NZ Politics Thread

All things Rugby
Brabus

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Brabus »

Useful idiots have a tenancy to end up against the wall wondering how they got there.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Brabus wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 am Advocating violence Brabus? That's a big no no in today's New Zealand. Has Jacinda taught you nothing at all?

Be. Nice.
Not in any way shape or form, blind alegence leads to bad results, has always been thus.
TBF it is probably something his dad told him he has to do.

"Whatever you do son, don't look at policy son. Always just tick the one that starts with "L""

"It is what I have done. Your grandad did, your mum and your uncle, who looks at you funny while licking his lips"
Knoath

Post by Knoath »

Couple of pages back noticed people calling fisherman rapist of the sea.
Through circumstances I spent a year on a 60ft trawler based out of Golden Bay. We where 5 days out 2 in.
So here's my informed opinion.
The Government set quota's on nearly every species. We would hit our quota then put big signs on our net, saying, no your species isn't allowed as we are out of quota. We would get $4 a kilo for a breed, but if we bought that same breed in over quota, we got charged $16. They still took and sold the fish. So guess what happened to the over catch, over the side you go. They should allow them to bring in what they catch. Not penalise them, at least that way, they know what is being caught.
Secondly. For a month we had a deadlocked (including her armpits) observer to see where the Hector Dolphins where. On the way out there are two pods (always been there) we point them out, she says, no can only count from where your fishing.
Yep all goid
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Brabus wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:17 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:41 am I was one who thought about voting Greens to help keep Labour from doing exactly what they appear to destined to do, and that is drift to the impotent centre.

In the end, in the polling booth, I thought it would be churlish to not reward JA for the job she has done with Covid-19.

The idea Labour should refuse to include the Greens in government because a few new Labour voters might get upset is revolting. :thumbdown:
Useful idiot.
Plenty of folk would apply the same noun to you, pusnuts, but not the adjective. Never the adjective.

My ignore file gets another entry.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Knoath wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:28 am Couple of pages back noticed people calling fisherman rapist of the sea.
Through circumstances I spent a year on a 60ft trawler based out of Golden Bay. We where 5 days out 2 in.
The Government set quota's on nearly every species. We would hit our quota then put big signs on our net, saying, no your species isn't allowed as we are out of quota. We would get $4 a kilo for a breed, but if we bought that same breed in over quota, we got charged $16. They still took and sold the fish. So guess what happened to the over catch, over the side you go. They should allow them to bring in what they catch. Not penalise them, at least that way, they know what is being caught.
Secondly. For a month we had a deadlocked (including her armpits) observer to see where the Hector Dolphins where. On the way out there are two pods (always been there) we point them out, she says, no can only count from where your fishing.
Yep all goid
So what is your take on only hiring Russian/Ukrainian fishermen because no Kiwi wants to work on a fishing boat? Especially over 500 of them.

Is it the pay rates?

And what sort of tonnage was the bycatch which got dumped overboard? Thats the kind of thing that brings on the "sea rapist" comment. But yeah, MAF needs to take some of the blame for that.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Knoath wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:28 am Couple of pages back noticed people calling fisherman rapist of the sea.
Yep all goid
I was calling then ship that not the fishermen.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Santa wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:33 pm
Yep all goid
I was calling then ship that not the fishermen.
So, using that logic, you agree that it was the guns that led to the Chch massacre and not the shooter?
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:07 am
mr bungle wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:35 am Equally pathetic is Phil Twyford doing digital billboards thanking voters post election.

I drove through the intersection of Lincoln Rd and Universal Drive today and there's a huge billboard with Phil beaming at the poor of West Auckland from a $20-$30K billboard position thanking them for voting for him. :?

Phil Twyford better do something of substance quick or get off the stage.
He was a smarmy dickhead in opposition, which I hate. Was happy to see him crumble when given the opportunity to prove himself better.
He had a major effect in opposition and probably helped change the government more than anyone other that Jacinda Ardern in 2017. Since then he has been terrible, and he continues to be terrible. I am not afraid to admit that.

Kiwibuild; hard to do but as Ricardo Menendez March says, much more work should have gone into making those homes accessible to working families.

Auckland airport rail; what a nightmare of very expensive competing reports. He seems to have no idea how to run a tender and no idea what the vision should be.

And now he's taking out 5 figure digital billboards in order to build his brand at the entry point to Ranui and Swanson, the very poorest parts of West Auckland.

Wanker.
Yeah he was crap. Comes across as smug; all talk but no action. Transport should be taken off him.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Let's face it.

Twyford is a smug egotistical knobend
Dark

Post by Dark »

Almost shades of Cuniiffe
deadduck

Post by deadduck »

Who is paying for those billboards?

Better not be the fucken taxpayer and I doubt Labour would be wasting party funding on that
kiweez

Post by kiweez »

The Parliamentary precinct has been an interesting place the last few days. Monday especially was interesting seeing the new faces mill around while some old faces looking glum or excited (depending on the tie colour).

Bit of a lull in activity though now, as we can't really do anything until the government is formed and the 53rd parliament takes up the reigns. Happy that it's not going to take long, so there is that. Christ it's hard not to post an actual opinion!!! :x
Dark

Post by Dark »

kiweez wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:51 pm The Parliamentary precinct has been an interesting place the last few days. Monday especially was interesting seeing the new faces mill around while some old faces looking glum or excited (depending on the tie colour).

Bit of a lull in activity though now, as we can't really do anything until the government is formed and the 53rd parliament takes up the reigns. Happy that it's not going to take long, so there is that. Christ it's hard not to post an actual opinion!!! :x
Read Ardern saying 3 weeks

Not quite sure why it takes that long
Dark

Post by Dark »

Actually scratch that.

They are probably organising a working group
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Dark wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 pm
kiweez wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:51 pm The Parliamentary precinct has been an interesting place the last few days. Monday especially was interesting seeing the new faces mill around while some old faces looking glum or excited (depending on the tie colour).

They will be working behind the scenes but they will be waiting for the electoral commission to announce the final result and then they can swear in their members etc. That's next week sometime, isn't it?

This says 6th November

https://www.parliament.nz/electiontimeline/index.html
kiweez

Post by kiweez »

Enzedder wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:25 am
Dark wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 pm

They will be working behind the scenes but they will be waiting for the electoral commission to announce the final result and then they can swear in their members etc. That's next week sometime, isn't it?

This says 6th November

https://www.parliament.nz/electiontimeline/index.html
Yep, that's what we're planning around.
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Isn’t it wonderful that the Jacinda knockers are so resilient so determined after such a complete drubbing .

Tough guys huh ?

This next ( of probably two more terms ) will see whether this PM can truly deliver , there’s no NZfirst to act as handbrake so there’s are no excuses .

Delivery will see that she stands with Savage and Kirk , non delivery merely that she’s a brilliant politician like Key .
Last edited by Eugenius on Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Eugenius wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:35 am Isn’t it wonderful that the Jacinda knockers are so resilient so determined after such a complete drubbing .

Tough guys huh ?

This next ( of probably two more terms ) will see whether this PM can truly deliver , there’s no NZfirst to act as handbrake so there are no excuses .

Delivery will see that she stands with Savage and Kirk , non delivery merely that she’s a brilliant politician like Key .
Will be interesting to see if she actually does something, after 3 years of broken promises and blaming Peters for her ineptitude
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Eugenius wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:35 am Isn’t it wonderful that the Jacinda knockers are so resilient so determined
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Excellent- :lol:
Gordon Bennett

Post by Gordon Bennett »

Mr Mike on sterling form over the last couple of pages.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Mr Mike wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:56 am
Eugenius wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:35 am Isn’t it wonderful that the Jacinda knockers are so resilient so determined
:lol:
Brabus

Post by Brabus »

Eugenius wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:35 am Isn’t it wonderful that the Jacinda knockers are so resilient so determined after such a complete drubbing .

Tough guys huh ?

This next ( of probably two more terms ) will see whether this PM can truly deliver , there’s no NZfirst to act as handbrake so there’s are no excuses .

Apart from the dig at the beginning this is a good post. What we will see over the next three years is a party with no excuses. My guess is that power will win over principle meaning a Conservative track will be taken so as to not scare the horses.
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Put 4 clones in with the potatoes. I've named them Jacinda, Chloe, Paula and Tova. I wonder how many people will be arrested for Cannabis this summer.
Dark

Post by Dark »

It is what it is

Obviously Twyford will cock something else big up, but will not get sacked, as knows all their inside info'

Ardern will smile vacantly and not be able to answer questions

Kelvin will be hidden again.

Hipkins will just be a prick

Willie will pretend he never slagged his own party off every day while doing talkback

Little will be trying to get scum murderers and rapists not having to go to trial, as it isn't their fault.

Mallard will be his usual biased arsehole self in an impartial position as speaker
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Did anyone else hear about losing incumbent MPs personally showing up at the winning candidate's election night HQ to concede in person? Apparently it's a bit of a tradition in the rural seats. Given their long stints, Nick Smith in Nelson and Jonathan Young in New Plymouth are the standouts for rocking up to the Labour candidate's party to do the deed. They were reportedly given standing ovations by the Labour supporters.

That's quite nice isn't it?
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Dark wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:33 am It is what it is

Obviously Twyford will cock something else big up, but will not get sacked, as knows all their inside info'

Willie will pretend he never slagged his own party off every day while doing talkback

Little will be trying to get scum murderers and rapists not having to go to trial, as it isn't their fault.

