Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 8:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602 ... 625  Next

Whos Going to Lead the Labor Rabble
Albo 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Plibbers 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Bowen 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Chalmers 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Uncle Tony 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Clive Palmer 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
George Smith 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:52 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
Slim 293 wrote:
Andrew Bolt is questioning her story, and exploiting it for his platform regarding historical rape allegations...

He really is a piece of work.


Agreed - he's pond-life


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12418
Location: Coalfalls
Auckman wrote:
Is this the daughter that had drug addictions and Hawke cried about on national tv?

I believe it is that one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12418
Location: Coalfalls
guy smiley wrote:
Glaston wrote:
Whats the story with this?
Sounds pretty odd, specially as she is sueing her fathers estate.

"The daughter of former Australian PM Bob Hawke has alleged she was raped in the 1980s but he asked her to stay silent to avoid harming his career."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50704179


I read this story earlier... suing the estate isn't that odd as that's probably the only avenue she could pursue for compensation. The whole story is pretty sad really though... both protagonists have died, were best friends and were key players in one of the greatest political careers in the country's history. The tragedy is the pragmatic disregard of the daughter's wellbeing, as witnessed by her sister.

This is a deeply ugly story.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:02 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
Very odd timing.

Especially considering Smoko is hiding and Taylor is embroiled in his war of words with Naomi Wolf..... :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4919
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
Andrew Bolt is questioning her story, and exploiting it for his platform regarding historical rape allegations...

He really is a piece of work.


Agreed - he's pond-life


Is it ok to agree with Steve Price sometimes but find Bolt distasteful?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:13 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
kiwigreg369 wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
Andrew Bolt is questioning her story, and exploiting it for his platform regarding historical rape allegations...

He really is a piece of work.


Agreed - he's pond-life


Is it ok to agree with Steve Price sometimes but find Bolt distasteful?


If you can look in the mirror afterwards.

Is it an age thing?

I find all of the 2GB style talking heads repulsive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12418
Location: Coalfalls
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
Andrew Bolt is questioning her story, and exploiting it for his platform regarding historical rape allegations...

He really is a piece of work.


Agreed - he's pond-life


Is it ok to agree with Steve Price sometimes but find Bolt distasteful?


If you can look in the mirror afterwards.

Is it an age thing?

I find all of the 2GB style talking heads repulsive

I’m aware there is a Steve Price other than the one who played RL for the Bulldogs, Warriors, Qld and Straya but I’ve never listened to or watched him on’t’ telly or other electronic device.

Oddly enough I feel none the poorer for this...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
MungoMan wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
Andrew Bolt is questioning her story, and exploiting it for his platform regarding historical rape allegations...

He really is a piece of work.


Agreed - he's pond-life


Is it ok to agree with Steve Price sometimes but find Bolt distasteful?


If you can look in the mirror afterwards.

Is it an age thing?

I find all of the 2GB style talking heads repulsive

I’m aware there is a Steve Price other than the one who played RL for the Bulldogs, Warriors, Qld and Straya but I’ve never listened to or watched him on’t’ telly or other electronic device.

Oddly enough I feel none the poorer for this...


I believe you...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5272
Location: Straya cunt
Australia scores a perfect 0.0 for climate policy...

https://newclimate.org/wp-content/uploa ... ersion.pdf

Quote:
Australia ranked worst of 57 countries on climate change policy

Thinktank report deems Morrison government ‘an increasingly regressive force’

Australia is the worst-performing country on climate change policy, according to a new international ranking of 57 countries. The report also criticises the Morrison government for being a “regressive force” internationally.

The 2020 Climate Change Performance Index, prepared by a group of thinktanks comprising the NewClimate Institute, the Climate Action Network and Germanwatch, looks at national climate action across the categories of emissions, renewable energy, energy use and policy.

Across all four categories, Australia was ranked as the sixth-worst performing of the 57 countries assessed.

On the assessment of national and international climate policy, Australia is singled out as the worst-performing, with the report saying the re-elected Morrison government “has continued to worsen performance at both national and international levels.”

