Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459 ... 738  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:38 am 

booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
booji boy wrote:
I know nothing about Whale Oil and couldn't give a flying fudge about them. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even know of their existence.

Yet you know the 'left' hate Key because they're left, and the entire 'right' don't because the right doesn't hate. :lol:

Geez you're like a dog with a bone aren't you.

You're like the JM2K6 of politic threads. I need to remember to avoid getting into tit for tat discussions with you like I do with him on rugby discussions. ;)

I could say the same about you. :lol:

If you say stupid stuff and then double down on it then of course I'll triple down.

Ok let's put it this way. I mentioned 'the left' and you brought up Whale Oil. What is the extreme left version of Whale Oil? I have no idea. I wasn't referring to the extreme left. I was just talking the left in general. It's a bit like you trolling Canterbury fans. I'm sure not all Canterbury fans are insular, rabid, one eyed inbreeds but you've formed that opinion from the ones you've met/encountered over the years. It's the same as my impression of lefties. Maybe they're not all mean spirited misery guts that despise successful, wealthy rich pricks. But that's certainly the impression I've got from the the ones I've met over the years. ;)

Bomber probably

It was the Standard, but they seem to have toned it down

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:54 am 

Dark wrote:
booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Yet you know the 'left' hate Key because they're left, and the entire 'right' don't because the right doesn't hate. :lol:

Geez you're like a dog with a bone aren't you.

You're like the JM2K6 of politic threads. I need to remember to avoid getting into tit for tat discussions with you like I do with him on rugby discussions. ;)

I could say the same about you. :lol:

If you say stupid stuff and then double down on it then of course I'll triple down.

Ok let's put it this way. I mentioned 'the left' and you brought up Whale Oil. What is the extreme left version of Whale Oil? I have no idea. I wasn't referring to the extreme left. I was just talking the left in general. It's a bit like you trolling Canterbury fans. I'm sure not all Canterbury fans are insular, rabid, one eyed inbreeds but you've formed that opinion from the ones you've met/encountered over the years. It's the same as my impression of lefties. Maybe they're not all mean spirited misery guts that despise successful, wealthy rich pricks. But that's certainly the impression I've got from the the ones I've met over the years. ;)

Bomber probably

It was the Standard, but they seem to have toned it down

Nah, Bomber is going after Labour (and the Greens actually), calling out their hypocrisy. He even does a segment with Damian Grant on Sean Plunket’s show. Some of TDB’s contributors (Mike Treen, Christine Rose etc) are quite rabid though. At least TDB doesn’t hide behind anonymous posters like WO. WO has been taken over by RW special interest groups, lobbyists.....

I’d actually say the home of the most hateful left would be The Spinoff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:09 am 

Another failure to do what Labour promised.

This time new cops.

This is getting slightly silly.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zea ... hree-years

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:34 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Nah, not too bad - we don't want them to reduce on quality and end up like the USA

Quote:
Mr Nash said, as of 1 April, 666 officers had been added to the police force since July 2017, and there are a record number of sworn officers, at 9506.

OOoooooh - 666 :shock: :shock: (but that isn't bad and the highest ever sworn offices ain't bad either, unless you are a totally negative nelly.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:41 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Nah, not too bad - we don't want them to reduce on quality and end up like the USA

Quote:
Mr Nash said, as of 1 April, 666 officers had been added to the police force since July 2017, and there are a record number of sworn officers, at 9506.

OOoooooh - 666 :shock: :shock: (but that isn't bad and the highest ever sworn offices ain't bad either, unless you are a totally negative nelly.)

I'm not particularly negative over it.

