Chat Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616 ... 625  Next

Whos Going to Lead the Labor Rabble
Albo 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Plibbers 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Bowen 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Chalmers 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Uncle Tony 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Clive Palmer 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
George Smith 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:46 am 

Crazy Ed wrote:
Bump
In case anybody wants to congratulate the PM/cabinet for taking the required steps at saving a lot of business's.

It is indeed a big step. Unprecedented magnitude.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:57 am 

kiap wrote:
Crazy Ed wrote:
Bump
In case anybody wants to congratulate the PM/cabinet for taking the required steps at saving a lot of business's.

Thankfully that idiot Morrison listened to Combe and McManus. He’s still acing weeks later than what he should be.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:58 am 

Crazy Ed wrote:
Bump

The most recent economic stimulus package is a very good step, but weeks too late. So many workers could have been saved the pain of being sacked if the govt had moved earlier, but better late than never.

As an aside, My understanding is that not a cent of stimulus money has reached the pocket of an individual yet. The first one off $550 payments are being deposited today or tomorrow. That's an unbelievably slow response to the global economic meltdown. So we have had three separate economic stimulus's announced but the first package still hasn't reached the public yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 am 

Victoria bans sales of firearms and ammo :shock:

Others to follow before Dutton's private army marches onto the street?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:11 am 

freewheelan wrote:
kiap wrote:
Crazy Ed wrote:
Bump

Thankfully that idiot Morrison listened to Combe and McManus. He’s still acing weeks later than what he should be.

The economic response is good. Measures to combat the pandemic itself have been ramshackle.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:16 am 

kiwinoz wrote:

A public health direction in Qld that came into force on, IIRC, midnight Sunday night declares licensed armourers, licensed weapons dealers and licensed sellers of ammunition as non-essential businesses, but with exceptions relating to work / sales etc on behalf of or to the armed services, police, vets, feral animal controllers, etc, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:18 am 

Need a laugh?

https://junkee.com/andrew-tiktok-duke-dumont/249167

This breaks me every time :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:38 am 

MungoMan wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

A public health direction in Qld that came into force on, IIRC, midnight Sunday night declares licensed armourers, licensed weapons dealers and licensed sellers of ammunition as non-essential businesses, but with exceptions relating to work / sales etc on behalf of or to the armed services, police, vets, feral animal controllers, etc, etc.

Fair enough as the ranges are closed but I can still go to gunshop buy ammo or even a firearm (if I had a permit) I just cant take it away from there.

Anyway Dutton's brown shirts may not be that far away. They have that look about them

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:03 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Need a laugh?

:twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:07 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

Fair enough as the ranges are closed but I can still go to gunshop buy ammo or even a firearm (if I had a permit) I just cant take it away from there.

Anyway Dutton's brown shirts may not be that far away. They have that look about them

Spoiler: show

I think he was saying how high his plants at home were. For personal use only of course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:16 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

The direction applies to suppliers, not buyers. Unless you’re a potential buyer as listed below, the businesses to which the direction applies cannot lawfully supply you.

A licensed armourer, licensed dealer or authority holder may store, manufacture, modify, repair, acquire or supply weapons or ammunition to, for or on behalf of:

Commonwealth, State or Territory military or police organisations; or

the holder of a security licence (organisation) or a security licence (guard) issued under the Weapons Act 1990; or

international military, defence or security organisations; or

the following persons who require or use a weapon for occupational purposes relating to primary production, animal welfare, nature conservation or pest management:
a primary producer, as defined under subsection 995-1(1) of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cth), able to produce a Queensland firearms licence bearing one or more of the following condition codes – PPA, PP2, PP3, PP4, PP5, PP6, PPH; or
a commercial pest controller or feral animal controller who is:
authorised to undertake vertebrate pest (vermin) control on rural land; and
able to produce a Queensland Firearms licence bearing one or more of the following condition codes – FCA, FC2, FA3, FA4, FA5, FA6, FAH; or

the holder of a lethal damage mitigation permit under the Nature Conservation Act 1992; or
a veterinary surgeon, as defined under the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1936 for animal welfare purposes; or

an authorised biosecurity officer for animal welfare purposes; or
wildlife rangers using weapons for activities including pest control and crocodile management under exemption no. 71003924; or

a shark control contractor authorised under the Queensland Fisheries Act 1994; or

a person with a valid current macropod harvesting licence under the Nature Conservation Act 1992

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:13 am 

Anyone left in Bali is gettin' outta Dodge.

