NZ Politics Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3481
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Kahu »

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thought she was a mungo, turns out she's just a sports lover
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by booji boy »

Great to know Kahu and it's clear that her Govt did everything in it's power to enable us to host the Rugby Championship but unfortunately we lost out to 'SANZAAR Politics'. :roll:
User avatar
JB1981
Posts: 6988
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Location: NZ

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by JB1981 »

She has horrible taste in Chiefs jerseys no matter what you think of her or her politics.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by booji boy »

JB1981 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 pm She has horrible taste in Chiefs jerseys no matter what you think of her or her politics.
Agreed it's a shocker. Did the Chief's actually turn out in that monstrosity?
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by booji boy »

Hareaway wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:50 am Been out a bit in the lower south the last couple of days and people down here are getting a bit pissed off with the constant level 2 enforcement.
Hadn’t realised as been on the farm and it really doesn’t affect us , and am happy to use my phone to sign in to pub etc .

But was actually surprised at the public sentiment, and tbf we haven’t had a case in about 3-4 months .
Just thinking about this I don't mind lock down level 2 given our proximity to Auckland and there were cases as close by as Rotorua and Tokoroa in the recent outbreak. :uhoh: But I can understand why South Islanders are getting fucked off with it given there hasn't been an outbreak in the South Island in months.

Then again with the number of Aucklanders traveling to popular tourist meccas like Queenstown we probably do still need to be cautious.
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3481
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Kahu »

I'm glad we lost out on the RC. I'm still praying that hopefully it doesn't go ahead at all. It's the tournament that no one wants except broadcasters and governing bodies. The players don't want it and neither do the fans.
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by jambanja »

Kahu wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:42 pm I'm glad we lost out on the RC. I'm still praying that hopefully it doesn't go ahead at all. It's the tournament that no one wants except broadcasters and governing bodies. The players don't want it and neither do the fans.
Huh? You're going to have to walk me through this, firstly why would the players not want it, it kinda what they do for a living.
Secondly most fan I know can't wait for it, so not sure how you've come up with that idea
User avatar
Tehui
Posts: 16190
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Tehui »

booji boy wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:54 pm
JB1981 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 pm She has horrible taste in Chiefs jerseys no matter what you think of her or her politics.
Agreed it's a shocker. Did the Chief's actually turn out in that monstrosity?
Did they turn out at all this year?
Eugenius
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Eugenius »

jambanja wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 am
Kahu wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:42 pm I'm glad we lost out on the RC. I'm still praying that hopefully it doesn't go ahead at all. It's the tournament that no one wants except broadcasters and governing bodies. The players don't want it and neither do the fans.
Huh? You're going to have to walk me through this, firstly why would the players not want it, it kinda what they do for a living.
Secondly most fan I know can't wait for it, so not sure how you've come up with that idea

They certainly didn’t want to miss Xmas away from their families .

I thought the government offered a very reasonable compromise safety wise .

The Pumas are riddled with the virus .

Does this mean that a rather desperate ARU might hold these games now with out a decent crowd ?

Utterly underwhelming.
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by jambanja »

Eugenius wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:12 am
jambanja wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 am
Kahu wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:42 pm I'm glad we lost out on the RC. I'm still praying that hopefully it doesn't go ahead at all. It's the tournament that no one wants except broadcasters and governing bodies. The players don't want it and neither do the fans.
Huh? You're going to have to walk me through this, firstly why would the players not want it, it kinda what they do for a living.
Secondly most fan I know can't wait for it, so not sure how you've come up with that idea

They certainly didn’t want to miss Xmas away from their families .

I thought the government offered a very reasonable compromise safety wise .

The Pumas are riddled with the virus .

Does this mean that a rather desperate ARU might hold these games now with out a decent crowd ?

Utterly underwhelming.
I'm withdrawing my comment, it seems there are a number of players who do not want to be away from their families for the 10 weeks that they will be away, for good reason too, they have young families and in Barretts case not yet born but due soon, so I'm now agreeing with you and Kahu, that a watered down version, not just the ABs but the Boks and Pumas too, is going to be a bit of a damp squib
Eugenius
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Eugenius »

Sadly - :(
User avatar
JB1981
Posts: 6988
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Location: NZ

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by JB1981 »

A former Springbok captain was reported today saying he doesn’t want the team to go. He doesn’t see the build up as sufficient given their lack of rugby and fears they won’t be able to perform.