It is the price of having MMP and budgeting between the coalition parties

I am just beginning to wonder why anyone should take any parties promises pre-election with a grain of salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:50 am 

The 1800 new cops may have been a pre-election promise but it's also in the Labour-NZ First coalition agreement:

Quote:
Strive towards adding 1800 new Police officers over three years and commit to a serious focus on combatting organised crime and drugs

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/n ... 1529499873 (page 5)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:52 am 

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
The 1800 new cops may have been a pre-election promise but it's also in the Labour-NZ First coalition agreement:

Quote:
Strive towards adding 1800 new Police officers over three years and commit to a serious focus on combatting organised crime and drugs

And they are doing exactly that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

Quote:

OKm8.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

Quote:

Interesting that they are appointing more cops and striving to combat organised crime whilst at the same time wanting to let every out of jail.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:09 am 

booji boy wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

Quote:

Interesting that they are appointing more cops and striving to combat organised crime whilst at the same time wanting to let every out of jail.

Making room for the hard nuts who they are going to catch - one day ;) .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 am 

Enzedder wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

Quote:

Making room for the hard nuts who they are going to catch - one day ;) .

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:23 am 

Enzedder wrote:

Quote:

I'm surprised Stuart Nash allowed that figure. When he reviewed Inland Revenue's last Four-year Plan and saw the budget was becoming $666m he said "Can we change this ... people already think you do the work of the devil." :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:40 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Quote:

I'm surprised Stuart Nash allowed that figure. When he reviewed Inland Revenue's last Four-year Plan and saw the budget was becoming $666m he said "Can we change this ... people already think you do the work of the devil." :lol:

:lol: classic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:56 am 

booji boy wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

Quote:

Prisons are full of people who shouldn't be there, and people who shouldn't be let out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:22 am 

Tehui wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:

Quote:

Prisons are full of people who shouldn't be there, and people who shouldn't be let out.

While the ones who shouldn't be let out spend all day turning the ones that shouldn't be there into other shouldn't be let out's

It is a complicated business, and whilst I agree with people with things like unpaid fines shouldn't be in there, it does take a fair bit to get a govt holiday.

She is hardly the odd unpaid speeding ticket or a joint.

But there is the immense risk of putting young people in there who would normally sort their shit out after a while outside and turning them into scum

Toughy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 am 

Any scorecards being maintained for the “Year of Delivery” by any reputable sources?

Which policy initiatives are tracking on or ahead of schedule?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:55 am 

Well, Labour have a habit of jettisoning targets or scrapping the reporting of metrics the moment it becomes clear that they've over-sold their capacity to make change.

No doubt they'll be the ones telling us all the good things they're delivering. Don't hold your breath for any independent analysis.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:07 pm 

Wilderbeast wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Quote:

You may laugh, but I just checked the USD/NZD cross rate. 0.666, coincidence?

1.5017 isn’t as scary, but that’s just spin....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:22 pm 

kiweez wrote:

Agreed I think there is some really strong toxic passive aggressive condescending resentment held by a good portion of their followers. Whether that is a by-product of their Journalism or vice versa I'm yet to decide. Probably abit of both.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 am 

Seems the coalition have stuck to one promise, however didn't see Winnie mentioned anywhere ...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/112243 ... -years-ago

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:54 am 

Mr Mike wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Quote:

You may laugh, but I just checked the USD/NZD cross rate. 0.666, coincidence?

1.5017 isn’t as scary, but that’s just spin....

She's heeeeeeeere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:19 am 

:lol:

The Anti-Jacinda. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:25 am 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:29 am 

Kahu wrote:
kiweez wrote:

Agreed I think there is some really strong toxic passive aggressive condescending resentment held by a good portion of their followers. Whether that is a by-product of their Journalism or vice versa I'm yet to decide. Probably abit of both.

That's not exclusive to this amorphous 'Left' that everyone twitches about, it's just standard NZ behaviour.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 pm 

Latest talk from Ardern about tax is that any future reforms will be geared towards fairness.

Well they should start by indexing tax brackets to median income and revert the band proportionality to 2014 levels.
They can pay for that by increasing the super age to 67.
Then they can introduce an assets-based tax.

