**OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
message #2527204

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by message #2527204 »

Following an internal investigation, Sale Sharks refute all recent allegations made in the national press and by other leading figures from Premiership Rugby clubs, regarding Sale Sharks’ players being in central Manchester or on university campuses following the Premiership Rugby Cup final on Monday 21stSeptember.
Sad that rugby is so professional.
Joost

Post by Joost »

The modern world being what it is, you’d think that camera phone pics would’ve appeared on social media or been sold to newspapers by now if the players had been out and about.

When do we find out if the game is going ahead?
message #2527204

All players are being tested tomorrow, the game will depend on the results. I don't think sale have any more players left if they aren't all negative, unless they play some u15s.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Well no one answered the question so I'm going to have to Google Jack Clement.

I'd be interested to know the last time an England player was selected who I'd never even heard of. :shock:
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

fatcat wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:31 pm Well no one answered the question so I'm going to have to Google Jack Clement.

I'd be interested to know the last time an England player was selected who I'd never even heard of. :shock:

George Furbank?
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Fruit and Nutt wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:36 pm
fatcat wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:31 pm Well no one answered the question so I'm going to have to Google Jack Clement.

George Furbank?

Nah, Furbank had quite a few LTVGs before being selected. Piers Francis for me.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Sale: L James; Solomona, S James, Hill, Yarde; R du Preez, Cliff; Harrison, Neild, Morozov, Postlethwaite, J-L du Preez, Ross (capt), Curry, D du Preez.

Replacements: Ashman, Ford, Jones, Murphy, Dugdale, Bedlow, Curtis, Doherty.

Worcester: Pennell; Nanai, Lawrence, van Breda, Heward; Searle, Hougaard; Waller, Cutting Palframan, Bresler, Kitchener, Hill (capt), Lewis, Mama.

Replacements: Annett, Black, Morris, Batley, Williams, Dodd, Simpson, Shillcock.

Post by 4071 »

I had to google him too.

Turns out he used to be a singer songwriter before becoming a record producer at Sun Records. He died in 2013.

A genuinely left field pick from Eddie, but no stranger than selecting Willi Heinz.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Maybe Olly Barkley but to be honest you'd have to ask fatcat
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

I'm probably being thick, but how are Sale able to name a squad containing players who've played and trained with other players who've tested positive, but Saints couldn't play because some of their players had played against a Sale squad containing the same players who've tested positive?

Or did Saints forfeit purely because of the front row issue?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Dobbin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 pm I'm probably being thick, but how are Sale able to name a squad containing players who've played and trained with other players who've tested positive, but Saints couldn't play because some of their players had played against a Sale squad containing the same players who've tested positive?

Or did Saints forfeit purely because of the front row issue?
They couldn't field a team because they only had 1 front rower who wasn't injured or self isolating because he had come into contact with the Sale players. So you are quite right it's bullshit
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Sale forfeit.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:17 am Sale forfeit.
Not before time!!
Interesting take on PRL leadership, well the lack of from Kitson
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog ... le-covid
Petros

Post by Petros »

8 more positives at Sale, 6 of them players
Joost

Post by Joost »

Petros wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:47 am 8 more positives at Sale, 6 of them players
...but they definitely weren’t out on the p!ss last week (and Steve Diamond will fight anyone who says otherwise!).
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Swing Low not banned at all.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Premiership semi finals tomorrow
Exeter +13
Wasps +9
Exeter v Wasps final
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

SaintK wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:53 pm Premiership semi finals tomorrow
Exeter +13
Wasps +9
Exeter v Wasps final
Exeter -11
Wasps-2
William Hill handicaps.
message #2527204

SaintK wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:45 am
Not before time!!
They had a team on Sunday.

I's sad for the whole squad that fought over the season to put themselves into this position and the season is finished by a virus rather than a better team.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:57 pm
SaintK wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:45 am
Not before time!!
They had a team on Sunday.

I's sad for the whole squad that fought over the season to put themselves into this position and the season is finished by a virus rather than a better team.
They had a team on Sunday :lol: :lol:
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Wasps well worth their 23 5 lead at half time
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

WASPS WASPS WASPS
Punter15

Post by Punter15 »

Willis and Robson have to be selected for England, and Austin Healy needs to stop being a whining little bitch about everything Wasps do.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

SaintK wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:19 pm Wasps well worth their 23 5 lead at half time
All over
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Brilliant from Wasps
Punter15

Post by Punter15 »

We’ve hit some fine form. Shows that a team of a few superstars mixed in with bin juice doesn’t cut it.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

It's not all about buying as good a team as your money can buy
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Really glad Malins is playing full-back and not fly-half today. Get him playing 10 regularly and we will see the genius of the man
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Excellent win for Wasps
Hope Bristol regroup well for theeir Euro final next week
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

Absolutely suicidal tactics from Briz in the first semi.
Petros

Post by Petros »

Almost a Twatronaud moment from Bristol on the restart.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

McConnochie and Cokanasiga should be a handful today
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Great 30 minutes this.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Yellow card to Jonny Hill - close but not conclusive enough to say it’s a red situation.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Both Semis a bit too one sided - but some excellent rugby played. Exeter were like a well oiled machine today - Wasps will have to play out of their skin in the final.