With watered down squads, lack of prep and playing in the summer heat, the only ones benefiting from this will be the asterisk makers.
User avatar
Dark
Posts: 5810
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Location: NZ

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Dark »

Is it just me or she seriously looking a bit too skinny lately?
User avatar
kiwigreg369
Posts: 5123
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by kiwigreg369 »

I don't remember the same concern when the tournament was in NZ (excluding the obvious change for two weeks quarantine).

I think the union should look at what is appropriate for individuals and families - but it is they that want a full TRC so they get full $$ from the broadcasters. They don't want to discount it. By implication players only get the money they get because of those broadcast $$.

They can't have it every way - less games, less broadcast $, less pay for players - that's the reality.
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 20881
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Fat Old Git »

Tbf it's not surprising that it wasn't a concern for the ABs when it was going to be in NZ as the issues weren't going to affect them.

Anyway, today's level restriction reviews seem sensible to me. A lot of the new community cases have been close contacts who went into isolation after being identified, but a lot haven't fallen into that category.
User avatar
Dark
Posts: 5810
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Location: NZ

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Dark »

Looks like a Bled' game is going to be on election day. Interesting

Along with Bathurst qualifying
User avatar
Hareaway
Posts: 5343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Hareaway »

Dark wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:23 am Looks like a Bled' game is going to be on election day. Interesting

Along with Bathurst qualifying
This Game has to be in Dunedin ...

How did we go from Stadiums full of fans to being way behind Australia ?

We haven’t had a case of Covid here since we had full crowds ... why are we being punished ?
User avatar
Hareaway
Posts: 5343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Hareaway »

Just watched the news and kinda looking like we will lose the Bled and the RC .. what a cluster

Still got the Mitre 10 cup ... chur 🤙
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by booji boy »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:32 am Just watched the news and kinda looking like we will lose the Bled and the RC .. what a cluster

Still got the Mitre 10 cup ... chur 🤙
Be kind, we've got this.
User avatar
Auckman
Posts: 9058
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sydney Town

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Auckman »

I reckon they should cancel the Rugby Championship. Sanzaar are just trying to rush it. Half the all black team don't want to go, half the Argentine team has covid19, and none of the boks or pumas players have played any type of rugby for half the year.

Save it for next year and plan it properly.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by booji boy »

Auckman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:31 am I reckon they should cancel the Rugby Championship. Sanzaar are just trying to rush it. Half the all black team don't want to go, half the Argentine team has covid19, and none of the boks or pumas players have played any type of rugby for half the year.

Save it for next year and plan it properly.
I love the way half the All Blacks are now crying off like a bunch of sooks yet we expected the Pumas and Boks to do the same whether it was hosted in NZ as originally planned or if it is hosted in Australia. What makes our players so precious/special?
User avatar
Tehui
Posts: 16190
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Tehui »

booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:36 pm
Auckman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:31 am I reckon they should cancel the Rugby Championship. Sanzaar are just trying to rush it. Half the all black team don't want to go, half the Argentine team has covid19, and none of the boks or pumas players have played any type of rugby for half the year.

Save it for next year and plan it properly.
I love the way half the All Blacks are now crying off like a bunch of sooks yet we expected the Pumas and Boks to do the same whether it was hosted in NZ as originally planned or if it is hosted in Australia. What makes our players so precious/special?
I'm assuming that the players who don't want to go, are ok with not being paid?
User avatar
JB1981
Posts: 6988
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Location: NZ

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by JB1981 »

Dark wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:23 am Looks like a Bled' game is going to be on election day. Interesting

Along with Bathurst qualifying
They have avoided an Election Day clash with the games to be played on 11 and 18 October (Sundays). They are 3:30pm kickoffs too :o.
User avatar
jambanja
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: The other side of midnight

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by jambanja »

Tehui wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:15 am
booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:36 pm
Auckman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:31 am I reckon they should cancel the Rugby Championship. Sanzaar are just trying to rush it. Half the all black team don't want to go, half the Argentine team has covid19, and none of the boks or pumas players have played any type of rugby for half the year.

