Clive Palmer
15%
George Smith
15%

Total votes: 20

guy smiley

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by guy smiley »

Talkback caller rings Alan Jones to discuss the treatment Tony Abbott has received during the campaign...

https://twitter.com/rojeadaimy/status/1 ... 1118375936

:lol: :lol: :shock:
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

guy smiley wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
749a wrote:
J Man wrote:What are the polls saying? Who is most likely to win this?
Bookies have Labor at 1.14 and the coalition at 5.75

Sportsbet have paid out on a Labor win as they don't want to take any more money on them
:thumbup:

That has slightly unknotted my gut...
We are all, I think, seasoned enough to not count our chickens early and polling can be notoriously inaccurate...

but seriously, the whole country has been dismissive of the LNP for a year or more now (outside of Newscorp). It's hard to see how they could remain in power. The likely scenario is enough of a shift in the narrow margin seats to allow Labor a majority. The LNP haven't really managed to convince anyone of anything, the issue is voter disenchantment with politics in general and distaste for mainstream parties.

The wild card is smaller parties and independents.
A sympathy vote for the beloved Bob Hawke will do Labor a world of good tomorrow - well done Bob, nicely timed.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Ali's Choice wrote:Image
The dog obviously expressing his preference for someone who will let any stray or mongrel into Australia.
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Shrekles wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
749a wrote:
J Man wrote:What are the polls saying? Who is most likely to win this?
Bookies have Labor at 1.14 and the coalition at 5.75

Sportsbet have paid out on a Labor win as they don't want to take any more money on them
:thumbup:

That has slightly unknotted my gut...
We are all, I think, seasoned enough to not count our chickens early and polling can be notoriously inaccurate...

but seriously, the whole country has been dismissive of the LNP for a year or more now (outside of Newscorp). It's hard to see how they could remain in power. The likely scenario is enough of a shift in the narrow margin seats to allow Labor a majority. The LNP haven't really managed to convince anyone of anything, the issue is voter disenchantment with politics in general and distaste for mainstream parties.

The wild card is smaller parties and independents.
A sympathy vote for the beloved Bob Hawke will do Labor a world of good tomorrow - well done Bob, nicely timed.
Bob's policies had more in common with the current Liberals (as Abbott correctly pointed out) than that Pee Wee Herman show run by Shorten.
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Ali's Choice wrote:
mightyreds wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:I like it very much :thumbup:

And TBh if my desired outcome occurs on Saturday evening I might even borrow it for a few days, just to wind up the like of BiV, mightyreds etc. Temporarily of course, I haven't willingly changed my avatar since I first joined back in 2006. But an ALP win this weekend would be a cause for celebration.
If they did win, that would be the last time you had cause to celebrate it.
Shut the f**k up, loser.
Back to your default setting, I see.
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

And to suspend this brawl momentarily, something we can all celebrate as fans of Australian Rugby; whoever wins the Election, rugby will be winners (though better off under LNP as we will get the RWC2027 bid commitment, too):

'Government matches funding pledge for Ballymore redevelopment'
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

mightyreds wrote: Bob's policies had more in common with the current Liberals (as Abbott correctly pointed out) than that Pee Wee Herman show run by Shorten.
You live in fantasyland. They are nothing alike.

Franklin River v climate denying bullshit
Medicare v Abotts attempt to privatise
Fair wages for all workers v OT cuts
Anti-racism v refugee scaremongering
Pro-women v misogynist
Large scale economic reform that ended the boom/bust cycle from which this country still greatly benefits v economic retard
Last edited by freewheelan on Fri May 17, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

freewheelan wrote:
mightyreds wrote: Bob's policies had more in common with the current Liberals (as Abbott correctly pointed out) than that Pee Wee Herman show run by Shorten.
You live in fantasyland.
No, it's you that's part of the Pee Wee Herman show.
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

mightyreds wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
Bob's policies had more in common with the current Liberals (as Abbott correctly pointed out) than that Pee Wee Herman show run by Shorten.
Only becuase the liberals realised they were sensible policies and kept them. This was the 'protectionist' party under Menzies remember.
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

mightyreds wrote:
freewheelan wrote:
You live in fantasyland.
You're a dumbcünt
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Calling attention to another aspect of the 'Save Us from Shorten' campaign was this comment from Kerri-Anne Kennerley, a call she got right: “If Bill Shorten gets in, it’s the end of life as we know it,” Kennerley said.
(a reference to the amendment proposed to Tasmanian parliament by The Greens, and supported by Labor, to remove gender from birth certificates, thereby creating a nightmare for all agencies involved in POI issues, from Immigration to Dept of Transport, to the police, to Joe Citizen trying to prove who he/she is, to...etc., etc.)

