NZ Politics Thread

All things Rugby
Fat Old Git

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Fat Old Git »

Kiwias wrote:Trump had this to say about NZ. Amazing that he can make even this all about himself.
The places they were using to hold up, they are having a big surge. I don't want that. I don't want that. They were holding up names of countries, and now they are saying 'whoops'.

"Even New Zealand, you see what is going on in New Zealand. They beat it, they beat it. It was like front page, they beat it because they wanted to show me something. The problem is [a] big surge in New Zealand. It's terrible. We don't want that."
The solution to not having a big surge, is to keep the levels high obviously.

Currently 22 deaths in NZ (4.4 deaths per million people). With the last death recorded back in May. Why would you want that when you can have 170 000 deaths (567 deaths per million people), with that number expected to hit 200 000 by October?

:(
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

It is interesting that the arrival from the USA who genomic testing links to the Rydges case tested positive on 31 July. The worker’s case is described as “recent onset” with his first symptoms around 11 August. Does that suggest the virus survived on a surface long enough to be picked up or that he could be a secondary infection from the original source?
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

JB1981 wrote:It is interesting that the arrival from the USA who genomic testing links to the Rydges case tested positive on 31 July. The worker’s case is described as “recent onset” with his first symptoms around 11 August. Does that suggest the virus survived on a surface long enough to be picked up or that he could be a secondary infection from the original source?
I also cannot work out how that man has 1,880 contacts between 11th august and yesterday... Man thats going to test the tracking abilities of the health department
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

JB1981 wrote:Based in the Beehive or Bowen House? I’m intrigued.

Was it a job at Bellamys?
I suspect Copperfields (aka Slopperfields) would have been the best-case scenario for Dark.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Dark wrote:
Eugenius wrote:What was that job again ?
I know this hard for you to comprehend, but none of your business,

If it helps you justifying your opinion ignore it
Seriously though, don't tell him. As you've already seen, Euge was happy to dox me on this thread by sharing what one of my previous jobs was.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Santa wrote:This made me laugh. The rest of the thread is as bad.

A cult has clearly arisen.
That announcement by #NZ Prime Minister @jacindaardern on moving the election surely has to be one of the most succinct & thorough constitutional speeches by a Kiwi leader ever. The level of detail, consideration & definite forward planning was nothing short of astounding.

Wow
https://twitter.com/five15design/status ... 7674706944

Here's another:
At a time of deepening partisan politics globally, Ardern delivered a masterclass in how to lead a nation beyond tribal party politics & what is fascinating about this for political scientists is that it’s a liberal democratic not populist leadership-which is also unusual #nzpol
https://twitter.com/BMHayward/status/12 ... 9452475395

That is an academic simping away like that.
Pretty sure five15design and Bronwyn Hayward are brother and sister-in law (he's married to her sister). What a lovely Christmas Day that would be, full of prayers and offerings to the shrine of Jacinda.

And yes, the irony of me doxxing straight after complaining about euge is not lost on me.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Dark wrote:

Seriously though, don't tell him. As you've already seen, Euge was happy to dox me on this thread by sharing what one of my previous jobs was.
Only because of your rather tedious grammar Nazi tendencies mate .
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

The exact nature of Darks little Wellington gig doesn’t really interest anyhoo.

His boasting of superior knowledge of how parliament works however is more than a little risible .

The sum total of these insider nuggets over the years being ‘then you can ask for stuff’ .

Hardly a Masterclass .
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Eugenius wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Dark wrote:

Oh, so if someone picks on your spelling and grammar, it's OK to reveal information about their history which could make them identifiable to forum members. Good to know.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Eugenius wrote:The exact nature of Darks little Wellington gig doesn’t really interest anyhoo.

His boasting of superior knowledge of how parliament works however is more than a little risible .

The sum total of these insider nuggets over the years being ‘then you can ask for stuff’ .

Hardly a Masterclass .
I just said I probably know more than you Eug'

It is hardly a quantum leap in fact given the majority of posters on here probably do, including the foreigners
Norman Harvey

Post by Norman Harvey »

Fat Old Git wrote:
Kiwias wrote:Trump had this to say about NZ. Amazing that he can make even this all about himself.
The places they were using to hold up, they are having a big surge. I don't want that. I don't want that. They were holding up names of countries, and now they are saying 'whoops'.

"Even New Zealand, you see what is going on in New Zealand. They beat it, they beat it. It was like front page, they beat it because they wanted to show me something. The problem is [a] big surge in New Zealand. It's terrible. We don't want that."
The solution to not having a big surge, is to keep the levels high obviously.

Currently 22 deaths in NZ (4.4 deaths per million people). With the last death recorded back in May. Why would you want that when you can have 170 000 deaths (567 deaths per million people), with that number expected to hit 200 000 by October?

