Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 205  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:17 pm 

I assume I'm late to the game on this but Mr. Inbetween is an easy watch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 pm 

Only a decade late but just finished The Wire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 am 

OttawaKat wrote:
I assume I'm late to the game on this but Mr. Inbetween is an easy watch.
Yeah really like that. S2 just started, which I wasnt expecting, but my DVR picked it up automatically.

Was quite difficult to track down, but finally managed to watch the original movie, The Magician - not bad, but not as good as the show

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:59 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
Watching the new Top Boy - couldn't forget how good season 1 was. This is no different, slightly disjointed but absolutely brilliant series.

Yeah binged it over the weekend - really brilliant. All set up for another season

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:02 am 

Top Boy is really well acted & the tone is great. The plot can be a bit simplistic & soapy and sometimes it strained realism.

I mean, they're having shootouts all over the place and CCTV never picks anything up? Even on a petrol station forecourt?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:35 am 

Preacher coming to an end now.
It's mad funny and irreverent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:22 am 

Ken Burns' Country Music was very well done. Last episode was the weakest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:34 pm 

MindHunter is really good so far.
Despite (or maybe not despite actually) its subject matter it's fairly pulpy and easy to watch.

It's not the heaviest hitting series out there, but it's good all round pulpy buddy cop serial killer stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:

:thumbup:

Enjoy it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:25 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:

Haven't watched it so far, don't know if I should bother?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:26 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Despite (or maybe not despite actually) its subject matter it's fairly pulpy and easy to watch.

It's not the heaviest hitting series out there, but it's good all round pulpy buddy cop serial killer stuff.

Couple of bits are pretty heavy going. Particularly in the earlier episodes I wasn't expecting such explicit pictures or descriptions of what the likes of Kemper did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:36 pm 

boere wors wrote:
Haven't watched it so far, don't know if I should bother?

Nolanator wrote:
:thumbup:

Enjoy it?

I did. I don't think it was as good as it was made out to be but it was still really good. Liked the bitter sweet ending although a little disappointed it didn't completely wrap things up for all the characters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:52 am 

Always Sunny is back
Season 14
Good first episode
Oh yes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:29 am 

British-aussie comedy FRAYED started off well, funny.. though the female lead looks like a dude in drag.. Mike for Mike and Molly has his own comedy, Bob loves Abisholu or something, pretty funny, i like...will download Luke Cage's EVIL later tonight..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:14 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Watching the new Top Boy - couldn't forget how good season 1 was. This is no different, slightly disjointed but absolutely brilliant series.

Yeah binged it over the weekend - really brilliant. All set up for another season

Finished it yesterday. During it I wondered what the point of a lot of stories or arcs were but they came together nicely. Brilliant viewing, well acted. Just started watching the very first season again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:59 pm 

Succession is the best thing on TV in years.

Do yourself a favour.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 pm 

Aotearaw wrote:

Do yourself a favour.

It really is

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:30 pm 

Finally managed to watch the last season of 'The Americans' (free trial of Amazon Prime, heh) what a great series that was. Very consistent all the way through and benefited from deciding to close the show rather than trying to keep it going as long as possible, though real history in the late 80s had an impact on that too. A shame that ITV treated it so badly and didn't put all the seasons on the main channel.

If you have access and haven't seen it - do yourself a favour!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:53 pm 

tabascoboy wrote:
Finally managed to watch the last season of 'The Americans' (free trial of Amazon Prime, heh) what a great series that was. Very consistent all the way through and benefited from deciding to close the show rather than trying to keep it going as long as possible, though real history in the late 80s had an impact on that too. A shame that ITV treated it so badly and didn't put all the seasons on the main channel.

If you have access and haven't seen it - do yourself a favour!

It's on netflix. I will give it a try, am looking for a new series to watch atm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:22 pm 

Undone is incredible. Must see if you like something a little different. 1st episode is kind to nothing, but thereafter it’s brilliant. Don’t even know how to describe it - cross between Primer and a severe mental breakdown. Also has Bob Odenkirk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:27 pm 

Cartman wrote:
Aotearaw wrote:

Do yourself a favour.

It really is

No, honestly, it really is...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:34 pm 

So the Righteous Gemstones is fairly mediocre 6 epidoes in.
Best/funniest thing about it is Edi Patterson, if they had her as the focus it'd be brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:03 pm 

Finally stuck back into Justified after someone here mentioned that it's on Prime. It's great. :thumbup:

Funny seeing a younger Chadwick Boseman appear In an episode as a stereotyped black drug dealer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:26 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

I thought it was even better than the earlier series. Some of the interviews they did with the killers were riveting. It must take a lot out of you to play such a role.