Indonesia is in a risky position.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-w ... s-c-900283

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:24 am 

Was thinking about buying ammunition for a while but given that I have only had to shoot 5 things in the last 10 years I have decided my stocks are sufficient. Will change a bit if we go back to slaughtering our own animals but i guess I'll eat the sheep first.
I'll have to watch "No country for old men" again to work out the bolt gun design if it all goes to shit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:27 am 

kiap wrote:

My company wanted 2 volunteers to do a gig in Indonesia starting 2 weeks ago we all said no thanks instantly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:31 am 

kiap wrote:

You'd have to think that if COVID-19 becomes embedded in Indonesia, that many, many people will lose their lives. The place is a shit hole and its health system is completely dysfunctional on a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am 

kiap wrote:

Direct flights from Wuhan only cancelled in early Feb, highly likely it's been there all along.

People from WA still going to Bali as late as last week. They really need to be able to charge idiots like that for the forced 14 day quarantine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:19 am 

kiap wrote:

My pair of twenty-somethings fly out Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:24 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
kiap wrote:

You'd have to think that if COVID-19 becomes embedded in Indonesia, that many, many people will lose their lives. The place is a shit hole and its health system is completely dysfunctional on a good day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am 

Twiggy to the rescue in WA again

Quote:
MINDEROO FOUNDATION ANNOUNCE UP TO $160 MILLION TO FIGHT COVID-19

Minderoo Foundation has committed up to $160 million and joined forces with Fortescue Metals Group (FMG) to procure and distribute lifesaving medical supplies and equipment, and to ramp up accurate RNA-based COVID-19 testing by at least 20 times.

The first plane of critical medical supplies from the world’s largest producer, China, is to depart from Shanghai today (Australian Western Standard Time). Minderoo Foundation has arranged the charter of the Airbus A330, operated by China Eastern, that will touch down in Perth after a 10-hour flight.

Aiming to resolve Australia’s extreme shortage of PPE (personal protective equipment), two more flights are due to arrive on Friday and Saturday this week, together bringing more than 600 cubic meters weighing over 90 tonnes of medical supplies. This will include over 1 million N95 equivalent face masks, 400,000 surgical masks, 2.3 million medical-grade gloves, 100,000 nasal swabs, 200,000 medical coveralls, 10,000 medical goggles, 5,000 touch-less thermometers and over 33 ICU grade ventilators.

Minderoo Foundation Chairman Dr Andrew Forrest AO said FMG’s deep and enduring relationships with China are unparalleled in Australia. This allowed Minderoo Foundation to supercharge procurement efforts, on behalf of and in collaboration with the Western Australian and Federal Governments.

“Unprecedented times cannot be met with a precedented response,” Dr Forrest said. “The trusted relationships, procurement expertise and logistics knowledge of the FMG and Minderoo Foundation teams, have been fundamental in rapidly securing this vital equipment.

“Our nation is facing a threat not seen in our lifetimes.

“China’s Ambassador to Australia, His Excellency Ambassador Cheng, and the Chinese people have been great mates to Australia. They are now doing all they can to help us in our hour of need. I thank the People’s Republic of China for protecting our critical medical orders in the face of intense pressure from other nations. Without this, there would be no plane loads of equipment that we celebrate today for our first responders and suffering Australians.”

Minderoo Foundation Co-chair Nicola Forrest AO said the equitable distribution of the supplies would be coordinated with WA Health across key stakeholders in primary and aged care, private and public hospital systems and other front-line services based on the areas of greatest need.

“We are working with the WA Government, the Australian Medical Association (AMA), WA’s private hospitals, National COVID-19 Coordination Commission, National Incident Room and Aspen Medical to determine how we can best meet projected surges in demand for critical supplies,” she said.

Dr Forrest said: “Our task has been to take the uncertainty and panic about the lack of sufficient medical equipment and COVID-19 testing out of the system. In collaboration with the Western Australian and Federal Governments, and the National COVID Coordination Commission, we will not stop until we achieve that. And we will never ever give up until we can look back on, and not be living through, this COVID-19 threat.”

WA Health Minister Roger Cook thanked Minderoo Foundation and FMG for their “extraordinary support” in finding these “incredibly difficult to obtain supplies” for WA’s broader health system, other stakeholders and frontline staff. Mr Cook confirmed that “rigorous quality control measures have been established to ensure all supplies meet required Australian safety and clinical standards.”

“To allow this generous commitment to continue to scale, the WA Government will reimburse Minderoo Foundation at cost for the supplies purchased so that Minderoo Foundation can further leverage its incredible commitment of up to $160 million over the coming weeks and continue to source these critical medical supplies for Australia,” Mr Cook said.