Further proof that life under a Labor government would descend into a complete trivialisation of society and politics, in which major issues are decided by minority groups which the government has to humour to get their vote.

Part of an editorial on the same:

'To be clear, when the Labor Party talks about social justice, it doesn’t mean things like equality before the law, the equal claim to rights as citizenship, or free speech, which it clearly considers to be outdated and antiquated ideas which should be consigned to the dustbin of history.

No, when the Labor Party talks about social justice, it means the complete rearrangement of society, so that there is no privilege, no ­hierarchy and no difference. This has everything to do with engineering, and very little to do with justice. One of the ways it proposes to fulfil the party’s self-proclaimed mission to reshape Australian ­society in its own progressive image, is to get society to a point in which we are a genderless, ­androgynous mass.'

A vote for The Abominable Shorten = a vote for Dystopia
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

freewheelan wrote:
mightyreds wrote:
freewheelan wrote:
You live in fantasyland.
You're a dumbcünt
Your own words expose you - written from the gutter.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

mighyreds,

I do appreciate that you are trying to engage on this thread. We've been very, very short of right wing lunatics since shanky and towny were at their peak around the 2013 Federal election. In fact this thread is dominated by Green/ALP aligned posters. I hope you hang around for a while and continue to engage in robust political debate post-election, whatever the result. I will stop calling you names if you can just honestly confirm that the views you are sharing on this thread are genuinely held, and that you aren't just a pimple faced troll who is trying to make conservatives look like idiots by adopting a gormless, clueless, ultra-right wing persona on a chat site for giggles? Because I don't actually think you're real or genuine. You're a fake-login. The political equivalent of Refry. You've quoted Mark Latham, Fraser Anning, Pauline Hansen and now Kerri-Anne to make political points. No genuine poster would actually do that, no matter how right wing they actually were. I'm not naïve. I know how trolling works. If someone wanted to troll, and was desperate for negative attention (which is ultimately what feeds trolls), then this would be the perfect thread in which to embed a right wing lunatic persona.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

I jokingly referred to mightyreds as trolling a few weeks back to try and excuse his ravings. I believe he’s genuine and believes what he writes, just as Pauline Hanson believes herself.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

guy smiley wrote:I jokingly referred to mightyreds as trolling a few weeks back to try and excuse his ravings. I believe he’s genuine and believes what he writes, just as Pauline Hanson believes herself.
I thought he was genuine too. But what genuine poster would quote Mark Latham, Pauline Hansen, Fraser Anning and now Kerri-Ann to make points on a political thread? Seriously?
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

mightyreds wrote:The dog obviously expressing his preference for someone who will let any stray or mongrel into Australia.
mightyreds, would you care to elaborate on this comment?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Ali's Choice wrote:
guy smiley wrote:I jokingly referred to mightyreds as trolling a few weeks back to try and excuse his ravings. I believe he’s genuine and believes what he writes, just as Pauline Hanson believes herself.
I thought he was genuine too. But what genuine poster would quote Mark Latham, Pauline Hansen, Fraser Anning and now Kerri-Ann to make points on a political thread? Seriously?
A Queenslander.
Vuaka

Post by Vuaka »

Curious about what posters are hearing from their peers or workmates in the 18 to 24 year old bracket.

Most of them at work couldn't be arsed about voting and each party's policies.

Hopefully those that registered for the plebiscite get out tomorrow and vote for change.
749a

Post by 749a »

Vuaka wrote:Curious about what posters are hearing from their peers or workmates in the 18 to 24 year old bracket.

Hopefully those that registered for the plebiscite get out tomorrow and vote for change.
Sounds like every 18-24 year old since Federation
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

And in very surprising news, all the News Ltd owned newspapers have backed the Coalition to win in their election eve editorials. Pathetic. They really are the media arm of the Liberal and National Parties.
Sensible Stephen

Post by Sensible Stephen »

Ali's Choice wrote:And in very surprising news, all the News Ltd owned newspapers have backed the Coalition to win in their election eve editorials. Pathetic. They really are the media arm of the Liberal and National Parties.
:?

The Australian is predicting 77 to 68 in favour of Labor.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/newspoll
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Sensible Stephen wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:And in very surprising news, all the News Ltd owned newspapers have backed the Coalition to win in their election eve editorials. Pathetic. They really are the media arm of the Liberal and National Parties.
:?

The Australian is predicting 77 to 68 in favour of Labor.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/newspoll
Technically speaking Newspoll is separate to The Australian. But nonetheless their shamelessly pro-Coalition editorial today will never be forgotten.
Vuaka

Post by Vuaka »

749a wrote:
Vuaka wrote:Curious about what posters are hearing from their peers or workmates in the 18 to 24 year old bracket.