They did a lot more to develop the two lead characters and their own personal stories - and hasn't Holden Ford turned into an even more unbearable little pr*ck.

Not sure if I've mentioned it previously but I find the acting style in this show really interesting. The series is set in the late '70s early '80s and to me the often understated acting style is very reminiscent of films of that period.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 pm 

Maniototo Man wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I thought it was even better than the earlier series. Some of the interviews they did with the killers were riveting. It must take a lot out of you to play such a role.

They did a lot more to develop the two lead characters and their own personal stories - and hasn't Holden Ford turned into an even more unbearable little pr*ck.

Not sure if I've mentioned it previously but I find the acting style in this show really interesting. The series is set in the late '70s early '80s and to me the often understated acting style is very reminiscent of films of that period.

I dunno, I wouldn't put it anywhere near the likes of True Detective (season 1) or Narcos, but it's still high quality.
I'm only approaching the end of season 1, but Holden's definitely letting the work seep in and he is a bit of a jerk. Good character.

One thing I don't like, and it seems to really be overdone in cinema/tv at the moment, is period soundtracks blaring out almost constantly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:18 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I dunno, I wouldn't put it anywhere near the likes of True Detective (season 1) or Narcos, but it's still high quality.
I'm only approaching the end of season 1, but Holden's definitely letting the work seep in and he is a bit of a jerk. Good character.

One thing I don't like, and it seems to really be overdone in cinema/tv at the moment, is period soundtracks blaring out almost constantly.

True Detective ad Narcos are exceptional.

I've just started watching the latest season of Mr Mercedes. I wondered how it would go having to introduce a new case and story line but it's building really nicely after three episodes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:18 am 

Mindhunter is such a breezy watch despite the relentlessly gruesome subject matter. I always wondered about what size the budget must be to recreate the 70’s/80’s so well, then this popped up on my YouTube recommendations. Nice to see such subtle use of cgi - even tweaking the dropped curbs for accuracy sake...
https://youtu.be/Di4Byf1EzRE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:22 am 

Inch high hogs eye wrote:
Mindhunter is such a breezy watch despite the relentlessly gruesome subject matter. I always wondered about what size the budget must be to recreate the 70’s/80’s so well, then this popped up on my YouTube recommendations. Nice to see such subtle use of cgi - even tweaking the dropped curbs for accuracy sake...

Basically, they put in trees everywhere. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:51 am 

Cartman wrote:
Aotearaw wrote:

Do yourself a favour.

It really is

No, honestly, it really is...

Yeah best thing in the box, going to go down as an all time classic satire. The latest episode where he returns to Dundee is absolutely hilarious. Roy plum :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:51 am 

UncleFB wrote:

Basically, they put in trees everywhere. :D

Yeah, but 70’s/80’s trees :nod:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:11 pm 

It's the same sort of thing I imagine people get with podcasts about the same subject.
You can remain detached from it, it's more fascinating than horrifying.
There's elements of procedural detective drama there which keeps you watching/hooked too.

That's why I think it's an easy watch anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:00 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

It's the same sort of thing I imagine people get with podcasts about the same subject.
There's elements of procedural detective drama there which keeps you watching/hooked too.

that, and David Fincher being involved in the Production doesn't hurt, either. I'm a big fan of his (even love Alien 3)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:21 pm 

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the third season of Justified.

It's fun, but getting a little silly.

Also Winona has gone from really hot to rather annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 pm 

OttawaKat wrote:
I'm about 2/3 of the way through the third season of Justified.

It's fun, but getting a little silly.

Also Winona has gone from really hot to rather annoying.

:shock: But still really hot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:55 pm 

Balls Out! wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

that, and David Fincher being involved in the Production doesn't hurt, either. I'm a big fan of his (even love Alien 3)

The psychiatrist professor lady reminds me of a filthier Cate Blanchett.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:58 am 

Mr Robot Season 4 Ep1.... Absolutely thrilling episode, one of the best in the series.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:16 am 

My friend has just obtained the first two episodes of Succession. You plums better be right......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:22 am 

JPNZ wrote:
Mr Robot Season 4 Ep1.... Absolutely thrilling episode, one of the best in the series.

Nice, great show, didnt know season 4 is out already :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:39 pm 

Our Boys - the Jewish/Palestinian tensions over the revenge killing of a Palestinian boy. Based on the true story 2014. Absorbing, great acting, heavy... gives great insight into both sides, it will carry on for eternity. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:19 pm 

I can't forking wait for this. 24th Jan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKBeOKvblI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 205  Next