Minderoo Foundation’s urgent response to the pandemic also involves rapidly scaling WA’s capacity to undertake broad scale testing of the community. A detailed plan to scale the number of accurate RNA-based diagnostic COVID-19 tests being undertaken in Western Australia from 400 per day up to 10,000 has been prepared and will be implemented shortly. Minderoo Foundation is working with BGI Genomics, Clinipath Pathology, the Harry Perkins Institute, the AMA and WA Health in this effort.

Dr Forrest said: “Those countries that have radically scaled testing have contained the virus and avoided untold human and economic hardship. Those who didn’t, have suffered badly. To fight this virus we too must quickly identify infected individuals in the community, trace their contacts and ensure isolation and containment. I am very grateful to our partners for their immense effort in making this happen with us.”

The Minderoo Foundation COVID-19 Response is being led by senior executive Dr Steve Burnell, supported by the entire Minderoo Foundation and FMG teams, in particular the dedicated FMG team in China.

In a message to all Australians, Dr Forrest stressed the importance of following the latest guidance on social distancing and staying at home.

“Our decisions, I trust like yours, are being driven by love, family, community, care and compassion, and never fear.” he said. “We all must protect our vulnerable just as we all protect our families. We are in this together, and it is together that we will defeat this virus.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:08 pm 

Sundy wrote:
Twiggy to the rescue in WA again

Equipment to WA first, then surplus equipment will be sent to other Australian states who need it.

Better than wasting time on Rugby Australia, fer sure.

... 1+ million N95 equivalent face masks, 400,000 surgical masks, 2.3 million medical-grade gloves, 100,000 nasal swabs, 200,000 medical coveralls, 10,000 medical goggles, 5000 touch-less thermometers and over 33 intensive care unit-grade ventilators. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 pm 

It's good to see our Chinese made mining billionaires using their business links to assist the community. I'm a bit sceptical of Twiggy's PR machine but it certainly looks like everybody means well and dare I say it Australia will need good relationships with a vibrant Chinese economy to pay the bills for at least the next 5-10 years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:53 pm 

Let's hope that China-sourced gear is not shoddy - I raised that question a couple days ago / on the previous page. Latest:

Australia seizes faulty coronavirus protective equipment imported from China

Exclusive by defence correspondent Andrew Greene
    Updated 32 minutes ago

Authorities have begun seizing Chinese-made faulty face masks and other protective clothing that is being exported to Australia to help halt the spread of coronavirus.

Key points:
    • An official has dubbed some of the intercepted Chinese personal protective equipment "dodgy"
    • Spain, Turkey and the Netherlands have rejected Chinese-made protective equipment
    • Australia has banned face masks, gloves, gowns, goggles, alcohol wipes and hand sanitiser exports

The ABC has learnt that in recent weeks, Australian Border Force (ABF) officers have intercepted several deliveries of personal protective equipment (PPE) that have been found to be counterfeit or otherwise faulty.

One law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, estimated the ABF had already seized 800,000 masks with a combined value of more than $1.2 million on the Australian market.

"We started seeing this stuff arriving roughly three weeks ago when news of the pandemic was really taking off," the official told the ABC. "The dodgy material is coming via air cargo because there is a backlog of sea freight at Australian ports."

The official stressed that not all Chinese products were considered faulty, and other imports of PPE from China were still passing Australian regulations.

yada yada yada: show
    The ABC has approached the Department of Home Affairs and the Minister for Home Affairs for comment. The Department refused to comment and the ABC is yet to receive a response from the Minister's office.

The Federal Government on Wednesday officially banned the exporting of protective equipment such as masks, gloves and gowns from Australia during the coronavirus outbreak. It foreshadowed the plan last week, and Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton and Health Minister Greg Hunt have now signed off on the new regulations.

New rules are also stopping people buying up supplies of protective equipment to then resell locally at an inflated price. It has also sought to boost supply by opening up the nation's emergency medical stockpile and increasing domestic production.

In Victoria, Army personnel have been deployed to manufacturer Med-Con to help double the factory's production of face masks.

Several European governments have rejected Chinese-made equipment designed to combat the coronavirus outbreak in recent days. Thousands of testing kits and medical masks are below standard or defective, according to authorities in Spain, Turkey and the Netherlands.

The Dutch health ministry announced it had recalled 600,000 face masks on March 28. The equipment arrived from a Chinese manufacturer on March 21 and had already been distributed to frontline medical teams. Dutch officials said the masks did not fit and their filters did not work as intended, even though they had a quality certificate.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying has rejected suggestions the country's exports were faulty.

