**OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:02 pm

The Bristol game is the only one with anything riding on it. I can't see Sarries or Exeter fielding strong sides after their tough games in the Champions Cup.

I would think that Exeter will be managing their resources very carefully over the last two (regular season) games - they'll almost certainly have 3 weekends of intense fixtures coming up after that.
Exeter B team tonight. Then firsts against Wasps and B team in premiership semi final and first team against Racing
I can't see them sending out a B team in the semi. I think we'll see a mixed team v Wasps, a much stronger mix for the Semi, the full monty for Racing.
Compromising a European final for a premiership final where they will be emotionally and physically drained. Maybe
It's a tricky one for them - but the Wasps game has nothing riding on it for them - and they'll be back to one game per week thereafter. Hard to know how they'll play it - they could give up on the Premiership play offs (with a B team in the semi) and then still lose the Champions Cup - so I think they'll want to field a strong side in the semi.
I get you but I think having played a B team tonight they won't want their first team to have to long a rest before they play on the 17th. So they play against Wasps and sub the forwards early. Then a week off b team in semi
ovalball
Posts: 11373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by ovalball »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Exeter B team tonight. Then firsts against Wasps and B team in premiership semi final and first team against Racing
I can't see them sending out a B team in the semi. I think we'll see a mixed team v Wasps, a much stronger mix for the Semi, the full monty for Racing.
Compromising a European final for a premiership final where they will be emotionally and physically drained. Maybe
It's a tricky one for them - but the Wasps game has nothing riding on it for them - and they'll be back to one game per week thereafter. Hard to know how they'll play it - they could give up on the Premiership play offs (with a B team in the semi) and then still lose the Champions Cup - so I think they'll want to field a strong side in the semi.
I get you but I think having played a B team tonight they won't want their first team to have to long a rest before they play on the 17th. So they play against Wasps and sub the forwards early. Then a week off b team in semi
I see your logic - I just can't see them risking a B team in the semi final.
User avatar
DragsterDriver
Posts: 24529
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Big Willi Style

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by DragsterDriver »

DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
inactionman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:39 pm Will Witty. That's outstanding.

Is Devoto now permanently a dirt-tracker? He looks very, very good at Bath, but sadly Ford spent the kitty on Kyle Eastmond.
He’s looked really good when he’s played.

I’ve opted for Briz v Tigers this evening.
Crap game, Tigers beyond crap. Bristol bang in 40pts without breaking a sweat.
Punter15
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Punter15 »

ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm

I can't see them sending out a B team in the semi. I think we'll see a mixed team v Wasps, a much stronger mix for the Semi, the full monty for Racing.
Compromising a European final for a premiership final where they will be emotionally and physically drained. Maybe
It's a tricky one for them - but the Wasps game has nothing riding on it for them - and they'll be back to one game per week thereafter. Hard to know how they'll play it - they could give up on the Premiership play offs (with a B team in the semi) and then still lose the Champions Cup - so I think they'll want to field a strong side in the semi.
I get you but I think having played a B team tonight they won't want their first team to have to long a rest before they play on the 17th. So they play against Wasps and sub the forwards early. Then a week off b team in semi
I see your logic - I just can't see them risking a B team in the semi final.
They can’t be caught so hopefully will write of the Wasps game while Sarries go full tonto at home against Bath
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by SaintK »

DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
inactionman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:39 pm Will Witty. That's outstanding.

Is Devoto now permanently a dirt-tracker? He looks very, very good at Bath, but sadly Ford spent the kitty on Kyle Eastmond.
He’s looked really good when he’s played.

I’ve opted for Briz v Tigers this evening.
Crap game, Tigers beyond crap. Bristol bang in 40pts without breaking a sweat.
Yep, dire in parts
Lost count of the number of dropped balls. Hughes alone dropped four in a 10 minute spell in the second half
Hells Bells
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Hells Bells »

Lawes is out for 3 months so misses the autumn games, probably a good thing as it gives Eddie the chance to bring in Willis.

Wonder who will get the 4th lock spot, assume Hill must be favourite as I can’t remember Moon doing anything recently.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Hells Bells wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:18 am Lawes is out for 3 months so misses the autumn games, probably a good thing as it gives Eddie the chance to bring in Willis.

