Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633, 1634 ... 2161  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 am 

Angry_Bull wrote:
Apparently George North either didn't want to play or was asked not to play (by Wales) for Saints today against Sale.

Quote:
"I'm just disappointed he wasn't here," Gaffney told BBC Radio Northampton.

Asked if North did not want to play a part in their 34-25 defeat, technical coaching consultant Gaffney said: "That's a very difficult question to answer for me. I haven't spoken to George personally.

"In one sense it's probably best to ask George. We picked a side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and picked the best side for the game for Northampton."

He’s basically given up on saints. Never been worth the money either.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Dalaglio looks like a small child next to dean Richards :o

Reckon they always exaggerated Lol's height on team sheets.
Yeah

Looking at Eddie's staff, are you not concerned that the performance analyst - the man who could identify issues like breakdown efficiency - might be a mole? :D

Deano is just a bear, his head, his hands-massive!

Smith did a couple of sessions when he was at wasps, the name that really jumps out is borthwick.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 am 

Bobby Sourbuts is a great name.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:44 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Angry_Bull wrote:
Apparently George North either didn't want to play or was asked not to play (by Wales) for Saints today against Sale.

Quote:

Asked if North did not want to play a part in their 34-25 defeat, technical coaching consultant Gaffney said: "That's a very difficult question to answer for me. I haven't spoken to George personally.

"In one sense it's probably best to ask George. We picked a side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and picked the best side for the game for Northampton."

Sack the fucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:47 am 

Love Hatley's blurb;
''Played 193 games for London Irish and Bedford at prop before becoming a scrum expert''

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:11 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Angry_Bull wrote:

Quote:

Someone needs to give him a slap! (although that’s likely to lead to another return to play period)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:46 am 

Keith wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Angry_Bull wrote:

Quote:

Sack the fucker

Hard to have any sympathy for Sants re North - they broke the rules to sign him and make him available outside international windows, - karma is now biting them in the arse.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29 am 

Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am 

piquant wrote:
Surely unless a player is coming back from an injury and needs game time it's the absolute norm for a player who will be in a 6N squad not to appear in the AP during a fallow weekend? Daft for Saints to even quibble this one

Nope. Only the England squad members get a rest week (as per the EPS agreement). Any foreigners playing in the AP are free to be picked,.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:50 am 

Chips wrote:
Twelvetrees never fails to disappoint to disappoint does he.

Is this because he missed a shot at goal after taking over from Burns, who had already missed all of his?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:08 am 

4071 wrote:
Chips wrote:

Is this because he missed a shot at goal after taking over from Burns, who had already missed all of his?

Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:51 am 

Red Chopper wrote:
Love Hatley's blurb;
''Played 193 games for London Irish and Bedford at prop before becoming a scrum expert''

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm 

Chips wrote:
4071 wrote:
Chips wrote:

Yes.

Interestingly he's actually superb from the tee these days. 85% in the AP this season (34/40). Second only to McGinty (90.48%) and Steenson (85.48%) among those who've taken more than 20 shots at goal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 pm 

Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:

Nope. Only the England squad members get a rest week (as per the EPS agreement). Any foreigners playing in the AP are free to be picked,.

But some were released back to their clubs (grrrrrrrrrr!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 pm 

Petros wrote:
Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:

The ones needing some game time?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:23 pm 

Margin_Walker wrote:
Chips wrote:
4071 wrote:
Chips wrote:

Yes.

Interestingly he's actually superb from the tee these days. 85% in the AP this season (34/40). Second only to McGinty (90.48%) and Steenson (85.48%) among those who've taken more than 20 shots at goal

And yet it was 100% certain he'd shit the bed when he had a must kick conversion.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:48 pm 

Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:

under the 5 day rule sure, but I bet hardly any of them who'd otherwise be in a 6N camp actually are, unless like Faletau and they're after game time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:22 pm 

Keith wrote:
Petros wrote:
Keith wrote:
piquant wrote:

The ones needing some game time?

Not Hughes, Haskell or Daly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:44 pm 

Bateman with another try for Tigers, 5 this season. Got to be leading the top try scorers for props

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:14 pm 

Nabberuk wrote:
Bateman with another try for Tigers, 5 this season. Got to be leading the top try scorers for props

It's his third try this season.

Though Vincent Koch is the only prop ahead of him right now, and I wouldn't bet against Bateman crossing a few more times...

P.S. Tigers are coming for you, bitches! Lulled y'all into a false sense of security by playing like Saints for a couple of months, but we're catching you now! We're like the demon in 'It Follows'.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:19 pm 

And suddenly, I can see a route to the playoffs for Leicester. Never thought I'd say that a few weeks ago.