"A large number of Chinese manufacturers are working around the clock to help other countries save lives," she said on Tuesday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-01/ ... d/12085908

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:13 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Need a laugh?

https://www.tiktok.com/@joelbushby/vide ... 1418729734

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:05 am 

Interesting situation on Norfolk island. 12 people have tested positive and are meant to be self isolating. They aren't so the entire island will be lockdown and the AFP will be sending a team over to monitor. Norfolk Islanders have asked to know who is positive and not isolating so they could avoid and make sure they stayed at home but have been told that due to privacy they wont be told but everyone must adhere to the lockdown. How to piss off an entire community.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:41 am 

kiap wrote:
Let's hope that China-sourced gear is not shoddy - I raised that question a couple days ago / on the previous page. Latest:

Australia seizes faulty coronavirus protective equipment imported from China

Exclusive by defence correspondent Andrew Greene
    Updated 32 minutes ago

Authorities have begun seizing Chinese-made faulty face masks and other protective clothing that is being exported to Australia to help halt the spread of coronavirus.

Key points:
    • An official has dubbed some of the intercepted Chinese personal protective equipment "dodgy"
    • Spain, Turkey and the Netherlands have rejected Chinese-made protective equipment
    • Australia has banned face masks, gloves, gowns, goggles, alcohol wipes and hand sanitiser exports

The ABC has learnt that in recent weeks, Australian Border Force (ABF) officers have intercepted several deliveries of personal protective equipment (PPE) that have been found to be counterfeit or otherwise faulty.

One law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, estimated the ABF had already seized 800,000 masks with a combined value of more than $1.2 million on the Australian market.

"We started seeing this stuff arriving roughly three weeks ago when news of the pandemic was really taking off," the official told the ABC. "The dodgy material is coming via air cargo because there is a backlog of sea freight at Australian ports."

The official stressed that not all Chinese products were considered faulty, and other imports of PPE from China were still passing Australian regulations.

yada yada yada: show
    The ABC has approached the Department of Home Affairs and the Minister for Home Affairs for comment. The Department refused to comment and the ABC is yet to receive a response from the Minister's office.

The Federal Government on Wednesday officially banned the exporting of protective equipment such as masks, gloves and gowns from Australia during the coronavirus outbreak. It foreshadowed the plan last week, and Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton and Health Minister Greg Hunt have now signed off on the new regulations.

New rules are also stopping people buying up supplies of protective equipment to then resell locally at an inflated price. It has also sought to boost supply by opening up the nation's emergency medical stockpile and increasing domestic production.

In Victoria, Army personnel have been deployed to manufacturer Med-Con to help double the factory's production of face masks.

Several European governments have rejected Chinese-made equipment designed to combat the coronavirus outbreak in recent days. Thousands of testing kits and medical masks are below standard or defective, according to authorities in Spain, Turkey and the Netherlands.

The Dutch health ministry announced it had recalled 600,000 face masks on March 28. The equipment arrived from a Chinese manufacturer on March 21 and had already been distributed to frontline medical teams. Dutch officials said the masks did not fit and their filters did not work as intended, even though they had a quality certificate.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying has rejected suggestions the country's exports were faulty.

"A large number of Chinese manufacturers are working around the clock to help other countries save lives," she said on Tuesday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-01/ ... d/12085908

Definitely an issue and all the equipment is being checked by WA health officials. Any below standard is being returned to china. I suspect considering the publicity around this, sub par equipment won't be supplied.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:55 am 

Okay, can someone please explain to me how every single other professional and amateur sport in Australia is closed down except Horse Racing? Seriously, wtf?!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:07 am 

Midgets aren't people under Australian law so don't need to self isolate I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:16 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Okay, can someone please explain to me how every single other professional and amateur sport in Australia is closed down except Horse Racing? Seriously, wtf?!

It's a complete joke but shows the power the bookies have over the government

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:38 pm 

Crazy Ed wrote:
Midgets aren't people under Australian law so don't need to self isolate I guess.

Dwarfs and gingers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:
People's thoughts on the government's $130 billion wage subsidy announcement today?

1. This was announced too late. Labor has been pushing for it for weeks and the UK and NZ + other countries jumped onto it almost immediately. By the time the announcement was made, the company I work for has had 4 weeks of massively falling sales. We had already made close to 100 workers redundant. Now there are a 100 additional people queuing at 1.5 metres apart outside Centrelink.

2. The process to bring back into the company, the workers that were made redundant is too hard. We've paid notice, redundancy and leave entitlements, as well as PAYG to the ATO. Unwinding this is a farking nightmare and the easiest option is to leave them unemployed.

3. The $1,500 is for a fortnight's wage and is pre-tax. It is a flat rate regardless of how much you currently earn. Therefore you could have someone doing 20 hours a week earning $400 a fortnight. They will get $1,500. At the same time, you could have someone on $65,000 a year (the average wage?) and they will only get $1,500. I suspect that the Govt did it this way to make it easier to administer, but we have a super duper Single Touch Payroll system that reports almost live data to the ATO so they know how much people actually earn. Therefore they could easily pay as a % or earnings capped at $x.

4. The $1,500 per fortnight is $39,000 per year pre-tax. It also doesn't attract super. I don't know about you guys but I cannot feed the mouths under my roof for this amount.

5. The cash for this is not expected to flow until May. This means that businesses have to find the cashflow for a month at the minimum to keep this going. I'm guessing that due to the demand, cash won't be seen until the end of May as their systems will be overwhelmed.

6. Casuals aren't covered unless they've worked 12 months. Most visa types aren't covered. Thankfully they cover the Kiwis working with me.

7. There isn't a lot of information out there about how to apply this payment. There's confusion about whether it simply represents a direct payment or whether it is a wage subsidy. Based on whatever guidance is out there, it seems to be a mixture of the above depending on whether you are stood down or keep on working. If treated as a subsidy, a business can make its employees take leave and keep the subsidy. While it's cashflow neutral, this benefits the company from a balance sheet perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:44 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:

Ask your beloved league boss(NSW), he runs it.
Absolute piece of shit character.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
Australia - still not in lockdown but saying all the lockdown stuff.

Why are they dilly dallying? They’ve basically given “strong advice” to do what NZ has one and left it up to an honour system.

This. The longer they leave this, the longer the pain is from a health, social and economic perspective. And Morrison is talking about 6 months of this. Let's just lock down and get it over with.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:13 pm 

NSW Catholic Schools have now decided to have 4 pupil free days next week, which effectively means that school is over for the term, and they get around the veiled threats made by Morrison to withhold future funding.

Not sure what NSW Public Schools are doing but I suspect something similar as the Catholic Schools ran this by NSW Education first.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:02 pm 

So now most countries are saying you should be wearing face masks. Aussie govt are in space trying to find north.

Are there any redeeming qualities about the Chinese? I am fast becoming a racist. Americans are no better, have covered themselves in shit and called it 'Eau de Trump'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:07 am 

If this is accurate then we are f@#ked. No non essential business will survive under current circumstances until Oct/Nov

Quote:
Australians can expect to be cooped up in isolation until summer, based on yet-to-be-released modelling that reveals the number of hospitalised coronavirus cases won’t peak until the end of October.

The modelling, presented to intensive care consultants and seen by news.com.au, shows strict social distancing measures will halve the number of infections in NSW compared to what would have happened without the shutdown.

If not for the restrictions, the rate of transmission would have been much more aggressive and hospitalisations would have peaked in July.

The modelling shows that, with less interference from the government, there would have been a peak of 450 hospitalised cases for every 100,000 people in NSW, with the virus spreading in the community at a rate of 2.4.

With social distancing, the data shows the peak will now be late October, with 180 hospitalised cases per 100,000 people at a reproduction rate of 1.6.

The modelling shows social distancing measures are effective at flattening the curve and many fewer people will get infected, but also suggests Australia will be fighting the virus for a longer period than many expected.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy ... 5b6a51ba05

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:30 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
If this is accurate then we are f@#ked. No non essential business will survive under current circumstances until Oct/Nov

I'm starting to think we are f**ked regardless, and all the billions of economic stimulus will do is to simply prolong the inevitable. State and Federal Governments will soon stop paying their employees. Utilities and services will stop and by June/July it will be law of the jungle and survival of the fittest. No electricity, no water, no police. Civil society as we know it will cease. I need to buy some guns and a shitload of amo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:40 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

I'm starting to think we are f**ked regardless, and all the billions of economic stimulus will do is to simply prolong the inevitable. State and Federal Governments will soon stop paying their employees. Utilities and services will stop and by June/July it will be law of the jungle and survival of the fittest. No electricity, no water, no police. Civil society as we know it will cease. I need to buy some guns and a shitload of amo.
You could always move back to New Zealand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:47 am 

Muttonbirds wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

You could always move back to New Zealand.

I'm not convinced that NZ would be immune from the global economic meltdown that would result from a prolonged COVID-19 lockdown. If civil society in Australia was to collapse, I think the same thing would happen in NZ.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:51 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:52 am 

kiap wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

:lol:

What's the reference to Cape Town?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616 ... 625  Next