


Is this because he missed a shot at goal after taking over from Burns, who had already missed all of his?



Yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26828
Red Chopper wrote:
Love Hatley's blurb;
''Played 193 games for London Irish and Bedford at prop before becoming a scrum expert''


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12648
Chips wrote:
4071 wrote:
Chips wrote:
Twelvetrees never fails to disappoint to disappoint does he.


Is this because he missed a shot at goal after taking over from Burns, who had already missed all of his?



Yes.


Interestingly he's actually superb from the tee these days. 85% in the AP this season (34/40). Second only to McGinty (90.48%) and Steenson (85.48%) among those who've taken more than 20 shots at goal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4003
Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:
Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one


Nope. Only the England squad members get a rest week (as per the EPS agreement). Any foreigners playing in the AP are free to be picked,.


But some were released back to their clubs (grrrrrrrrrr!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 5190
Location: God's own country
Petros wrote:
Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:
Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one


Nope. Only the England squad members get a rest week (as per the EPS agreement). Any foreigners playing in the AP are free to be picked,.


But some were released back to their clubs (grrrrrrrrrr!)


The ones needing some game time?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm
Posts: 1275
Margin_Walker wrote:
Chips wrote:
4071 wrote:
Chips wrote:
Twelvetrees never fails to disappoint to disappoint does he.


Is this because he missed a shot at goal after taking over from Burns, who had already missed all of his?



Yes.


Interestingly he's actually superb from the tee these days. 85% in the AP this season (34/40). Second only to McGinty (90.48%) and Steenson (85.48%) among those who've taken more than 20 shots at goal



And yet it was 100% certain he'd shit the bed when he had a must kick conversion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 7899
Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:
Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one


Nope. Only the England squad members get a rest week (as per the EPS agreement). Any foreigners playing in the AP are free to be picked,.


under the 5 day rule sure, but I bet hardly any of them who'd otherwise be in a 6N camp actually are, unless like Faletau and they're after game time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4003
Keith wrote:
Petros wrote:
Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:
Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one


Nope. Only the England squad members get a rest week (as per the EPS agreement). Any foreigners playing in the AP are free to be picked,.


But some were released back to their clubs (grrrrrrrrrr!)


The ones needing some game time?

Not Hughes, Haskell or Daly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:39 am
Posts: 3761
Bateman with another try for Tigers, 5 this season. Got to be leading the top try scorers for props


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4332
Nabberuk wrote:
Bateman with another try for Tigers, 5 this season. Got to be leading the top try scorers for props


It's his third try this season.

Though Vincent Koch is the only prop ahead of him right now, and I wouldn't bet against Bateman crossing a few more times...



P.S. Tigers are coming for you, bitches! Lulled y'all into a false sense of security by playing like Saints for a couple of months, but we're catching you now! We're like the demon in 'It Follows'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 5662
And suddenly, I can see a route to the playoffs for Leicester. Never thought I'd say that a few weeks ago.

Manu showed a bit of his old power game again. He's getting there. Can see him on the summer tour if he keeps it up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 am
Posts: 3207
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
Nabberuk wrote:
Bateman with another try for Tigers, 5 this season. Got to be leading the top try scorers for props


Things of beauty, too. None of your 34th phase rumble over stuff. :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 am
Posts: 3207
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
maverickmak wrote:
And suddenly, I can see a route to the playoffs for Leicester. Never thought I'd say that a few weeks ago.

Manu showed a bit of his old power game again. He's getting there. Can see him on the summer tour if he keeps it up.


He even seems to be getting some acceleration back - good to see. Toomua is doing really well at 10 and Harrison at 9 is keeping the pace up very nicely - good SH, I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 5662
Be interesting to see if the dynamic changes when Ford comes back into 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:39 am
Posts: 3761
4071 wrote:
Nabberuk wrote:
Bateman with another try for Tigers, 5 this season. Got to be leading the top try scorers for props


It's his third try this season.

Though Vincent Koch is the only prop ahead of him right now, and I wouldn't bet against Bateman crossing a few more times...



P.S. Tigers are coming for you, bitches! Lulled y'all into a false sense of security by playing like Saints for a couple of months, but we're catching you now! We're like the demon in 'It Follows'.

The graphic came up and said it was his 5th try this dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 5662
It is his 3rd. All from 20ish metres out though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 5190
Location: God's own country
Just reading the match reports from today's games, was Sam Simmonds on the Exeter bench?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 2503
Yoof watch:

Joe Simmonds was excellent today by the way. Still learning a lot though, and even though he's 21 still got some growing up to do. But a great eye for attacking and a solid kicker.

The Sarries scrum half that came on, Whiteley, looked very sharp. A nice crisp pass on him and an eye for a dart, definitely one to look out for in these barren times in the scrummie department, although Spencer was pretty good too.

Ben Earl also did pretty well, scored a Simmonds-esque try and came out well in contact and the breakdown.

Disappointed Cordero didn't play, haven't seen him in a full game yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23795
Location: Big Willi Style
nuffsaid wrote:
maverickmak wrote:
And suddenly, I can see a route to the playoffs for Leicester. Never thought I'd say that a few weeks ago.

Manu showed a bit of his old power game again. He's getting there. Can see him on the summer tour if he keeps it up.


He even seems to be getting some acceleration back - good to see. Toomua is doing really well at 10 and Harrison at 9 is keeping the pace up very nicely - good SH, I think.


I’ve long thought Harrison was better than Young’s, plays with a nice tempo. Ford could be a problem but I put Toomas form down to the improvement in your pack which is almost night and day under bake well so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4003
Tigers v Wasps in 3 weeks will be interesting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 17953
Hopefully we'll have some fit bodies in place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1105
Thought Sale were going to throw it away in the second half but thankfully we held on. :o
Some brilliant scores in the first half, the counterattack started by Yarde was especially good. Excellent to see Solomona back scoring tries, just a shame we couldn't have held on against Bath or we'd be in a really strong position coming into the home stretch. Unfortunately I think our remaining fixtures are a bit tricky to make it into the top six, which is really disappointing. :frown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm
Posts: 1275
An interesting use of words by Underhill commenting on the Scotland loss. Remember - he was watching the game for nearly an hour before he came on.

Sam Underhill wrote:
‘Technically there are loads of points you can talk about but the bottom line is that we didn’t react to a situation that was apparent from pretty early on.’


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1372
nuffsaid wrote:
Nabberuk wrote:
Bateman with another try for Tigers, 5 this season. Got to be leading the top try scorers for props


Things of beauty, too. None of your 34th phase rumble over stuff. :smug:


Certainly is. I mean was, certainly was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1372
45jumper wrote:
Thought Sale were going to throw it away in the second half but thankfully we held on. :o
Some brilliant scores in the first half, the counterattack started by Yarde was especially good. Excellent to see Solomona back scoring tries, just a shame we couldn't have held on against Bath or we'd be in a really strong position coming into the home stretch. Unfortunately I think our remaining fixtures are a bit tricky to make it into the top six, which is really disappointing. :frown:


That was burglary from Bath, we've been hopeless all season playing some really terrible rugby. I can't imagine Blackadder lasting past this season, though it's Booth and Edwards I'd look to shove out the door first.

Having said all that we've gone into pretty much every game this season missing about 15-20 players through injury or internationals, but still.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 125
Nieghorn wrote:
It's too bad the Saxons don't do the Churchill Cup any more (or play T2 Euro nations for that matter). I always loved seeing them run riot over us. :) ... but surely a few players got noticed for the first team after Saxon matches as well?


Apparently the Saxons will have a few games next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:01 pm
Posts: 85
Quote:
Nick Heath @nickheathsport
Steve Borthwick has revealed that Sam Underhill and Jack Nowell have picked up training injuries and won’t feature v France. Nowell likely out of Championship with rolled ankle.
Can see a recall for Haskell at this rate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14926
Jesus wept. Chuckles is gonna have a coronary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 5190
Location: God's own country
RodneyRegis wrote:
Jesus wept. Chuckles is gonna have a coronary.

I've not seen him post for a day or two. He must have started an argument with the bathroom mirror or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm
Posts: 1275
Jones's has confirmed Hartley is starting as captain already. Given the huge packs that Brunel likes to pick and the wet weather forecast, I can see another 3-lock pack starting again as well. :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633, 1634 ... 2161  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnkleTap, BillW, crash 669, dam0, Fat Old Git, Google Adsense [Bot], IKUR01, Kiwias, mr bungle, Peaches, PornDog, simon7, sonic_attack, Ted., Tehui, UncleFB, YOYO and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group