NZ Politics Thread

All things Rugby
Bayern

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Bayern »

fut..
Last edited by Bayern on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wignu

Post by Wignu »

Harvey2.0 wrote:
Wignu wrote:
Harvey2.0 wrote:
Wignu wrote:
Harvey2.0 wrote:It pleases me that four years after he retired the ponytail fetishist is still taking up so much space in the heads of far left weirdos like Muttonbird.

I wonder if he will ever get over Key winning three elections?
I can only imagine given the current posting the mindfvck that Jacinda and 'the Coalition' will continue to give certain posters for years to come.
I think it will pale in comparison to the despair the resident simp crew will feel when she eventually gets the arse at the ballot. It'll be like Dianas funeral all over again without the coffin , the likes of Guy Smiley and Muttonbird curled up on the sofa under a duvet tearfully watching her valedictory speech wishing they could swap places with Gayford and bask in the reflected glow of her halo. Elton John probably has some mawkish version of candle in the wind ready should the unthinkable happen now or more likely in 2023, Hillary Barry and John Campbell will choke up on air when they try to announce she's leaving us for the promised land in New York where she'll lead a department of the UN and regularly post selfies on instagram with the likes of Bono or flavours of the week like Greta Thunberg while hanging out with the Davos crowd..
I give you exhibit A
Yeah, i think you may have actually missed the point a bit there mate . Anyway Liam Hehir wrote an interesting piece about Ardern the conservative, I think he might have confused a miserable record with delivering on policy promises with being a conservative but its still worth a read.
https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/06-08 ... servative/
No, not missed the point at all.

Read that article and IMO he's correct in the respect that Labour hasn't even tabled many 'reds under the bed' policies, the closest being the ridiculous removing of the 90 day notice for landlords, but did gloss over their failure with Kiwibuild fiasco.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Harveys wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Harveys wrote: It’s different when a former labour pm does it .

Is there any evidence that John Key ever denied there’s a pandemic ? I know I never did . I wonder why Muttonbird saw fit to add it to his post?
He's part of the 'open up' brigade who quietly and not so quietly scoff at the idea the government's health response should over-ride the government's economic response.

They believe the pandemic should be 'managed' rather that eradicated. You only have to look at Melbourne to see how that turns out.

Eradication is not an option for most of the world so eventually compromises will need to be made.

How long do you think NZ can sustain complete isolation before the economic impact has as great a negative effect on health and wellbeing as the virus itself?
Never. To be fair, Harvey, that is an ill-thought, fallacious argument.
Go on...
Well, I think it is incumbent on you to actually provide some support for your contention.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

Liam Hehir is a good writer imo but there is a lot of trolling with the Ardern conservative angle. Follow his twitter account and this becomes pretty obvious.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

The hard and unpalatable truth is guys that there is a landslide victory for Jacinda Ardern on its way .

Get used to that probability and prepare for another 6 years ( at least ) of her leadership .

All this posturing and puffed up ego saving is frankly embarrassing.
No one takes it seriously and it appears you are left holding an empty slightly sodden paper bag .

Collins has been thrown up as cannon fodder by the few smarter remaining survivors of the run aground HMS National. Perhaps a couple of political cycles ago she might have been an effective force but now she’s absolutely spent , her approach irrelevant and highly unpopular. Only she thinks she can win .
So enough strutting around like a delusional Colonel Blimp , it’s over chaps it really is.

Sit back in your lazy boys and try and approximate good losers .

With luck your lot might have another crack in little under a decade .

Kindly stop whining .
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

fudge off noob.
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Wilderbeast wrote:Liam Hehir is a good writer imo but there is a lot of trolling with the Ardern conservative angle. Follow his twitter account and this becomes pretty obvious.
Agree theres a fair bit of trolling there but its pretty hard to follow his twitter when he deletes it, protects it etc all the time.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Harveys wrote:
Eradication is not an option for most of the world so eventually compromises will need to be made.

How long do you think NZ can sustain complete isolation before the economic impact has as great a negative effect on health and wellbeing as the virus itself?
They are signaling more loosening around skilled workers which makes sense. What seems to be holding things back is lack of quarantine capacity, something like 7000 beds which is already full with returning kiwis.

