**OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
DragsterDriver

Re: **OFFICIAL** English Rugby Thread

Post by DragsterDriver »

:D
openclashXX wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:31 pm Didn't catch the game but the Brizz hooker Kloska is getting a lot of love on Twitter on his debut performance - how was he
Not better than the falcons hooker but briz are the new hype club.
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

Not Jono Ross's finest couple of minutes.

Good to see the ref penalise head-patting
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Dobbin wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:03 pm Not Jono Ross's finest couple of minutes.

Good to see the ref penalise head-patting
Brilliant maul sack followed by the cheap shot and the head pat. Almost the prototype saffa.

Brilliant try from glaws, the delayed pass from Evans was sexual.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Scandal that du Preez didn’t get a red card for that cheap shot.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm Scandal that du Preez didn’t get a red card for that cheap shot.
Dirty wasn't it
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:12 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm Scandal that du Preez didn’t get a red card for that cheap shot.
Dirty wasn't it
Filth- No idea what the TMO was watching.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Sale water carrier played a blinder there. Picks up the ball to make it dead, 12T pushes him, gets a yellow, penalty to Sale! Seems unfair on Glos, but they should have been out of sight anyway.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

DragsterDriver wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:13 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:12 pm
Dirty wasn't it
Filth- No idea what the TMO was watching.
Disgraceful bit of officiating. And then the blatant cheating from their Water Carrier.

Most undeserved victory for Sale.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Think yarde nutted a glaws sub as well. Water carrier is a prick.
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

Hmm, Glaws will feel slightly aggrieved at some of the decisions in the latter stages, starting with what looked like a shoulder to the neck of a player on the ground and ending with the pen against 12trees

They should have kicked for goal when they had the chance though.

Sale were dogged, which was ultimately enough.
inactionman

Post by inactionman »

Not quite sure how I feel about the ending - being a Bath fan I'll struggle to raise sympathy for Glaws but they're hard done by there. There's no real sanction to getting the water carrier sent off, and not sure what else 12T is supposed to do if someone off the pitch tries interfere. Watch the water carrier leg it with the ball?
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

I thought Curry should have gone too. 36 was already apologising to the water carrier, nd if Curry hadn't have come over it would have calmed.
Think it was LRZ then glos subs who were pushng with Yarde.

Excellent win for Sale Saffas after a disappointing few weeks,
message #2527204

inactionman wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:27 pm Not quite sure how I feel about the ending - being a Bath fan I'll struggle to raise sympathy for Glaws but they're hard done by there. There's no real sanction to getting the water carrier sent off, and not sure what else 12T is supposed to do if someone off the pitch tries interfere. Watch the water carrier leg it with the ball?
He shouldn't do anything. There's nothing in the law to say that a spectator shouldn't touch the ball and as you say, he was off the pitch. Not sure why he was sent away, really.

Also, there was absolutely no way that twelvetrees was going to take a quick throw 3m from the mark.
Monk Zombie

Post by Monk Zombie »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:39 pm
inactionman wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:27 pm Not quite sure how I feel about the ending - being a Bath fan I'll struggle to raise sympathy for Glaws but they're hard done by there. There's no real sanction to getting the water carrier sent off, and not sure what else 12T is supposed to do if someone off the pitch tries interfere. Watch the water carrier leg it with the ball?
He shouldn't do anything. There's nothing in the law to say that a spectator shouldn't touch the ball and as you say, he was off the pitch. Not sure why he was sent away, really.

Also, there was absolutely no way that twelvetrees was going to take a quick throw 3m from the mark.

water carrier is hardly a spectator
inactionman

Post by inactionman »

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:39 pm

I'd say specifically removing the option of a quick throw - whether Glaws wanted it or not- is interfering with the game and should be subject to sanction.

It's a funny one, as by the current laws a ball that's gone dead hasn't actually gone completely dead.
Petros

Post by Petros »

I remember the Scotland team manager interfering to stop a quick throw in Paris a few years back
message #2527204

Petros wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:40 pm
I remember the Scotland team manager interfering to stop a quick throw in Paris a few years back
Nathan 'Elbows' Grey catching the ball and keeping it from Brown in a Aus v England test match
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Good start from Bath - lovely try from Ben Spencer. 14/0
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Genge is like a stream of bats piss
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Lovely try. Steward has been excellent.