Wonder who will get the 4th lock spot, assume Hill must be favourite as I can’t remember Moon doing anything recently.
Why would he bring in Willis for Lawes
Hells Bells
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Hells Bells »

Lawes was the starting blindside the whole of the 6 nations so Willis would be replacing him as a flanker.
User avatar
Joost
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Joost »

I like the optimism, but I wouldn’t bet against Eddie picking a certain different Wasps back rower who he’s bunged in the second row previously...
ovalball
Posts: 11373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by ovalball »

Joost wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:11 am I like the optimism, but I wouldn’t bet against Eddie picking a certain different Wasps back rower who he’s bunged in the second row previously...
I think Eddie has gone off that idea.
User avatar
DragsterDriver
Posts: 24529
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Big Willi Style

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by DragsterDriver »

Sadly Manu proves Tigers correct in not offering up the big bucks, and proves Dimes wrong.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

SaintK wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:35 am
DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
inactionman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:39 pm Will Witty. That's outstanding.

Is Devoto now permanently a dirt-tracker? He looks very, very good at Bath, but sadly Ford spent the kitty on Kyle Eastmond.
He’s looked really good when he’s played.

I’ve opted for Briz v Tigers this evening.
Crap game, Tigers beyond crap. Bristol bang in 40pts without breaking a sweat.
Yep, dire in parts
Lost count of the number of dropped balls. Hughes alone dropped four in a 10 minute spell in the second half
The last one Hughes knocked on three times trying to pickup one ball.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 pm Sadly Manu proves Tigers correct in not offering up the big bucks, and proves Dimes wrong.
He was on big bucks and everyone got asked to take a pay cut. He refused and left. Not quite how you put it.
ovalball
Posts: 11373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by ovalball »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:52 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 pm Sadly Manu proves Tigers correct in not offering up the big bucks, and proves Dimes wrong.
He was on big bucks and everyone got asked to take a pay cut. He refused and left. Not quite how you put it.
Have you been taking 'splitting hairs' lessons from the Bimbot :P
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ovalball wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:52 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 pm Sadly Manu proves Tigers correct in not offering up the big bucks, and proves Dimes wrong.
He was on big bucks and everyone got asked to take a pay cut. He refused and left. Not quite how you put it.
Have you been taking 'splitting hairs' lessons from the Bimbot :P
Oh come on that is not splitting hairs. It's not like He was after va new contract and Tigers took the view he wasn't worth it for whatever reason. They had across-the-board paycuts and he refused.

Imagine the squad unrest if Tigers had relented and not cut his money..

Bimbot :x
ovalball
Posts: 11373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by ovalball »

ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
ovalball wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm

I can't see them sending out a B team in the semi. I think we'll see a mixed team v Wasps, a much stronger mix for the Semi, the full monty for Racing.
Compromising a European final for a premiership final where they will be emotionally and physically drained. Maybe
It's a tricky one for them - but the Wasps game has nothing riding on it for them - and they'll be back to one game per week thereafter. Hard to know how they'll play it - they could give up on the Premiership play offs (with a B team in the semi) and then still lose the Champions Cup - so I think they'll want to field a strong side in the semi.
I get you but I think having played a B team tonight they won't want their first team to have to long a rest before they play on the 17th. So they play against Wasps and sub the forwards early. Then a week off b team in semi
I see your logic - I just can't see them risking a B team in the semi final.
Definitely not Exeter's 1st team. No Jack Willis for Wasps, which is a bit of a blow, but pretty much full strength other than that. Wasps in with a good shout I'd think.

Wasps: Minozzi; Kibirige, Fekitoa, Gopperth, Josh Bassett; Umaga, Robson (capt); McIntyre, Taylor, Brookes, Rowlands, Gaskell, Shields, Young, Willis

Replacements: Oghr , West, Toomaga-Allen, Cardall, Barbeary, Vellacott, Le Bourgeois, Miller

Exeter: Dollman; Wyatt, Baldwin, Hendrickson, Cuthbert; Skinner, Maunder; Kenny, Innard, Street, Witty, Dennis, Capstick, Armand (capt), Wright

Replacements: Taione, Southworth, Petch, Price, Pearson, Townsend, Walsh, Short
ovalball
Posts: 11373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by ovalball »

Looks like Sarries intend to bow out with a win - full strength team to take on Bath. Should be a good game with Bath also naming a very strong side.