Sounds like every 18-24 year old since Federation
So I extended that age range to 30 years and still no change. All of those I asked couldn't name their electorate, the majority weren't sure who their sitting member is and a few offered up their suburb as their electorate. Forget about discussing policy with this lot.

I must be working with the politically ignorant.

I suppose they will vote randomly or based on colour or name tomorrow.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

A 21 year-old relation of a relation of a relation is sitting across from me now. He had completely forgotten about the election until I asked him about where he'll be voting tomorrow. "Oh yeah, I'll go down then. I voted in the last one a couple of months ago, what's this one for again?"

"oh ok, I'll just vote whoever then. I don't know who to vote for"

:nod:

This guy is more interested in Penrith v Warriors at the moment.
Crazy Ed

Post by Crazy Ed »

The country is in safe hands with compulsory voting.

I'll go down and shake hands with Peter Dutton tomorrow to try and ensure that the Bob Hawke sympathy vote doesn't overwhelm the country and rob me of my inheritance via taxation.
kiap

Post by kiap »

Farva, when you next read this thread m8, we need a new poll for polling day. Ta :thumbup:

Q: What will be the result in terms of seats in the House of Reps?

ALP majority of 15 or more
ALP majority of 10 to 14
ALP majority of 5 to 9
ALP majority of 1 to 4
Hung parliament ... hello minor parties and independents!
L+NP majority of 1 to 4
L+NP majority of 5 to 9
L+NP majority of 10 to 14
L+NP majority of 15 or more
Farva

Post by Farva »

kiap wrote:Farva, when you next read this thread m8, we need a new poll for polling day. Ta :thumbup:

ALP majority of 10 to 14
ALP majority of 5 to 9
ALP majority of 1 to 4
L+NP majority of 1 to 4
L+NP majority of 5 to 9
Shit we do. Ill get on that later
swc

Post by swc »

guy smiley wrote:Talkback caller rings Alan Jones to discuss the treatment Tony Abbott has received during the campaign...

https://twitter.com/rojeadaimy/status/1 ... 1118375936

:lol: :lol: :shock:

That is fuckin gold :lol: :lol: :lol:
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

You sure the Liberal party isn't the political arm of Newscorp?
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

mightyreds wrote:
freewheelan wrote:
mightyreds wrote:
freewheelan wrote:
You live in fantasyland.
You're a dumbcünt
Your own words expose you - written from the gutter.
The only thing my words expose is the truth. As do ACs for that matter, you are a fraud.
kiap

Post by kiap »

Farva wrote:
kiap wrote:Farva, when you next read this thread m8, we need a new poll for polling day. Ta :thumbup:

ALP majority of 10 to 14
ALP majority of 5 to 9
ALP majority of 1 to 4
L+NP majority of 1 to 4
L+NP majority of 5 to 9
Shit we do. Ill get on that later
:thumbup: Nice touch on the Clive option BTW

After all the cash he spent, it's the least you could do! :lol:
Brumby_in_Vic

Post by Brumby_in_Vic »

Provides balance to the favouritism that the Greens/ALP/GetUp axis get from the likes of Fairfax and the ALP.
Brumby_in_Vic

Post by Brumby_in_Vic »

Crazy Ed wrote:The country is in safe hands with compulsory voting.

I'll go down and shake hands with Peter Dutton tomorrow to try and ensure that the Bob Hawke sympathy vote doesn't overwhelm the country and rob me of my inheritance via taxation.
Good man. If you love paying tax and more tax leaving you with less disposable income to live on vote Greens/ALP and GetUp. As the great Kerry Packer said if you pay more tax than you should for money that will be spent poorly you need your head read.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Provides balance to the favouritism that the Greens/ALP/GetUp axis get from the likes of Fairfax and the ALP.

I'm surprised that the ALP provide favouritism to... the ALP.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Slim 293 wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:

I'm surprised that the ALP provide favouritism to... the ALP.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That puts BiV's rant squarely in perspective. Unhinged lunacy.
Wyndham Upalot

Post by Wyndham Upalot »

RIP such is ..
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
:lol: Fairfax doesn't even exist anymore mate. It was sold to channel 9, who are hardly known for being pinko lefties. How long have you been living in Ireland for?
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Had a dream last night about life under a Labor government. At the station, and on every train I was about to catch, a bomb went off. Melodramatic, maybe (dreams are), but it says something about the choice we face today.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Ali's Choice wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
:lol: Fairfax doesn't even exist anymore mate. It was sold to channel 9, who are hardly known for being pinko lefties. How long have you been living in Ireland for?
Yeah... to add to the spice, the Nein / Fairfox group is run by Peter Costello :lol: