Anthony Joshua

All things Rugby
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 9721
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by booji boy »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:06 pm Chisora v Parker

This is PPV :lol:
I gave up on Parker fights some time ago. I remember one bout where a poster commented "I feel ripped off and I streamed it for free!" :lol:
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 42446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Shame there are no worthy opponents for Taylor
User avatar
maverickmak
Posts: 5749
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by maverickmak »

This is getting close!
User avatar
maverickmak
Posts: 5749
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by maverickmak »

Good scrap. Taylor made to work for it.

By 2, 1 and 1!
User avatar
JB1981
Posts: 7487
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Location: NZ

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by JB1981 »

I’m only following the Parker fight on Stuff. Two rounds in it sounds like more of the same from him. Two rounds lost, being roughed up (Chisora warned for punching to the back of the head) and Parker complaining. He lacks a mean steak and ability to cope with the dark arts. This isn’t amateur boxing.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 42446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Anonymous 1 »

parker coming into it now
User avatar
Frodder
Posts: 11773
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Frodder »

Parker is finished if he loses this
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 21203
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Enzedder »

Chisora is blowing hard (and not in the nice way)
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 21203
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Enzedder »

I am not sure Parker has a knock-out punch in him here
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 42446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Parker should be beating Chisora easier than this. Parker should have bitten down on his gumshield and worked harder from 4th round. He would have had Chisora out of there before 10 rounds
User avatar
maverickmak
Posts: 5749
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by maverickmak »

Tough one to call, but Parker might have just done enough.
User avatar
Ted.
Posts: 18737
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Ted. »

Nah, he needs any form of KO now,. He's shat the bed.
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 21203
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Enzedder »

Great start to round 12 from Chisora

I'm giving this one to him already
User avatar
Ted.
Posts: 18737
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Ted. »

Parker had Chisora on the ropes but didn't unload

duncan.johnston
I think that pretty much sums up Parker.
User avatar
maverickmak
Posts: 5749
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by maverickmak »

Coin flip.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 42446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Another fight where Parker looks fresher than the other guy yet wants to hold more and just won't go to work.
User avatar
Enzedder
Posts: 21203
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Enzedder »

WTF was that 116-111 score.

bent much?

Parker gets the nod
Eugenius
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Eugenius »

Extremely lucky there .

Just can’t seem to finish tired opponents.
User avatar
Monkey Magic
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Monkey Magic »

Eugenius wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 am Extremely lucky there .

Just can’t seem to finish tired opponents.
Exactly, what's the point in taking guys the distance if you can't actually take advantage when they blowing out their arse

Think that's the last if the 3 fight Hearn deal as well, can anyone see him getting any more big fights after this?
obelixtim
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by obelixtim »

Good fight, but I think Chisora could rightly feel ripped off. He certainly won more than 3 rounds. Parker had petrol in the tank that he didn't use. Still it was a better fight from him than anything he achieved under Kevin Barry.
User avatar
JB1981
Posts: 7487
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Location: NZ

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by JB1981 »

Monkey Magic wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:16 am
Eugenius wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 am Extremely lucky there .

Just can’t seem to finish tired opponents.
Exactly, what's the point in taking guys the distance if you can't actually take advantage when they blowing out their arse

Think that's the last if the 3 fight Hearn deal as well, can anyone see him getting any more big fights after this?
He got lucky but it was another fight that felt like a frustrating cricket chase where you watch your side let the required run rate grow while keeping wickets in hand but thinking, we’ve got no big hitters if we need that near the end.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 42446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ruiz v Arreola

Glad Ruiz is finally taking training seriously. Wish Arreola would give it away

http://www.usagoals.video/c/boxing/boxi ... arreola/1/
Last edited by Anonymous 1 on Sun May 02, 2021 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 20859
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by CrazyIslander »

Parker is the sort if fighter that fights to be the level of his opponent. He doesn't actually dictate the fight. If they attack jim he'd counter in equal measure. If they hang off him, he'd hang back too.
Not a confident fighter.
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by jambanja »

booji boy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:15 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:06 pm Chisora v Parker

This is PPV :lol:
I gave up on Parker fights some time ago. I remember one bout where a poster commented "I feel ripped off and I streamed it for free!" :lol:
Exactly how I felt today, I think that Chisora can be justifiably pissed off, especially when you consider he had a 10-8 in the first round, the score of 16-11 was just nuts and those sorts of scores continue to dog heavyweight boxing and the sport is worse off for them
What sealed it for me, Parker had Chisora in the last round and backed off, even the commentators were baffled.
User avatar
RuggaBugga
Posts: 13023
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by RuggaBugga »

Just caught the fight.