“Experts note that the new government is an increasingly regressive force in negotiations and has been criticised for its lack of ambition by several Pacific Island nations in the context of this year’s Pacific Island Forum,” the report says.

“The dismissal of recent IPCC reports, the government not attending the UN Climate Action Summit in September, and the withdrawal from funding the Green Climate Fund (GCF) underpin the overall very low performance in the climate policy category.”

Australia scored the lowest possible rating of 0.0, compared with the highest-scoring country, Portugal, which was ranked best for its climate policy at 97.8%. The report praised Portugal for its ambitious target of net-zero emissions by 2050 and a 55% emissions reduction by 2030.

The report says that the Australian government has also failed to clarify how it will meet the country’s 2030 emission reduction target and has failed to develop a long-term mitigation strategy.

“While the government is not proposing any further targets for renewable energy beyond 2020, it continues to promote the expansion of fossil fuels and in April 2019 approved the opening of the highly controversial Adani coalmine,” the report notes.

The damning assessment of Australia’s position comes as the energy minister, Angus Taylor, argues the case at UN climate talks for Australia to use carryover credits to meet its international emissions reduction targets against resistance from 100 other countries.

The government is also facing pressure on the domestic front about its inaction on climate change policy, with the NSW Liberal environment minister, Matt Kean, the latest to call for more ambitious emissions reduction targets.

The former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull has also urged the government to do more about the national security threat of climate change, which has been thrust into the national spotlight by the early, devastating bushfire season and the prolonged drought.

The CCPI report points to the bushfires and Australia’s “destructive” pre-summer heatwave as an example of a number of extreme weather events that have become increasingly severe in 2019, as it argues the impacts of climate change are already being felt.

“The unfolding impacts of 1°C of global warming observed in 2019 emphasise the urgency required to act,” the report says.

Labor’s shadow energy minister, Mark Butler, said the ranking showed the government’s action on climate change was “pathetic”, and hit out at the Coalition’s push to use carryover credits.

“When it comes to climate action Australia’s lack of climate policy has become an international embarrassment,” Butler said.

“Meanwhile, to avoid real climate action all this government wants to do is use dodgy accounting tricks to cook the books and fake meeting their inadequate Paris agreement targets.”

When asked about Australia’s climate change policy in response to the unfolding bushfire crisis, the agriculture minister, Bridget McKenzie, said it was “misleading” to link the fires with “coal-fired power generation right now”.

“Our government has strong action to address climate change,” she said.

“As an emitter of 1.7% of the globe’s carbon emissions, I think Australia is really taking strong action to address that and we need to be proud of that instead of beating ourselves up about it and our regional communities.

“We are taking strong action. People might not like the way we are doing it … but to say that we are not actually taking action because we don’t have some sort of market mechanism that certain sides of politics prefer, we are actually getting the job done.”

But she said there was “no question” that climate change was affecting regional areas and had exacerbated the drought.

The deputy prime minister Michael McCormack also defended the government’s climate change position, saying the government was doing “important things”, while acknowledging there was community anxiety.

“As it gets drier, the fact is that many Australians are worried, but we don’t need to catastrophise things either,” McCormack said.


https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nge-policy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am
Posts: 4077
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am
Posts: 2700
wamberal99 wrote:
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


They are a disgrace. Nero watching Rome burn etc. Fuk them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2565
Quote:
Deputy PM Michael McCormack Just Blamed The Bushfires On Kids

“Most of these fires are being caused by little Lucifers running around with matches and firestarters and creating havoc,” he said.


I bet its those same kids who marched. Ignorant little fcukers. Anyone would think the future belonged to them.

https://junkee.com/michael-mccormack-kids-bushfires/234402


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
McCormack is definitely a dead politician walking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12418
Location: Coalfalls
6.Jones wrote:
Quote:
Deputy PM Michael McCormack Just Blamed The Bushfires On Kids

“Most of these fires are being caused by little Lucifers running around with matches and firestarters and creating havoc,” he said.