Did hear see the head if one of the universities talking around as an industry they had plans to get international students including isolation that students would pay, but couldn't get moh sign off in time. Stuff like that is I think how things will open up more.

In terms of how long we stay shut, is this time next year too long? Who knows where other countries will be but more importantly where vaccines/treatments are

EDIT: Forgot to add , saw a presentation from an Auckland Council economist, and his thinking was that assuming we have no further lockdowns we could be at 95%gdp by end of the year. Theory that domestic tourism from people who would usually hit Europe etc would cover a lot of the lost income from overseas.
Last edited by Monkey Magic on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Eugenius wrote:The hard and unpalatable truth is guys that there is a landslide victory for Jacinda Ardern on its way .

Get used to that probability and prepare for another 6 years ( at least ) of her leadership .

No one takes it seriously and it appears you are left holding an empty slightly sodden paper bag .

Collins has been thrown up as cannon fodder by the few smarter remaining survivors of the run aground HMS National. Perhaps a couple of political cycles ago she might have been an effective force but now she’s absolutely spent , her approach irrelevant and highly unpopular. Only she thinks she can win .
So enough strutting around like a delusional Colonel Blimp , it’s over chaps it really is.

Kindly stop whining .
This is a parody account right? Its a decent one but they forgot Eug tends to end his stream of consciousness sermons with some ellipses........
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Hark , the cry of the loser bird 🦅 ....
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Cannabis legalisation debate on Newshub Nation this morning.

Nick Smith arguing against.
Chloe Swarbrick arguing for.

Good debate imo.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Nick Smith has found lollies a more effective temptation .
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Auckman wrote:Cannabis legalisation debate on Newshub Nation this morning.

Nick Smith arguing against.
Chloe Swarbrick arguing for.

Good debate imo.
Swarbrick seemed to have more factual points to base her answers in, also interesting that Smith was quoting a professor that turns out wants legalization with better controls
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

I would back Swarbrick to win that. She seems to have really done her homework on this. I also think Smith is 20 years past his expiration date.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Smith is one very weird dude , and some very horrible rumours persist .

The fact that he’s reasonably placed under Collins simply illustrates the paucity of talent that have rather stupidly sucked up to her .
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Monkey Magic wrote:
Harveys wrote:

They are signaling more loosening around skilled workers which makes sense. What seems to be holding things back is lack of quarantine capacity, something like 7000 beds which is already full with returning kiwis.

Did hear see the head if one of the universities talking around as an industry they had plans to get international students including isolation that students would pay, but couldn't get moh sign off in time. Stuff like that is I think how things will open up more.

In terms of how long we stay shut, is this time next year too long? Who knows where other countries will be but more importantly where vaccines/treatments are

EDIT: Forgot to add , saw a presentation from an Auckland Council economist, and his thinking was that assuming we have no further lockdowns we could be at 95%gdp by end of the year. Theory that domestic tourism from people who would usually hit Europe etc would cover a lot of the lost income from overseas.
Excellent points MM. My reply to Harveys was to mention the announcement more skilled workers were to be able to be brought in as part of the gradual approach to opening up when and if quarantine capacity allows. Skilled workers have been allowed in already; the engineers involved with Wellington's stormwater issues, chairlift technicians, and producers and directors of big budget film and TV.

The screen industry were very active early in lockdown putting together plans to the MoH showing how they could work under the conditions. Here's the thing, the MoH says what has to be done and it is up to industry to meet those conditions. It is not up to the MoH to show them how to do it. Other industries need to show they have done the work to make their sector safe and then they will be allowed to bring in workers, once again dependent on quarantine capacity.

Also an excellent point that there's a significant amount of money not heading out of the country with external tourism right now, and it has all been poured instead into both domestic tourism and light renovation/construction.

We should close the border more often!
Dark

Post by Dark »

Eugenius wrote:Smith is one very weird dude , and some very horrible rumours persist .

The fact that he’s reasonably placed under Collins simply illustrates the paucity of talent that have rather stupidly sucked up to her .

Smith and Swarbrick are both weirdos.

Similar level of irritating with their agenda.