Saracens: Daly; Lewington, Morris, Socino, Maitland; Manu Vuipola, Wigglesworth; Barrington, George (capt), Kock, Itoje, Swinson, Hunter-Hill, Wray, Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: Woolstencroft, Crean, Clarey, Kpokut, Venter, Davies, Sloan, Segun.

Bath: Watson; Rokoduguni, Joseph, Matavesi, McConnochie; Priestland, Spencer; Obano, Dunn, Stuart, McNally, Ewels (capt), Williams, Underhill, Faletau.
Punter15
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Punter15 »

Utter horseshit that Sale get to see exactly what they need to do.
User avatar
DragsterDriver
Posts: 24529
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Big Willi Style

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by DragsterDriver »

Billy playing like a donkey again
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Good luck to Exeter but I don't believe they have the squad to do well in three huge games in three weeks
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 11156
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by message #2527204 »

Punter15 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 pm Utter horseshit that Sale get to see exactly what they need to do.
Utter horseshit that LI, Sarries and Exeter get to play their C teams. Sale wanted to play today - it was Wuss that didn't.
User avatar
RodneyRegis
Posts: 15217
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by RodneyRegis »

Image

Youngs, Heinz, Francis...

Nice to see Kerrod in there, he's played well. Obviously he's no chance of making the proper squad but good experience.

Not sure what Earle is doing there.

Probably going to look at Marchant on the wing :(
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am Image

Youngs, Heinz, Francis...

Nice to see Kerrod in there, he's played well. Obviously he's no chance of making the proper squad but good experience.

Not sure what Earle is doing there.

Probably going to look at Marchant on the wing :(
Earle has come back from another injury hasn't he. He is big strong, fast and makes his tackles. Good to remind him he is on the radar
User avatar
RodneyRegis
Posts: 15217
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by RodneyRegis »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:41 am
RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am Image

Youngs, Heinz, Francis...

Nice to see Kerrod in there, he's played well. Obviously he's no chance of making the proper squad but good experience.

Not sure what Earle is doing there.

Probably going to look at Marchant on the wing :(
Earle has come back from another injury hasn't he. He is big strong, fast and makes his tackles. Good to remind him he is on the radar
He has, but he's been genuinely gash. Not the time to pick him.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:59 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:41 am
RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am Image

Youngs, Heinz, Francis...

Nice to see Kerrod in there, he's played well. Obviously he's no chance of making the proper squad but good experience.

Not sure what Earle is doing there.

Probably going to look at Marchant on the wing :(
Earle has come back from another injury hasn't he. He is big strong, fast and makes his tackles. Good to remind him he is on the radar
He has, but he's been genuinely gash. Not the time to pick him.
This is just a training squad with the players from the top 5 clubs missing. It's not the England squad.
User avatar
RodneyRegis
Posts: 15217
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by RodneyRegis »

Thanks captain obvious.
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:40 pm
Punter15 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 pm Utter horseshit that Sale get to see exactly what they need to do.
Utter horseshit that LI, Sarries and Exeter get to play their C teams. Sale wanted to play today - it was Wuss that didn't.
Hardly f ucking surprising when your opponents have 19 players and staff test positive 4 days before the match
It was PRL that pulled the match
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:22 am Thanks captain obvious.
I had to state the obvious because you were saying current form should dictate who they select on a training squad clearly based on the long term.i had to assume you'd missed the obvious.
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by SaintK »

message #2527204 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:40 pm
Punter15 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 pm Utter horseshit that Sale get to see exactly what they need to do.
Utter horseshit that LI, Sarries and Exeter get to play their C teams. Sale wanted to play today - it was Wuss that didn't.
.
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by SaintK »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:04 am
RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:59 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:41 am
RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am Image

Youngs, Heinz, Francis...

Nice to see Kerrod in there, he's played well. Obviously he's no chance of making the proper squad but good experience.

Not sure what Earle is doing there.

Probably going to look at Marchant on the wing :(
Earle has come back from another injury hasn't he. He is big strong, fast and makes his tackles. Good to remind him he is on the radar
He has, but he's been genuinely gash. Not the time to pick him.
This is just a training squad with the players from the top 5 clubs missing. It's not the England squad.
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:04 am
RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:59 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:41 am
RodneyRegis wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am Image

Youngs, Heinz, Francis...

