15%
George Smith
15%

Total votes: 20

Pat the Ex Mat

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:43 am
grievous wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 am [to stop you embarrassing yourself so much lately frankly it’s been hard to watch.
I don't know, your highly misogynistic comments on the Covid thread was pretty embarrassing
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:53 am
grievous wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 am That twice you’ve looked completely stupid on this topic.
Might teach to weigh in on Guys coat tails next time, I’m only only saying to stop you embarrassing yourself so much lately frankly it’s been hard to watch.
I've only embarrassed myself in your head mate :thumbup:
Im not your mate you dont have any
Last edited by grievous on Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:45 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:43 am
grievous wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 am [to stop you embarrassing yourself so much lately frankly it’s been hard to watch.
I don't know, your highly misogynistic comments on the Covid thread was pretty embarrassing
Huh? Care to indicate what has outraged you? Or even fix your quoting issues.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

grievous wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:55 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:53 am
grievous wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 am That twice you’ve looked completely stupid on this topic.
Might teach to weigh in on Guys coat tails next time, I’m only only saying to stop you embarrassing yourself so much lately frankly it’s been hard to watch.
I've only embarrassed myself in your head mate :thumbup:
Im not your mate you dont have any
"Im not your mate" :lol:

Utterly pathetic. As the forum's self-proclaimed White Mamba did you feel attacked by me calling you my 'mate' and that's why you "struck"? You've boasted that you only "strike when attacked".
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

grievous wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:58 am
Huh? Care to indicate what has outraged you?

grievous wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:23 pm sick cvnts

she's in her 50s ffs, she doesn't dye like most women her age, she is a professor, might get more of a chub out of a few more in here with that, she is actually a bit of a medico on a power trip....needs to know her place and chill on the press conferences and I think given a bit too much airplay by Marshall
Referring to "doing me a favour" by getting tested came across really weird.
Otherwise, she may well take two at a time.
oozing from your pores mate :thumbdown:
grievous

Post by grievous »

Last edited by grievous on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
grievous

Post by grievous »

It was actually an anti sexist lear from posters(you?) about how hot she was for a 70yr old and wanting to bang her...but Im sexist?
To your highlighted quote....If you have watched her regular updates she has grown a little power hungry, I do Im from SA and watch a bit of news from there, you haven't so you will have to take my word for it or trawl her updates.
Lastly what I said had nothing to do about her sex it was that she is a chief medico not health minister its Wade and he should be leading news briefs.
So you see you have gone all half cocked.
Do you have the fortitude to admit your mistake?
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

grievous wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:11 am It was actually an anti sexist lear from posters(you?) about how hot she was for a 70yr old and wanting to bang her...but Im sexist?
To your highlighted quote....If you have watched her regular updates she has grown a little power hungry, I do Im from SA and watch a bit of news from there, you haven't so you will have to take my word for it or trawl her updates.
Lastly what I said had nothing to do about her sex it was that she is a chief medico not health minister its Wade and he should be leading news briefs.
I do Grievy. I'm often mistaken and I always admit it.
Is this what you're after?
grievous

Post by grievous »

koroke hangareka wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:16 pm
grievous wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:11 am It was actually an anti sexist lear from posters(you?) about how hot she was for a 70yr old and wanting to bang her...but Im sexist?
I do Grievy. I'm often mistaken and I always admit it.
Is this what you're after?
Matts' Kiwi login???
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced he will be taking a week's holiday from this weekend, with Michael McCormack filling in as Acting PM.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:31 am Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced he will be taking a week's holiday from this weekend, with Michael McCormack filling in as Acting PM.
That’s outstanding
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:31 am Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced he will be taking a week's holiday from this weekend, with Michael McCormack filling in as Acting PM.
So only 1 holiday this year. Same number as Dan.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Well we clearly have the whole Covid thing done and dusted, or at least Scotty doesn't know about Melbourne or Sydney, no matter he does nothing except confuse the punters on that issue anyways.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Where has he been for the last 2 weeks?!
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:46 am
He's been on holiday since just before Christmas, but that was a secret holiday. This will be an official holiday, with an Acting PM etc.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:07 am
Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:46 am
He's been on holiday since just before Christmas, but that was a secret holiday. This will be an official holiday, with an Acting PM etc.
:lol:

:frown:
grievous

Post by grievous »

Nothing to say Matt?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Former President of the Victorian Liberal Party Michael Kroger is being interviewed on Sky News. He called Trump's behaviour this week "regrettable" but downplayed the storming of the Capitol Building, saying that it wasn't a genuine attempted coup, and nowhere near as serious as the BLM protests.
kiap

Post by kiap »

Presumably Albo is alright and just under obseravation ... after encountering a P-plater in a Range Rover ...
  • Nearly 24 hours after being in a car accident in Sydney's inner-west, federal opposition leader Anthony Albanese remains in hospital.

