Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:35 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Justwatch.com is a good site to see which platform, if any, something can be streamed on.

:thumbup:
Thanks.
I have Netflix and Prime. Not paying for anything else. Unfortunately, HBO don't sell their stuff to third party streaming services. Makes sense as they're a subscription service themselves, but it's hard to watch their content.

Most HBO stuff is shown/available on Sky Atlantic, so you can watch most of it on NowTV. I'm assuming Sky Atlantic has some sort of exclusive deal with HBO though

With NowTV if you pay for it and then say you want to cancel they usually give you a discounted package for the TV/Entertainment pass :nod: :smug: . At times it's worked out for me around £10 a month for both of them, which is quite good.

I'm paying £3.20 a month for both of them at the mo for 6 months. I hardly watch it though. There's loads of missing episodes on the tv side, progs don't hang around for long. They're often so far behind original us release you just give up and have your friend download it. When the 6 months is up I'll cancel.

Yeah I agree. Had a look for True Detective this morning and they have season 3 only which is a bit odd. I would be more inclined to cancel the movie pass, it's not as good as it has been in the past with no big blockbuster movies being added to it but I've got good value out of it over lockdown.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:06 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Justwatch.com is a good site to see which platform, if any, something can be streamed on.

:thumbup:
Thanks.
I have Netflix and Prime. Not paying for anything else. Unfortunately, HBO don't sell their stuff to third party streaming services. Makes sense as they're a subscription service themselves, but it's hard to watch their content.

Most HBO stuff is shown/available on Sky Atlantic, so you can watch most of it on NowTV. I'm assuming Sky Atlantic has some sort of exclusive deal with HBO though

With NowTV if you pay for it and then say you want to cancel they usually give you a discounted package for the TV/Entertainment pass :nod: :smug: . At times it's worked out for me around £10 a month for both of them, which is quite good.

I'm paying £3.20 a month for both of them at the mo for 6 months. I hardly watch it though. There's loads of missing episodes on the tv side, progs don't hang around for long. They're often so far behind original us release you just give up and have your friend download it. When the 6 months is up I'll cancel.

Yeah I agree. Had a look for True Detective this morning and they have season 3 only which is a bit odd. I would be more inclined to cancel the movie pass, it's not as good as it has been in the past with no big blockbuster movies being added to it but I've got good value out of it over lockdown.

A major reason for cancelling is the bright blaring ads before every episode. Amazon have started doing it too. They're determined i'll watch Hanna.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:14 pm 

My friend told me, apparently, you can stream all 3 seasons on YesMovies for free and just sent me a link for Season 1.....buyer beware as usual with these things, good internet security etc.....

https://yesmovies.ag/movie/true-detecti ... -3531.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:59 pm 

Adblock and don't believe there's hot singles in your area.
Seriously recommend watching it Nolanator, it's a seriously good 8 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:11 pm 

Season 2 was absolute dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:29 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Is true detective available in any streaming services?
It's one of those that I've been meaning to watch for ages.

Season 3 is on Now TV.

Worth getting the DVDs for Season 1. Avoid Season 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:33 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Is true detective available in any streaming services?
It's one of those that I've been meaning to watch for ages.

Jealous. I'd love to watch season 1 blind again.
It's HBO and they're really to pricey for easy streaming tbh.

I'm not sure where it's streamed here, might be sky.

I'll hang to ask my friend, so. Still have Westwood season 3 ready to go, but the ease is streaming other shows means I haven't got around to it yet.

watched them on skyatlantic ; in fairness to them they've got all the best tv content including the recently added sky comedy channel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:51 am 

DARK, the best show of the last 10 years, returns this month with season 3.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:45 pm 

Kid A wrote:

I really really hope it can keep up the standard. the end cliffhanger had a small whiff of jumping shark but I would love to be proved wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:12 am 

Nah, Succession is the best tv series of the past 10 years

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 pm 

ukjim wrote:
Kid A wrote:

I really really hope it can keep up the standard. the end cliffhanger had a small whiff of jumping shark but I would love to be proved wrong.

You guys watching that in german? Or synchronized in english? I have watched the first 2 episodes a while ago and found the acting quite dubious and the whole thing quite cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 pm 

My german is reasonable so subs and VO for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:52 pm 

I don't know if anyone else has watched Detective Anna on Prime, it's in Russian with subtitles. Typical Russian ending, there's been a massive campaign in Russia, US and here to get a second season. Just discovered they started filming before lockdown, everything is paused but there will be a second season. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:08 am 

boere wors wrote:
ukjim wrote:
Kid A wrote:

You guys watching that in german? Or synchronized in english? I have watched the first 2 episodes a while ago and found the acting quite dubious and the whole thing quite cheap.