Nice to see Kerrod in there, he's played well. Obviously he's no chance of making the proper squad but good experience.

Not sure what Earle is doing there.

Probably going to look at Marchant on the wing :(
Earle has come back from another injury hasn't he. He is big strong, fast and makes his tackles. Good to remind him he is on the radar
He has, but he's been genuinely gash. Not the time to pick him.
This is just a training squad with the players from the top 5 clubs missing. It's not the England squad.
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
If you are going to play for England this year and your team is not in the playoffs you will be in this squad.
Hells Bells
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Hells Bells »

SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
Ludlam is self isolating after playing Sale so wasn’t considered and Wilson’s last game was March 7th against Wales in the 6N.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 11156
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by message #2527204 »

SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 am
message #2527204 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:40 pm
Punter15 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 pm Utter horseshit that Sale get to see exactly what they need to do.
Utter horseshit that LI, Sarries and Exeter get to play their C teams. Sale wanted to play today - it was Wuss that didn't.
Hardly f ucking surprising when your opponents have 19 players and staff test positive 4 days before the match
It was PRL that pulled the match
Perfectly valid reasoning. But Sale were ready to play the game yesterday, so it isnt their fault they get to see the results.
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by SaintK »

Hells Bells wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
Ludlam is self isolating after playing Sale so wasn’t considered and Wilson’s last game was March 7th against Wales in the 6N.
Thanks, didn't know that about Ludlam
So Wilson hasn't played for Sale for the past 7 months and is in the training squad but Ted Hill isn't :roll:
User avatar
Joost
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Joost »

SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:38 pm
Hells Bells wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
Ludlam is self isolating after playing Sale so wasn’t considered and Wilson’s last game was March 7th against Wales in the 6N.
Thanks, didn't know that about Ludlam
So Wilson hasn't played for Sale for the past 7 months and is in the training squad but Ted Hill isn't :roll:
Ted Hill is likely to be playing for Wuss on Weds, so isn’t available
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by SaintK »

Joost wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:38 pm
Hells Bells wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
Ludlam is self isolating after playing Sale so wasn’t considered and Wilson’s last game was March 7th against Wales in the 6N.
Thanks, didn't know that about Ludlam
So Wilson hasn't played for Sale for the past 7 months and is in the training squad but Ted Hill isn't :roll:
Ted Hill is likely to be playing for Wuss on Weds, so isn’t available
Ah yes, thanks!
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38398
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Anonymous 1 »

SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:38 pm
Hells Bells wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
Ludlam is self isolating after playing Sale so wasn’t considered and Wilson’s last game was March 7th against Wales in the 6N.
Thanks, didn't know that about Ludlam
So Wilson hasn't played for Sale for the past 7 months and is in the training squad but Ted Hill isn't :roll:
They must be looking at Wilson to see where he is at with the possibility of him playing for England this year. What's wrong with that.
User avatar
Joost
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by Joost »

SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:26 pm
Joost wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:38 pm
Hells Bells wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
Ludlam is self isolating after playing Sale so wasn’t considered and Wilson’s last game was March 7th against Wales in the 6N.
Thanks, didn't know that about Ludlam
So Wilson hasn't played for Sale for the past 7 months and is in the training squad but Ted Hill isn't :roll:
Ted Hill is likely to be playing for Wuss on Weds, so isn’t available
Ah yes, thanks!
Tbf I just had it pointed out to me on the other bored :lol:
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5950
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by SaintK »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:40 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:38 pm
Hells Bells wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm
SaintK wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
Ludlam has slipped way down the backrow rankings then?
Has Wilson played any rugby since the restart?
Who the hell is Jack Clement?
Ludlam is self isolating after playing Sale so wasn’t considered and Wilson’s last game was March 7th against Wales in the 6N.
Thanks, didn't know that about Ludlam
So Wilson hasn't played for Sale for the past 7 months and is in the training squad but Ted Hill isn't :roll:
They must be looking at Wilson to see where he is at with the possibility of him playing for England this year. What's wrong with that.
Nothing at all. I've rated Wilson when he's played for England. Just thought he was still broken.
User avatar
inactionman
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by inactionman »

Interesting piece on Joe Marler's depression in the grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... ng-with-me

Dreadful illness, frankly, so glad he's got some good help and a supportive family.
Post Reply