Mallard will be his usual biased arsehole self in an impartial position as speaker
Thanks for your nuanced take. Here's mine.

You literally ruin one of the best NZ political threads you will find anywhere on the Internet.

Whilst we can't all be expected to deliver quality posts on Mr Mike's level you could at least spam most of your crap posts into the Twitter void instead. Follow me @MorganGodfery
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Anyone got any ideas on who will end up running what

Especially for foreign affairs, defence and taking on the shitshow of oranga tamariki from Tracey Martin

And surely hipkins can't keep all his portfolios
Dark

Post by Dark »

Kahu wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 am

You literally ruin one of the best NZ political threads you will find anywhere on the Internet.

Whilst we can't all be expected to deliver quality posts on Mr Mike's level you could at least spam most of your crap posts into the Twitter void instead. Follow me @MorganGodfery
Cry me a river.

If you can't handle people pointing out Labour have done zilch of what tgey promised in 3 years get over it.

Kiwibuild'
CGT
90 day trials
3 strikes
Extra fuel line to the airport
Light rail
Water tax
Child poverty up
Housing waiting lists up
Culling immigration by 30,000 before Covid - No
Dark

Post by Dark »

Basically

Face it

They are shit
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

I don't have a problem with that. You just do it monotonously without style is all I'm saying. Like a RW Morgan Godfery.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Kahu wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:48 am I don't have a problem with that. You just do it monotonously without style is all I'm saying. Like a RW Morgan Godfery.
Well someone has to point it out, in between gazing into Ardern's eyes in awe
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Dark wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:50 am
Kahu wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:48 am I don't have a problem with that. You just do it monotonously without style is all I'm saying. Like a RW Morgan Godfery.
I'd prefer to be gazing into Paula Benefit's big brown eye but we can't always get what we want.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Kahu wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:54 am
Dark wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:50 am
I'd prefer to be gazing into Paula Benefit's big brown eye but we can't always get what we want.
She isn't pretending to run the place
Santa

Post by Santa »

Tough guys huh ?

Yeah but non-delivery will be a little bit of a failure given the seriousness of the situation won't it? Just a little?
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Kahu wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:54 am I'd prefer to be gazing into Paula Benefit's big brown eye but we can't always get what we want.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

On Tuesday, October 13, the engineer, garbed in a mask and gloves, stepped aboard the Sofrana Surville and got to work.

He wasn't the only person on deck that day.

Eight crew members from the Philippines also filed on to the ship, having flown into the country a few days earlier, and spending a brief period of isolation in Auckland's Novotel hotel.

(This raises) fresh and troubling questions about New Zealand's border system.

An obvious one was why the Sofrana Surville's crew had only had to isolate for a few days after flying in – and none had been tested while here.

Bloomfield said crews in transit weren't routinely tested, and the ministry was now reviewing measures around ports and ship workers.
Looks like the latest cases originate from departures from mandatory 14 day quarantine. If the owner/manager of that ship required Filipino crew on 13 October they should have been flown into the country on 30 September and quarantined for 14 days. No exceptions.

This is an example of the MoH delegating isolation measures to industry and industry screwing it up. This is done because of business and political pressure and it does nothing but weaken our response. :thumbdown:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/big-read- ... FBHQUBZDI/
Couch

Post by Couch »

Auckman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:33 am Did anyone else hear about losing incumbent MPs personally showing up at the winning candidate's election night HQ to concede in person? Apparently it's a bit of a tradition in the rural seats. Given their long stints, Nick Smith in Nelson and Jonathan Young in New Plymouth are the standouts for rocking up to the Labour candidate's party to do the deed. They were reportedly given standing ovations by the Labour supporters.

That's quite nice isn't it?
Imagine getting a standing ovation everytime you get demoted or left redundant? They love sucking their own cocks don't they (politicians)
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Sad thing is he really has no idea.

It would be absolutely fine to argue the same , if only he did it better !

It’s pathetically shrill , incredibly childish and often bordering on the mentally deranged.

There’s little hope of him taking the hint and leaving , absolutely no hope of the poor bugger upping his game .

I’m not sure what he hopes to achieve .
Dark

Post by Dark »

Eugenius wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Sad thing is he really has no idea.

It would be absolutely fine to argue the same , if only he did it better !

It’s pathetically shrill , incredibly childish and often bordering on the mentally deranged.

There’s little hope of him taking the hint and leaving , absolutely no hope of the poor bugger upping his game .

I’m not sure what he hopes to achieve .
OK Eug

What are the top 5 achievements Labour have done over the last 3 years in your own opinion, that weren't due to tragedy, they had no control over.

If you could highlight the ones that were there pre-2017 promises they have actually done at the same time?