Its quite interesting. I am 6 episodes in and took a while to get in synch with it but am enjoying it. The last German show I watched was a documentary on Operation Market Garden.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:42 am 

boere wors wrote:
ukjim wrote:
Kid A wrote:

I can't stand watching dubbed stuff would rather just read the subs.

Can't wait for Dark. That's a binge season with a few beers and a pizza penciled in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:38 pm 

boere wors wrote:
ukjim wrote:
Kid A wrote:

you mean when dubbed into English? Yeah I tried it for about 30 seconds and it was so terrible I switched back to German with subs and loved it right after that. But you have to be really focused in order to both read the subs and also understand the plot complexities, it's not much of a casual watch!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:45 pm 

Kid A wrote:

It's absolute dig-shit!!! Can't believe you watch this!

(Am I doing this right, Kid A?)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:20 pm 

Anyone watched Missions? A french scifi series.
You can do a lot worse let me tell you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:52 pm 

Watched it a couple of years ago, quite enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:11 pm 

You can tell me you’re keeping up with what’s happening in Dark I just will not believe you for a second

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 am 

TheBouncer wrote:
You can tell me you’re keeping up with what’s happening in Dark I just will not believe you for a second

aye anyone about to start might it want to start putting the family trees on a wall.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 am 

Currently halfway through Space Force. Very very silly and can't remember the last time I laughed so much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:43 am 

OptimisticJock wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:

aye anyone about to start might it want to start putting the family trees on a wall.

Watched the first episode of season 1 last night. Will let you all know...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:46 am 

TheBouncer wrote:

I came home from the pub about 8 pints deep one night and watched about 4 episodes.

Had to watch them all again the next day as I started watching the next one and had no idea what was going on :blush:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:56 am 

Balls Out! wrote:
boere wors wrote:
ukjim wrote:
Kid A wrote:

you mean when dubbed into English? Yeah I tried it for about 30 seconds and it was so terrible I switched back to German with subs and loved it right after that. But you have to be really focused in order to both read the subs and also understand the plot complexities, it's not much of a casual watch!

No I mean in german, I'm fluent. Some of the acting is quite poor. I didn't make it far, only watched the first three episodes. Was wondering about the hype, might give it another go.
I would in general never watch dubbed versions, original with subtitles is always the way to go. One gets used to glancing at the subtitels pretty fast.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:37 am 

boere wors wrote:
ukjim wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Subtitles. Never watch anything dubbed it completely ruins the experience.

June 27th 2020 is the day of the apocalypse in DARK so I guess that's the reason for the release of season 3 being on this day. I haven't been this excited for a tv show for years. It's insane.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:44 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Nah, Succession is the best tv series of the past 10 years

This. Dark is a load of old cobblers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:03 am 

Watching "Quiz" the dramatisation of the Major who cheated on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

It's ok, nothing amazing. Some good performances though, particularly Michael Sheen's spooky Tarrant impersonation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:08 pm 

Any fans of Das Boot? Loved last year's series and enjoyed the first two episodes of this series.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:06 pm 

RuggaBugga wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:

I came home from the pub about 8 pints deep one night and watched about 4 episodes.

Had to watch them all again the next day as I started watching the next one and had no idea what was going on :blush:

That’s a familiar story.

Still, you get double the value!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:07 pm 

David Simon has a new one on HBO, The Plot Against America. Alternative history thing following a jewish family when suspected anti-Semite and isolationist Charles Lindbergh defeats FDR in the 1940 election.

Only watched the first two so far which are mainly character and plot building but really enjoying it. Great scripting and production values. Suspect the rest are going be top notch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 pm 

Just stumbled across Hightown. Apple TV series with drugs, murder and a bit of girl on girl.
It's a bit more serious than the theme music suggests

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:02 am 

Holy shit - 'ZeroZeroZero' is good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:38 pm 

Kid A wrote:

Saviano's a great writer.

What channel will it be on in Ireland (and/or the UK)?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:54 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Saviano's a great writer.

What channel will it be on in Ireland (and/or the UK)?

The credits thank Amazon TV so I expect it's on there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:26 pm 

Lame.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:11 pm 

New season for BOSCH and CONDOR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Lame.

Might be sky atlantic too actually.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:58 pm 

Still Not Playing wrote:
Just stumbled across Hightown. Apple TV series with drugs, murder and a bit of girl on girl.

It’s not an Apple TV show ... you might want to check to see if you paid for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:00 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
Still Not Playing wrote:

It’s not an Apple TV show ... you might want to check to see if you paid for it.

Meant Amazon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205  Next