Parker not going for the kill in the 12th was just bizarre. I'd go so far as to say it was suspect. No knockout with the bookies?

I have no idea why you wouldn't unload on a guy standing there dazed with his arms down.

Anyway Parker just doesn't have the goods. Fight could've gone either way, I was more inclined to give to Chisora.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 9721
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by booji boy »

Haven't seen the fight. Kevin Barry coped a lot of flack for Parker's lack of progress and development as a boxer. Did Parker show any signs of improvement under his new coach or was it just the same old same old?
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 42446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Anonymous 1 »

booji boy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:18 pm Haven't seen the fight. Kevin Barry coped a lot of flack for Parker's lack of progress and development as a boxer. Did Parker show any signs of improvement under his new coach or was it just the same old same old?
Chisora is an old man who was never any good and seemed to be unfit and came in quite heavy. Chisora was there to be taken out after 6 or 7 rounds yet Parker didn't want to bite down on his gumshield and go for the KO. If parker had the heart/devil he would deserve to be at a higher level but he is a C lister
User avatar
RuggaBugga
Posts: 13023
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by RuggaBugga »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:14 pm
booji boy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:18 pm Haven't seen the fight. Kevin Barry coped a lot of flack for Parker's lack of progress and development as a boxer. Did Parker show any signs of improvement under his new coach or was it just the same old same old?
Chisora is an old man who was never any good and seemed to be unfit and came in quite heavy. Chisora was there to be taken out after 6 or 7 rounds yet Parker didn't want to bite down on his gumshield and go for the KO. If parker had the heart/devil he would deserve to be at a higher level but he is a C lister
This.

Not to mention he was floored by a no look looping overhand right after 10 whole seconds.
User avatar
Tehui
Posts: 16641
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Tehui »

Didn't see the fight. Parker just doesn't have enough power to seriously trouble the top level HWs.

When is Tyson Fury fighting next?
Mick Mannock
Posts: 26463
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Mick Mannock »

Tehui wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 am Didn't see the fight. Parker just doesn't have enough power to seriously trouble the top level HWs.

When is Tyson Fury fighting next?
Parker has nothing that distinguishes him.
Not particularly quick.
Average feet.
Not a devastating puncher.

He does seem to take a punch well though.
User avatar
Tehui
Posts: 16641
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Tehui »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:27 am
Tehui wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 am Didn't see the fight. Parker just doesn't have enough power to seriously trouble the top level HWs.

When is Tyson Fury fighting next?
Parker has nothing that distinguishes him.
Not particularly quick.
Average feet.
Not a devastating puncher.

He does seem to take a punch well though.
Agree with all of that.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 9721
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by booji boy »

Tehui wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:37 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:27 am
Tehui wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 am Didn't see the fight. Parker just doesn't have enough power to seriously trouble the top level HWs.

When is Tyson Fury fighting next?
Parker has nothing that distinguishes him.
Not particularly quick.
Average feet.
Not a devastating puncher.

He does seem to take a punch well though.
Agree with all of that.
So you two are basically saying that Joseph Parker is the boxing equivalent of Reuben Thorne?
Mick Mannock
Posts: 26463
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Mick Mannock »

If boxing returned to 15 rounds, right now I would back Joe Joyce against almost anyone.

Unreal stamina.
Incredible punch resistance.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 42446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:44 pm If boxing returned to 15 rounds, right now I would back Joe Joyce against almost anyone.

Unreal stamina.
Incredible punch resistance.
:lol:
User avatar
RuggaBugga
Posts: 13023
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by RuggaBugga »

booji boy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 pm
Tehui wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:37 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:27 am
Tehui wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 am Didn't see the fight. Parker just doesn't have enough power to seriously trouble the top level HWs.

When is Tyson Fury fighting next?
Parker has nothing that distinguishes him.
Not particularly quick.
Average feet.
Not a devastating puncher.

He does seem to take a punch well though.
Agree with all of that.
So you two are basically saying that Joseph Parker is the boxing equivalent of Reuben Thorne?
No he's the PR equivalent of Mick Mannock
Mick Mannock
Posts: 26463
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Mick Mannock »

In the top 10.

I am happy with that :thumbup:
User avatar
Tehui
Posts: 16641
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Tehui »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:33 pm In the top 10.

I am happy with that :thumbup:
There's nothing that distinguishes you. Not particularly quick. Average feet. Not a devastating puncher. You take a punch well though.

:P
piquant
Posts: 9751
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by piquant »

Too stupid to stay down
Mick Mannock
Posts: 26463
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Anthony Joshua

Post by Mick Mannock »

piquant wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:52 am Too stupid to stay down
Not likely to be decked by you.
Post Reply