I bet its those same kids who marched. Ignorant little fcukers. Anyone would think the future belonged to them.

https://junkee.com/michael-mccormack-kids-bushfires/234402

We've seen this type of thing before with northern euros

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12418
Location: Coalfalls
Slim 293 wrote:
Australia scores a perfect 0.0 for climate policy...

https://newclimate.org/wp-content/uploa ... ersion.pdf

Quote:
Australia ranked worst of 57 countries on climate change policy

Thinktank report deems Morrison government ‘an increasingly regressive force’

Australia is the worst-performing country on climate change policy, according to a new international ranking of 57 countries. The report also criticises the Morrison government for being a “regressive force” internationally.

The 2020 Climate Change Performance Index, prepared by a group of thinktanks comprising the NewClimate Institute, the Climate Action Network and Germanwatch, looks at national climate action across the categories of emissions, renewable energy, energy use and policy.
Across all four categories, Australia was ranked as the sixth-worst performing of the 57 countries assessed.

On the assessment of national and international climate policy, Australia is singled out as the worst-performing, with the report saying the re-elected Morrison government “has continued to worsen performance at both national and international levels.”

“Experts note that the new government is an increasingly regressive force in negotiations and has been criticised for its lack of ambition by several Pacific Island nations in the context of this year’s Pacific Island Forum,” the report says.

“The dismissal of recent IPCC reports, the government not attending the UN Climate Action Summit in September, and the withdrawal from funding the Green Climate Fund (GCF) underpin the overall very low performance in the climate policy category.”

Australia scored the lowest possible rating of 0.0, compared with the highest-scoring country, Portugal, which was ranked best for its climate policy at 97.8%. The report praised Portugal for its ambitious target of net-zero emissions by 2050 and a 55% emissions reduction by 2030.

The report says that the Australian government has also failed to clarify how it will meet the country’s 2030 emission reduction target and has failed to develop a long-term mitigation strategy.

“While the government is not proposing any further targets for renewable energy beyond 2020, it continues to promote the expansion of fossil fuels and in April 2019 approved the opening of the highly controversial Adani coalmine,” the report notes.

The damning assessment of Australia’s position comes as the energy minister, Angus Taylor, argues the case at UN climate talks for Australia to use carryover credits to meet its international emissions reduction targets against resistance from 100 other countries.

The government is also facing pressure on the domestic front about its inaction on climate change policy, with the NSW Liberal environment minister, Matt Kean, the latest to call for more ambitious emissions reduction targets.

The former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull has also urged the government to do more about the national security threat of climate change, which has been thrust into the national spotlight by the early, devastating bushfire season and the prolonged drought.

The CCPI report points to the bushfires and Australia’s “destructive” pre-summer heatwave as an example of a number of extreme weather events that have become increasingly severe in 2019, as it argues the impacts of climate change are already being felt.

“The unfolding impacts of 1°C of global warming observed in 2019 emphasise the urgency required to act,” the report says.

Labor’s shadow energy minister, Mark Butler, said the ranking showed the government’s action on climate change was “pathetic”, and hit out at the Coalition’s push to use carryover credits.

“When it comes to climate action Australia’s lack of climate policy has become an international embarrassment,” Butler said.

“Meanwhile, to avoid real climate action all this government wants to do is use dodgy accounting tricks to cook the books and fake meeting their inadequate Paris agreement targets.”

When asked about Australia’s climate change policy in response to the unfolding bushfire crisis, the agriculture minister, Bridget McKenzie, said it was “misleading” to link the fires with “coal-fired power generation right now”.

“Our government has strong action to address climate change,” she said.

“As an emitter of 1.7% of the globe’s carbon emissions, I think Australia is really taking strong action to address that and we need to be proud of that instead of beating ourselves up about it and our regional communities.

“We are taking strong action. People might not like the way we are doing it … but to say that we are not actually taking action because we don’t have some sort of market mechanism that certain sides of politics prefer, we are actually getting the job done.”

But she said there was “no question” that climate change was affecting regional areas and had exacerbated the drought.

The deputy prime minister Michael McCormack also defended the government’s climate change position, saying the government was doing “important things”, while acknowledging there was community anxiety.

“As it gets drier, the fact is that many Australians are worried, but we don’t need to catastrophise things either,” McCormack said.


https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nge-policy


Gold gold gold for Australia!!

