13%
George Smith
13%

Total votes: 24

shanky

Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by shanky »

Bindi wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:37 am
shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:33 am Ok, so what do we think should happen with this in-named Cabinet minister?

It’s a shocking allegation that has no chance of ever reaching a trial, so Morrison’s attempt to deflect it to the Police is transparently awful.

But what do we think..what would you do if you were him/them?
Exactly what’s being called for; an independent investigation like that which happened for Dyson Haydon.
So, you’d name the Minister and take it from there?
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:39 am
Bindi wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:37 am
shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:33 am Ok, so what do we think should happen with this in-named Cabinet minister?

It’s a shocking allegation that has no chance of ever reaching a trial, so Morrison’s attempt to deflect it to the Police is transparently awful.

But what do we think..what would you do if you were him/them?
Exactly what’s being called for; an independent investigation like that which happened for Dyson Haydon.
So, you’d name the Minister and take it from there?
Yes. A decent portion of the population knows who it is anyway.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I don’t.

But it’ll come out then, at some point.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Sarah Hanson-Young is hinting at naming him in Parliament if nothing else comes of it...
grievous

Post by grievous »

Thomas wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:04 am
grievous wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:53 am
Slim 293 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 am #christianporter does seem to be gaining traction on twitter...

If it were true, violent anal rape and adultery would certainly make fine achievements for Mr Family Values.
WTF??? Take it somewhere else you idiot
That's what the rapist allegedly did, bud.
who gives a fvck does it have to be splashed here
grow up idiot
shanky

Post by shanky »

Slim 293 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:03 am Sarah Hanson-Young is hinting at naming him in Parliament if nothing else comes of it...
There’s an ALP MP out there as well at the moment, with allegations against him. Perhaps they’ll name him as well.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:08 am
Slim 293 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:03 am Sarah Hanson-Young is hinting at naming him in Parliament if nothing else comes of it...
There’s an ALP MP out there as well at the moment, with allegations against him. Perhaps they’ll name him as well.
That was simply a red herring, released by the Coalition so that Sky News could run an counter-attack against the ALP and News Ltd could talkj about bad people on "both sides". That ALP MP, who we all know, has been investigated twice and on both occasions was found to have no case to answer. As usual, you simply spout News Ltd spin because they form all your thoughts and opinions for you.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:14 am
That was simply a red herring, released by the Coalition so that Sky News could run an counter-attack against the ALP and News Ltd could talkj about bad people on "both sides". That ALP MP, who we all know, has been investigated twice and on both occasions was found to have no case to answer. As usual, you simply spout News Ltd spin because they form all your thoughts and opinions for you.
I read that in the SMH you plonker.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:17 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:14 am
I read that in the SMH you plonker.
Yet your thoughts and contributions to this thread are always 100% aligned to News Ltd and Sky News. You know exactly who the mystery ALP MP was. He has been investigated twice by Victoria police and on both occasions found to have no case to answer. Why would you try and introduce him to this current issue? Because you want to paint a picture of rapists "on both sides".
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:20 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:17 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:16 am
Zakar wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:00 am I see we still need to send the debt collectors after Palaszczuk. Considering QLD has the highest (non mortgage) personal debt per capita in Australia, im not surprised they're governed by someone that dodges invoices.

I heard she's also tearing up letters from Robina Debt Consolidation services re: 2020 SuperJet Wave Runner, and hooning up the canals every time a tow truck arrives to enforce a PPS Repo.
Stupid post.
Stupid response. How does it feel to be lead by a woman who isn't responsible enough to pay her bills?
Are you really this stupid?
I'm sorry if I offended you, im sure your 2020 SuperJet Wave Runner was a wise investment.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

grievous wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:04 am
Slim 293 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 am #christianporter does seem to be gaining traction on twitter...

If it were true, violent anal rape and adultery would certainly make fine achievements for Mr Family Values.
grow up idiot
Does it make you feel icky, you ultra-aggressive turd.
shanky

Post by shanky »

To be honest, I was asking the question of other, more considered posters on this thread, not a shrieking partisan like you.

You’re a caricature now. There’s literally nothing you have a view on that I couldn’t get from the ALP website.

In this instance, most normal people could see that you’d simply created a different rule for the guy from your party.

As it stands, I don’t think any of them should be granted anonymity- part of being a politician is taking the licks and explaining yourself.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:32 am To be honest, I was asking the question of other, more considered posters on this thread, not a shrieking partisan like you.

You’re a caricature now. There’s literally nothing you have a view on that I couldn’t get from the ALP website.

In this instance, most normal people could see that you’d simply created a different rule for the guy from your party.

As it stands, I don’t think any of them should be granted anonymity- part of being a politician is taking the licks and explaining yourself.
Weird comment given 100% of your posts are simply spouting News Ltd propaganda. You're as one eyed and partisan as I am, only without the self awareness. You are a Coalition stooge.

Btw, the ALP MP was never granted anonymity. That's a right reserved for Coalition MP's only.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Andrew Bolt... classy, as always:
A Morrison Government minister is accused of a rape 32 years ago by a mentally ill women (sic) who is now dead. How can he possibly defend himself? And why is he not given the same protection that the media gave to Bill Shorten?
shanky

Post by shanky »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:37 am
shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:32 am To be honest, I was asking the question of other, more considered posters on this thread, not a shrieking partisan like you.

Weird comment given 100% of your posts are simply spouting News Ltd propaganda. You're as one eyed and partisan as I am, only without the self awareness. You are a Coalition stooge.

Btw, the ALP MP was never granted anonymity. That's a right reserved for Coalition MP's only.
Keep flailing bro

I never watch Sky or read the Tele. You seem to do both, religiously.