A spokesperson yesterday said Mr Albanese was "shaken but okay" and was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital as a precautionary measure.

But the opposition leader remained in hospital overnight, with fears his injuries may be more complex than first thought.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:23 am Former President of the Victorian Liberal Party Michael Kroger is being interviewed on Sky News. He called Trump's behaviour this week "regrettable" but downplayed the storming of the Capitol Building, saying that it wasn't a genuine attempted coup, and nowhere near as serious as the BLM protests.
It would be harder to find a more fossilised example of the LNP Old Guard thank Kroger.

Mind you, the New Right in Victoria are out to get him
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Scott Morrison announces his 2nd family holiday of 2021. He is on track to beat the six family holidays that he took last year :thumbup:

Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Josh Frydenberg delivered a press conference today. When asked whether the govt would consider extending Job Keeper and Job Seeker he laid the blame for any economic pain that individuals or businesses may be experiencing on the states border closures.

He tearfully bemoaned Twitter's banning of Donald Trump, and said it was an affront on free speech. Keeping in mind he is a member of the government that relentlessly targets whistle blowers, and who made it a crime for doctors to report on the conditions in our overseas prison camps.
Salient

Post by Salient »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 am Josh Frydenberg delivered a press conference today. When asked whether the govt would consider extending Job Keeper and Job Seeker he laid the blame for any economic pain that individuals or businesses may be experiencing on the states border closures.

He tearfully bemoaned Twitter's banning of Donald Trump, and said it was an affront on free speech. Keeping in mind he is a member of the government that relentlessly targets whistle blowers, and who made it a crime for doctors to report on the conditions in our overseas prison camps.
I might be wrong but isn't he one of the leaders attacking political satire? For those wondering, if the Gov doesn't like your brand of comedy then you could do some jail time.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... nformation

:lol:
Michael McCormack says 'facts can sometimes be contentious' when asked about Covid misinformation
He also went on to say...
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

I knew you’d dig it GS... :proud:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

There is water—
At the bottom of the ocean.
Under the water
Carry the water
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

The Federal Govt was this morning warned of severe consequences for local councils that "use Covid-19 as an excuse" to scrap Australia Day celebrations or move away from face-to-face citizenship ceremonies.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Interesting attack angle in yesterday's Australian.

MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:11 am Interesting attack angle in yesterday's Australian.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Four years late, The Australian finally gets onboard with ludicrous Trump comparisons.

The Betoota Advocate should be worried, very worried.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

The Herald Sun ran with this amazing headline back in November...
One rule for SAS, another for Dan Andrews

If we want the truth from our military about how people were killed in Afghanistan, we must also demand it from our political leaders about why people died in Victoria, Peta Credlin writes.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

I guess it was wishful thinking to expect anyone in this thread (except maybe Shanky) to complement the Federal Government on its successful $2 billion program to help first home owners build homes - which is generating a boom for tradies and stimulating the economyat a needed time.

Just doesn't fit with the prevalent anti LNP narrative here, eh?
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Ellafan wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 pm I guess it was wishful thinking to expect anyone in this thread (except maybe Shanky) to complement the Federal Government on its successful $2 billion program to help first home owners build homes - which is generating a boom for tradies and stimulating the economyat a needed time.

I'd love you to provide some figures on the takeup of that loan.

The 2 Billion figure is the amount Available, not taken up
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:56 am
Ellafan wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 pm I guess it was wishful thinking to expect anyone in this thread (except maybe Shanky) to complement the Federal Government on its successful $2 billion program to help first home owners build homes - which is generating a boom for tradies and stimulating the economyat a needed time.

I'd love you to provide some figures on the takeup of that loan.

The 2 Billion figure is the amount Available, not taken up
Your ABC reported, last night, that at current grant payment rates,the allotted $2billion will be expended by March.

Anyway, I'm glad you lot have the ideological blinkers and ingrained hatred. More Zin Co shares for me :nod:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Slim 293 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 pm The Herald Sun ran with this amazing headline back in November...

If we want the truth from our military about how people were killed in Afghanistan, we must also demand it from our political leaders about why people died in Victoria, Peta Credlin writes.
Holy shit

That’s way beyond the pale

:thumbdown:
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

shanky wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:37 am
Slim 293 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 pm The Herald Sun ran with this amazing headline back in November...

Holy shit

That’s way beyond the pale

:thumbdown:
Did you get any Zin Co shares yesterday? Seriously, it's a better return than putting the money on the street and paying commission on the Vig collection.
shanky

Post by shanky »

You’re a stock picker too?

Multi talented. :thumbup:
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

shanky wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:55 am You’re a stock picker too?

It has the veneer of being less bogan than a TAB account.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:13 am

Well, quite.

:thumbup:
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:13 am

Invest responsibly! <Spoken sotto voce and v. rapidly>