Manu showed a bit of his old power game again. He's getting there. Can see him on the summer tour if he keeps it up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 pm 

Nabberuk wrote:

Things of beauty, too. None of your 34th phase rumble over stuff. :smug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:24 pm 

maverickmak wrote:
And suddenly, I can see a route to the playoffs for Leicester. Never thought I'd say that a few weeks ago.

Manu showed a bit of his old power game again. He's getting there. Can see him on the summer tour if he keeps it up.

He even seems to be getting some acceleration back - good to see. Toomua is doing really well at 10 and Harrison at 9 is keeping the pace up very nicely - good SH, I think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:28 pm 

Be interesting to see if the dynamic changes when Ford comes back into 10.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:05 pm 

4071 wrote:
Nabberuk wrote:

It's his third try this season.

Though Vincent Koch is the only prop ahead of him right now, and I wouldn't bet against Bateman crossing a few more times...

P.S. Tigers are coming for you, bitches! Lulled y'all into a false sense of security by playing like Saints for a couple of months, but we're catching you now! We're like the demon in 'It Follows'.

The graphic came up and said it was his 5th try this dead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:17 pm 

It is his 3rd. All from 20ish metres out though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:37 pm 

Just reading the match reports from today's games, was Sam Simmonds on the Exeter bench?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:41 pm 

Yoof watch:

Joe Simmonds was excellent today by the way. Still learning a lot though, and even though he's 21 still got some growing up to do. But a great eye for attacking and a solid kicker.

The Sarries scrum half that came on, Whiteley, looked very sharp. A nice crisp pass on him and an eye for a dart, definitely one to look out for in these barren times in the scrummie department, although Spencer was pretty good too.

Ben Earl also did pretty well, scored a Simmonds-esque try and came out well in contact and the breakdown.

Disappointed Cordero didn't play, haven't seen him in a full game yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm 

nuffsaid wrote:
maverickmak wrote:

He even seems to be getting some acceleration back - good to see. Toomua is doing really well at 10 and Harrison at 9 is keeping the pace up very nicely - good SH, I think.

I’ve long thought Harrison was better than Young’s, plays with a nice tempo. Ford could be a problem but I put Toomas form down to the improvement in your pack which is almost night and day under bake well so far.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm 

Tigers v Wasps in 3 weeks will be interesting

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:32 pm 

Hopefully we'll have some fit bodies in place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:19 am 

Thought Sale were going to throw it away in the second half but thankfully we held on. :o
Some brilliant scores in the first half, the counterattack started by Yarde was especially good. Excellent to see Solomona back scoring tries, just a shame we couldn't have held on against Bath or we'd be in a really strong position coming into the home stretch. Unfortunately I think our remaining fixtures are a bit tricky to make it into the top six, which is really disappointing. :frown:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm 

An interesting use of words by Underhill commenting on the Scotland loss. Remember - he was watching the game for nearly an hour before he came on.

Sam Underhill wrote:
‘Technically there are loads of points you can talk about but the bottom line is that we didn’t react to a situation that was apparent from pretty early on.’

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 pm 

nuffsaid wrote:
Nabberuk wrote:

Things of beauty, too. None of your 34th phase rumble over stuff. :smug:

Certainly is. I mean was, certainly was.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:34 pm 

45jumper wrote:
Thought Sale were going to throw it away in the second half but thankfully we held on. :o
Some brilliant scores in the first half, the counterattack started by Yarde was especially good. Excellent to see Solomona back scoring tries, just a shame we couldn't have held on against Bath or we'd be in a really strong position coming into the home stretch. Unfortunately I think our remaining fixtures are a bit tricky to make it into the top six, which is really disappointing. :frown:

That was burglary from Bath, we've been hopeless all season playing some really terrible rugby. I can't imagine Blackadder lasting past this season, though it's Booth and Edwards I'd look to shove out the door first.

Having said all that we've gone into pretty much every game this season missing about 15-20 players through injury or internationals, but still.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:04 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
It's too bad the Saxons don't do the Churchill Cup any more (or play T2 Euro nations for that matter). I always loved seeing them run riot over us. :) ... but surely a few players got noticed for the first team after Saxon matches as well?

Apparently the Saxons will have a few games next season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:16 pm 

Quote:
Nick Heath @nickheathsport
Steve Borthwick has revealed that Sam Underhill and Jack Nowell have picked up training injuries and won’t feature v France. Nowell likely out of Championship with rolled ankle.
Can see a recall for Haskell at this rate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:31 pm 

Jesus wept. Chuckles is gonna have a coronary.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:32 pm 

RodneyRegis wrote:
Jesus wept. Chuckles is gonna have a coronary.

I've not seen him post for a day or two. He must have started an argument with the bathroom mirror or something.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 pm 

Jones's has confirmed Hartley is starting as captain already. Given the huge packs that Brunel likes to pick and the wet weather forecast, I can see another 3-lock pack starting again as well. :uhoh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633, 1634 ... 2161  Next