Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls 2020
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:30 pm 

Quote:
According to Brenden Nel, two of South Africa’s richest men, Johann Rupert and Patrice Motsepe, have made a bid to gain a majority share in the Blue Bulls Company. Rupert’s Remgro company already has a 50% share and togther with Motsepe’s African Rainbow Company could make the Bulls a financial powerhouse of South African rugby again.

They will have to drop a load of cash to buy players and a coach.

Post subject: Re: Bulls 2020
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:38 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Quote:
According to Brenden Nel, two of South Africa’s richest men, Johann Rupert and Patrice Motsepe, have made a bid to gain a majority share in the Blue Bulls Company. Rupert’s Remgro company already has a 50% share and togther with Motsepe’s African Rainbow Company could make the Bulls a financial powerhouse of South African rugby again.

Remgro already owns 50%. So they are basically buying out Remgro, with nothing to the Bulls from that. The Bulls only score if they buy the other 25% as well (of the new 75% ownership limit)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Quote:

Remgro already owns 50%. So they are basically buying out Remgro, with nothing to the Bulls from that. The Bulls only score if they buy the other 25% as well (of the new 75% ownership limit)

Would be nice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:43 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Quote:

Would be nice

They might come in with loans though, using any BB property as security. Worked well for WP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:31 pm 

If Johann Rupert buys the Bulls, I assume this will mean loads of money for players. Any Salary cap would be out of the window too I assume.

I didn't think Rupert was a rugby fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm 

mdaclarke wrote:
If Johann Rupert buys the Bulls, I assume this will mean loads of money for players. Any Salary cap would be out of the window too I assume.

I didn't think Rupert was a rugby fan

Open to correction but I think Remgro originally inherited some of these investments (WP, Bulls, Safracens) from MARC (formerly SAIL), investments made when Morne du Plessis was involved with SAIL and when the franchises originally was set up

It seems that Remgro is busy divesting themselves of these investments with Rupert coming in now with his own money and some partners

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:38 am 

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article ... y-release/

So Pote is gone. Jake getting rid of the mediocre staff.

Good move.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:53 am 

Vermeulen returning from Japan, rumors about Marcel van der Merwe, Arno Botha and Marcell Coetzee coming back. Team bulding nicely as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:38 pm 

Good to hear Pote is leaving. He was just not a Super Rugby coach. Seems like the Bulls are using this break go shake up the whole organisation from top to bottom. Hopefully it will bear fruit

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:00 pm 

boere wors wrote:
Vermeulen returning from Japan, rumors about Marcel van der Merwe, Arno Botha and Marcell Coetzee coming back. Team bulding nicely as well.

https://m.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugb ... s-20200502

Ja. Some good buys it seems

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:48 am 

Have just checked on Arno Botha, he is only 28 . I can still remember his springbok test when he injured his knee. Seems to be a lifetime ago, 2013 it was. He was only 21 when he made his test debut and was really good back then already. How is he doing in europe?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:07 pm 

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/bulls-confirm-gio-aplon-arrival-1/

gio aplon to the bulls

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:07 pm 

Well looks like the Bulls forward pack will be in good shape with the guys coming in, we will have a formidable backrow . A bit unhappy with Libbok leaving, being stuck with Steyn at 10 and slow at 9 is not good at all. If the ball can get quickly to the backline we have an exciting backline past the 9/10 axis. Unfortunately the ball takes so long to get past those 2 positions, any advantage we might get from the forwards will go completely wasted, the rest of the backline stand very little chance to do anything. Got to get a better 10 in. Nobody else there that can make an immediate claim to the 10 jersey.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:19 pm 

boere wors wrote:
Have just checked on Arno Botha, he is only 28 . I can still remember his springbok test when he injured his knee. Seems to be a lifetime ago, 2013 it was. He was only 21 when he made his test debut and was really good back then already. How is he doing in europe?

He was decent enough at Munster, although he was never considered first choice. Think he got better with more game time, he was having a good season up until everything stopped. A bit too much bosh and not enough brains for my liking but over all, a decent signing and he'll do well at Bulls. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:22 pm 

Munster-fogs wrote:
boere wors wrote:

He was decent enough at Munster, although he was never considered first choice. Think he got better with more game time, he was having a good season up until everything stopped. A bit too much bosh and not enough brains for my liking but over all, a decent signing and he'll do well at Bulls. :thumbup:

Yeah I think Arno will be good for us. Our current loose trio were a bit lightweight this year, they struggled to dominate the ruck and contact area. Arno and Vermeulen will definitely change that.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:01 am 

I don't know what they fed him at Munster but he's an absolute unit now.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:46 am 

Arno was always very good but Heyneke f**ked him up. Hope his knee is OK, now.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:59 am 

assfly wrote:
I don't know what they fed him at Munster but he's an absolute unit now.

Ireland? Potatoes mostly.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:56 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Arno was always very good but Heyneke f**ked him up. Hope his knee is OK, now.

Hasn't had any injury issues since he came to Munster.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:27 am 

I really hope that the Bulls get their shit together. For RWC champions our Soup and Pro14 sides have been embarrassing. Bar of course the log leading Sharks.
Bulls strong equals a strong South African challenge.

Just concerned about the old timers. Its very surprising that they could not grow the youngsters. Something has gone wrong here.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:53 am 

Sards wrote:
I really hope that the Bulls get their shit together. For RWC champions our Soup and Pro14 sides have been embarrassing. Bar of course the log leading Sharks.

Just concerned about the old timers. Its very surprising that they could not grow the youngsters. Something has gone wrong here.

That is why Jake has been brought in.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:43 am 

Arno has always been a unit. Those arms :shock:

A bit of brains to go with the brawn and he will be in the Bok picture for sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:31 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Sards wrote:

Jake is hiring old boys and letting the youngsters go...( Libbok)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:59 pm 

Sards wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Sards wrote:

Jake is hiring old boys and letting the youngsters go...( Libbok)

Let's see what happens next year.