They probably won't do any of those things. They'll probably introduce a new top band, some kind of inheritance tax
And they will continue to placate the generation that continually steals from its descendants by leaving super unaffordable and leaving Gen X and the wealthless and debt-ridden millennials to pay for it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:53 pm 

deadduck wrote:
Latest talk from Ardern about tax is that any future reforms will be geared towards fairness.

Well they should start by indexing tax brackets to median income and revert the band proportionality to 2014 levels.

They probably won't do any of those things. They'll probably introduce a new top band, some kind of inheritance tax
And they will continue to placate the generation that continually steals from its descendants by leaving super unaffordable and leaving Gen X and the wealthless and debt-ridden millennials to pay for it.

Yes to all this, though I'm not averse to a new top tax on high income earners ($180k plus or something like that).

Would also like to see revenue sharing for tax purposes back up for discussion (the ability for a husband and wife to assess their total income and split it 50/50 for tax purposes between them).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:28 pm 

Wilderbeast wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Yes to all this, though I'm not averse to a new top tax on high income earners ($180k plus or something like that).

Would also like to see revenue sharing for tax purposes back up for discussion (the ability for a husband and wife to assess their total income and split it 50/50 for tax purposes between them).

Agree with DD & Beast, would also take it a step further and have a no tax band say up to the current lowest band of $14,999 and either fvck off or severely reduce FTC. Would also look at GST exemptions for essential items and bump up the GST rate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm 

deadduck wrote:

I'm just trying to reconcile that statement with the 'political' decision not to introduce CGT.

:?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 am 

It's all in the spin! (I agree with you btw)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:43 am 

Well ANZAC seemed to go pretty smoothly

Personally think the cancelling some was a bit over kill, but then thinking about it from the cops point of you I do tend to feel for them a bit. Were always onto a lose/lose which ever way they went

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 am 

I was more worried about the ANZAC ceremonies in Gallipoli to be honest. The events in Christchurch seem to have been picked up by radical Islamic groups and it worries me that New Zealanders, who have flown under the radar in the past, may now be targeted by groups like ISIS.

The fact that the perpetrator was a lone wolf nutter from Australia who has been locked up and vilified by the rest of NZ and we've stood in solidarity with our Muslim community will make no difference to them. Unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 am 

booji boy wrote:
I was more worried about the ANZAC ceremonies in Gallipoli to be honest. The events in Christchurch seem to have been picked up by radical Islamic groups and it worries me that New Zealanders, who have flown under the radar in the past, may now be targeted by groups like ISIS.

The fact that the perpetrator was a lone wolf nutter from Australia who has been locked up and vilified by the rest of NZ and we've stood in solidarity with our Muslim community will make no difference to them. Unfortunately.

True, but then what does this event this year have anything different to any other event in the future

If it is going to happen, it will happen

Short of having armed police at every rugby match, ANZAC day ceremony, every year, christmas parade she is a tad not worth worrying about

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 am 

Slightly embarrassing for the police given the current tone

11 guns stolen from police including ones handed in to get them out of public hands

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national ... ce-station

Last edited by Dark on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 am 

//

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:55 am 

Dark wrote:

11 guns stolen from police including ones handed in to get them out of public hands

Pretty brazen stealing guns from the police!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 am 

booji boy wrote:
Dark wrote:

Five stars straight away in GTA isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 am 

booji boy wrote:
Dark wrote:

The word "exhibit" is a bit dodge.

Kind of presumes some were evidence in cases now presumably not admissible for evidence

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:27 am 

JB1981 wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Dark wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 am 

booji boy wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Dark wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:nod:
Best laugh I've had in a while.

Puts in to context all the BS/ ass covering by Ardern and the Bacon, in the frenzy that resulted over unworkable and short -sighted changes to gun Laws.

Might just be enough for the 'independent' hacks to scrutinise and comment on the Royal commission enquiry into the ChCh massacre.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:34 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Kahu wrote:
kiweez wrote:

That's not exclusive to this amorphous 'Left' that everyone twitches about, it's just standard NZ behaviour.

Umm yeah nah I don't think so. There is a definite personality split.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459 ... 738  Next