Tigers playing well in spite of a couple of ropey decisions at the end of the first half.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Pitch is a disgrace.
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 pm Genge is like a stream of bats piss
Could you elaborate for those of us who are not familiar with the key characteristics of bat piss?
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Ford's kicking the difference.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

That spiral bomb was very effective from Ford
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

Good game. That's the most connected I've seen Leicester in a long while.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Dobbin wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:02 pm Good game. That's the most connected I've seen Leicester in a long while.
Yep - definitely worth their win. A bit sharper all round than Bath.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

A5D5E5 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:58 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 pm Genge is like a stream of bats piss
Could you elaborate for those of us who are not familiar with the key characteristics of bat piss?
The game did improve, but initially he shone out like a shaft of gold when all around was dark.
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

ChipSpike wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:01 pm That spiral bomb was very effective from Ford

Do they spiral? I think they are meant to not have any spin on them at all - like the knuckleball in baseball.
Monk Zombie

Post by Monk Zombie »

RodneyRegis wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:59 pm Ford's kicking the difference.
i thought it was won upfront
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Monk Zombie wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:53 pm
RodneyRegis wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:59 pm Ford's kicking the difference.
i thought it was won upfront
Yes those drives off the ruck were superb, but Bath got some joy there too. Just thought ford's kicks caused them so many problems. Made them ground again and again.
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie look at Steward this year. Fullback still a bit of a question mark for England.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

maverickmak wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 pm Wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie look at Steward this year. Fullback still a bit of a question mark for England.
Thought he fell off in the second half but had a big role in clawing back the early lead. Very promising.
Slater582

Post by Slater582 »

RodneyRegis wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:19 pm
maverickmak wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 pm Wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie look at Steward this year. Fullback still a bit of a question mark for England.
Thought he fell off in the second half but had a big role in clawing back the early lead. Very promising.
Martin & van Poortvliet looked decent also, Tigers have some good young players.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

The video:

https://twitter.com/jamesfl68585245/sta ... e-rugby%2F

Whatever the opinion, this comment on it made me laugh:

George Garrett House of Rugby
8tlrhSpounsoired ·

Confirmed: Sale Water boy offered 2 year deal by Leicester Tigers.

Borthwick said: “His Jakeling is immense, something we’re struggling with at present. Any man that can walk away from a 25 man hand bag session still holding the ball is definitely going straight in to my back row”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

Tigers v Saints match in doubt on Saturday. I really can't see how PRL are going to manage the fall out from this if more and more matches are going to cancelled due to Covid
Uncertainty hovers over the Northampton Gallagher Premiership clash with Leicester on Saturday after Saints returned a “limited number” of positive tests for coronavirus.
The latest round of testing undertaken on Monday uncovered the cases and the club are now going through contact tracing protocols as they look to avoid a second-successive match cancellation after an outbreak at London Irish resulted in last weekend’s trip to Brentford being called off.
A5D5E5

Post by A5D5E5 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm
A5D5E5 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:58 pm
The game did improve, but initially he shone out like a shaft of gold when all around was dark.
Poetry.
SaintK

Post by SaintK »

SaintK wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:37 pm Tigers v Saints match in doubt on Saturday. I really can't see how PRL are going to manage the fall out from this if more and more matches are going to cancelled due to Covid
Uncertainty hovers over the Northampton Gallagher Premiership clash with Leicester on Saturday after Saints returned a “limited number” of positive tests for coronavirus.
The latest round of testing undertaken on Monday uncovered the cases and the club are now going through contact tracing protocols as they look to avoid a second-successive match cancellation after an outbreak at London Irish resulted in last weekend’s trip to Brentford being called off.
Game now off due to positive tests in Saints camp!!!
Petros

Post by Petros »

And Exeter have more positives but say they will have enough players to play Bristol
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Given Rugby players are tested so frequently, and testing is a big part of stopping the spread, why are so many developing covid? Ignoring the guidelines?
inactionman

Post by inactionman »

eldanielfire wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:37 am Given Rugby players are tested so frequently, and testing is a big part of stopping the spread, why are so many developing covid? Ignoring the guidelines?
They're as likely as anyone else to catch it in general life, and once caught it can be spread before the testing catches it. The guidelines are more about reducing opportunity and impact of spread when playing a close-contact sport.