:(
Yeah but if you look at confirmed deaths per positive test America is one of if not the best in the world
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

The USA testing and data quality is very good. But their closed case death rate is 6% ... which is worse than the global average of 5%. The UK is much worse. They have had 319,000 cases and 41,300 deaths. They have not been keeping track of their recovered cases which is appalling. So assuming on average that 50% of cases are now recovered closed case death rate in the UK is 20% ... 4 times worse than the global average. The UK are actually by far the worst performing of the “rich” western nations.

Conclusion? US > UK. Trump > Johnson
Last edited by vh5150 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Dark wrote:
Eugenius wrote:The exact nature of Darks little Wellington gig doesn’t really interest anyhoo.

Hardly a Masterclass .
I just said I probably know more than you Eug'

It is hardly a quantum leap in fact given the majority of posters on here probably do, including the foreigners

Because of the job and your ‘friends’ .
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Eugenius wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Dark wrote:

Oh, so if someone picks on your spelling and grammar, it's OK to reveal information about their history which could make them identifiable to forum members. Good to know.
Well you certainly made much hay of it at the time , in fact you constantly reminded us of your position.

Has your past suddenly turned toxic ?
Norman Harvey

Post by Norman Harvey »

vh5150 wrote:The USA testing and data quality is very good. But their closed case death rate is 6% ... which is worse than the global average of 5%. The UK is much worse. They have had 319,000 cases and 41,300 deaths. They have not been keeping track of their recovered cases which is appalling. So assuming on average that 50% of cases are now closed (dead or recovered) closed case death rate in the UK is 20% ... 4 times worse than the global average. The UK are actually by far the worst performing of the “rich” western nations.

Conclusion? US > UK. Trump > Johnson
Trump had a printout. You have nothing
Santa

Post by Santa »

Eugenius wrote: Well you certainly made much hay of it at the time , in fact you constantly reminded us of your position.

No chance of a "Sorry, you're right it was a c.unty thing to do"?
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Eugenius wrote: Well you certainly made much hay of it at the time , in fact you constantly reminded us of your position.

:lol:

Toxic? No. In fact, I've left every job on good terms. You should try that.

"Constantly reminded us" is a load of shit, especially when I was there, considering some psycho called up the general manager to complain about some posts I had apparently made about his wife (which I hadn't because I'm not a man of low morals like mr bungle...)
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Seriously wtf ?Paddy Gower and other reporters doing crosses to camera with masks on !!!
fudge off you virtue signalling cvntwaffles it ant spread through the telly . The camera person is socially distant .
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Hareaway wrote:Seriously wtf ?Paddy Gower and other reporters doing crosses to camera with masks on !!!
fudge off you virtue signalling cvntwaffles it ant spread through the telly . The camera person is socially distant .
Tbf the mask is an improvement for Paddy Gower.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

booji boy wrote:
Hareaway wrote:Seriously wtf ?Paddy Gower and other reporters doing crosses to camera with masks on !!!
:lol: :lol:
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

"Constantly reminded us" is a load of shit, especially when I was there, considering some psycho called up the general manager to complain about some posts I had apparently made about his wife (which I hadn't because I'm not a man of low morals like mr bungle...)
Tell me more... :twisted:
Adrianmole

Post by Adrianmole »

brat wrote:
Adrianmole wrote:Ardern is a superb communicator and consumate politician who has held together an eclectic coalition with skill and patience Too much for the likes of Shipely back in the day.

As much as the central right huff and puff about "princess cindy" and other misogynist monickers they have only themselves to blame with succession of National party leadership numpties ever since Shonkey abandoned a sinking ship.

The Nadir was the tin hat conspiracy theories from Collins and Brownlee last week. Made absolute fools of themselves.

Ardern has captured the mood of younger voters especially, unlike the tone deaf trump/tory lite wannabees that pass for socially conservatives in this country.

It will be intriguing to see what she can achieve without the Peters millstone around her neck with whats looking like a reduced Nat party shedding votes to Labour and Act on the edges, with labour mopping up the middle and Peters becoming an evolutionary dead end at last. The Greens may struggle to get to the threshold to retain seats.
Yeh you’d probably get more credibility if you didn’t use shonkey and pretend to be clever with trump/Tory lite..you’d probably get lots of likes on the labour troll infested nzh Facebook site though 👍
Huff and..
Adrianmole

Post by Adrianmole »

Dark wrote:
Adrianmole wrote:Ardern is a superb communicator and consumate politician who has held together an eclectic coalition with skill and patience Too much for the likes of Shipely back in the day.

As much as the central right huff and puff about "princess cindy" and other misogynist monickers they have only themselves to blame with succession of National party leadership numpties ever since Shonkey abandoned a sinking ship.