Save it for next year and plan it properly.
I love the way half the All Blacks are now crying off like a bunch of sooks yet we expected the Pumas and Boks to do the same whether it was hosted in NZ as originally planned or if it is hosted in Australia. What makes our players so precious/special?
I'm assuming that the players who don't want to go, are ok with not being paid?
Apparently the first time Richie Mo knew he didn’t want to go was when he read about it in the press, now this may well be true or someone (Fozzie and co) have had a word and asked the players to have a think about which side their bread is buttered
User avatar
Dark
Posts: 5810
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Location: NZ

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Dark »

JB1981 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 am
Dark wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:23 am Looks like a Bled' game is going to be on election day. Interesting

Along with Bathurst qualifying
They have avoided an Election Day clash with the games to be played on 11 and 18 October (Sundays). They are 3:30pm kickoffs too :o.
Cool

:thumbup:
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3481
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Kahu »

Dark wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:03 am Is it just me or she seriously looking a bit too skinny lately?
If I was the first man I'd be feeding her up on whitebait fritters and kawhai sashimi and having her do leg day every morning. Probably encourage a trip to Thailand to perk her up too
Santa
Posts: 10343
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Santa »

In other news this looks like a disaster in the offing.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/30010864 ... omist-says
Santa
Posts: 10343
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Santa »

Herald view. Summary: not as bad a first thought but worse for longer.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12365335
User avatar
Wignu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 am
Location: From the Hutt bro.

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Wignu »

They're probably both about as accurate as the predicted 10% (or thereabouts) downturn in the property market.
User avatar
grouch
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by grouch »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:32 am Just watched the news and kinda looking like we will lose the Bled and the RC .. what a cluster

Still got the Mitre 10 cup ... chur 🤙
Another victory for the visionless accountants.

After 1 round of NPC with full AB participation , the decision to once again gut the best Rugby Tournament in the world in order to bolster the competitive capabilities of our greatest International rivals, makes even less sense than most of events of 2020.

:frown:
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 20881
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Fat Old Git »

No new cases of Covid-19 today. After several days of all the positives being in managed isolation.

:thumbup:
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3481
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Kahu »

Image

The PM practising social distancing. Meanwhile National announce tax cuts.
User avatar
booji boy
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by booji boy »

As Shanky said. It's a cult.
obelixtim
Posts: 5981
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by obelixtim »

Kahu wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:36 am Image

The PM practising social distancing. Meanwhile National announce tax cuts.
Photo taken in 2019...
User avatar
Flockwitt
Posts: 6366
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Flockwitt »

Is it? (tried to verify but all I got was Stuff's article and tweets about it - or am I being whooshed?)
brat
Posts: 4409
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by brat »

Flockwitt wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:56 pm Is it? (tried to verify but all I got was Stuff's article and tweets about it - or am I being whooshed?)
Think it’s sept 17th 2020
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3481
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Kahu »

obelixtim wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:22 am
Kahu wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:36 am Image

The PM practising social distancing. Meanwhile National announce tax cuts.
Photo taken in 2019...
https://i.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard ... north-seat

Not according to this...
User avatar
Wignu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 am
Location: From the Hutt bro.

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Wignu »

Whilst that is probably correct it is Stuff so I wouldn't rely on it 100%!
User avatar
Kahu
Posts: 3481
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Kahu »

Just a coincidence the other photo in the article shows her talking to the Palmerston North mayor and local Labour candidate whilst wearing the same outfit? Wasnt Iain Lees-Galloway the Palmerston North MP in 2019? Shouldn't he be in the photo instead?
obelixtim
Posts: 5981
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by obelixtim »

brat wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:43 pm
Flockwitt wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:56 pm Is it? (tried to verify but all I got was Stuff's article and tweets about it - or am I being whooshed?)
Think it’s sept 17th 2020
Publishing date does not necessarily equate to the date of the photo. Could be a stock photo, or could have been taken during level 1, if not last year.

A bit like Trump tweeting photos of riots in Europe but saying the photo was taken in Seattle. Bullshit.
Post Reply