Fuk all of youse who reckon Straya can't win anything anymore


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7749
Sensible Stephen wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


They are a disgrace. Nero watching Rome burn etc. Fuk them.

I am still amazed that these fucknuckles got elected.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am
Posts: 4077
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
McCormack is definitely a dead politician walking




Better than Barnaby, shirley.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:58 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am
Posts: 2700
ElementFreak wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


They are a disgrace. Nero watching Rome burn etc. Fuk them.

I am still amazed that these fucknuckles got elected.


So was I after the whole Dutton failed coup thing.

Problem is Labor is piss weak with crap politicians too. We need some fresh, talented blood in parliament.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
wamberal99 wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
McCormack is definitely a dead politician walking




Better than Barnaby, shirley.


For us maybe but he is hated by his constituents - did you not see him get told to grow a spine by farmers?

Joyce had them in his hand


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17068
Location: Adelaide via Sydney and Patea
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Problem is Labor is piss weak with crap politicians too. We need some fresh, talented blood in parliament.


Young Turks...or Year Zero, Khmer Rouge style?

Image


Last edited by Taranaki Snapper on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 pm
Posts: 4687
Location: Chukity - puck!!!
I don't return to Oz often, but watching these fat ancient talking heads on every channel say it is too early to blame climate change, the jury is out, we should leave it to the experts... da fcuk Australia?!! When did these fat old whores take over Australia, Bolt, Jones, Kenny, Izzy? Bunch of old farts, spouting christian values!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:50 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
The Optimist wrote:
I don't return to Oz often, but watching these fat ancient talking heads on every channel say it is too early to blame climate change, the jury is out, we should leave it to the experts... da fcuk Australia?!! When did these fat old whores take over Australia, Bolt, Jones, Kenny, Izzy? Bunch of old farts, spouting christian values!!!!


Segued in around 2002/3

It's like and infestation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12418
Location: Coalfalls
Sensible Stephen wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


They are a disgrace. Nero watching Rome burn etc. Fuk them.

I am still amazed that these fucknuckles got elected.


So was I after the whole Dutton failed coup thing.

Problem is Labor is piss weak with crap politicians too. We need some fresh, talented blood in parliament.

I'm easily pleased. Blood in Parliament - litre upon litre - would be sufficient.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2565
Sensible Stephen wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


They are a disgrace. Nero watching Rome burn etc. Fuk them.

I am still amazed that these fucknuckles got elected.


So was I after the whole Dutton failed coup thing.

Problem is Labor is piss weak with crap politicians too. We need some fresh, talented blood in parliament.

So true. When I look at TV panel shows I often think 'that person should in politics' but what force is going to get them there? Politics is like a lower-middle-management convention micromanaged by zealots.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2565
MungoMan wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


They are a disgrace. Nero watching Rome burn etc. Fuk them.

I am still amazed that these fucknuckles got elected.


So was I after the whole Dutton failed coup thing.

Problem is Labor is piss weak with crap politicians too. We need some fresh, talented blood in parliament.

I'm easily pleased. Blood in Parliament - litre upon litre - would be sufficient.

It's usually conservatives who want fresh blood. Old, wrinkled conservatives. The Tories in Britain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37308
Location: Dublin
Folks.

What is needed to trigger a motion of no confidence in the House of Representatives?

And is it likely following the latest events?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6805
Location: Plum
iarmhiman wrote:
Folks.

What is needed to trigger a motion of no confidence in the House of Representatives?

And is it likely following the latest events?


No. Unless Murdoch turns on the government, they're fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am
Posts: 4077
Bindi wrote:

No. Unless Murdoch turns on the government, they're fine.



Not necessarily. The Oz is starting to make slow, tentative steps, towards a more rational stance on climate change.


The ALP has won government before in the face of opposition from Newscorpse, and they can do it again, especially if Uncle Rupert decides to be a bit less aggressive.



If the science is correct, things are going to continue to deteriorate. Even our age's Midas will get swept away, and he is smart enough to know that (as are his kiddies).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37308
Location: Dublin
The climate has been particularly weird this year.