The Nadir was the tin hat conspiracy theories from Collins and Brownlee last week. Made absolute fools of themselves.

Ardern has captured the mood of younger voters especially, unlike the tone deaf trump/tory lite wannabees that pass for socially conservatives in this country.

It will be intriguing to see what she can achieve without the Peters millstone around her neck with whats looking like a reduced Nat party shedding votes to Labour and Act on the edges, with labour mopping up the middle and Peters becoming an evolutionary dead end at last. The Greens may struggle to get to the threshold to retain seats.
ffs
...puff
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

Ok constantly is pure exaggeration for effect , but you did mention it quite abit .

The cricket games, the characters and the inside information ( usually negative ) about other journalists.

Oh and I meant some nutter from your past , not employer .
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Frankly you're making stuff up about that time. Why would I mention the cricket games in Oamaru, FFS?

Let's get back to this thread topic. Does anyone understand why hardcore Labour supporters would be Facebook friends with a couple of senior National MPs? For trolling purposes or they just love the celebrity side of politics? It's positively baffling.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Don’t ask me man but you did .

( for what it’s worth I’ve edited that comment )
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Eugenius wrote:
( for what it’s worth I’ve edited that comment )
Good man. :thumbup:
Gordon Bennett

Post by Gordon Bennett »

booji boy wrote:
Paddy G must live in my local area. Twice in the last fortnight, I've been out for an evening stroll and bumped into him whilst he was walking a dog. Handsome dog, tbh.

And GON is many, many things but a tedious name-dropper he is not.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

Gordon Bennett wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Paddy G must live in my local area. Twice in the last fortnight, I've been out for an evening stroll and bumped into him whilst he was walking a dog. Handsome dog, tbh.

Thanks - I think?

Might be out your way on Friday or Saturday by the way.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:Frankly you're making stuff up about that time. Why would I mention the cricket games in Oamaru, FFS?

Let's get back to this thread topic. Does anyone understand why hardcore Labour supporters would be Facebook friends with a couple of senior National MPs? For trolling purposes or they just love the celebrity side of politics? It's positively baffling.
Who is Eug FB friends with? I reckon Simon is a Yvonne Todd fan.
not_english

Post by not_english »

I’ve just recently discovered that Simon Bridges went to the same school as me, which came as a bit of a surprise.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

mr bungle wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:Frankly you're making stuff up about that time. Why would I mention the cricket games in Oamaru, FFS?

Who is Eug FB friends with? I reckon Simon is a Yvonne Todd fan.

I doubt it .

Tho Jacinda complimented a work we put together for a past show .

Be still my beating heart .

https://ibb.co/jT8Kfby
Last edited by Eugenius on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon Bennett

Post by Gordon Bennett »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Gordon Bennett wrote:
booji boy wrote:

Thanks - I think?

Might be out your way on Friday or Saturday by the way.
Keen to catch up for a brew if you have the time.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

I don't have a problem with that tbh. You can call it virtue signalling, but modelling behaviour is actually a valid way of influencing social attitudes and quite frankly more people need to be wearing masks when in public.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

TF, what miserable, deranged cretin would do that?

Oh!
Last edited by Ted. on Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Enzedder wrote:
booji boy wrote:
:lol: :lol:
Essential PPE for the viewing public.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Over 500 defence force personnel will be deployed to the facilities and at the border. This amounts to a total of 1200 personnel.
This will reduce the need for private security guards. They intend to stop using these private contractors in risky areas - entry and exit points, for example. They will be replaced by defence force staff.
Does that tell us what many of us have suspected, that the failings have primarily come from the private security and facilities management (much as in Australia)?

All the same, I don't think Customs or MOH have been exactly stellar.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
I don't have a problem with that tbh. You can call it virtue signalling, but modelling behaviour is actually a valid way of influencing social attitudes and quite frankly more people need to be wearing masks when in public.

Quite frankly if the govt were serious about the virtue signalling need for face masks do you not think a bit odd they don't wear them in the Jacsiah or Chippy daily 1pm Labour political election broadcast?
Dark

Post by Dark »

Ted. wrote:
Over 500 defence force personnel will be deployed to the facilities and at the border. This amounts to a total of 1200 personnel.
This will reduce the need for private security guards. They intend to stop using these private contractors in risky areas - entry and exit points, for example. They will be replaced by defence force staff.
Does that tell us what many of us have suspected, that the failings have primarily come from the private security and facilities management (much as in Australia)?

All the same, I don't think Customs or MOH have been exactly stellar.

Who was over seeing them and supposedly agreeing to them?
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Ted. wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

TF, what miserable, deranged cretin would do that?

Oh!

I hope you ain’t implying that was me !?!

😲