I never post ‘Murdoch’ tropes or news on here. You seem to post both, religiously.

I never play politics with coronavirus or matters of importance. You, alas, do both, religiously.

Perhaps it’s you (rather than me) who is the closet right-winger?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Shanky, you post News Ltd propaganda religiously.

Just a few posts up, you deliberately tried to muddy the water by bringing up the ALP rape claim, knowing full well that that claim has been investigated twice by police. A coalition MP posted about this on social media yesterday to try and help Morrison control the narrative, and you seized upon this. You knew that it had been investigated twice and the MP was cleared, yet still chose to bring it up, to make the point that there might be rapists on "both sides".
shanky

Post by shanky »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 am Shanky, you post News Ltd propaganda religiously.

Just a few posts up, you deliberately tried to muddy the water by bringing up the ALP rape claim, knowing full well that that claim has been investigated twice by police. A coalition MP posted about this on social media yesterday to try and help Morrison control the narrative, and you seized upon this. You knew that it had been investigated twice and the MP was cleared, yet still chose to bring it up, to make the point that there might be rapists on "both sides".
How can you know what I ‘know’. I have no idea who this ALP MP is. Perhaps you could name him for us?

He’s innocent after all. Where’s the harm?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 am Shanky, you post News Ltd propaganda religiously.

How can you know what I ‘know’. I have no idea who this ALP MP is. Perhaps you could name him for us?

He’s innocent after all. Where’s the harm?
A high profile current Victorian ALP MP has been investigated twice over the same incident, and cleared both times. If you don't know who this person is then you are as stupid as you are partisan.
shanky

Post by shanky »

And yet you won’t name him, so that I could go away and cure my stupidity by reading up on it.

Why is that?
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Shorten?
shanky

Post by shanky »

Oh my.

I can see why AC didn’t want to name him.
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

Bindi wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 am
Shorten?
Shorten's matter has been investigated twice by police and no charges were ever laid. That means that even the cops didn't think there was any substance to the allegation, which is a pretty low bar.

We are still waiting to hear what the Federal Attorney General, Christian Porter, has to say about this. For some reason, he has gone AWOL when his willfully stupid colleagues keep telling lies about matters concerning his portfolio.
Last edited by freewheelan on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 am Oh my.

Confused. You then think the alleged coalition rapist shouldn’t be named because Shorten has already been investigated and cleared, which is public knowledge.
shanky

Post by shanky »

freewheelan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:41 am
Shorten?
Shorten's matter has been investigated twice by police and no charges were ever laid. That means that even the cops didn't think there was any substance to the allegation, which is a pretty low bar.

We are still waiting to hear what the Federal Attorney General, Christian Porter, has to say about this. For some reason, he has gone AWOL when his willfully stupid colleagues keep talking about matters concerning his portfolio.
Is Porter the mystery man?
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

Shorten?

We are still waiting to hear what the Federal Attorney General, Christian Porter, has to say about this. For some reason, he has gone AWOL when his willfully stupid colleagues keep talking about matters concerning his portfolio.
Clearly he’s investigating the matter.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Bindi wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:41 am
shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 am Oh my.

Confused. You then think the alleged coalition rapist shouldn’t be named because Shorten has already been investigated and cleared, which is public knowledge.
I already said he should be named, further up the page.

I did that precisely to head off the attacks that would inevitably come.
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:42 am
Shorten?

Is Porter the mystery man?
He was in Sydney at the time of the rape at a debating championship, so he's a candidate. He has a history of being misogynistic and self-entitled, and he may be a sociopath. Also, he didn't attend the swearing-in of the new High Court judges Jacqueline Gleeson and Simon Steward today because he was 'busy.' So there's that.
shanky

Post by shanky »

It’d be pretty rum if the AG himself was the one allegedly being investigated

Holy cow
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:51 am It’d be pretty rum if the AG himself was the one allegedly being investigated

Holy cow
I don't know for certain but missing the appointment of not one but two high court judges is very strange given he is the AG. Aren't you at the private bar? You'd know that is no small thing.
shanky

Post by shanky »

freewheelan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:55 am
shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:51 am It’d be pretty rum if the AG himself was the one allegedly being investigated

Holy cow
I don't know for certain but missing the appointment of not one but two high court judges is very strange given he is the AG. Aren't you at the private bar? You'd know that is no small thing.
Noted, thanks

The only lawyering I do, is bush-lawyering.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

He is truly a repugnant man.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Thomas wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am

grow up idiot
Dont weigh in if you cant handle it, bud You've banned posters for less you attention seeking hypocrite
freewheelan

Post by freewheelan »

grievous wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:29 pm
Thomas wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am

grow up idiot
Dont weigh in if you cant handle it, bud You've banned posters for less you attention seeking hypocrite
Did your dog die today?
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:57 am

Holy cow
Noted, thanks

More barrista than barrister?
shanky

Post by shanky »

:lol:

Mosman baristas, buddy. The tips are divine
kiap

Post by kiap »

Zakar wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:42 pm
shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:57 am

Holy cow
Noted, thanks

More barrista than barrister?
As a part-time bush lawyer myself, it's in many ways the better option. :)

I'd say more Banjo Patterson billie tea than Glanville Williams tort.

More "vibe" than scribe...
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:50 pm :lol:

I'd love just a tip from a Mosman YM.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

grievous wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:29 pm Dont weigh in if you cant handle it, bud You've banned posters for less you attention seeking hypocrite
:lol:

You know you can just admit your reaction was a bit weird and move on, right?
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

shanky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:50 pm :lol:

But the shafts can be... confronting