Disappointing level of Rugby chat over the two sites - marginally more on NPR - but I thought there might be more for two key games.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Wendigo7 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:14 pm Yellow card to Jonny Hill - close but not conclusive enough to say it’s a red situation.
There was a shot that showed he made contact with me the head first.it was glancing though
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Any idea where to watch the Bled?

SkyGo hasn't got it on catch up.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:15 pm Any idea where to watch the Bled?

SkyGo hasn't got it on catch up.
Relax rugby lovers, it’s on sky catch up now.
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

Haven't seen anything on this yet but it seems a pretty poor show by PR.
Would have been a great opportunity to showcase the game at a time sport is very restricted.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/rugby-u ... d=msedgntp

BBC unhappy as Premiership Rugby drops 'offer' to show Twickenham final
Exclusive by Robert Kitson 45 mins ago

Premiership Rugby is at the centre of another row, this time over television coverage of the Twickenham final between Exeter and Wasps on Saturday week. Until last week the BBC, having initially been approached by PRL’s chief executive, Darren Childs, had been preparing to show the game live to a broader terrestrial audience on BBC Two only to discover the “offer” had been withdrawn.

The situation has prompted irritation within BBC circles, with an entire outside broadcast unit and two prominent former England internationals having to be stood down at short notice. While BT Sport holds the primary broadcasting rights to the tournament, it would have significantly enhanced club rugby’s profile had the game been made widely available in a prime 6pm early-evening slot.

As it is, with no paying supporters allowed into Twickenham, the final will be much less visible with live coverage restricted to BT Sport subscribers plus an edited highlights package on Channel 5 the next day. The viewing figures for the semi-finals last Saturday peaked at 205,000, while an autumn international kicking off at 6pm on BBC Two would be expected to draw an audience closer to two million.

It comes at a delicate time for all parties, with BT Sport’s current £40m-a-year deal due to expire at the end of the 2020-21 season. Amid speculation that rugby’s authorities are considering transferring the broadcasting rights to a dedicated rugby channel from 2021 onwards, it also raises further questions about Premiership Rugby’s current stewardship of the domestic game.

Several of its own clubs were unimpressed last week by the handling of the Covid-19 saga surrounding Sale before the final weekend of the regular season which left the semi-finals still unconfirmed barely three days before the first game was due to kick off.

It is understood some members of the BBC’s planned outside broadcast team were made aware of the situation only when Premiership Rugby issued details of its coverage plans to the media via email last Friday. A Premiership Rugby spokesman insisted talks over potential live terrestrial coverage had merely been “exploratory” and “routine” but failed to offer an explanation as to why the BBC had been forced to cancel its plans at such late notice.

“BT Sport are an open and flexible partner but it didn’t get to the point of us giving BT Sport a formal proposal,” the spokesman said. BT Sport was unavailable for comment.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Magpie26 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:12 pm Haven't seen anything on this yet but it seems a pretty poor show by PR.
Would have been a great opportunity to showcase the game at a time sport is very restricted.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/rugby-u ... d=msedgntp

BBC unhappy as Premiership Rugby drops 'offer' to show Twickenham final
Exclusive by Robert Kitson 45 mins ago

Premiership Rugby is at the centre of another row, this time over television coverage of the Twickenham final between Exeter and Wasps on Saturday week. Until last week the BBC, having initially been approached by PRL’s chief executive, Darren Childs, had been preparing to show the game live to a broader terrestrial audience on BBC Two only to discover the “offer” had been withdrawn.

The situation has prompted irritation within BBC circles, with an entire outside broadcast unit and two prominent former England internationals having to be stood down at short notice. While BT Sport holds the primary broadcasting rights to the tournament, it would have significantly enhanced club rugby’s profile had the game been made widely available in a prime 6pm early-evening slot.

As it is, with no paying supporters allowed into Twickenham, the final will be much less visible with live coverage restricted to BT Sport subscribers plus an edited highlights package on Channel 5 the next day. The viewing figures for the semi-finals last Saturday peaked at 205,000, while an autumn international kicking off at 6pm on BBC Two would be expected to draw an audience closer to two million.

It comes at a delicate time for all parties, with BT Sport’s current £40m-a-year deal due to expire at the end of the 2020-21 season. Amid speculation that rugby’s authorities are considering transferring the broadcasting rights to a dedicated rugby channel from 2021 onwards, it also raises further questions about Premiership Rugby’s current stewardship of the domestic game.

Several of its own clubs were unimpressed last week by the handling of the Covid-19 saga surrounding Sale before the final weekend of the regular season which left the semi-finals still unconfirmed barely three days before the first game was due to kick off.

It is understood some members of the BBC’s planned outside broadcast team were made aware of the situation only when Premiership Rugby issued details of its coverage plans to the media via email last Friday. A Premiership Rugby spokesman insisted talks over potential live terrestrial coverage had merely been “exploratory” and “routine” but failed to offer an explanation as to why the BBC had been forced to cancel its plans at such late notice.

“BT Sport are an open and flexible partner but it didn’t get to the point of us giving BT Sport a formal proposal,” the spokesman said. BT Sport was unavailable for comment.
The twats at PRL are really not very good at PR!!!