Positive IOD this year . If that becomes a negative spring 2020 along with an La Nina and negative SAM then there could be flooding next Spring. It often happen where extreme drought is followed by too much rain a year later


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12418
Location: Coalfalls
Re Scummo: if the US is in truth claiming credit for killing Iranian Quds Force boss Qassem Suleimani (plus sundry Iraqi figures), will he be smart enough to stfu?

I just have to think that right now would be an epically shite time to second-hand sabre rattle, pledge support to the US fight against global nastiness etc etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2565
wamberal99 wrote:
Bindi wrote:

No. Unless Murdoch turns on the government, they're fine.



Not necessarily. The Oz is starting to make slow, tentative steps, towards a more rational stance on climate change.


The ALP has won government before in the face of opposition from Newscorpse, and they can do it again, especially if Uncle Rupert decides to be a bit less aggressive.



If the science is correct, things are going to continue to deteriorate. Even our age's Midas will get swept away, and he is smart enough to know that (as are his kiddies).


His kiddies are reputedly centrists. Imagine being in that family. I suppose the money makes it easier.

What did you do in the war, daddy?
Oh, I put in place politicians who'd ensure the world is destroyed in your lifetime.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am
Posts: 4077
Not sure that both are centrists. Which of them is now running Faux News?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12999
Location: Melbourne
I have to laugh. I am a swinging voter, having voted for both Labour and National in the past in New Zealand.

As a New Zealand and Canadian dual citizen I can't even vote here.

But it is funny to see the Herald Sun run nothing but positive news about ScoMo's leadership even when Blind Freddy can see he's made a cvnt of himself on several occasions.

News Limited has really turned itself into the Liberal Party Press hasn't it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12999
Location: Melbourne
Sensible Stephen wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
So we don't need to "catastrophise" things now (is there such a word): we have to wait until there is a real catastrophe.


Fark me. The yokels are running things.


They are a disgrace. Nero watching Rome burn etc. Fuk them.

I am still amazed that these fucknuckles got elected.


So was I after the whole Dutton failed coup thing.

Problem is Labor is piss weak with crap politicians too. We need some fresh, talented blood in parliament.


The young Turks don't want to live in Canberra. Or leave their families to do so five days a week.

It's a lifestyle thing. You can do it in NZ.

You're welcome.

(c) Jdogscoop Analysis.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 16868
Location: Perth
The Optimist wrote:
I think Australia is the Lucky Country, we have so many gifts, we just don't have many politicians with a brain cell. Or citizens wise enough to vote in a decent person. My kingdom for a leader with wisdom that will invest in a sustainable future.

It could be worse... we could be America, or the UK. BTW check if Jacinda has an Aussie grandparent.


The term ‘the lucky country’ was at its inception supposed to be an insult. Of course, we took it as a complement.... :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am
Posts: 4077
towny wrote:
The term ‘the lucky country’ was at its inception supposed to be an insult. Of course, we took it as a complement.... :blush:



Donald Horne wrote the book ("The Lucky Country") in 1964. Anybody who thinks the phrase is a compliment has not read it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:11 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
Scomo's Team thought it was appropriate to Tweet this today.....

Image

:?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3151
The guy is a train wreck, his own party local pollies are telling him to fudge off and he still doesn't get it. Also liked the shade Julie Bishop threw at him as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:31 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 5138
She must be gutted she bailed.

I'm hearing rumours of a Porter Putsch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26661
Location: Queensland
Morrison copping an absolute serve on Twitter for his political ad that was released yesterday. When questioned about it today in a press conference he became extremely defensive, claimed it was important that Australians be kept informed about what the federal govt is doing, and also said it cost nothing to make because it was created by his office. I'd argue that if the ad was designed to promote his cause, then it's done the exact opposite - just the latest in a long string of bushfire related gaffes by this Prime Minister.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602 ... 625  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], duke, Jay Cee Gee, Kiwias, Mick Mannock, Monkey Magic, Nolanator, Oxbow, Pat the Ex Mat, Pole, rabble, Rumham, Saint, Sensible Stephen, tabascoboy, The Sun God, UncleFB and 100 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group