After watching that debate it was quite good though.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Santa wrote:Thanks Christ. Young people are f**king awful.
Now you sound both old and bitter. You must be a delight to be around.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Dark wrote:
Eugenius wrote:Smith is one very weird dude , and some very horrible rumours persist .

I’m pretty sure her predilections aren’t nearly as questionable.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Eugenius wrote:
Dark wrote:

Or realistic

Think it will end up being a half way house between both theories.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Her naive thinking legalise weed means everything will go wonderfully is quite humorous though
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Dark wrote:
Eugenius wrote:
Dark wrote:

Or realistic

Not quite what I was getting at .

Like I said Nick is a very strange wee man .
Dark

Post by Dark »

Eugenius wrote:
Dark wrote:
Eugenius wrote:
Dark wrote:

Or realistic

Not quite what I was getting at .

Like I said Nick is a very strange wee man .
I agree.

And she is a very weird naive young woman
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

:roll:
Dark

Post by Dark »

Eugenius wrote::roll:

So you agree with her making weed legal is going to solve the countries drug, employment and mental health problems all hunky dory?

All good.

I think it won't do piss all, but each to their own
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Ted. wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Harveys wrote:

Go on...
Well, I think it is incumbent on you to actually provide some support for your contention.
I’m not looking to make a stand or hold a position, I’m thinking out loud. Is there a tipping point?

If a vaccine is developed soon then it’s not an issue, but if its years away is it a potential issue?
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Monkey Magic wrote:
Harveys wrote:

:thumbup:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Harveys wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Harveys wrote:

Go on...
I’m not looking to make a stand or hold a position, I’m thinking out loud. Is there a tipping point?

If a vaccine is developed soon then it’s not an issue, but if its years away is it a potential issue?
Why are you saying NZ is in complete isolation then? It's clearly not.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

Dark wrote:Her naive thinking legalise weed means everything will go wonderfully is quite humorous though
Newsflash, politician embarrassingly shows her naivety when only presenting pros for her argument. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something so ridiculous in all my time observing politics.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Stay classy, euge. Your quality level of discourse has been hugely missed on this thread.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Harvey2.0 wrote:
Eugenius wrote:The hard and unpalatable truth is guys that there is a landslide victory for Jacinda Ardern on its way .

Kindly stop whining .
This is a parody account right? Its a decent one but they forgot Eug tends to end his stream of consciousness sermons with some ellipses........
Rather.........
Dark

Post by Dark »

To be fair of course Labour will walk this election.

The Covid thing was perfect timing for them.

To lose it would be the worst failure since.........The worst failure

Winston will be gone.

Greens will probably also be.

They can't afford to lose Ardern as the rest are shit, and she has promised not to raise the pension, taxes, introduce a CGT while she is PM so not sure what they are going to do.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Dark wrote:The Covid thing was perfect timing for them.
Just like baby Neve. :roll:
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

Have they promised not to raise taxes? Genuine question.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Muttonbirds wrote:
True.

Surprised you realised that.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Wilderbeast wrote:Have they promised not to raise taxes? Genuine question.
Not at all. That was a first term promise but second term it's open season. They haven't promised anything at all but I'd say tax increases are almost a certainty.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

In fact it was labours command of the crisis and successful leadership that came at ‘just the right time ‘.

The deadly miserable confusion offered up by the opposition remains a competing reason that prompted the coming landslide .

Not surprisingly the vast majority of the voting public preferred real world political competence to the dangerous hypotheticals thrown up by a succession of desperate National party leaders .

Enjoy the parade .
Last edited by Eugenius on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Dark wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
True.

Surprised you realised that.
Neve isn’t the baby here .
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

booji boy wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:Have they promised not to raise taxes? Genuine question.
Not at all. That was a first term promise but second term it's open season. They haven't promised anything at all but I'd say tax increases are almost a certainty.
:thumbup:

I can’t keep up sometimes.
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

“Some horrible rumours persist”

This is Muttonbird level posting . There’s probably horrible rumours about every mp in parliament, doesn’t mean they are true, the #turnardern losers were posting garbage in twitter about Gayford getting the nanny pregnant a few weeks ago . You’re no different to them Eug, well done.